Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Samsung EX-T85NB 85mm f/1.4 Lens
Light-gathering telephoto lens for Samsung NX Series cameras
Item # 305EXT85 | MFR # EX-T85NB/US
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Samsung EX-T85NB 85mm f/1.4 Lens by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
I'm with the band
You grew up with these people. And now they're the darlings of college radio and YouTube™. Yes, your favorite hometown band has reached the outskirts of the big time, but they still set you up with the backstage pass so you can do what you do best, grab the pictures from everywhere around the stage. Your pictures are legendary with the online fans. So just how do you always get the shot others miss?
Your Samsung EX-T85NB has a lot to do with it. Perched on the front of your Samsung NX Series camera, it brings home crisp, colorful, and evocative shots even in the dim light of the theaters and small venues that bring out this band's best work. That's because it sports a light-thirsty f/1.4 aperture and a focal length equivalent of almost 131mm — a heady combination that simultaneously gives your NX camera a long reach and the ability to make good pictures in lower-than-ideal light.
The innovative i-Function button on the side of the lens allows you to take advantage of manual settings, or automatic ones, simply by twisting the lens. You'll find that pretty intuitive when you're stepping over power cables backstage. No hunting for hidden menu functions or buttons you can't really see.
What's in the Box:
- 85mm F1.4 ED SSA NX lens (black)
- 67mm Lens cap (black)(installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- LH-85NB Lens hood
- Lens pouch
- User Manual (11 languages)
- After-Sales Service Guide
- 85mm f/1.4 macro lens with 35mm equivalent of 130.9mm
- compatible with Samsung NX Series digital cameras
- light-sensitive telephoto lens reaches across space to capture close-up shots in subdued natural light
- convenient i-Function button gives instant access to manual settings with a twist of the lens
- minimum focus distance: 32.28"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- nine circular-aperture diaphragm blades for smooth background defocusing
- filter/attachment size: 67mm
- lens is 3-3/16" in diameter and 3-13/16" long
- weight: 24.66 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- lens hood
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Samsung NX-mount: The Samsung 85mm F1.4 ED SSA lens has the Samsung NX-mount. It is compatible with Samsung's NX-series of interchangeable lens cameras, including NX1000 and NX300.
Super Sonic Actuator: The lens is equipped with a Super Sonic Actuator (SSA) for fast, silent, and precise auto focusing. With its internal focusing system, the lens barrel doesn't move as you focus, therefore you can get very close to tiny subjects without startling them with movement or focusing sounds.
Lens Hood: A lens hood is included with the lens to prevent deterioration of image quality due to internal reflection of light. The hood attaches to the end of lens with a bayonet-type mount. When not in use, the lens hood can be inverted and stored on the lens.
Focus Mode Switch: You can set the focus mode (auto or manual) with the A/MF - MF switch on the side of the lens. If you set the mode to Auto/Manual Focus (A/MF), the camera focuses automatically, however, you can fine-tune the focus manually using the focus ring (full-time manual focus). Once you set the mode to MF, you can only adjust the focus by rotating the focus ring.
Special i-Modes: The lens is compatible with special "i-modes" found in some NX-series camera. The Fn (Function) button found on the lens barrel activates the modes, which vary by camera model:
- i-Depth: You can adjust the depth of field on the lens
- i-Function: In P, A, S, or M modes, you can manually select and adjust shutter speed, aperture value, exposure value, ISO sensitivity, and White Balance on the lens
- i-Zoom: You can zoom in on a subject with less degradation of the photo quality than the digital zoom.
- i-Scene: You can select an appropriate scene mode and filter effect with the lens. Available modes and effects include Beauty Shot, Portrait, Children, Backlight, Landscape, Sunset, Dawn, Beach & Snow, and Night.
- Focal Length: 85mm (35mm equivalent: 130.9mm)
- Construction: 10 elements in 8 groups (including 1 Extra-low dispersion element)
- Angle of View: 18.8°
- Aperture: F1.4 (Maximum), F22 (Minimum)
- Maximum Magnification: 0.13x
- Minimum Focus Distance: 32.28"
- Filter Size: 67mm
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.132", Length=3.79" (4.3" w/caps)
- Weight: 24.66 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.