Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Tablet with 7" touchscreen and 8GB memory
Item # 305GAL287 | MFR # GT-P3113TSYXAR
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
A window to the Web
What can you do with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2? Just about anything — surf the web, shoot and upload videos and photos, chat with friends, watch movies, play music, post social media updates and more.
This compact tablet features a sensitive touchscreen that's intuitive and easy to use, so you can have fun right from the start. The display shines with rich, vivid colors and the layout can be customized to suit your tastes.
Use apps to make this tablet your own
There are thousands of apps available through the Google Play Store that can make the Galaxy Tab 2 do more of what you want it to. For example, if you like eBooks, you can download the Amazon Kindle app and Google Reader app for access to millions of titles.
Samsung Hubs — where the action is
The tablet comes pre-loaded with the Samsung Media Hub. This interface lets you instantly access thousands of movies and TV shows — even some exclusive content. Rent or buy your favorite shows and movies with the tap of a finger.
The Samsung Social Hub pulls together your email, IM, contacts, calendar and social media connections into a single interface. In one screen you'll see live updates to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, as well as new texts and emails.
Want to organize the screen differently? You can easily customize it to suit your needs.
Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®
The Galaxy Tab 2 has built-in Wi-Fi, so you can use your home wireless network or public hotspots to access the Internet. The tablet is a Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) certified device. That means it can stream videos, photos, and music to and from compatible devices, such as many TVs, Blu-ray players, and PCs.
And the Tab 2 has built-in Bluetooth. So you can use it with Bluetooth wireless headsets and headphones, portable speakers and other compatible devices.
Two cameras for twice the fun
In the rear panel of the tablet is a 3 megapixel camera with built-in flash. Take snapshots or shoot high-definition 720p video. A front-panel VGA camera lets you use the tablet for video chat. A built-in microphone picks up the sound for your videos and online conversations.
Expandable memory for more entertainment options
The tablet comes with 8 gigabytes of built-in memory. But if you need more room to store your photos, videos, or music, no problem. A microSD card slot on the side lets you slip in extra cards (available separately) to expand your available storage.
Powerful processing for speedy operation
The microSD card slot lets you quickly add additional room for music, video, and photos.
The Galaxy Tab 2 uses a 1.0GHz dual-core processor to ensure that web pages load quickly, and to minimize delays in downloading movies or music. Android's latest "Ice Cream Sandwich" operating system seriously improves performance and smoothness of operation over older versions of the OS.
Nice little tablet, easy to use and the screen looks great.
What's in the Box:
- 7.0" Tablet (8GB)
- AC travel adapter
- 2-Prong AC plug
- 39" Connecter cable (with a proprietary Samsung connector on one end and a USB type-A connector on other end)
- Basic Function Guide
- Samsung Media Hub note
- Health & Safety/Warranty Guide
- Accessory Guide/Online Product Registration
- 7" touchscreen tablet
- 8GB embedded flash memory
- customizable screen layout and app shortcuts
- virtual QWERTY keyboard
- Wi-Fi® only (no mobile contract necessary)
- Allshare (via DLNA) to share content with other DLNA PCs and Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Bluetooth 3.0
- thousands of apps available from the Google Play Store
- pre-loaded with Samsung Media Hub
- access to thousands of movies and TV shows
- progressive download lets you watch instantly without buffering
- store Media Hub purchases in the cloud, and access from other devices
- Samsung Readers Hub and Music Hub (subscription may be required) give you access to millions of books and songs, and thousands of newspapers and magazines
- Samsung Social Hub combines email, IM, contacts, calendar and social network connections (such as Twitter and Facebook) into a single interface
- compatible with Amazon Kindle and Google Book apps
- 3-megapixel rear camera for taking photographs (includes autofocus and flash), 2-megapixel front camera for self-portraits and Skype
- records 720p video
- built-in speakerphone for audio playback and receiving your voice commands (for voice-activated apps)
- speech recognition and speech-to-text function
- stereo headphone minijack output
- microSD card slot (microSD card available separately)
- sync and charging cable with USB connector
- built-in rechargeable battery
- AC power adapter
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich v. 4.0 operating system
- dual core 1.0GHz processor
- 7-5/8"W x 4-7/8"H x 7/16"D
- weight: 9.2 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Screen Size (inches)||7|
|Screen Resolution||1,024 x 600|
|Operating System||Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich|
|CPU Type||Dual Core|
|Battery Life (hours)||Not given|
|Front Camera (megapixels)||VGA|
|Rear Camera (megapixels)||3.0|
|System Memory (RAM)||1GB|
|Memory Cards Supported||microSD|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Thin, Lightweight Design: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 features a thin, lightweight design. It measures only 4.875" (w) x 7.625" (h) x 0.4375" (d), and weighs only 9.12 ounces.
7" Touchscreen: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 features a 7" TFT LCD touchscreen with a resolution of 1,024 x 600 pixels. The 7" LCD touchscreen lets you surf the web, watch films, view pictures, e-read, share documents, and more. The screen rotates when you turn your tablet to a "portrait" or "landscape" orientation. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 offers touchscreen commands such as Touch, Hold, Swipe, Flick, Slide, and Pinch.
Auto Light Sensor: The 7" touchscreen features an auto light sensor to automatically adjust the brightness of the screen, or you can adjust the screen's brightness. The touchscreen can also be set to automatically dim the brightness to conserve battery power.
Accelerometer: It is possible to control certain aspects of the tablet by simply tilting it. You can tilt the Samsung tablet to reduce or enlarge the screen. You can move an icon from one Home page to another by panning your device to the left or right while holding the icon.
TouchWiz: TouchWiz is Samsung's proprietary touchscreen user interface. TouchWiz delivers a superior multi-tasking, enhanced user interaction, and navigation experience, by creating a more visual, fluid and intuitive interface with the following features:
- Live Panel: Live Panel features a magazine-like widget view to get immediate access to weather, social updates, email, news, etc., right on the home screen. Its visual layout is completely customizable so you get relevant information delivered to you instantly.
- Mini Apps Tray: The Mini Apps Tray provides easy access to commonly used applications; such as Task Manager, Calendar, World Clock, Pen Memo, Calculator, Music (which overlay on current activity for powerful multi-tasking).
- Clipboard: Clipboard offers advanced copy-paste functionality allowing you to store photos, web pages, YouTube links, etc. on the clipboard for easy sharing by email and social updates.
- Indicator Quick Panel: The Indicator Quick Panel lets you quickly toggle on/off Wi-Fi, notifications, sound, brightness, and settings.
Customizable Home Screen: The Home screen is the starting point for using this device. The Home screen consists of the Home panel, plus four panels that extend beyond the display width to provide more space for adding shortcuts and widgets. Slide your finger horizontally across the screen to scroll to the left or right side panels. You can customize the Home screen to suit your preferences.
- Wall Paper: You can choose a picture to display in the background of the Home screen. Choose from preloaded wallpaper images or select a photo you have downloaded or taken with the built-in camera.
- Primary Shortcuts: Primary Shortcuts appear at the bottom of the tablet's main Home screen. Primary Shortcuts include Media Hub, Social Hub, Smart Remote, Browser, Market, and Samsung Apps.
- Widgets: Widgets are self-contained applications that you can place on the Home screens to access your favorite features. When you first turn on the tablet, there are various widgets on the center Home screen and the Home screens to the left and right of the center Home screen.
- App Shortcuts: Use App Shortcuts for quick access to applications or features, such as Email or other applications.
App Screen: The Apps screen holds all applications on the tablet device. Applications that you download and install from the Android Market, Samsung, or from the web are also added to the Apps screen. The Apps icons are arranged in alphabetic order.
Virtual QWERTY Keyboard: The Samsung tablet employs a virtual QWERTY keyboard for text entry. You can use the keyboard to enter letters, punctuation, numbers, and other characters into text entry fields or applications. Simply access the keyboard by touching any text entry field. The tablet offers several text input methods when using the QWERTY keyboard.
- Swype: Swype is a new text input method that allows you to enter words by gliding your finger over the virtual QWERTY keyboard, lifting your finger between words. You can also enable Word prediction, which matches your key touches to common words.
- Samsung Keypad: The Samsung Keypad is a virtual QWERTY keyboard that allows you to enter text by touching keys on the screen. The Samsung keyboard includes predictive text, which matches your key touches to common words so that you can select the word to enter it into your text.
Handwriting Feature: You can enter text simply by using your finger to handwrite letters on the touchscreen. As you write, suggestions are offered in the word options area in case the correct letters were not recognized.
Screen Saver: When the tablet screen automatically times out, instead of a blank screen, enable the Galaxy Tab Screensaver, which is actually an action-packed video tour of all the features that you will find on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
Locking Screen: By default, the device locks automatically when the screen times out, or you can lock it manually. You can unlock the device using one of the default Unlock screens, or for increased security, use a personal screen unlock pattern.
1.0GHz Dual Core Processor: The Samsung Galaxy 7.0 tablet boasts a 1.0GHz dual core Exynos processor for blazing speed when surfing the web or downloading movies and music.
Android OS: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 comes with Android Ice Cream Sandwich v.4.0 operating system (as of 4/19/2012). The Android Ice Cream Sandwich v.4.0 operating system offers a new user interface and customization features for greater application and web-browsing capabilities.
Android Market: Because the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 runs on Android Ice Cream Sandwich v.4.0, it has access to over 450,000 apps from the Android Market. You can browse, download, and install various Android apps (such as Movie, Music, Games, & more) from the Android Market.
8GB Memory: The Samsung Galaxy 7.0 tablet features an embedded 8GB flash memory for data storage and access.
Firmware Updates: The Software Update feature enables you to use the tablet to connect to the network and download any new software directly to the device. The device automatically updates with the latest available software when you access this option.
Note: Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest software/firmware updates.
Wi-Fi Certified: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 features built-in Wi-Fi to access the Internet from your home network or public hotspots. Wi-Fi communication requires access to an existing Wireless Access Point (WAP). WAPs can be Open (unsecured, as with most hotspots) or Secured (requiring you to provide login credentials). The tablet device supports the 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi protocol.
Allshare (via DLNA): AllShare allows the Samsung tablet to wirelessly stream photos, music, and videos from its memory to other Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) certified devices; such at TVs, Blu-ray players, PCs or other devices over a wireless WiFi network (or vice-versa). The tablet can also play digital content streamed from other DLNA certified devices
Built-In Bluetooth 3.0: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 features built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0). You can establish wireless communications between the Samsung tablet & other Bluetooth-enabled devices such as a computer, mobile phone, headset, or Bluetooth headphone for audio streaming. You can transfer audio data between these devices without cables at a range of up to 30' in an open area.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the tablet.
Samsung Media Hub: The Galaxy Tab 7.0 comes pre-loaded with the Samsung Media Hub, which gives you instant access to thousands of movies and TV shows. Available exclusively on Samsung devices, the Media Hub offers TV shows the day after they air as well as past seasons. In addition, select movies will be available the day they are released on DVD. Media Hub is focused on providing you the latest blockbuster action movies, family movies, comedy movies, and thrillers; as well as the classics. With "progressive download", you can start to watch instantly while you download your content; no waiting or buffering. Media Hub is a real "cloud service" - you can have the purchases you have made on up to five devices at a time; and you never have to sync with a PC; all downloads are over Wi-Fi. Your purchases are tied to your account, so there's no need to back up your content on the device. Access the Samsung Media Hub and watch what you want, when you want, where you want.
- Movies: After selecting Movie Store, you will be able to browse through multiple movie genres like Action, Comedy, and Family. Select a genre and begin scrolling through the various movie selections within that category. You can either purchase a movie or rent it from 24 to 48 hours depending on your movie selection. After the download, you will have 30 days from purchase to start watching your selection. You will then have 24 to 48 hours to finish watching the movie
- Television: After selecting TV Store, you will be able to scroll through the various television networks (NBC, Warner, MTV, Paramount, and Universal) and search for your favorite shows. You will even be able to catch series premieres and new episodes the day after they air. After you find a particular show, you have the option to either purchase the season or select an individual show. Television shows are only available for purchase
Samsung Social Hub: The Samsung Social Hub combines email, instant messaging, contacts, calendar, and social network connections into a single interface. You'll get live updates from all your favorite social sites; such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Samsung Apps: Samsung Apps lets you download "for pay" or "free-of-charge" applications and services to the Samsung tablet. You can enjoy a variety of content from various downloaded applications - such as videos, music, photos, games, and news. Samsung Apps has a growing collection of pay and free-of-charge online applications that connect you to some of your favorite online content - such as movies from Netflix or Blockbuster, TV shows from Hulu Plus, videos from YouTube, Next Level sports information from ESPN, music from Pandora, and social updates from Facebook or Twitter. Once connected to your home network, you can visit the online Samsung Apps store from the tablet's Samsung Apps icon and download free Apps or purchase advanced applications.
Smart Remote (powered by Peel): Thanks to a built-in infrared blaster and Smart Remote (powered by Peel), the Galaxy Tab 2 can seamlessly manage almost any home entertainment system, without hardware or cables. Simple finger swipes of the tablet's touchscreen let you control your TV, cable or satellite box, DVD player, Blu-ray player, and AV audio system - all from your Galaxy Tab 2. In addition, the Smart Remote (powered by Peel) presents an easy-to-use graphical display of TV shows, movies, and sports, sorted by type and genre in the order you like. View personalized programming recommendations, then just tap "Watch on TV" and the Galaxy Tab 2 instantly changes the channel for you. Smart Remote (powered by Peel) even lets you share your TV experience with Facebook friends and Twitter followers with a single tap.
MobilePrint App: Samsung's MobilePrint app lets your print directly from the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 to a Samsung wireless printer. With Samsung's MobilePrint app you can send emails, web pages, maps, photos, and Office documents directly to Samsung wireless printers without booting up your PC. You can even reverse the process and send a scanned document or photo to the tablet directly from the printer. You then can review and edit the document on the Samsung tablet. MobilePrint supports the printer's native image quality and file type settings (JPG, PDF, etc.) and lets you choose between creating color or black-and-white scans. The application will detect any Samsung wireless printer nearby that is connected via Wi-Fi or a network link.
Note: MobilePrint App is compatible with all new and existing Samsung wireless printers.
Samsung Kies 2.0: Samsung Kies 2.0 is a software that enables you to update the tablet device firmware, synchronize files, and transfer data to and from your device directly by connecting to the PC.
Web Search Apps: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 offers various search tools to navigate the web.
- Web Browser: The Samsung tablet is equipped with a full HTML Browser that allows you to access the internet. You can surf the internet just like on your computer, and get the full enjoyment of Adobe Flash Player compatible sites, games, and videos.
- Google Search: The Google Search app lets you search the internet and the tablet device using the Google search engine.
- Voice Search: The Google Voice Search app lets you browse the web via voice commands (English only).
GPS Apps: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 features a built-in GPS antenna to provide location information by receiving signals from GPS satellites. GPS applications allow you to achieve real-time, GPS-enabled, turn-by-turn navigation, and to access local searches based on a variety of category parameters. You can see the location where you are, where you are going, or directions to a destination on Google Maps with the tablet device. You can also download other GPS apps from the Android Market. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 includes the following pre-loaded GPS apps.
- Google Maps: Use Google Maps to find your current location, get directions, and other location-based information. Simply type or speak your requested location to display it on the map screen. You can enter a "My Location & "End Point" to get on-screen visual directions.
- Google Navigation: Use Google Navigation to find a destination and to get walking or driving directions. You can speak a destination, type a destination, select a contact, or choose a "marked" destination. Google Navigation will then provide a Directions List and voice-guided prompts.
- Google Places: Google Places uses your location to help you find nearby destinations, such as restaurants, bars, hotels, attractions, ATMs, and gas stations, or you can enter a location.
- Google Latitude: With Google Latitude, you can see the location of all of your friends on a map or on a list. You can also share or hide your location. You must first set up your tablet to use wireless networks to help pinpoint your location.
Note: Global GPS turn-by-turn navigation, mapping, and Point of Interest content is available for 3 continents, including North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Western Europe, and China, where WiFi coverage is available.
Music Player App: The Music app contains a music player that plays music and other audio files stored on the tablet, on your computer (via Allshare), or online (via WiFi). The Music app searches your online library, your computer's music, and the tablet's internal storage for music and playlists; this can take from a few seconds to several minutes, depending on the amount of new music added since you last opened the application. It then displays a carousel view of your new and recent music, organized by album.
- Browse Music Library: You can browse your music library by New & recent, Albums, Artists, Songs, Playlists, or Genres.
- Now Playing Screen: The Now Playing screen will appear when a song you touched or the first song in the album or playlist starts to play. Along with track number and playback time, the tablet will display song title, artist name, and album art.
- Playlist: You can create a custom playlist of tracks to play back from your stored & online music library.
- Repeat Option: The tracks in the current list play in order until you reach the end of the list (unless you choose a repeat option). Otherwise, playback stops only if you stop it, even when you switch applications.
- Shuffle Mode: When Shuffle mode is enabled, songs play in random order. When disabled, songs play in the order they appear in List view.
Note: Compatible audio formats include MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, FLAC, WMA, Vorbis, Midi, AMR NB/WB, AC3 (only with Video), and WAV.
Video Apps: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 lets you playback videos you've recorded with the tablet's built-in camera, have stored on your computer (via Allshare), or streamed from an online site (via WiFi).
- Video Player: The Samsung tablet's 7.0" WSVGA TFT LCD touchscreen provides playback of your videos. Use the Video Player app to view and manage videos stored on the tablet, on your computer (via Allshare), or online (via WiFi).
- YouTube: The YouTube app lets you discover, watch, & share originally-created videos on YouTube.
- Moviefone: With the Moviefone mobile app, you can browse a directory of movies, check the latest theater showtimes, find theater locations nearest to you, buy tickets in advance, view original movie content and news, and read movie reviews.
Note: Compatible video files include 3gp(mp4), avi(divx), wmv(asf), flv, mkv, webm Codec: HW - MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC-1, DivX/XviD SW - VP8, WMV7/8, DivX3.11, and Sorenson H.263.
Photo Apps: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 includes Photo playback and editing apps.
- Photo Gallery: The tablet's 7.0" WSVGA TFT LCD touchscreen provides a high-resolution display of your captured photos that are stored on the tablet, on your computer (via Allshare), or online (via WiFi). You can view your still-images by Album, Time, Location, Tag, or Size.
- Photo Editor: The Photo editor application provides basic editing functions for photos that you take on the tablet. Along with basic image tuning like brightness, contrast, and color, it also provides a wide variety of effects used for editing the photo. Images can also be rotated clockwise 90-degrees.You can even choose to crop a still-image.
Note: Compatible still-image files include JPEG, PNG, GIF, WBMP, BMP, and AGIF.
Books & Magazine Apps: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 gives you access to a diverse selection of books, magazines, and newspapers.
- Amazon Kindle: You can download Amazon books to read on the Samsung tablet device. Amazon Kindle offers access to over a million Kindle books.
- Google Books: Use the Books app to read eBooks from the web-based Google Books service. Google eBooks is a new way to discover, buy, and enjoy your favorite books online and offline. You can read books online or mark them for availability offline, so you can read them when you have no Internet connection (such as on an airplane). You can also use Books as your starting point for browsing or searching for books online.
- Next Issue: Next Issue offers enhanced editions of the world's most popular magazines, optimized for tablets.
News & Weather Apps: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 includes several News & Weather applications to keep you informed.
- Pulse: The preloaded Pulse application offers a visually stimulating way to catch up on news feeds and blogs.
- Yahoo Finance: Stay on top of the markets with the Yahoo Finance app for Android devices. Get real-time quotes, follow the market, or check out a particular stock. View headline news, top stories, and videos from Tech Ticker.
- AccuWeather: AccuWeather provides accurate and localized forecasts that are updated hourly.
Messaging Apps: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 supports Email, Gmail, Google Talk, & Contacts.
- Email: Use Email to view and manage all your email accounts in one application. You can compose, send & receive e-mail messages in the same format as used on computers. You can register multiple e-mail accounts. Your contacts list can be used to add the recipient address when composing a new e-mail message. You can also search or sort received e-mail messages.
- Gmail: The Gmail app gives you access to your Gmail account from the tablet. You can send and receive Gmail from your Google account.
- Google Talk: Talk is Google's instant messaging and audio/video chat service. You can use it to communicate, in real time, with other people who also use Google Talk on another Android tablet or phone or on a computer.
- Linked Contacts: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 can synchronize with multiple accounts, including Google, Corporate Exchange, and other email providers. When you synchronize contacts from these accounts with the Samsung tablet, you may have multiple contacts for one person. Linking (or joining) imported contact records allows you to see all the contact's numbers and addresses together in one contact entry. Linking also helps you keep your contacts updated, because any changes that your contacts make to their information in the respective accounts is automatically updated the next time you synchronize with the account.
Dropbox: Access up to 50GB of your favorite content with Dropbox, (free app for the first year). Your files are always available from the secure Dropbox website. Whether you want to show pictures from your latest vacation or get input on a presentation, you can share your folders through Dropbox so family, friends and co-workers can view and work on the same files.
Business & Office Apps: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 contains various Business and Office applications; such as Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, Virtual Private Network (VPN) Access, Polaris Office (provides a central place for managing your documents online or offline), Video Chat, Cisco WebEx, EAS IT Policy, HW Encryption, Sybase.
Account Synchronization: The Samsung tablet can synchronize with a variety of online web accounts (such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, Samsung, Email, etc.). With synchronization, information on the device is updated with any information that changes in your online accounts.
Note: You are required to sign up for a Google account to use services provided by Google, such as Gmail, calendar, & Android Market. Those services are provided free of charge. Using the Google account, you can sync apps, such as Gmail, Calendar, & Contacts, on the tablet device with those of their respective Google services.
Tools: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 includes various pre-load applications to assist you.
- Calendar: The tablet offers a Calendar to record events and appointments to help you manage your schedule.
- Dual Clock: Display the date & time for two different locations.
- Alarm: You can set alarms for reminders or for wake-up times.
- World Clock: The World Clock lets you view the date and time in any time zone around the world.
- Calculator: The calculator provides the basic arithmetic functions to solve simple arithmetic problems and advanced operators to solve more complex problems.
- Memo: The Memo app lets you create text memos a reminders.
- Pen Memo: This app lets you type memos or draw pictures.
Note: By default, the device receives date and time information from the wireless network. When you are outside network coverage, you may want to set date and time information manually using the Date & time settings.
Accessibility Services: Accessibility services are special features to make using the tablet easier for those with certain physical disabilities. You can download accessibility applications from the Android Market and manage their use here. TalkBack, when installed and enabled, is a speech synthesizer that speaks the labels or names of items as you navigate the tablet's user interface.
Dual Cameras: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is equipped with a rear-panel 3.0 megapixel camera with built-in flash and auto-focusing for shooting movies and photos. The built-in camera can record high-definition video in 720p resolution. There is also a front-panel VGA camera for video chat.
Camera Settings: The Samsung tablet offers various camera settings to configure the built-in camera for the best results.
- Camera Type: Front (self-portraits) or Rear camera
- Shooting Mode: Single shot, Smile shot, or Panorama
- Scene Mode: None, Landscape, Night, Sports, party/Indoor, or Beach/Snow
- Resolution: Photo (2048x1536, 2048x1104, 1600x1200, 1632x880, 1280x960, 1248x672) / Video (1280x720, 720x480, 640x480)
- Flash: Off, On, or Auto
- Exposure Value: Set brightness of the photo
- Focus Mode: Auto or Macro
- Timer: Off, 2, 5, or 10 seconds
- Effects: None, Negative, Black &White, or Sepia
- White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Incandescent, or Fluorescent
- Metering: Center-weighted, Spot, or Matrix
- Outdoor Visibility: Illuminates the screen to make it easier to see
- Guidelines: Enable or disable on-screen grid
- GPS: Enable or disable GPS location tagging
Built-In Speakerphone: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 features a built-in speakerphone so you can listen to your movies, games, & other apps directly from the tablet; as well as speak voice commands for certain voice-enabled apps.
Speech Recognition: Using the tablet's built-in speakerphone and Voice input feature, you can use your voice to enter text . The Samsung keyboard recognizes your speech and enters the text for you.
Headphone Output: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is fitted with a 3.5mm headphone jack to connect a set of headphones. The tablet's built-in speakers will be muted when a set of headphones are connected. Headphones are not included.
microSD Card Slot: The Samsung Galaxy tablet is equipped with a microSD memory card slot. The device supports removable microSD or microSDHC memory cards (up to 32GB), for storage of music, photos, videos, and other files. In order for the tablet to recognize a microSD/microSDHC memory card, the card must be formatted in the FAT file system.
Note: You can only store music files that you own (from a CD or purchased with the device) on a memory card.
Proprietary Samsung Connector: The Samsung Galaxy tablet is equipped with a proprietary Samsung connector. You can use this proprietary port to connect the tablet device to your computer via USB (using the included proprietary connector cable). Once you have connected the tablet to your computer, you can copy data from your computer to the tablet device (or vise-versa). The copied data can then be played back on the tablet device.
Rechargeable Battery: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 includes an integrated rechargeable Lithium-ion battery (4000mAh). The integrated Lithium-ion battery can be recharged using the supplied AC power adapter & proprietary cable, or simply plugging the proprietary cable into your computer's USB port.
Note: The battery comes partially charged. You must fully charge the battery before using the device for the first time. After the first charge, you can use the device while charging.
AC Power Supply: The Samsung tablet comes with an AC power adapter and charging cable to power the device & to charge the internal battery.
- Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz
- Output: 5V - 2.A
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.