Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Samsung Galaxy Camera™
16-megapixel digital camera with 21X optical zoom, Wi-Fi® and Android™ 4.1 (Black)
From Samsung: Galaxy Camera
Item # 305GC110K | MFR # EK-GC110ZKAXAR
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Samsung Galaxy Camera™ by Crutchfield's David Brown
A smarter camera, powered by Android
Seen from the front, the Samsung Galaxy Camera looks like a pretty standard point-and-shoot. But when you turn it around and see its massive 4.8-inch touchscreen display loaded with icons for Facebook, Gmail, YouTube, and other apps, you'll know this is far from an ordinary camera. By combining their photo expertise along with their knack for designing cool smartphones, Samsung has created a high-performance camera powered by the versatile Android Jelly Bean operating system. So not only is it easy to share photos, but you can also surf the web, check your email, update your Facebook page and do just about anything you can do on a smartphone. All you need is a Wi-Fi connection and a willingness to dive headfirst into this camera's countless options, for photos and more.
The Samsung Galaxy Camera features the Android 4.1 operating system, so you can download apps from the Google Play store.
Many ways to share photos
Thanks to the Galaxy Camera's built-in Wi-Fi, there are lots of ways to share photos with family and friends. You can email photos and upload directly to Facebook or other social network sites. Or you can send photos wirelessly to a DLNA-compatible TV, Blu-ray player, or computer using AllShare. It's a great way to back up photos or show them on the big screen when friends are over. And for those times when you're not on a Wi-Fi network, just let your friends view your photos on the Galaxy Camera's large, high-resolution display. It makes most camera displays look downright microscopic.
Yes, it's a real camera
Despite its wide range of features and possibilities, the Galaxy Camera was first and foremost designed to capture great-looking photographs. Don't mistake this for a camera stuck onto a smartphone as just another feature. The Galaxy's 16-megapixel sensor and host of shooting modes, both automatic and manual, will let you capture detail and color with a lot or a little help from the camera. The wide-angle lens zooms optically to 21X, for excellent versatility to shoot large group shots or long-range close-ups. Features like Best Face, panorama, and continous shooting adjust the camera's settings for taking simple portraits, wide landscapes, or capturing fast action.
The Galaxy Camera's built-in Wi-Fi offers lots of ways to share photos right from your camera.
GPS, voice commands, and your music, too
Lots of cool extras make the Galaxy Camera far from ordinary. On-board GPS records your location and tags your photos for tracking your travels. Voice commands let you tell your camera to zoom in, zoom out, and snap the photo without lifting a finger. There's even a built-in music player, with a speaker and headphone jack. And with 8GB of built-in memory, there's room to add apps from the Google Play™ store to make this camera an even more indispensible companion.
Camera has solid and quality feel. The controls are response and very intuitive. I am only sorry that you have to read the full manual online! It's a hassle and I would rather have a printed manual so I can make notes and take it with me.
What's in the Box:
- Digital camera (black)
- EB524759A Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.7V 1650mAh 6.11Wh)
- ETA0U60JBE Travel adapter
- 39" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and micro USB on other end)
- Wrist strap
- Quick Start Guide
- Quick Reference Guide
- Health & Safety and Warranty Guide
- 16-megapixel effective recording CMOS sensor
- 21X optical zoom lens
- 35mm equivalent lens focal length: 23-483mm
- 4.8" touchscreen display
- records photos and video onto optional microSD or microSDHC memory cards
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean platform allows you to download apps from Google Play, such as YouTube, Instagram, Gmail, and Facebook
- built-in Wi-Fi for easy wireless sharing of photos
- email photos and upload to social networking sites directly from the camera
- AllShare lets you wirelessly share photos with Samsung SmartTVs and other DLNA-compatible devices
- built-in GPS for tagging photos with location information
- optical image stabilization minimizes blur
- high-definition movie mode (up to 720p resolution)
- use voice commands to control key camera functions like zoom and shutter snap
- 4.8" touchscreen display for intuitive menu navigation and on-board photo and video editing
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, and manual exposure modes
- Best Face uses facial recognition and a rapid burst of photos to let you choose a subject's best facial expression for your photo
- 19 Smart shooting modes including Continuous Shot, Beauty Face, and Panorama
- built-in music player with external speaker and headphone minijack
- built-in web browser and email
- Bluetooth compatible
- 8GB internal memory
- built-in flash
Connections and Dimensions:
- HDMI output (cable not included)
- high-speed USB interface
- headphone minijack
- 5-1/16"W x 2-13/16"H x 3/4"D
- weight: 10.7 oz. (without battery and memory card)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- rechargeable lithium ion battery and AC charging station
- USB cable
Samsung Galaxy Camera™ Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||4.8"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||23-483mm|
|Internal Memory||8 GB|
|Highest Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|Video Resolution||1280 x 720|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||10.7|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Samsung Galaxy Camera (EK-GC110) combines high performance photography, Bluetooth and Wi-fi connectivity, and the Android 4.1 platform. The camera features a huge 4.8" HD touchscreen display for framing and viewing your shots, editing photos and videos, and navigating your way around the numerous apps that are available.
Recording Media: The Galaxy Camera is equipped with an 8 GB internal memory, plus a slot for a microSD or microSDHC memory card, up to 64 GB.
Image Sensor: The GC110 has a BSI CMOS image sensor with approximately 17.0 total megapixels and 16.3 effective megapixels.
Still Image Sizes: You can record still images in three different aspect ratios in the following sizes:
- 16M: 4608 x 3456 (4:3)
- 14M: 4608 x 3072 (3:2)
- 12M: 4608 x 2592 (16:9)
- 10M: 3648 x 2736 (4:3)
- 5M: 2592 x 1944 (4:3)
- 3M: 1984 x 1488 (4:3)
- 2M: 1920 x 1080 (16:9)
- 1M: 1024 x 768 (4:3)
Movie Sizes: The camera is compatible with the following video files: H.263, H.264, MPEG-4, VP8, VC-1, and WMV. You can record movies in seven sizes and different frame rates:
- 1920 x 1080 (30 fps)
- 1280 x 720 (60 fps)
- 1280 x 720 (30 fps)
- 768 x 512 (120 fps)
- 640 x 480 (60 fps)
- 640 x 480 (30 fps)
- 320 x 240 (30 fps)
Lens: The Galaxy Camera has a 21x Samsung zoom lens with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 23-483mm. The F2.8-5.9 lens gives you the following focusing options and ranges:
- Normal: 31.5" to infinity (W), 137.8" to infinity (T)
- Tele Macro: 3.94" to 31.5" (W), 59.6" to 137.8" (T)
- Tele Auto Macro: 3.94" to infinity (W), 59.6" to infinity (T)
- Tele Manual: 3.94" to infinity (W), 59.6" to infinity (T)
S Voice: The S Voice application lets you use your voice to perform operations that are normally done by hand. The camera will respond to voice commands such as "Record video" and "Zoom In" and many others.
Optical Image Stabilization (OIS): Optical Image Stabilization reduces the effect of camera shake and help you get a well-exposed image in dim conditions.
Shooting Modes: The Galaxy Camera lets you choose from three shooting modes:
- Auto: The Auto mode lets you take photos with the scene mode selected automatically by the camera.
- Smart: The Smart mode gives you a little more control, letting you choose from the following options: Beauty Face, Best Photo, Continuous Shot, Best Face, Landscape, Dawn, Snow, Macro, Food, Party/Indoor, Action Freeze, Rich Tone, Panorama, Waterfall, Silhouette, Sunset, Night, Fireworks, and Light Trace.
- Expert: The Expert mode lets you take photos with manual adjustments of ISO sensitivity, Exposure value, Aperture value, and Shutter speed. You can choose from Manual, Program, Shutter Priority, and Aperture Priority. You can also manually adjust camcorder settings (such as exposure value).
Flash: The pop-up flash lets you illuminate your subject in areas when there is insufficient light. It has a range of 1.64' to 12.47' (W) and 1.64' to 5.91' (T), and recharges in approximately 4 seconds. Flash modes include: Auto, Auto with Red-eye reduction, Fill-in Flash, Slow Sync, Red-eye Fix, and Flash Off.
White Balance: You can set the white balance manually or automatically to be sure the colors are accurate for the type of lighting you're shooting in. White Balance settings include Auto WB, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent (H), Fluorescent (L), Tungsten, and Custom.
GPS Tagging: The camera has a built-in GPS receiver that will receive location information from overhead Global Positioning Satellites and record them onto your still images and movies.
Gestures: The Galaxy Camera's Motion Settings menu lets you activate various gesture features to access time saving functions. Moving the camera left, right, up, or down, allows you to pan around a zoomed-in image or to move an icon from one page to another. Palm actions can also capture on-screen information to copy to a clipboard, or to pause a video file or mute an audio file. The Hand Motions must first be enabled in the Settings Menu.
Rechargeable Battery: The Galaxy Camera is powered by the EB524759A Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The battery is rated at 1650 mAh, and charges in approximately 4 hours with the supplied Travel Charger and USB cable. A fully charged battery will provide enough power for taking up to 350 pictures or up to 100 minutes of video. You can also play music for up to 21 hours or video up to 4 hours. When accessing the internet, the battery will power the camera for up to 5 hours via LTE or 6 hours via Wi-Fi.
Connections: The camera features the following connections:
- Micro HDMI: A micro HDMI port (Type D), located on the bottom of the camera, allows you to connect your camera to an HDTV or other device with HDMI. A micro HDMI-to-HDMI cable is required, but not included with the camera.
- USB 2.0: A proprietary USB 2.0 port is provided on the side of the camera. This port can be used with the supplied USB cable to connect your camera to your computer for uploading your pictures and videos. It is also used to connect the camera to the supplied Travel Charger to recharge the battery or operate the camera with ordinary household current.
- Headphone: The side-mounted 3.5mm output jack allows you to attach headphones.
Android Platform: The EK-GC110 Galaxy Camera provides a powerful user interface with the Android 4.1.2 Jellybean Operating System. The camera's 1.4 GHz, quad-core processor lets you share your photos and videos in multiple ways, as well as perform other functions. Through the Android platform, you have access to the Internet, and many of the popular Android applications, the Google Chrome app, social networks, Instagram, YouTube, and Gmail.
Wi-Fi: The camera can connect to Wi-Fi networks for photo sharing, as well as multiple other functions. In addition, Wi-Fi Direct allows device-to-device connections so you can transfer large amounts of data (including photos and videos) over a Wi-Fi connection.
AllShare Play: AllShare Play wirelessly synchronizes the Galaxy Camera with a Samsung Smart TV or other DLNA-compliant device for viewing photos, videos, streaming content, and sharing music.
Bluetooth: You can also connect wirelessly with other devices over short distances via Bluetooth. Devices such as headsets, hands-free car kits, and Bluetooth-enabled handheld devices, computers, printers, and wireless devices can communicate with the Galaxy Camera over distances of up to approximately 30 feet.
Available Applications: The Android platform provides a wide variety of functions and applications that can be performed on the Galaxy Camera:
- Multimedia: You can play music files, video files, and photos
from the various multimedia apps that are available:
- Music Player: play music files in MP3, WMA, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, 3GP, MP4, and M4A.
- Google Play Music: play music files that you have added or copied from your PC.
- Video Player: play video files stored on the microSD card
- Google Play Movies & TV: rent movies and television shows and watch them instantly or download for later viewing.
- Gallery: view and edit photos and play back videos
- Photo Wizard: provides basic editing functions for pictures taken on your Galaxy camera.
- Video Editor: edit videos taken with the camera
- Instagram: share photos with friends
- Google Play Books: find more than 3 million free e-books and hundreds of thousands more to buy in the eBookstore.
- Google Play Magazines: subscribe to your favorite magazines and have them available to read on your camera at any time or place.
- Messaging: You can send and receive different types of messages.
- Email: review and create email messages using various email services, including corporate email accounts.
- Gmail: send and receive messages through Gmail, Google's web-based email service.
- Google Talk: a free Windows and web-based application for instant messaging.
- Google +: makes messaging and sharing with friends easier.
- Messenger: bring groups of friends together into a simple group conversation.
- ChatON: for chatting with a device that has a mobile phone number
- YouTube: a video sharing website on which you can upload and share videos or watch other user-generated video content.
- Web Access: These applications give you access to the Internet:
- Chrome: The Google Chrome app allows you to use the Google Chrome web browser on your camera.
- Internet: a fully optimized web browser
- Downloads: manage all of your downloads from the Play Store and Browser
- Dropbox: provides your personal computer files via Dropbox
- Navigation: These applications include maps, points of interest
and voice-guided navigation:
- Local: uses Google Maps and your location to help you find restaurants, cafes, bars, and other attractions or locations
- Maps: view basic, custom, or satellite maps and local business information
- Navigation: an internet-connected GPS navigation system with voice guidance.
- Other Applications: Other applications are available on the
- Calculator: provides basic arithmetic functions
- Calendar: consult the calendar by day, week, or month, create events and set an alarm to act as a reminder.
- Clock: allows you to access alarms, view the World Clock, set a stopwatch, and use a timer.
- Contacts: manage your daily contacts by storing their name and number in your address book.
- Game Hub: access social and premium games and enjoy with friends.
- Paper Artist: provides access to an in-device graphics program.
- S Memo: write memos to yourself or others
- Weather: uses your current location to show the weather conditions
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.