Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Samsung GC200 Galaxy Camera 2
16-megapixel digital camera with 21X zoom and Wi-Fi® (Black)
Item # 305GC200K | MFR # EK-GC200ZKAXAR
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Samsung GC200 Galaxy Camera 2 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The touchscreen on the Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 makes it a snap to share the high-resolution images and videos you shoot.
Meet the smart camera
The Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 is designed to fit right in with your smartphone or tablet. It's a smart camera with a big 4.8" touchscreen, and you can load it with favorite apps like Facebook©, YouTube™, Dropbox and more. The Galaxy 2 runs on the Jellybean 4.3 platform, and it uses a 1.6GHz quad-core processor to speed up everything from shooting to processing photos. It's easy to share directly with friends via built-in Wi-Fi or NFC pairing. The upshot: you can shoot photos and post directly on social media without ever having to leave the camera screen.
So many ways to share
There's more than one way to share photos and video with the Galaxy Camera 2:
- Samsung Link wirelessly streams to your PC, Smart TV or any compatible smartphone.
- Story Album organizes photos into timelines, and reframes and resizes them to create digital photo books that you can display or distribute.
- PC Auto Backup wirelessly transfers and safely stores photos on your computer.
- Group Share automatically sends images to up to four people simultaneously.
- 2GB of free Dropbox web storage or 50GB if you have a GALAXY smartphone.
- No Wi-Fi hotspot required with Samsung Mobile Link; the wireless connection is enabled by NFC technology. Changes made on your phone will be saved to your camera, too.
With the technology to take great photos and so many ways to share them, you'll be everyone's favorite photographer in no time.
Pinch to zoom
The capacitive touchscreen on the Galaxy 2 is your gateway to precise zoom. Using the familiar "pinching" finger motion, you can instantly access the powerful 21X optical zoom built into the camera's long-range lens. The big screen shows you exactly what will be in your photograph, and the 16-megapixel CMOS sensor renders your image in sharp detail and lifelike color.
What's in the Box:
- Digital camera (black)
- BP2000 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.7V 2000mAh 7.4Wh)
- ETA0US1JBE AC adapter (DC output: 5V 1A)
- 20" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro USB on other end)
- Wrist strap
- User Manual
- Quick Reference Guide (English)
- Quick Reference Guide (Spanish)
- Quick Start Guide (English)
- Quick Start Guide (Spanish)
- 16.3-megapixel effective recording CMOS sensor
- 21X optical zoom lens
- 35mm equivalent lens focal length: 23-483mm
- 4.8" touchscreen display for intuitive menu navigation and on-board photo and video editing
- built-in Wi-Fi and NFC pairing for easy wireless sharing of photos
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean platform allows you to download popular apps such as YouTube, Instagram, Gmail, and Facebook
- speedy 1.6GHz quad-core processor
- upload to social networking sites directly from the camera
- high-definition movie mode (1920 x 1080)
- optical image stabilization minimizes blur
- records photos and video onto optional microSD or microSDHC memory cards
- built-in GPS with additional GLONASS coverage for tagging photos with precise location information
- use voice commands to control key camera functions like zoom and shutter snap
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, and manual exposure modes
- Best Face uses facial recognition and a rapid burst of photos to let you choose a subject's best facial expression for your photo
- 19 Smart shooting modes including Continuous Shot, Beauty Face, and Panorama
- built-in web browser
- Bluetooth compatible
- 8GB internal memory
- built-in flash
- high-speed USB interface
- 5-1/4"W x 2-13/16"H x 3/4"D
- weight: 9.9 oz.
- warranty: 2 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Samsung GC200 Galaxy Camera 2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||4.8"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||23-483mm|
|Internal Memory||8 GB|
|Sensor Size||1/2.3" BSI CMOS|
|Highest Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||10.1|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 (EK-GC200) combines high performance photography, Bluetooth and Wi-fi connectivity, and the Android 4.3 (Jellybean) platform. The camera features a huge 4.8" HD Super Clear touchscreen LCD display for framing and viewing your shots, editing photos and videos, and navigating your way around the numerous apps that are available.
Recording Media: The Galaxy Camera 2 is equipped with an 8 GB internal memory, plus a slot for a microSD (up to 2 GB), microSDHC (up to 32 GB), or microSDXC memory card (up to 64 GB).
Image Sensor: The GC200 has a 1/2.3" BSI CMOS image sensor with approximately 17.0 total megapixels and 16.3 effective megapixels.
Still Image Sizes: You can record still images in three different aspect ratios in the following sizes:
- 16M: 4608 x 3456 (4:3)
- 14M: 4608 x 3072 (3:2)
- 12M: 4608 x 2592 (16:9)
- 10M: 3648 x 2736 (4:3)
- 10M: 3960 x 2640 (3:2)
- 9.2M: 4096 x 2304 (16:9)
- 5M: 2592 x 1944 (4:3)
- 3M: 1984 x 1488 (4:3)
- 2M: 1920 x 1080 (16:9)
- 1M: 1024 x 768 (4:3)
Movie Sizes: The camera can record movies in the following sizes and frame rates:
- 1920 x 1080 (30 fps)
- 1280 x 720 (60 fps)
- 1280 x 720 (30 fps)
- 640 x 480 (60 fps)
- 640 x 480 (30 fps)
- 320 x 240 (30 fps)
- 768 x 512 (120 fps) Multi-motion
Lens: The Galaxy Camera 2 has a 21x Samsung zoom lens with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 23-483mm. The F2.8-5.9 lens gives you the following focusing options and ranges:
- Normal: 31" to infinity (W), 138" to infinity (T)
- Macro: 4" to 31" (W), 59" to 138" (T)
- Auto Macro: 4" to infinity (W), 59" to infinity (T)
S-Voice: The S-Voice application lets you use your voice to perform operations that are normally done by hand. The camera will respond to voice commands such as "Record video" and "Zoom In" and many others.
Optical Image Stabilization (OIS): Optical Image Stabilization reduces the effect of camera shake and help you get a well-exposed image in dim conditions.
Shooting Modes: The Galaxy Camera 2 lets you choose from four shooting mode categories:
- Auto: The Auto mode lets you take photos with the scene mode selected automatically by the camera.
- Smart: The Smart mode gives you a little more control, letting you choose from the following options: Beauty Face, Best Photo, Selfie Alarm, Continuous Shot, Best Face, Color Bracket, Kids Shot, Landscape, Dawn, Snow, Macro, Food, Party/Indoor, Action Freeze, Rich Tone, Panorama, Waterfall, Animated Photo, Drama, Eraser, Sound & Shot, Interval, Silhouette, Sunset, Night, Fireworks, Light Trace, and Smart Mode Suggest.
- Expert: The Expert mode lets you take photos with manual adjustments of ISO sensitivity, Exposure value, Aperture value, and Shutter speed. You can choose from Manual, Program, Shutter Priority, and Aperture Priority. A User Mode is provided to let you save a frequently used shooting mode.
- My Modes: You can register up to 10 favorite shooting modes and save them for easy selection.
Flash: The pop-up flash lets you illuminate your subject in areas when there is insufficient light. It has a range of 1.64' to 12.47' (W) and 1.64' to 5.91' (T), and recharges in approximately 4 seconds. Flash modes include: Auto, Auto with Red-eye reduction, Fill-in Flash, Slow Sync, Red-eye Fix, and Flash Off.
White Balance: You can set the white balance manually or automatically to be sure the colors are accurate for the type of lighting you're shooting in. White Balance settings include Auto WB, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent (H), Fluorescent (L), Tungsten, Custom Set, and Color Temperature.
GPS Tagging: The camera has a built-in GPS receiver that will receive location information from overhead Global Positioning Satellites and record them onto your still images and movies. You must avoid shooting in locations where the GPS signal may be obstructed, such as between tall buildings, in low-lying areas, or in poor weather conditions.
Rechargeable Battery: The Galaxy Camera 2 is powered by the BP2000 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The battery is rated at 2000 mAh, and charges in approximately 4 hours with the supplied Travel Charger and USB cable. A fully charged battery will provide enough power for taking up to 400 pictures or up to 125 minutes of video. You can also play music for up to 45 hours or video up to 5 hours. When accessing the internet, the battery will power the camera for 4.2 hours.
Connections: The camera features the following connections:
- Micro HDMI: A micro HDMI port (Type D), located on the bottom of the camera, allows you to connect your camera to an HDTV or other device with HDMI. A micro HDMI-to-HDMI cable is required, but not included with the camera.
- Micro USB (2.0): A Micro USB 2.0 port is provided on the side of the camera. This port can be used with the supplied USB cable to connect your camera to your computer for uploading your pictures and videos. It is also used to connect the camera to the supplied Travel Charger to recharge the battery or operate the camera with ordinary household current.
- Headphone: The side-mounted 3.5mm output jack allows you to attach headphones.
Android Platform: The EK-GC200 Galaxy Camera 2 provides a powerful user interface with the Android 4.3 Jellybean Operating System. The camera's 1.6 GHz, quad-core application processor lets you share your photos and videos in multiple ways, as well as perform other functions. Through the Android platform, you have access to the Internet, and many of the popular Android applications, search engines, and social networks, including Google, Google+, Google Chrome, Dropbox, YouTube, and Gmail.
Wi-Fi: The camera can connect to Wi-Fi networks for photo sharing and accessing the Internet, as well as multiple other functions. In addition, Wi-Fi Direct allows device-to-device connections (without requiring an access point) so you can transfer large amounts of data (including photos and videos) over a Wi-Fi connection.
NFC (Tag & Go): If you have an NFC-enabled Android smartphone, you can connect to the camera by placing the phone near the camera's NFC logo on the left side. This launches the Remote Shutter feature, and allows you to transfer files to the NFC-enabled device while viewing them. You'll need to install the Samsung Smart Camera app on your smart device to connect it in this manner.
Bluetooth: You can also connect wirelessly with other devices over short distances via Bluetooth. Devices such as headsets, hands-free car kits, and Bluetooth-enabled handheld devices, computers, printers, and wireless devices can communicate with the Galaxy Camera 2 over distances of up to approximately 30 feet.
Available Applications: The Android platform provides a wide variety of functions and applications that can be performed on the Galaxy Camera 2:
- Multimedia: You can play music files, video files, and photos from the various multimedia apps that are available: Gallery, Paper Artist, Video, Video Editor, Story Album, Xtremera, Music, and YouTube.
- Communication: You can send and receive different types of messages using the following: Contacts, Email, Google Mail, Hangouts, Google+, G+ Photos, and ChatON.
- Web & Network: These applications give you access to the Internet: Internet, Chrome, Bluetooth, Samsung Link, and Group Play.
- Application & Media Stores: Other applications are available on the Galaxy Camera 2, including: Play Store, Samsung Apps, Play Books, Play Movies, Play Music, Play Newsstand, and Play Games.
- Utilities: S Memo, S Planner, Dropbox, Cloud, Drive, Clock, Calculator, S Voice, Google, Voice Search, My Files, and Downloads.
- Travel & Local: Maps can be used to pinpoint the location of the device, search for places, and get directions.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
I don't see a listing for the specific SD card size limitation for this unit. However, we do have a 64GB card listed as an accessory, so it is safe to assume that it will work with those. [ Jeff May 16, 2014 ] Staff