3D-ready Blu-ray home theater system with built-in Wi-Fi®
Our take on the Samsung HT-D5500 by Crutchfield's Meredith Krebs
Friday nights just got more exciting
Samsung's compact HT-D5500 home theater system gives you loads of entertainment options for your living room. You can experience spectacular Blu-ray picture quality, in 3D or 2D, complete with the engaging surround sound of a five-speaker system. You can also watch movies and listen to music from popular online services like Netflix®, and PANDORA® Internet radio or play your favorite tunes from your iPod® or iPhone®.
Get the best picture and sound with Blu-ray
The receiver's built-in Blu-ray player delivers a stunning high-definition picture that'll look great on your HDTV. It'll also deliver exciting 3D pictures to a compatible TV when you play 3D Blu-ray discs. This system supports the newest surround sound formats, like Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD® Master Audio, for realistic wraparound sound to match the picture. And it has a built-in iPod dock, so you can enjoy easy access to your digital music collection.
Enjoy Netflix®, Blockbuster®, PANDORA®, and more
The 'D5500 lets you stream online movies and music right to your living room via a broadband Internet connection. Now you'll never run out of things to watch. To get started, just hook the receiver up to your existing home network with an Ethernet cable or use the built-in Wi-Fi®.
You'll be up and running after just a few simple connections. Plug the player/receiver into your TV with an HDMI cable, and connect the five speakers and subwoofer using the included speaker wire. With the 'D5500's advanced auto calibration, you don't need to be an A/V whiz to get great sound it helps you quickly and easily tailor the sound to your specific room and speaker arrangement.
- home theater system with 3D Blu-ray Disc player/receiver, 5 speakers, and a subwoofer
- Samsung Smart Blu-ray offers downloadable widgets and apps like Netflix, Blockbuster, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, PANDORA®, and more (subscription required for Netflix and Blockbuster service)
- built-in Wi-Fi for easy connection to your home network
- includes built-in iPod dock with audio, video, and iPhone support
- Samsung AllShare streams photos/videos/music from a compatible DLNA-enabled Windows® PC
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- plays 3D Blu-ray discs, standard Blu-ray discs, DVDs, CDs, MP3 CDs, and JPEG CDs
- selectable 480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p output via HDMI
- video upconversion for standard DVD playback
- 2D to 3D conversion
- built-in decoding for Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital TrueHD®, Dolby® Pro Logic® II, DTS®, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- 6-channel amplifier (165 watts x 4 for main and rear speakers, 170 watts x 2 for center speaker and subwoofer)
- Crystal Amp Pro technology improves sound quality
- automatic speaker calibration for easy setup
- USB port for connecting an optional thumb drive or hard drive
- Ethernet port
- audio inputs include stereo and optical digital
- video outputs include composite video, component video, and HDMI
- analog component video output resolution may be limited when viewing copy-protected discs
- receiver: 16-15/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 15-1/4"D
- front speakers: 3-9/16"W x 8-1/8"H x 2-11/16"D (each)
- center channel speaker: 14-3/16"W x 2-15/16"H x 2-11/16"D
- rear speakers: 3-9/16"W x 5-9/16"H x 2-11/16"D (each)
- subwoofer: 6-1/8"W x 13-7/8"H x 11-1/4"D
What's in the Box:
- Integrated Blu-ray disc/receiver (HT-D5500)
- Passive subwoofer (PS-DW0)
- 2 Front speakers (PS-DS3)
- 2 Surround speakers (PS-DS2)
- Center Speaker (PS-DC1)
- Remote control (AH59-02332A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- iPod dock
- Setup microphone (with attached 16.5' cable terminated by a minijack connector)
- Three 13' lengths of speaker wire (with a proprietary connector on one end and bare-tinned wire on other end)
- 10' length of speaker wire (with a proprietary connector on one end and bare-tinned wire on other end)
- Two 33' lengths of speaker wire (with a proprietary connector on one end and bare-tinned wire on other end)
- 10' Composite video cable
- FM wire antenna
- Cleaning cloth
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Contact Info
- Online Product Registration note
- Cleaning note
- Digital Television Transition Notice
System Overview: The Samsung HT-D5500 Blu-ray Home Theater System is a 5.1-channel home theater system with a built-in Blu-ray player, multichannel digital amplifier, and a 5.1ch speaker system. It also allows you to access your audio and video files from your PC, as well as access online audio/video content with Samsung Apps through your home network. In addition, it includes an external iPod dock for playback of your iPod/iPhone's music & movies. The Samsung HT-D5500 Blu-ray Home Theater System includes an integrated Blu-ray disc/receiver, 5.1-channel speaker system, iPod dock, and remote control.
Disc Compatibility: The Samsung HT-D5500's integrated Blu-ray disc/receiver is compatible with many disc types.
|Disc Type||Disc Description|
|Blu-ray||BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE|
|DVD||DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW|
|CD||CD-Audio, CD-R, CD-RW|
Blu-ray Disc Overview: Blu-ray Disc (BD) is a new high-definition disc format designed to take advantage of today's high quality HDTVs. The resolution is up to 1920 x 1080 (1080p) and the data transfer rate is up to 40 mbps. Blu-ray Discs and players offer several advantages over the standard DVD format:
- Better Picture Quality: Blu-ray Disc is a true high-definition format offering video at 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or 1080/24p resolution. While standard DVDs look very good on an HDTV, they don't provide a high-definition signal (not even when you use an up-converting DVD player). Blu-ray Disc delivers an extraordinarily sharp, clean, detailed picture, with deeper, richer colors.
- Better Sound Quality: In addition to the same multi-channel sound formats you're accustomed to with DVD (Dolby Digital and DTS), Blu-ray Disc offers Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, and uncompressed 5.1 channel PCM.
- Greater Storage Capacity: What makes Blu-ray Disc's superior picture and sound possible is the much higher storage capacity of Blu-ray Disc discs. A single-layer Blu-ray Disc can hold 25 gigabytes of data, over five times the amount a standard DVD can hold. Dual-layer Blu-ray Discs hold 50 gigabytes, which equates to nine hours of High Definition or 23 hours of Standard Definition video, plus high-resolution multi-channel audio and the added features and material that require multiple discs with standard DVD.
- Backward Compatible: To ensure backward-compatibility with your existing library of discs, Blu-ray Disc players use a dual-laser mechanism: a blue laser for playing high-definition Blu-ray Discs, and a conventional red laser for playing DVDs and audio CDs.
Note: As Blu-Ray technology continues to evolve, new disc types with enhanced functionality will become available. In order for you to enjoy this new functionality, you will likely be required to update the firmware in your player. These firmware updates will become available for downloading from the Internet.
DivX: The Samsung HT-D5500 supports DivX (v.3.11/4.x/5.1/6.0)playback from DVD-R/RW and CD-R/RW discs. The unit supports DivX video with a resolution up to 1920 x 1080 pixels.
JPEG Playback: The Samsung integrated Blu-ray disc/receiver supports playback of JPEG still image files recorded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-or RW. JPEG images can be displayed as a slide show. Individual still images can be zoomed (up to 4x) or rotated (clockwise/counter-clockwise).
MP3/WMA Playback: The HT-D5500 supports MP3 (up to 320 kbps) and WMA (5-384 kbps) audio file playback from CD-R/RW and DVD-R/RW discs. The player provides Playlist, Repeat (Track/All), and Shuffle playback functions for MP3/WMA audio files.
Parental Lock: The Parental Lock function works in conjunction with Blu-ray Disc/DVDs that have been assigned a rating which helps you control the types of Blu-ray Discs/DVDs that your family watches. There are up to 8 ratings levels on a disc. The rating levels are protected by a customer user 4-digit password.
Video Outputs: The Samsung HT-D5500 is equipped with High Definition video outputs (HDMI, Component) and one standard definition video output (composite).
- HDMI (ver.1.4): The unit's HDMI (ver.1.4) output simplifies A/V connections by carrying video and digital audio all in one cable. The HDMI (ver.1.4) output supports 1080p resolution, 3D video, Deep Color, HDMI-CEC, and ARC. The HDMI output resolution can be set to 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i or 1080p when playing a DVD or Blu-ray Disc, and also 1080/24p when playing a compatible BD.
- Component Video Output: The Samsung Blu-ray disc/receiver features a single component video output. When playing Blu-ray the resolution can be set to 480i, 480p, 720p, or 1080i; when playing DVD the resolution can be set to 480i or 480p.
- Composite Video Output: The Blu-ray disc/receiver also features a single composite video output. The composite video output resolution is always 480i when playing Blu-ray Disc or DVD.
Note: This unit is not equipped with any type of video inputs.
1080/24p: Movies are typically filmed at 24 frames per second and some Blu-ray Discs use the same frame rate. If your TV will accept a 1080/24p signal, the built-in Blu-ray player can pass the signal in its native form, without converting the video.
DVD Upscaling via HDMI: When connected to your TV using the HDMI output, the HT-D5500 scales the output of a standard DVD signal (480i) to 720p, 1080i, or 1080p. The unit also supports 480p and 480i output if your television is not HD-compatible.
Full HD 3D: The Samsung HT-D5500 supports 3D playback of high-definition 3D Blu-ray discs when connected to a 3D-Ready HDTV via HDMI, along with wearing a pair 3D vision glasses. You can select from three 3D modes to suit your viewing needs.
- Auto: You can choose whether to watch a 3D Blu-ray disc in 3D or 2D mode before playing a 3D Blu-ray disc. It is automatically played in 2D mode if your TV cannot support 3D contents.
- 3D: The 3D Blu-ray disc is played in 3D mode at all times. The original video signal of the 3D image is displayed without any conversion. If a TV cannot support 3D Blu-ray discs, the playing screen will be black.
- 2D: The 3D Blu-ray disc is played in 2D mode at all times. Choose this to view a picture without 3D effects or when a TV cannot support 3D Blu-ray discs.
- 2D-to-3D: When you play 2D video content, you can convert 2D into 3D video. Two-dimensional 1080p video content output as 1080p 3D. All other 2D video signals are output at 720p 3D.
Screen Size: You can enter the actual screen size (up to 116") of your TV, so that the player can adjust the image according to the screen size and display an optimal 3D image.
TV Aspect: You can adjust the video output of the HT-D5500 to match the screen-type of your television. You can choose from 4:3 Letter-Box, 4:3 Pan-Scan, 16:9 Wide, and 16:9 Normal.
Picture Settings: This function enables you to adjust video quality when the player is connected to your TV.
- Normal: Suitable for most viewing applications.
- Movie: Suitable for watching movies.
- Dynamic: Increases sharpness.
- User: Lets you adjust the sharpness and noise reduction function manually.
AV Sync: Video may look slower than the audio if it is connected to a digital TV. If this occurs, you can adjust the audio delay time to match the video. You can adjust the AV Sync from 0 to 300ms (in 10ms increments).
Deep Color: Deep Color allows more accurate color reproduction with deep color depth. The HT-D5500 must be connected to a Deep Color compatible TV via HDMI for this feature to function.
Progressive Mode: The Samsung integrated AV receiver/Blu-ray player provides a Progressive mode to improve picture quality when viewing a DVD movie.
BD Wise: BD Wise is Samsung's latest inter-connectivity feature. When you connect Samsung products with BD-Wise to each other via HDMI, the optimum resolution will be set automatically.
Bonus View: The Bonus View feature provides picture-in-picture capability with select Blu-ray Disc titles. You can view addition content (such as director/actor commentary) in a small display window while the movie is playing.
5.1 ChannelAmplifier: The Integrated Blu-ray Disc/receiver is equipped with a 5.1 channel amplifier which delivers 165-watts per channel to the front & rear speakers, and 170-watts per channel to the center-channel & subwoofer speaker.
Crystal Amp Plus: Samsung's Crystal Amplifier Plus filters sound distortion and noise to provide sound quality like that of a professional hi-fi audio system. The Crystal Amplifier is engineered with Noise Compensation technology to eliminate distracting distortion by quickly sensing signal changes and enhancing response speed. Resulting in audio that's rich, realistic, and accurate.
Musical Room Calibration (MRC): Musical Room Calibration makes sure you're hearing optimal sound by automatically configuring the speakers and subwoofer. Simply plug the included MRC microphone into the receiver's front-panel mic input, place microphone next to your favorite viewing spot, and activate the MRC function in the unit's menu. The Musical Room Calibration function will automatically recognize the distance between speakers, levels between channels, and frequency characteristics to create a 5.1-channel soundfield optimized for your environment.
Note: You can also choose to set the system's speaker settings manually.
User EQ: You can configure the speaker system's equalizer settings manually to your preference. The HT-D5500 features a 7-band EQ (250Hz, 600Hz, 1kHz, 3kHz, 6kHz, 10khz, 15kHz) that can adjusted from -6 dB to +6dB.
Surround Modes: The Samsung HT-D5500 can decode Dolby Digital, DTS, and Dolby Pro Logic II surround formats; along with DSP sound field effects. The Samsung HT-D5500 supports the following surround formats.
|Dolby Pro Logic||II||Dolby Pro Logic II provides discrete 5.1 channels out of 2 channel or multi-channel sources. You choose from Music, Movie, Pro Logic, Matrix, or Stereo mode.|
|Dolby Digital||DD||Dolby Digital is a 5.1 multi-channel digital surround format which consists of front (left/right), center, surround (left/right) and sub-woofer channels.|
|Plus||Dolby Digital Plus is the next-generation audio technology for all high-definition programming and media.|
|TrueHD||Dolby True-HD is Dolby's next-generation of lossless technology developed for high-definition disc-based media.|
|DTS||DTS||DTS provides a discrete 5.1 CH digital audio signal for both music and movie contents and uses less compression than Dolby Digital for richer sound.|
|HD||DTS-HD Audio provides the high quality multi-channel sound possible. It delivers sound quality that matches the clear and vivid images of high-definition video.|
|96/24||DTS 96/24 encodes standard 16-bit/44.1 kHz sound to 24-bit/96 kHz and applies it to a 5.1ch soundtrack.|
|SFE (Sound Field Effect)||The Samsung HT-D5500 utilizes a 32-bit audio digital signal processor to provide soundfield effect modes with more realistic surround sound from normal stereo audio sources. You can choose from Symphony Hall, Philharmonic Hall, Jazz Club, Church, Amphitheater (Rock), or Off.|
Note: 7.1 channel surround formats will be downmixed to 5.1-channels since this system has no surround back speakers.
Virtual 7.1: This feature applies a 7.1ch virtual surround sound effect using this 5.1ch speaker system.
3D Sound: You can enjoy more natural and vivid surround sound with enriched tones by adjusting the depth of sound.
MP3 Enhancer: The MP3 Enhancer provides a better listening experience from low-quality MP3 compressed audio. You can upscale your MP3 level sound (24kHz/8-bit) to CD level sound (44.1kHz/16-bit)
Power Bass: This function stresses low tones providing extremely low-bass sound effects.
Smart Sound: Smart Sound regulates and stabilizes the volume level against a drastic volume change when changing channels or during a scene transition.
DRC: You can use the DRC (Dynamic Range Compression) function to enjoy Dolby Digital sound when watching movies at low volume during the night. DRC compresses the audio to make the loudest sounds quieter and the quietest sounds louder.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
Audio Connections: The Samsung HT-D5500 features both analog (stereo RCA) and digital (optical) audio inputs.
- Digital Input: The unit equipped with one optical digital input for connecting the audio of your Cable/Satellite receiver box.
- Analog Input: The unit features one stereo analog audio input for connecting an external audio source.
FM Tuner: The Samsung BD receiver features a built-in FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 15 FM preset stations.
Note: This receiver does not feature an AM tuner.
Network Connection: You can set up the Samsung HT-D5500 so that it can access your home network and online Samsung Apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wired (RJ-45 Ethernet) or built-in WiFi. You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods - PBC (WPS), Auto Network Search, One Foot, or Manually.
Note: The unit supports IEEE 802.11A/B/G/N wireless LAN networks and WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) network security.
Smart Hub: Once you have connected the HT-D5500 to your home network, you can start using Samsung's Smart Hub interactive menu system. With Smart Hub, you can stream audio/video content from select Internet sites, access various pay or free-of-charge applications, and view them on your TV. Application content includes news, sports, weather forecasts, stock market quotes, maps, photos, and games. The Smart Hub offers the following on-screen menu functions.
- Commercial: Displays the Smart Hub Guide - an introduction to the player and new application introductions.
- Your Video: Provides recommendations for on-line movies based on your tastes. Once you have selected a movie from the recommendation list, you can select which VOD (video-on-demand) provider to use.
- Search: Provides an integrated search for your video providers and connected All Share devices.
- Samsung Apps: You can download various for play or free-of-charge application services.
- Recommended: Displays recommended contents and apps managed by Samsung.
- My Applications: Display your personal gallery of applications which you can add to, modify, and delete.
Note: You must setup a user name and password to activate Smart Hub.
Samsung Apps: Samsung Apps lets you download for pay or free-of-charge applications and services to the integrate AV receiver/Blu-ray player and view or use them on your connected TV. You can enjoy a variety of content from various downloaded applications - such as videos, music, photos, games, and news. Samsung Apps has a growing collection of pay and free-of-charge online applications that connect you to some of your favorite online content - such as movies from Netflix or Blockbuster, TV shows from Hulu Plus, videos from YouTube, Next Level sports information from ESPN, music from Pandora, and social updates from Facebook or Twitter. Once connected to your home network, you can visit the online Samsung Apps store from the TV's Smart Hub menu and download free Apps or purchase advanced applications. The following App categories are available.
- What's New: Displays newly registered applications.
- Video: Displays apps that provide video media - such as movies, TV shows, and short length videos. You can access Netflix, HuluPlus, Blockbuster, Vudu, YouTube, etc..
- Game: Displays various game apps - such as Monopoly, Sudoku, and Chess.
- Sports: Displays apps that provide sports content - such as game results, images, and highlights. You can access ESPN, Associated Press, and USA Today.
- Lifestyle: Includes apps that provide lifestyle media services - such as music (Pandora/Napster/vTuner), personal photo management tools (Picasa), and social networking - like Facebook and Twitter.
- Information: Includes apps that provide information content - such as news, financial information, stock quotes, and weather.
- Other: Includes other miscellaneous apps.
- My Account: Displays the application list and your cyber cash balance.
- Help: For questions about Samsung Apps.
Note: Smart Apps require an Internet connection with a speed of 1.5mbps or greater. Some application services may be provided in English only and the content available may vary, depending on your area.
AllShare/DLNA Certified: The Samsung HT-D5500's AllShare function, along with its DLNA Certification allow you to watch videos (DivX), photos (JPEG), and listen to music (MP3) saved on your Windows PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through your home entertainment system via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi. This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
Note: Windows PCs with XP and Vista installed require Samsung's PC Share Manager software, which can be downloaded for free at www.samsung.com. Not compatible with older Windows OS versions and Mac.
BD-Live: BD-Live technology allows you to download and stream bonus content such as additional scenes, shorts, trailers, movie-based games, and more from a broadband internet and home network connections (fees may apply). The HT-D5500 features an Ethernet port and built-in WiFi to connect to the internet via your home network, and features USB (type-A) port for additional storage.
Note: You must have a minimum 1GB USB memory device inserted in the unit's USB slot in order to download content from BD-Live.
Software Upgrades: The Software Upgrade menu allows you to upgrade the product's software for performance improvements or additional services. You can upgrade in four ways: by Internet, USB, Disc, or Download. Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest firmware/software updates.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Samsung HT-D5500 features a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows playback of MP3 (up to 320 kbps)/WMA (5-384 kbps) audio files, JPEG still image files, and DivX (up to 1920 x 1080) video files stored on a USB storage device. Your USB device must be formatted in FAT16, FAT32, or NTFS. The USB port also allows you to perform software upgrades using a USB flash drive. In addition, it can be used to add more local storage for BD-Live content
Note: A USB device consuming more than 500mA requires a separate power supply device for normal operation.
iPod/iPhone Dock: The Samsung HT-D5500 comes with an external iPod/iPhone dock which allows you to listen to audio and watch video from select iPods/iPhones through the integrated AV receiver/Blu-ray player and a connected HDTV. To playback video, you must make a composite video connection between this unit and your TV. The included iPod/iPhone dock provides audio/video playback from the AV receiver, track number, and playback time displayed on the receiver's front-panel, basic control via the included remote (Play/Pause, Stop, Previous/Next), and charging of your connected iPod or iPhone. The included dock and AV receiver are "Made for iPod/iPhone compatible" and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (August 2011).
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video Out||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
| clickwheel |
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the receiver and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until a newer software update is available.
5 Speakers + Passive Subwoofer: The Samsung HT-D5500 Blu-ray Home Theater System includes 4 matching satellite speakers for the front & rear channels, a center-channel speaker, and a 5.25" passive subwoofer.
Front Satellite Speakers: The front satellite speakers feature a 2.75" woofer and a 0.75" tweeter inside a bass-reflex, gloss-black enclosure with two rear-firing ports (the speakers have no grilles). The front satellite speakers are designed to be mounted vertically at the front of your room on either side of your television. The front satellite speakers can be placed on a shelf or optional speaker stands. Each satellite speaker also features a key-hole slot which allows you to mount the speakers on a wall. The satellite speakers feature spring-clip terminals to attach the included speaker wire.
Center Channel Speaker: The center-channel speaker features two 2" woofers and one 0.75" tweeter inside a bass-reflex, gloss-black enclosure with two rear-firing ports (the speaker has no grille). The center-channel speaker is designed to be mounted horizontally under or over your TV. The center-channel speaker can be placed on a table-top or shelf. The center-channel speaker also features two key-hole slots which allow you to mount the speaker on a wall. The center-channel speaker features spring-clip terminals to attach the included speaker wire.
Rear Satellite Speakers: The rear satellite speakers feature a 2.75" full-range driver inside a bass-reflex, gloss-black enclosure with two rear-firing ports (the speakers have no grilles). The rear satellite speakers are designed to be mounted vertically at the rear of your room on either side of your listening position. The rear satellite speakers can be placed on a shelf or optional speaker stands. Each satellite speaker also features a key-hole slot which allows you to mount the speakers on a wall. The satellite speakers feature spring-clip terminals to attach the included speaker wire.
Passive Subwoofer: The passive subwoofer features a side-firing 5.25' woofer inside a bass-reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port. The passive subwoofer features a vinyl-wrapped black cabinet with a non-removable cloth grille. The passive subwoofer features spring-clip terminals on the rear-panel to attach the included speaker wire. The subwoofer crossover is fixed inside the system's AV receiver.
Speaker Terminals: The Samsung integrated Blu-ray disc/receiver features color-code 2-prong proprietary connectors for all speaker output connections (Front, Center, Surround, and Subwoofer). In addition, the HT-D5500 includes color-coded speaker wire for simple connection of the system.
Optional Wireless Receiver Module: To connect the system's surround speaker wirelessly, you can purchase the Samsung wireless receiver module and TX card (SWA-5000, sold separately).
IR Remote: The Samsung HT-D5500 includes an IR remote control which allows you to operate all the functions of the home theater system and is pre-programmed to operate Samsung TVs. The remote can also be programmed to operate other manufacture's TVs. The remote includes Glow-in-the-Dark playback functions. The remote control can be used up to approximately 23 feet in a straight line. It can also be operated at a horizontal angle of up to 30-degrees from the unit's front-panel remote control sensor.
Note: This remote control has Braille points on the Power, Channel, and Volume buttons for the visually impaired.
Anynet+: Anynet+ is an AV network system that enables compatible Samsung components connected by HDMI cables to transfer command codes along with video and audio signals.
Note: Anynet+ supports up to 12 A/V devices in total. You can only connect up to 3 devices of the same type.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.