Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Samsung HW-H600 SoundStand
Powered home theater sound system/TV platform with Bluetooth®
Watch a product review
Item # 305HWH600 | MFR # HW-H600
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Samsung HW-H600 SoundStand by Crutchfield's David Brown
Raise your TV's audio performance
Samsung is always devising new ways to fit great sound into your life. Their innovative HW-H600 SoundStand is a slim sound system and platform for your TV. Similar to a sound bar, it features six built-in speakers — each with their own amplifier — that transform your TV's sound from thin and weak to robust and powerful. Unlike a sound bar, you don't have to make room in front of your TV or mount it on the wall. This sturdy system fits under your TV, supporting most sets with screen sizes up to 60 inches. The attractive, slim design is a nice contrast from larger platform-style speakers.
Samsung's HW-H600 fits under your TV while delivering clear, robust sound from a slim all-in-one speaker system.
Clear sound, all around
You'll enjoy movies and TV shows much more when you hear them the way they're supposed to sound. The HW-H600's built-in speakers deliver crisp high-frequency detail, clear midrange that makes dialogue stand out, and deep bass response to give sound effects impact. Select from listening modes to optimize your sound for different programs, such as sports, music, and movies. Samsung's Crystal Sound Pro uses digital signal processing to filter out distortion and noise to ensure clean sound. Surround sound expansion makes sure that sound is delivered across a wide soundstage, so there's more than just one "best seat in the house."
Bluetooth on board for more than just music
Keep your smartphone around when you're near this sound bar. It's got Bluetooth onboard, so you can wirelessly stream music from your device to the bar for rich, full-range sound that fills your room. You can even turn on the sound bar with your Bluetooth-compatible device by simply pairing them. If you have a Bluetooth-compatible Samsung TV, you can connect the HW-H600 to it wirelessly, giving you a little more setup flexibility. That's a lot more Bluetooth functionality than we're used to seeing in sound bars or most other home audio components.
Play music from a USB thumb drive
The HW-H600 SoundStand has another cool feature not found on many sound bars: a USB port. You can load up a thumb drive with your favorite digital music, pop it in the rear-panel port, and let the music play. In addition to lossy files like MP3, the 'H600 also plays WAV and lossless FLAC files.
Connected without fuss to my Samsung Smart TV. Crisp, clear sound. Plenty of volume when needed. Only complaint is it will not sync with TV remote when power is turned on. Has to be turned on with remote provided with the unit. It will power off with TV remote.
TommyB, Anderson, SC
What's in the Box:
- Active soundbar base speaker
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 58" DC cord)
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (AH59-02615A)
- CR2032 3V battery
- 7" USB extension cable
- 59" Stereo minijack cable
- 4 Rubber feet
- User Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- slim-profile platform fits under your TV
- supports most TVs with screen sizes up to 60 inches and weighing up to 77 pounds
- 6 built-in speakers (2 tweeters, 2 midrange woofers, 2 low-frequency woofers) with discrete amplification for detailed, powerful sound
- total system power: 80 watts
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- SoundConnect feature lets you wirelessly connect your compatible Samsung HDTV to your sound bar via Bluetooth
- 5 listening modes: Music, Voice, Sports, Cinema, and Standard
- surround sound expansion widens the soundfield for balanced sound across more seating positions
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding
- USB port lets you play digital music files from a thumb drive
- Samsung's Crystal Sound Pro digital signal processing filters out distortion and noise for clearer sound
- 3D video pass-through via HDMI
- HDMI in/out with Audio Return Channel for single cable connection to your TV
- Anynet (HDMI-CEC) function lets you control sound bar with your Samsung TV's remote
- optical digital audio input
- 3.5mm minijack input (miniplug-to-miniplug cable included)
- remote control
- 28-7/8"W x 1-7/16"H x 15"D
- weight: 11 pounds
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Samsung HW-H600 SoundStand Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||1|
|Surround Sound Decoding||No|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Audio Return Channel||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||No|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||80|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||---|
|Sound Bar (inches)||1-7/16H x 28-7/8W x 15D|
|Sound Bar Weight||11 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||No Subwoofer|
SoundStand: The Samsung SoundStand speaker system has been carefully crafted to complement your Samsung or other manufacturer's flat-panel LCD, LED-LCD, or Plasma television. Your TV's pedestal base simply rests on top of the SoundStand. Its elegant low-profile design matches a range of TV sizes from 32" to 60" (up to 77 lbs). At only 1.5" tall, its super-thin profile makes a discreet addition to your home entertainment setup. The SoundStand emits multi-directional sound with a vertical surround sound effect to deliver clear, life-like tones straight to you.
Note: The size of your TV's stand must be smaller than the 28.875" (w) x 13.0" (d).
Multi-Driver System: The Samsung SoundStand features six built-in speakers; two high-frequency tweeters, two midrange woofers, and two low-frequency woofers.
Discrete Amplification (80 watts total): Equipped with advanced audio technology, the Samsung SoundStand offers exceptionally balanced sound. Unlike most sound systems, it uses separate amplifiers to process high, mid and low frequencies, as opposed to using only one amplifier. This results in frequencies that are better tuned, so you can enjoy much more accurate audio across the entire spectrum of sound. The SoundStand speaker system has a total system power of 80-wattts.
Surround Sound Expansion: The Surround Sound Expansion (powered by Sonic Emotion) feature adds depth and spaciousness to your listening experience. Surround.Sound Modes: You can select different sound modes - Cinema / Sports / Voice / Music / Standard (off) - depending on the type of content you want to enjoy.
Audio Sync: AV Sync can be used to help sync video to audio when connected to a digital HDTV. Video may look slower than the audio if it is connected to a digital TV. If this occurs, you can use the Audio Sync feature to adjust the audio delay time to match the video.
Woofer Level: You can adjust the the SoundStand's bass-woofer level independently from the system's main volume
HDMI 1.4 Input/Output (+ ARC): The Samsung SoundBase speaker ystem is fitted with an HDMI 1.4 input and HDMI 1.4 output. HDMI transmits video and audio signals simultaneously for a simpler connection, and provides a clearer picture and better sound. The unit's HDMI input and output support up to 1080p video and 7.1ch audio. The unit's HDMI output also supports the ARC function. This allows you to connect your Blu-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box directly to the system's HDMI input and connect the system's HDMI output to your television for audio from the SoundBase or your TV. Your TV must also be ARC compatible.
Bluetooth Technology: The Samsung SoundShare speaker system features built-in Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming and Samsung's new Sound Share TV connection.
- Bluetooth A2DP: You can wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or MP3 player to the Samsung SoundShare and enjoy music with high quality stereo sound, all without wires. The SoundShare does not control your Bluetooth-enabled device; you will continue to control your music from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or MP3 player. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Samsung SoundShare.
- Sound Connect: You can simplify the installation of the Sound Connect by eliminating the need for a wired connection between a Bluetooth-enabled Samsung TV and the soundbar speaker base. Simply plug the Sound Connect system into AC power and follow the simple pairing instructions to wirelessly connect the AudioBar to select Bluetooth-enabled Samsung TVs. Sound Connect is only available for select Samsung 3D TVs - 2013 LED Series 6400 or higher and PDP Series 5500 or higher; 2012 LED Series 6500 or higher and PDP Series 550 or higher.
Analog + Digital Inputs: The Samsung SoundBase speaker ystem features both analog (3.5mm) and digital (optical) audio inputs.
- Optical Digital Input: The Samsung SoundBase is equipped with an optical (toslink) digital input to connect your television, Blu-ray/DVD player, or satellite/cable box.
- AUX Input: The SoundBase features a stereo audio minijack (3.5mm) input to connect your analog television or other analog audio component.
USB Port: You can connect and play music files from external USB mass storage class devices (such as smartphones, MP3 players or USB thumbrives) using the speaker system's rear-panel USB (type-A) port and included USB extension cable. The SoundBase supports USB devices formatted in FAT16/32 with MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, or OGG music files. You can control basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Fast-Forward/Backward, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. The system will also charge (5V/0.5A) your connected USB device.
Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Samsung SoundBase speaker system.
Anynet+: Anynet+ is a convenient feature that offers linked operation with other Samsung components that have the Anynet+ feature, and lets you control those products with one Samsung remote control. To operate this function, you must connect Samsung SoundBase to an Anynet+ Samsung TV using an HDMI cable.
Auto Power Off: If a TV or any device connected to the Samsung SoundBase is off and there is no audio signal, the speaker system will turn off after 20 minutes.
Software Upgrades: Samsung may offer upgrades for the system's firmware in the future. Upgrades will be possible by downloading firmware upgrades to a USB thumbdrive and connecting the thumbdrive to the speaker system's USB port.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Jeff Feb 26, 2015 ] Staff
We have it in our bedroom. So I can't say we have pushed it much. I do know that it has more bass then you would expect. And I was very pleased with it. Lance [ LANCE Aug 18, 2014 ]
It definitely makes a difference over the tinny sound of flat screen tvs. If your room is small it is more effective. Mine is in my bedroom(15 x13). But do not expect furniture rattling bass. [ Marc Aug 17, 2014 ]