Powered sound bar with 4K video pass-through, Game Mode, and Bluetooth®
Samsung HW-N650 - Upgrade to full surround by adding Samsung's optional SWA-8500S wireless rear speaker kit
Item # 305HWN650 | MFR # HW-N650/ZA
Instant Savings: -$80.00
$419.99 Earn up to 420 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Samsung HW-N650 by Crutchfield's Emily S.
Finally — a sound bar for gamers
Samsung's new HW-N650 ticks a lot of sound bar boxes. It has a wireless sub for boomin' bass and a dedicated center channel for clearer dialogue. It's also compatible with Samsung's SWA-8500S wireless rear speaker kit so you can upgrade to full surround sound. But let's be honest here — this thing was really designed with console gamers in mind.
The dedicated game mode optimizes the system's equalizer for the particular game you're playing. And the HW-N650 turns on that setting automatically when your PS4 or Xbox One connects to a compatible Samsung TV.
But the most fascinating feature to me is the way Samsung's Acoustic Beam technology directs sound according to the action on the screen. Accurate tracking of individual sound elements means an enhanced experience whether you're losing yourself in the latest action flick or trying to avoid gunfire in a game.
The sleek cabinet contains a tube-shaped sound port that's studded with more than 50 holes and flanked by inward-facing tweeters.
But how does it work?
If you take a good look at the top of the cabinet, you'll see a long tube running the length of the sound bar. That's actually a flute-like sound port tucked between a pair of tweeters that fire inward. The sound is then pushed out through the tube's "hole array" to create "highly directional acoustic beams." What that means for you is a soundstage that's both precise and panoramic for incredibly immersive experience, whether you're gaming or watching a movie.
More must-have features
The HW-N650 has 4K pass-through so you can get rich sound and 4K picture quality with simple HDMI connections — one from your 4K video source to your sound bar and then one from your sound bar to your TV.
It's also a powerful Bluetooth speaker so you'll be able to wirelessly stream your favorite tunes from compatible devices directly to the sound bar. There's a USB port so you can play music — including FLAC and WAV files — straight from a thumb drive, as well.
- slim sound bar fits below most TVs on a stand
- eight built-in drivers
- 30 watts x 6
- 10 watts x 2
- dedicated center channel for clear dialogue
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- connects wirelessly to compatible Samsung TVs via Bluetooth
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding
- add optional Samsung SWA-8500S wireless speaker kit for full surround sound
- 3 listening modes: standard, surround, and game
- 43-5/16"W x 2-5/16"H x 4"D
- weight: 7.94 lbs.
- 160 watts RMS
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure delivers powerful bass response
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 8-5/16"W x 15-3/16"H x 12"D
- weight: 14.55 lbs.
Connections and General Info:
- HDMI in/out with Audio Return Channel
- 3D and 4K video pass-through via HDMI
- optical digital audio input
- minijack analog input
- USB port lets you play digital music files from a thumb drive
- bracket and hardware included for mounting bar to a wall
- Anynet (HDMI-CEC) function lets you control sound bar with your Samsung TV's remote
- remote control with subwoofer level control
- total system power: 360 watts
- system frequency response 42-20,000 Hz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Enclosure||Sealed (bar), Ported (sub|
|Pieces in System||2|
|Surround Sound Decoding||No|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Audio Return Channel||Yes|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||---|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||---|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||---|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||---|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||---|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||---|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||---|
|Sound Bar (inches)||2-3/8H x 43-5/16W x 4D|
|Sound Bar Weight||7.94 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||15-3/16H x 8-5/16W x 12D|
|Subwoofer Weight||14.55 lbs|
Frequently Compared With
Powered sound bar with 4K video pass-through, Game Mode, and Bluetooth®$419.99$80.00 Instant Savings$499.99
Powered 3.1-channel sound bar with wireless subwoofer and Bluetooth®$399.99
Polk Audio SurroundBar® 9500BT
Powered home theater sound bar with wireless subwoofer and Bluetooth®
JBL Bar 5.1
Powered home theater sound bar with wireless subwoofer and true wireless surround speakers