Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Samsung NX1000 with 2.5X Zoom Lens
20.3-megapixel hybrid camera with 20-50mm 2.5X zoom lens and Wi-Fi® (Black)
Item # 305NX1000K | MFR # EV-NX1000BABUS
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Samsung NX1000 with 2.5X Zoom Lensby Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
Pocket-friendly, yet connected
What do you get when you combine Wi-Fi® features like remote monitoring and control, the ability to host a bevy of versatile lenses, and the ability to fit in a windbreaker pocket? It has to be the Samsung NX1000 hybrid camera. Thoughtfully engineered to give you help when you need it (and manual control when you don't), the NX1000 also gives you the ability to upload your shots to friends, family, and social networks with the push of one, clearly labeled "Smart Link" button.
This lens family sees opportunities
This camera comes with a versatile and reliable 20-50mm 2.5X zoom lens with Samsung's "i-Function" mode, which enables you to access many manual and automatic settings directly from the lens — often with a simple twist. It's perfect for day-to-day shooting opportunities. But should you wish to explore a few more creative options, a selection of optional "pancake" style lenses makes it possible to change this camera's artistic profile while still keeping it (and your other lenses) in a coat pocket. And when you want a lens with a bit more reach or specialized skills, a number of meticulously designed standard size ones are available for the NX1000 as well. Most of Samsung's NX-compatible lenses feature the same handy i-Function technology.
Share your vision with the world
The NX1000's built-in Wi-Fi hooks up with your compatible smartphone, tablet, or PC in seconds with an available free downloadable app. And when you press the dedicated Direct Link key on the top of the camera, you can easily and quickly upload files to social or sharing online communities — or back them up in the cloud — directly from the camera. You can even instruct your camera to back up to your computer wirelessly when you're on your computer's network.
The NX1000's Smart Auto 2.0 mode automatically analyzes the shooting environment, and then chooses the appropriate choice from 16 photo modes and 4 movie modes to capture the best shot. And when you get a feel for what your camera can do, you can graduate to using individual scene modes and manual modes for more creative control. It's, quite literally, a camera that can grow with you in a creative sense.
Clear, hi-def video
And let's not forget video, because Samsung didn't: the NX1000 shoots at a full 1080/30p resolution, and also at 720/60p, so your shots will feature creamy, smooth motion and dynamic action. A mini HDMI output allows you to view your captures on compatible HDTVs, using an optional cable.
- 20.3-megapixel effective recording
- Wi-Fi® sharing allows fast and stable transfer of photos and video to smartphones and tablets in addition to viewing them on compatible TVs and PCs
- APS-C size HD CMOS image sensor (23.5 X 15.7 mm) for rich tonal gradation and true-to-life color
- includes 20-50mm f/3.5-5.6 lens (35mm equivalent focal length: 30.8-77mm)
- large 3" LCD screen makes framing easy to monitor
- fast, electronically controlled shutter has a maximum speed of 1/4000 sec.
- high-def, high-quality movie mode with stereo sound (up to 1080p @ 30 frames per second)
- geo-tagging available with optional WGS84 GPS module
- contrast detection autofocus system provides consistent, dependable focus results
- special scene modes like Beauty Shot, Children, Fireworks, Sports and more
- creative picture effects include Fisheye, Sketch, Miniature and more
- panorama and 3D panorama modes (3D viewable on compatible HDTVs)
- hot shoe hosts included SEF-8A external flash unit
- Smart Auto 2.0 mode accurately detects required settings, so users can focus on framing
- additional Samsung NX-mount lenses are available to stretch your creative options
- software upgrade notifier alerts you to new firmware upgrades when you connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- compatible with Samsung NX-mount lenses
Exposure Modes and Controls:
- continuous shooting mode: 8 frames per second
- shutter speed range: 30-1/4,000 seconds, bulb (limit 4 minutes)
- sensitivity or ISO (film speed equivalent) range: 100-12,800 selectable
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, lens priority, and fully automatic (Smart Auto 2.0) exposure modes
- exposure bracketing: up to 3 frames
- flash sync speed: less than 1/180 second
File Formats and Storage:
- image storage modes: JPEG (Super Fine, Fine and Normal), RAW
- MP4 movie files up to 1920 x 1080 at 30 frames per second with stereo sound
- accepts optional SD, SDHC and SDXC cards
Connections and Dimensions:
- high-speed micro USB interface (cable included)
- micro HDMI output (cable not included)
- 802.11n Wi-Fi
- 4-11/16"W x 2-9/16"H x 1-1/2"D (without lens)
- weight (without battery or media): 12.03 oz.
- Samsung NX-mount 20-50mm f/3.5-5.6 lens
- SEF-8A external flash unit
- rechargeable BP1030 lithium ion battery
- battery charger/AC adapter
- body cap
What's in the Box:
- Digital camera body (black) with attached body cap
- 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 zoom lens (with rear and 40.5mm front lens caps attached)
- BP1030 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (7.4V 1030mAh 7.6Wh)
- BC1030B battery charger (8.4V 450mA)
- 30" AC power cord
- 20" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and proprietary USB on the other end)
- SEF8A Flash unit (in plastic case)
- Neck strap
- Software CD-ROM
- User's Manual (English)
- User's Manual (Spanish)
- Samsung International Warranty Certificate
- Product Registration sheet
- Accessory sheet
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||30.8-77mm|
|Sensor Size||23.5 x 15.7mm CMOS|
|Highest Resolution||5472 x 3648|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||Not Given|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Interchangeable Lens Camera: The Samsung NX1000 digital camera is an interchangeable lens camera with the Samsung NX-mount. It is compatible with the NX-series of lenses including wide-angle fixed focal length lenses (16mm, 20mm, 30mm), prime lenses (60mm, 85mm), and zoom lenses (20-50mm, 18-200mm, 50-200mm). The camera comes with a 20-50mm standard zoom lens.
3" LCD Monitor: The NX1000 digital camera has a 3" color TFT LCD monitor with 921,000 dots. The monitor has a 100% field of view. The monitor's brightness can be set between -2 and +2.
Recording Media: The Samsung NX1000 digital camera can record still images and video onto SD cards (up to 2 GB) SDHC cards (up to 32 GB), or SDXC cards (up to 128 GB). No memory cards are included with the camera.
Built-in Wi-Fi: The NX1000 has built-in Wi-Fi, which lets you instantly share your photos wirelessly from your home network or a public Wi-Fi hotspot. You can also send photos or videos to your smartphone. For more details, see the section on Built-in Wi-Fi below.
Image Recording Formats: The digital camera records still images in JPEG and RAW formats. High Definition movies are recorded in MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) format with AAC audio.
Image Sensor: The Samsung NX1000 digital camera is equipped with an APS-C-sized (23.5 x 15.7mm) CMOS image sensor with a total pixel count of approximately 21.6 megapixels and an effective pixel count of approximately 20.3 megapixels for high quality still images and video.
Image Sizes: The camera can record JPEG still images in a 3:2, 1:1, or 16:9 aspect ratio with three compression ratio settings (Super Fine, Fine, and Normal). HD and SD movies can be recorded in MPEG-4 (H.264) in Normal and HQ quality options. The camera offers the following still image and movie sizes:
|Photo Size||Resolution||Aspect Ratio|
|20M||5472 x 3648||3:2|
|10.1M||3888 x 2592||3:2|
|5.9M||2976 x 1984||3:2|
|2M||1728 x 1152||3:2|
|16.9M||5472 x 3080||16:9|
|7.8M||3712 x 2088||16:9|
|4.9M||2944 x 1656||16:9|
|2.1M||1920 x 1080||16:9|
|13.3M||3648 x 3648||1:1|
|7.0M||2640 x 2640||1:1|
|4.0M||2000 x 2000||1:1|
|1.1M||1024 x 1024||1:1|
|Movie Size||Resolution||Aspect Ratio|
|Full HD||1920 x 1080||16:9|
|Film||1920 x 810||2.35:1|
|HD||1280 x 720||16:9|
|VGA||640 x 480||4:3|
|QVGA||320 x 240||4:3|
i Zoom: Beyond the optical zoom, the camera offers i Zoom. Photo resolution varies according to the zoom rate, resulting in photos with less deterioration than Digital zoom. i Zoom is available in the P, A, S, M, and i shooting modes. Maximum resolution at each image ratio is as follows:
|x 1.2||4560 x 3040 (13.9M)||4560 x 2568 (11.7M)||3040 x 3040 (9.2M)|
|x 1.4||3888 x 2592 (10.1M)||3888 x 2184 (8.5M)||2592 x 2592 (6.7M)|
|x 1.7||3264 x 2176 (7.1M)||3264 x 1840 (6.0M)||2176 x 2176 (4.7M)|
|x 2||2736 x 1824 (5.0M)||2736 x 1536 (4.2M)||1824 x 1824 (3.3M)|
Face Detection:With the Face Detection feature, the camera detects faces in a scene and then automatically focuses and optimizes the brightness of the face for beautiful portrait pictures. Up to 10 faces can be detected.
Recording Mode: The NX1000 offers various recording modes to choose from to match your shooting preference. Using the Mode Dial on the top of the camera, you can set the mode to:
- Smart Auto: The camera recognizes surrounding conditions and automatically adjusts factors that contribute to exposure, including Shutter Speed, Aperture Value, Metering, White Balance, and Exposure Compensation.
- Program:The camera automatically adjusts shutter speed and aperture value so an optimal exposure value can be achieved. Other adjustments can be made manually. Program Shift allows you to adjust the shutter speed and aperture value while maintaining the same exposure.
- Aperture Priority: The camera selects a shutter speed based on the aperture value you have set manually. You can adjust the depth of field by changing the aperture value.
- Shutter Priority: The camera selects an aperture value based on the shutter speed you have set manually. You can capture fast-moving subjects with a fast shutter speed or create tracer effects with a slow shutter speed.
- Manual: Adjust various camera settings including shutter speed and aperture value.
- Lens Priority Mode: You can select an appropriate scene or a filter effect to the lens you attached. With the included 20-50mm lens, available scene modes and filter effects include Beauty Shot, Portrait, Children, Backlight, Landscape, Sunset, Dawn, Beach & Snow, Night, Vignetting, Miniature, Fish-eye, Sketch, Defog, and Halftone Dots.
- Magic Mode: You can apply various filter effects and frame effects to your photos and videos to create unique images.
- Scene Mode:In Scene Mode, the camera automatically configures the optimal settings for a variety of shooting situations, including Panorama, Beauty Shot, Night, Landscape, Portrait, Children, Sports, Close Up, Text, Sunset, Dawn, Backlight, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, and 3D.
- Movie Mode: While shooting a movie in High Definition and capture sound via the camera's built-in microphone.
- Wi-Fi: You can connect the camera the camera to an access point while in the range of a WLAN. Options include MobileLink, Remote Viewfinder, Social Sharing, Email, SkyDrive, Auto Backup, and TV Link.
Drive Modes: The camera offers four drive modes to suit your shooting needs:
- Single: Takes one picture only.
- Continuous: You can continuously capture photos while pressing the shutter release button. Continuous Low captures up to 3 photos at 3 fps, and Continuous High captures up to 8 photos at 8 fps.
- Burst Mode: Lets you capture up to 10 shots per second for 3 seconds, 15 shots per second for 2 seconds, or 30 shots per second for 1 second when you press the shutter once in this mode.
- Timer: The camera takes a photo after a set delay time. You can set the delay between 2-seconds and 30-seconds in 1 second increments.
- AE Bracket: Takes three pictures in a series with different exposure settings: normal exposure, Exposure -2, and Exposure +2.
- WB Bracket: Takes three pictures in a series with different White Balance settings: Normal, WB-2, and WB+2.
- Picture Wizard Bracket: The camera captures 3 consecutive photos with a different Picture Wizard Bracket: Standard, Vivid, and Retro.
Exposure Compensation: This camera automatically adjusts the exposure according the ambient light conditions. You can also select the exposure value from +3.0EV to -3.0EV in steps of 1/3EV.
Metering Mode: If you cannot obtain suitable exposure conditions, you can change the camera's metering method to take brighter pictures. You can choose from 3 modes:
- Multi:Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. This is suitable for general use.
- Spot:Only the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor will be metered for light. This is suitable when the subject in the center is exposed correctly, regardless of the back lighting.
- Center Weighted: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. However, the calculation will be biased towards the center of the image area. This is suitable for taking a picture of small objects like a flower or insects.
External Flash:The Samsung digital camera does not have a built-in flash, but includes the SEF8A external flash. The NX1000 is also compatible with the SEF42A and SEF220A external flashes. The flash units connect to the camera's hot shoe. You can choose from the following flash modes: Smart Flash, Auto, Auto Red-eye, Fill-in, Fill-in Red-eye, 1st Curtain, 2nd Curtain, and Flash Off.
White Balance: The white balance control allows you to adjust the colors to appear more natural. The camera has seven white balance modes: Auto WB, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent White, Fluorescent NW, Fluorescent Daylight, Tungsten, Flash WB, and Custom Set.
ISO Sensitivity: You can select the ISO sensitivity when taking pictures. The speed or specific light-sensitivity of a camera is rated by ISO numbers. A higher ISO setting allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. The camera lets you set the ISO sensitivity automatically or manually between ISO 100-12800 by 1 EV or 1/3 EV steps.
Optional GPS: The NX1000 is compatible with the optional WGS 84 GPS Module, which will add location and time data (Geo-tagging) to your photos and videos
Instant Sharing: When you are connected to a WLAN, you can instantly upload photos and videos to photo or video sharing websites, social networks like Facebook, cloud-based services, such as Microsoft SkyDrive, or email them directly from the camera.
AutoShare: The AutoShare feature lets you immediately save a photo automatically to your smart device automatically via Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi Functions: In the Wi-Fi Mode you have the following options:
- MobileLink: The MobileLink feature lets you select and transfer photos and videos from the camera to your smartphone. The files can be viewed and selected using the camera or the smartphone.
- Remote Viewfinder: With this feature, you can use your smartphone as a remote shutter release when connected via a WLAN. In addition to focusing and capturing the photo, you can control the flash, self-timer, photo size, saving location, and the zoom ratio.
- Social Sharing: This mode allows you to upload photos and videos stored in the camera to a website.
- Email: You can email stored photos and videos stored on the camera.
- SkyDrive: You can upload photos to SkyDrive
- Auto Backup: The Auto Backup feature allows you to wirelessly transfer and store your photos and videos on your PC with the touch of a button. Once the files are backed up to your computer, you can delete them from the camera's memory card, and resume shooting. The included Intelli-studio software (Windows OS only) must be installed on your PC in order to take advantage of this feature.
- TV Link: TV Link lets you share media files between the camera and a TV connected to the same AP device, so you can view photos or videos on a widescreen TV.
Compatibility: Wi-Fi features, such as AutoShare, MobileLink, and Remote Viewfinder, are compatible with Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 4.3 or higher, and with Android devices, including Galaxy series smart phones and Galaxy Tab models, running the Android 2.2 OS. The Samsung Smart Camera app should be installed on the above devices in order to use these features. The Smart Camera app is only compatible with Samsung camera models manufactured in 2013 or later.
Quick View:If you enable the Quick View function before capturing an image, you can view the image you just captured on the camera's LCD monitor. You can set the length of time the image is displayed: 1 sec, 3 sec, 5 sec, Hold, or Off.
Thumbnail Playback:You can view multiple pictures (3, 15 or 40) on the LCD monitor at once. Using the zoom lever, you can increase or decrease the number of thumbnail images shown on the monitor at once.
Slide Show:Images can be displayed continuously, at intervals of 1, 3, 5, or 10 seconds, with various slide-show effects on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offer pre-recorded background music to play along with your still image slide show.
Enlarging Photos:A single image can be zoomed in up to 12.5x (depending on the image size) for a closer look. Once the image is zoomed in, you can pan around to different areas of the image.
Movie Playback: You can playback a movie clip on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offers basic playback functions such as Play, Pause, Scan backward, and Scan Forward. The Scan Backward and Scan Forward functions let you change the scan speed from 2x to 4x to 8x. You can also adjust the volume level of the playback audio.
Edit:The Samsung NX1000 digital camera offers various editing features so you can manipulate your pictures right from the camera once they have been recorded.
- Smart Filter: You can apply various filter effects to create unique images: Miniature, Soft Focus, Old Film 1 & 2, Halftone Dots, Sketch, Fish Eye, Defog, and Negative.
- Red-Eye Fix: The red-eye effect can be removed from a captured image.
- Backlight: Correct the brightness of an underexposed photo caused by strong backlighting.
- Resize: You can change the resolution (size) of a pictures taken to a smaller size.
- Rotate: Rotate a photo for proper orientation: Right 90°, Left 90°, 180°, Horizontal, and Vertical.
- Face Retouch: You can adjust the image to hide facial imperfections.
- Brightness: Adjust the brightness of the photo.
- Contrast: Adjust the contrast of the photo.
- Vignetting: Apply retro-looking colors, high contrast, and strong vignette effects.
PictBridge (1.0) Printing Capability: Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect this camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer. PictBridge is a new standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge compliant camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
HDMI: The Samsung NX1000 is equipped with a Micro HDMI (Type D) connection for playing back photos and videos on an HDTV. The output resolution can be set to 1080i, 720p, or 480p. If you have a Samsung HDTV with Anynet + (CEC), you can control the camera with the TV's remote control.
USB: The NX1000 features a single proprietary connection which allows you to connect the camera to your computer or your TV. Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect the camera to your computer to transfer photos and videos.
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery:The Samsung NX1000 comes supplied with a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (BP1030) which provides up to 320 still image shots, 160 minutes of still image recording, or 110 minutes of video recording. The supplied BC1030B battery charger charges the Lithium-Ion battery in approximately 140 minutes.
Power Save: This function switches the camera off after a set amount of time (of no operation) in order to prevent unnecessary battery drainage. The camera can be set to turn off after 30 seconds, 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes of no operation.
Software CD-ROM: The NX1000 comes with a software CD-ROM with the following programs:
- Intelli-studio: Intelli-studio allows you to play back and edit still image and movie files. You can also upload files to your favorite websites.
- Samsung RAW Converter: Photos captured in RAW format can be converted to JPEG with this program. You can also calibrate exposure, white balance, tones, contrasts, and colors of each photo.
- PC Auto Backup: PC Auto Backup will send the recorded files to a connected PC via Wi-Fi.
Compatibility: The software is compatible with the following Operating Systems:
- Intelli-studio: Windows 7 (32-bit), Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2)
- Samsung RAW Converter: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS X v10.4/v10.5/v10.6
- Camera As Removable Disk: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS X v10.4 or later
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.