Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Samsung NX2000 Smart Camera with 2.5X Zoom Lens Kit
20.3-megapixel compact system camera with 20-50mm lens and Wi-Fi® (Black)
Samsung NX2000 Smart Camera with 2.5X Zoom Lens Kit - 3/4 view from front right, with included flash unit
Item # 305NX2000K | MFR # EV-NX2000BABUS
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Samsung NX2000 Smart Camera with 2.5X Zoom Lens Kit by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
The Samsung NX2000 Smart Camera has one of the largest LCD touchscreens in its class.
Purveyors of cool
One of the world's largest tech companies, Samsung, is making one of the coolest camera families out there. And this Samsung NX2000 Smart camera is a great example of why we say so. With fine interchangeable-lens optics, a large, light-efficient APS-C sensor, a brilliant 3.7-inch touchscreen and one of the best camera-based implementations of wireless technology we've seen to date, the Samsung deserves to be considered among the top tier of digital cameras available today.
Versatile lenses available
This camera comes with a versatile and reliable 20-50mm 2.5X zoom lens, which is perfect for day-to-day shooting opportunities. But should you wish to explore your creative side, a selection of optional "pancake" style lenses make it possible to change this camera's artistic profile while still keeping it slim enough to fit in a coat pocket. And when you want a lens with a bit more reach or specialized skills, a number of meticulously designed standard-sized options are available for the NX2000 as well.
Most of Samsung's NX-compatible lenses feature their innovative "i-Function" one-button technology, which enables you to access many manual and automatic settings directly from the lens — often with a simple twist. And one lens for the NX-series — the 45mm 2D/3D lens — allows you to record true 3D stills and movies with just one lens, for later enjoyment on a 3D-capable HDTV.
Share your vision with the world
The NX2000's built-in Wi-Fi hooks up with your compatible smartphone, tablet, or PC in seconds with an available free downloadable app. And when you press the dedicated Direct Link key on the top of the camera, you can easily and quickly upload files to social or sharing online communities — or back them up in the cloud — directly from the camera. And when it comes to choose shots for sharing with the world, you'll be able to review and edit images easily with the bright, crisp 3.7-inch LCD touchscreen on the back of the camera — one of the largest displays available in its class. It doubles as an intuitive control interface for the camera, but bear in mind that the Wi-Fi app gives you even more control options from a distance, so you, the photographer, can spend some time in the picture too. Built-in near field communication (NFC) makes quick pairing to your NFC-enabled smart device a snap.
Camera is very good for the price. Takes beautiful pictures.
Anonymous, Carson, CA
What's in the Box:
- Digital camera body (black) with body cap installed
- 20-50mm F/3.5-5.6 ED lens (black)
- 40.5mm Front lens cap (installed on lens)
- Rear lens cap
- SEF8A External flash (in plastic case)
- BP1130 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (7.6V 1130mAh 8.58Wh)
- AC adapter (5V 1A)
- 20" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro USB on other end)
- Neck strap
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 on CD-ROM
- NX2000 Software on CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide (Eng)
- Quick Start Guide (Span)
- Quick Reference Guide (Eng)
- Quick Reference Guide (Span)
- Samsung NX lens brochure (Eng)
- Samsung NX lens brochure (Span)
- Warranty sheet
- Product registration sheet
- 20.3-megapixel effective recording
- Wi-Fi® sharing allows fast transfer of photos and video to smartphones and tablets in addition to viewing them on compatible TVs and PCs
- APS-C size HD CMOS image sensor (23.5 X 15.7 mm) for rich tonal gradation and true-to-life color
- includes 20-50mm f/3.5-5.6 lens (35mm equivalent focal length: 30.8-77mm)
- large, class-leading 3.7" LCD touchscreen makes reviewing and editing your images easy
- one-lens 3D picture and movie creation is available with the optional 2D/3D 45mm lens kit, sold seperately (view on compatible 3D HDTVs)
- fast, electronically controlled shutter has a maximum speed of 1/4000 sec.
- next-generation DRIMe IV image processing engine enables better video performance and enhanced noise reduction
- high-def movie mode with stereo sound (up to 1080p @ 30 frames per second)
- touchscreen selection for autofocus makes object tracking intuitive
- special smart auto modes like Beauty Face, Waterfall, Fireworks, silhouette and more
- creative smart filter effects include Colored Pencil, Oil Sketch, Miniature and more
- hot shoe hosts the included SEF-8A external flash unit
- intuitive on-screen touch command interface complements the back-panel 5-way key control navigation for quick, confident control
- additional Samsung NX-mount lenses are available to stretch your creative options
- software upgrade notifier alerts you to new firmware upgrades when you connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- compatible with Samsung NX-mount lenses
Exposure Modes and Controls:
- continuous shooting mode: approx. 8 frames per second
- shutter speed range: 30-1/4,000 seconds, bulb (limit 4 minutes)
- sensitivity or ISO (film speed equivalent) range: 100-25,600 selectable
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, lens priority, smart modes and fully automatic exposure modes
- exposure bracketing: up to 3 frames
- flash sync speed: less than 1/180 second
File Formats and Storage:
- image storage modes: JPEG (Super Fine, Fine and Normal), RAW
- still image aspect ratio options: 3:2, 16:9, 1:1
- MP4 movie files up to 1920 x 1080 at 30 frames per second with stereo sound (3D shooting at 30fps only, .MPO format)
- accepts optional Micro SD, SDHC and SDXC cards
Connections and Dimensions:
- high-speed micro USB interface (cable included)
- micro HDMI output (cable not included)
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
- 5"W x 2-5/8"H x 1-7/16"D (without lens)
- weight (without battery): 12.2 oz.
- Samsung NX-mount 20-50mm f/3.5-5.6 lens
- external SEF-8A flash unit
- rechargeable BP1130 lithium ion battery
- battery charger/AC adapter
- Adobe Lightroom Software CD
- Samsung i-Launcher Software w/CD user manual
- strap, body cap
Samsung NX2000 Smart Camera with 2.5X Zoom Lens Kit Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3.7"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||30.8-77mm|
|Sensor Size||23.5 x 15.7mm CMOS|
|Highest Resolution||5472 x 3648|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1080/30p|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||8.04|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Samsung NX2000 digital camera gives you all of the convenience of a lightweight point-and-shoot camera with the performance and quality of a DSLR. The NX2000 is equipped with the Samsung NX mount. It comes with a 20-50mm lens, with optional lenses available (16mm, 20mm, 60mm, 85mm, 18-200mm, and 50-200mm). Because it was designed without a mirror box, the NX2000 is compact and lightweight. You can shoot up to 20MP still images, as well as Full HD video.
3.7" WVGA Touchscreen LCD Monitor: The NX2000 features a large 3.7" color WVGA touchscreen display with 1,152,000 dots. The monitor gives you a clear view of your subject and recorded images. The monitor has a field of view of approximately 100%.
Recording Media: The Samsung NX2000 digital camera can record still images and video onto microSD Memory Cards (up to 4 GB), microSDHC Memory Cards (up to 32 GB), or microSDXC Memory Cards (up to 64 GB). Class 6 or higher cards are recommended. The camera has no built-in memory.
Image Sensor: The Samsung NX2000 digital camera is equipped with a 23.5 x 15.7mm APS-C-sized CMOS image sensor with a total pixel count of approximately 21.6 mega-pixels and an effective pixel count of approximately 20.3 mega-pixels for high-quality still images and video. The built-in Image Sensor Cleaning System removes harmful dust particles from the sensor by vibrating 60,000 times per second. The sensor cleaning procedure can be performed when selected in the menu, or set to automatically operate whenever the camera is powered on.
Image Recording Formats: The digital camera records still images in JPEG and RAW formats. Uncompressed RAW images are saved without loss of data, with the photo size set to 20M (5472 x 3648). You can manipulate the white balance, contrast, saturation, and sharpness with editing software before it is compressed into a standard format. In addition, high-definition and standard-definition movie clips with AAC audio (monaural) are recorded in H.264 (MPEG4.AVC).
Still Image Size: The camera can record JPEG still images in a 3:2, 16:9, or 1:1 aspect ratio with three compression ratio settings (Super Fine, Fine, and Normal). RAW format photos are captured alone, or along with a JPEG image in one of the above compression ratio settings. Still images can be recorded in the following sizes:
|20M: 5472 x 3648||16.9M: 5472 x 3080||13.3M: 3648 x 3648|
|10.1M: 3888 x 2592||7.8M: 3712 x 2088||7M: 2640 x 2640|
|5.9M: 2972 x 1984||4.9M: 2944 x 1656||4M: 2000 x 2000|
|2M: 1728 x 1152||2.1M: 1920 x 1080||1.1M: 1024 x 1024|
Movies: In addition to still images, the NX2000 can record movies in HQ (High Quality) or Normal Quality. Maximum recording time is 29 minutes 59 seconds, except for 1080/30P (20 minutes) and 240/30P (30 seconds). The following movie sizes are available:
- 1080/30P: 1920 x 1080 (30 fps) 16:9
- 1080/15P: 1920 x 1080 (15 fps) 16:9
- 810/24P: 1920 x 810 (24 fps) 2.35:1
- 720/60P: 1280 x 720 (60 fps) 16:9
- 720/30P: 1280 x 720 (30 fps) 16:9
- 480/30P: 640 x 480 (30 fps) 4:3
- 240/30P: 320 x 240 (30 fps) 4:3
Built-in Wi-Fi: The NX2000 has built-in Wi-Fi so you can connect to your smartphone or computer via a Wireless LAN. You will need to install the Samsung SMART CAMERA App on your phone or device for iOS and Android devices. The camera is also compatible with NFC-enabled smartphones (running Android OS 2.3 or higher) and can connect to the device by simply placing the phone near the NFC tag on the camera's left side. The top-mounted Direct Link button can be set to perform any of the following activities:
- AutoShare: Photos captured with the camera are automatically saved to a connected smart phone.
- MobileLink: You can select photos and videos to be transferred to the smart phone. Files can be selected from the smart phone or from the camera.
- Remote Viewfinder: You can use the smart phone to frame your photos, change shooting options, and as a remote shutter release. Once the shot is taken, it will appear on the smart phone's screen.
- Auto Backup: You can send photos or videos from the camera to a PC connected to the Wireless LAN. PC Software is included with the camera for this feature.
- Photos by Email: Photos and videos stored on the camera's memory card can be sent to others via email.
- Photo/Video Sharing: Upload your photos and videos to file-sharing websites where you have an existing account.
- Samsung Link: Samsung Link is an online storage site where you can upload and store your photos and videos.
- WiFi Direct: You can send individual or multiple photos directly to a device that supports the Wi-Fi Direct feature.
OIS (Optical Image Stabilization): Optical image stabilization reduces the effect of camera shake and help you get a well-exposed image in dim conditions. OIS can only be used when a lens with the OIS function is attached to the camera. (The supplied 20-50mm lens is not OIS-compatible.)
Auto Focus Area: You can select your preferred auto focus area:
- Selection AF: focuses on the area you select by touching it on the screen
- Multi AF: focuses on one or more of the 21 AF points (normal) or 35 AF points (closeup)
- Face Detection AF: focuses on up to 10 faces to set the focus
- Tracking AF: allows you to track and automatically focus on your subject, even when the subject is moving or when you change the shot composition
Focus Lock: Use the camera's focus lock function to focus on a subject not positioned in the center of the picture.
Drive Modes: The camera offers several drive modes to suit your shooting needs:
- Single: Takes a single photo.
- Continuous: Images will be taken continuously until the shutter button is released or the memory is full. At Continuous Normal, you can capture up to 5 photos per second, or at Continuous High, you can shoot up to 8 shots per second.
- Burst: Camera rapidly takes multiple photos with a single press of the shutter button. You can capture up to 10 shots per second (3 seconds), 15 per second (2 seconds), or 30 shots per second (1 second). The image size is fixed to 5M.
- Timer: The timer function takes a picture after a preset delay. You can choose between 2 and 30 seconds in 1 second increments.
- Auto Exposure Bracketing (AE Bracketing): Takes three pictures in a series in different exposures: normal exposure, under exposure, and over exposure.
- White Balance Bracketing (WB Bracketing): Takes three pictures in a series with different white balance settings. You can set the interval of the white balance value from six choices.
- Picture Wizard Bracketing (P Wiz Bracketing): Takes three pictures in a series with three different Picture Wizard selections, chosen from the following: Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, or Classic.
Recording Mode: The Samsung NX2000 digital camera offers various recording modes to match your shooting preference. Using the Mode Screen, you can choose from the following:
- Smart Auto Mode: The camera automatically chooses the appropriate camera settings based on a detected type of scene. It will automatically select one of 20 scene modes which best suits the environment you are shooting in.
- Smart Mode: You can capture photos with options that are preset for a specific scene, such as Beauty Face, Best Face, Landscape, Macro, Action Freeze, Rich Tones, Panorama, Waterfall, Silhouette, Sunset, Night, Fireworks, Light Trace, and Creative Shot.
- Expert: The Expert Shooting Mode lets you select common automatic, semi-automatic, or manual shooting modes, including Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Manual, and Custom.
- Wi-Fi: The Wi-Fi mode lets you select from several functions available when connected to a wireless LAN, including MobileLink, Remote Viewfinder, Auto Backup, Email, SNS & Cloud, and Samsung Link.
Exposure Compensation: You can adjust the exposure lighter or darker compared to the camera's auto-exposure setting. You can adjust the exposure value from +3.0EV to -3.0EV in steps of 1/3EV.
Metering Mode: The camera gives you three options for measuring the brightness of the scene:
- Multi: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. This is suitable for general use.
- Spot: Only the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor will be metered for light. This is suitable when the subject in the center is exposed correctly, regardless of the back lighting.
- Center Weighted: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. However, the calculation will be biased towards the center of the image area. This is suitable for taking a picture of small objects like a flower or insects.
External Flash: The Samsung NX2000 does not have a built-in flash, but instead, comes with the SEF8A external flash unit. The flash mounts to the camera's Smart Shoe on the top of the camera. Optional flash units, such as the Samsung SEF42A, SEF20A, or SEF15A are also compatible. You can adjust the amount of flash (+/-2.0EV, 0.5 EV steps) to avoid overexposure or underexposure. You can choose from the following flash modes: Smart Flash, Auto Flash, Auto Red-eye, Fill-in Flash, Fill-in Red-eye, 1st Curtain, and 2nd Curtain.
White Balance: The white balance control allows you to adjust the colors to appear more natural. The camera has ten white balance modes: Auto WB, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent White, Fluorescent NW, Fluorescent Daylight, Tungsten, Flash WB, Custom Set, and Color Temperature.
ISO Sensitivity: The speed or specific light-sensitivity of a camera is rated by ISO numbers. A higher ISO setting allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. You can select Auto ISO sensitivity or select the ISO value manually between ISO 100 and ISO 25600 in 1 EV or 1/3 EV steps.
Picture Wizard: You can express various emotional moods in your pictures by selecting one of the Picture Wizard options: Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, or Classic. Once you have selected an option, you can further fine tune the color, saturation, sharpness, and contrast.
Histogram: A histogram is a graph that displays how light is distributed in your photo. If the histogram has a high peak on the left, your photos are dark. A peak on the right of the graph means that your photos are bright. The height of the peaks is related to color information. The more of a particular color, the taller the peak.
Optional GPS: With the optional WGS 84 GPS module attached to the camera's Smart Shoe, location information can be associated with the photos you take. Photos with location information can be used for GeoTagging, and linking to Google Maps (requires supplied Intelli-Studio software).
Quick View: If you enable the Quick View function before capturing an image, you can view the image you just captured on the camera's LCD monitor for the set duration of 1, 3, or 5 seconds, Hold or Off.
Image Edit: When playing back photos, you can perform the following edits:
- Cropping: You can create a new file by selecting a portion of an existing file.
- Rotate: The orientation of the image can be changed by rotating it Left 90, Right 90, 180, Horizontal, or Vertical.
- Resize: You can change the picture resolution to a smaller size for e-mailing or loading to a website. Available resolutions depend upon the size of the selected photo.
- Adjusting Photos: An existing photo can be adjusted as follows: Auto Adjustment, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, RGB adjustment, Color Temperature, Exposure, and Hue.
- Face Retouch: You can clear up facial imperfections by retouching the face in one of three levels.
- Red-eye Fix: If your subject has red eyes, you can remove the effect from your photos.
- Smart Filter: You can apply various filter effects to photos to create unique images. Choices include: Vignetting, Miniature, Colored Pencil, Watercolor, Wash Drawing, Oil Sketch, Ink Sketch, Acryl, Negative, Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow.
Thumbnail Playback: You can view multiple pictures (3, 9, or 20) on the LCD monitor at once.
Slide Show: Images can be displayed continuously at preset intervals with various slide-show transition effects on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offer pre-recorded background music to play along with your still image slide show. Intervals between photos can be set to 1, 3, 5, or 10 seconds. You can select all photos to display in the slide show, or only photos from a specific date, or individually selected images.
Movie Playback: You can playback a movie clip on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offers basic playback functions such as Play/Pause, Fast Rewind, Fast Forward, and Volume Control.
USB Port: The Samsung NX2000 features a single micro-USB port which allows you to connect the camera to your computer via the supplied USB cable.
HDMI: The NX2000 has a micro-HDMI (Type D) output, which will allow you to connect the camera to an HDMI-equipped HDTV for viewing videos or photos in high definition. An optional micro-HDMI to HDMI cable is required. The HDMI output resolution can be set to 1080i, 720p, or 480p. The HDMI connection is HDMI-CEC/Anynet+ compatible, allowing you to control some camera functions using the remote control from the HDMI-equipped TV.
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery: The Samsung NX2000 is powered by the BP1130 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (7.6-volts, 1130mAh). It provides power for approximately 340 still image shots, 170 minutes of shooting time, or approximately 130 minutes of video recording (1080/30p). The battery charges in approximately 215 minutes using the supplied AC adapter and USB cable.
Auto Power Off: This function switches the camera off after a set amount of time (of no operation) in order to prevent unnecessary battery drainage. The camera can be set to turn off after 0.5, 1, 3, 5, 10, or 30 minutes of no operation.
Samsung i-Launcher Software CD-ROM: The NX2000 comes with the Samsung i-Launcher Software CD-ROM, which contains the following programs:
- Multimedia Viewer: for viewing photos and videos
- Firmware Upgrade: You can download new firmware fpr your camera
- PC Auto Backup: Send photos or videos that you captured with the camera to a PC wirelessly.
- User Manual: Digital copy of the User Manual in .pdf format
- Adobe Reader: for viewing the user's manual
Computer Requirements: To install software to your computer requires one of the following operating systems: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.5 or higher (except PowerPC).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.