Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Samsung Shape™ M7
Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi® wireless speaker system (White)
Watch a product review
Samsung Shape wireless speakers
Surround sound with Samsung Shape speakers
From Samsung: Shape App
From Samsung: Shape Multi Room
From Samsung: Shape System
From Samsung: Shape Wireless Audio App
Samsung: Shape Wireless Audio Multi Room
Samsung: Shape Wireless Audio Multi Room System
Samsung: Shape Wireless Audio Multi Room System
Item # 305WAM751 | MFR # WAM 751
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Samsung Shape™ M7 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
The Samsung Shape M7 wireless speaker gives you lots of ways to enjoy your music. By itself, the M7 makes a great speaker system for your den or office. Stream music wirelessly to it from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet. With multiple M7s and the Samsung Shape WAM250 Wireless Audio Hub, you can easily create a wireless multi-room audio system. Enjoy Pandora® with your smartphone in one room while a family member plays an Internet radio station in a different room.
Simple wireless connectivity
The system uses Bluetooth and has NFC (Near Field Communication) built-in. Just touch your NFC-compatible smartphone or tablet to pair it with the M7 and start streaming music right away. You can also pair the system with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as a portable game console or laptop computer.
When integrated into a Shape multi-room system with the Hub, the M7's sophisticated circuitry creates a multi-channel mesh network between the speakers and Hub to ensure the best possible connection at all times. The M7 also features dual-band Wi-Fi® compatibility, to counter interference from other devices in your home network.
Simple app control
The M7 has control buttons built in, and for remote operation Samsung offers a free Smart Controller app for iOS® and Android™ devices. You can select your music source — such as Pandora, your own music library, the Amazon player app, or Internet radio stations. You can also control volume and equalization settings right from your smartphone or tablet.
Rich, room-filling sound
The quality-built M7 features a 3-15/16" woofer in the center. Its expanded foam cone material minimizes excessive vibration, and ensures it produces deep, tight bass. On each side of the woofer is a tweeter and midrange pair, angled outward slightly to create a spacious stereo image. The 2-3/16" midranges help the system deliver balanced, natural sound, while the 3/4" silk dome tweeters deliver clean, clear highs.
Flexible placement options
The shape and configuration of the M7 maximizes your placement choices. Its wedge-shaped cabinet makes it easy to fit in a corner, where the walls can further reinforce the low frequencies. Or if that takes up too much of your available counter space, you can also turn the speaker on its side. A detachable kickstand holds the system upright and in position.
The more the merrier
With the Samsung WAM-250 Audio Hub, you can use two or more M7s in a variety of ways. Create a wireless multi-room audio system. Just add an additional M7 for each room where you want music. Use two in the same room for two-channel stereo.
What's in the Box:
- Wireless audio speaker
- 5' AC power cord
- Toroidal ferrite core
- Cover stand
- Quick Setup Guide
- Getting Started booklet
- wireless powered speaker system
- built-in Bluetooth with NFC (Near Field Communication)
- built-in Wi-Fi for connection to home network through optional Shape WAM-250 Hub
- DLNA-certified for streaming music with compatible devices and computers
- not directly compatible with computer-based iTunes® libraries
- two 3/4" silk dome tweeters, two 2-3/16" midrange speakers, and one 3-15/16" woofer
- top controls for volume and muting
- Samsung Smart Controller app
- free download from Apple iTunes® and Google Play
- control volume and equalization settings from smartphone or tablet
- control multi-room playback when using optional WAM250 Hub and multiple M7s
- multi-room system with two or more M7 speakers requires Samsung Shape WAM250 Hub
- use two M7s in one room for wireless stereo playback
- retractable kickstand for vertical positioning
- AC power adapter
- 15-13/16"W x 5-5/16"H x 7-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed Internet connection to network speakers
Samsung Shape™ M7 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Wireless Audio Speaker: The Samsung Shape M7 wireless audio speaker lets you integrate your digital music collection into your home; whether it's a single speaker in one room, or multiple speakers in two rooms or every room of your home. The Shape M7 speaker lets you wirelessly stream music directly from your smartphone/tablet or computer/laptop device via Bluetooth to a single speaker. The Shape M7 also features a network connection, so you can wirelessly stream music from select Internet radio stations and online music services, plus music stored on your computer/laptop or in the Cloud to a single M7 speaker or multiple M7 speakers throughout your home.
Triangular Design w/ Stereo Pairing: The unique triangular design of Samsung Shape M7 wireless audio speaker fits many applications in your home; on a shelf, in a cabinet, or tucked into the corner (proprietary wall-mount sold separately). Enjoy incredible stereo sound by positioning one M7 speaker horizontally, or pair two M7 speakers together via Bluetooth and position vertically for true left/right stereo audio separation.
Five Driver Design: The Samsung Shape M7 wireless audio speaker employs an innovative five driver design that delivers premium sound quality. The 4" woofer produces deeper, tighter bass, the two advanced 2" mid-range drivers create richer natural tones, and dual premium 0.75" tweeters are crisp and clear to bring your music to life.
Bluetooth Technology: The Samsung Shape M7 speaker offers built-in Bluetooth technology for wireless audio streaming from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device and offers a simple pairing procedure.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Shape M7 supports Bluetooth A2DP which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, or laptop/computer. You'll be able to stream stored music or music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled device to a single or stereo paired Shape M7. You will continue to navigate your music and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Simple Pairing w/ NFC: A single button press pairs your Bluetooth-enabled device with the Samsung M7. The speaker also supports NFC (Near-Field Communication) technology for pairing. Simply tap your NFC-enabled Android smartphone to the NFC tag on the top of the speaker for instant pairing with the Shape M7; NFC is only available in select Android smartphones. Once paired, the M7 will automatically re-connect to the last device used when in wireless range (33').
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Samsung Shape M7 speaker offers a wired (Ethernet) and wireless (WiFi) network connection which allows you to stream a variety of Internet radio stations, select online music service, and music stored on your smartphone/tablet device or computer/laptop. To access these network sources, you must download the Samsung Wireless Multi-Room App onto your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Internet Radio + Online Music Services: From the Samsung Wireless Multi-Room App on your compatible smartphone/tablet device, you'll be able to access over a 1,000 Internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio and select online music services; like Pandora, iHeart Radio, Spotify, rdio, Rhapsody, and Amazon Cloud Player.
- Stored Music Libraries: Also from the Samsung Wireless Multi-Room App, you'll be able to stream stored music on your Windows or Mac computer and other DLNA-compliant network storage devices to the Shape M7 speaker. In addition, you can stream music stored on your compatible iOS or Android device to the Shape M7. The M7 speaker supports WAV, MP3 (up to 320kbps), WMA, OGG, Flac (up to 44.1kHz/16-bit), and AAC music files.
Wireless Audio Hub (optional): The Samsung WAM250 wireless audio hub (305WAM250, sold separately) allows you to wirelessly link multiple Samsung Shape M7 wireless powered speakers together for a multi-room audio system in your home or office. The Samsung wireless audio hub simply plugs into your home network's router via Ethernet and communicates to the Samsung Shape M7 wireless speakers via WiFi.
Wireless Multi-Room App: Using Samsung's Wireless Multi-Room app, the WAM250 wireless audio hub (sold separately), and multiple Shape M7 wireless speakers (sold separately), you can create a wireless multi-room audio system which can be controlled from your smartphone or tablet device. Or, you can simply use the app on your smartphone or tablet to control one Shape M7 wireless speaker. Simply download Samsung's free Wireless Multi-Room app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store onto your Apple iOS device (5.0+) or Android smartphone/tables (2.3+). The Samsung Wireless Multi-Room app lets you connect, group, and control each of your Samsung M7 wireless speakers.
- Variety of Sources: You'll be able to stream Internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio, select music apps (like Pandora/iHeart/Spotify/etc.), and music stored on your smartphone/tablet or laptop/computer connected to the same wireless home network as the WAM250 Hub (sold separately) and your M7 wireless speakers. You can set presets of your favorite Internet radio stations and online music channels. You can also search your device's stored music by Song, Album, Artist, or Genre. You are even able to create and edit Playlists.
- Zone & Party Modes: With the app, you can play one song in one room, different songs from different sources in each room, one song across all speakers, or any combination that fits your mood. Multi-source/multi-room audio can only be done with music from the Internet or your home network, not Bluetooth or TV SoundConnect.
TV SoundConnect: You can listen to the sound from your Samsung TV through the M7 by using its wireless TV SoundConnect function. You can pair a single M7 speaker via Bluetooth to your compatible Samsung TV. The TV SoundConnect function is only supported by select 2013-up Samsung TVs (6500 series and up).
Auxiliary Input: The Samsung Shape M7 is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input to connect virtually any portable audio device with a headphone output.
Alarm & Sleep Timer: The Samsung Wireless Multi-Room app offers an Alarm & Sleep Timer function for the M7 speaker.
AC Power w/ Auto Standby: The Samsung Shape M7 wireless audio speaker operates off of standard household current using the supplied 5' detachable AC power cord. The M7 switches to the standby mode if there is no music playback or no button operation (either from the top-panel or from the app) for approximately 25 minutes in Bluetooth or Network mode (Aux mode is 8 hrs).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
We have just used it for our bedroom TV which is not connected to any good external speakers. It makes a big difference in the quality of sound especially the base! We really love it. However, we have not used it outdoor. I would imagine it should work well as long as it is protected from water and weathering. It sounds great in our bedroom when we have it connected through WiFi to our large TV in the family room. [ RICHARD Nov 10, 2014 ]
well,so far i've used it only for my HD Samsung tv and i most say i'm impress by the quality of its sound coming from "such a small device" , but definitely i'll be using it for more than just my tv .And thanks to Crutchfield i got for free when i purchase my tv.i'd definitely recommend it . [ MIGUEL A Jul 13, 2014 ]
I have been amazed by the versatility and sonic quality of this device. I'm using it outdoors under a lanai area to provide music for a large pool area the unit looks good and easily has the volume and throw required to fiill this area with sound. Out performs larger more expensive devices from the big speaker companies, ie, Bose, Klipsch, et al. Typically I'm streaming from Pandora to the m7. Works perfect for me, I say get one. [ JEFFREY May 06, 2014 ]
In general, I found the instructions for WiFi setup and use to be less than helpful. This may be due to the fact that I am not using the optional Hub. It took some time and multiple tries to get it working properly. The Samsung Smart Controller app for my iPad worked somewhat, while the app for my iPhone crashes immediately upon opening and is, therefore, useless. That said, I use my Samsung Shape as an auxiliary speaker to replace the woefully inadequate built-in speakers on my TV. I have also used it in the Bluetooth mode for music on my iPod. Overall, the sound is impressive. I would not say it is a "comprehensive solution" for your music, however. Since it takes two units to give you stereo, you can probably fulfill your needs more cheaply with an alternate system. [ MICHAEL May 05, 2014 ]
I use mine as my TV speaker. I have used it to play some music. It is easy to set up and easy to move from room to room. [ Sarah May 05, 2014 ]