Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
16.3-megapixel digital camera with 35X optical zoom (Black)
Item # 305WB2100K | MFR # EC-WB2100BPBUS
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Samsung WB2100 by Crutchfield's David Brown
"See that little speck there? That's our boy!"
Ever miss out on great shots because you couldn't quite get close enough? Try the super-zoom Samsung WB2100 and improve your shooting capabilities far beyond the range of most compact cameras. You won't have to sit in the front row of the stands to capture your son on the baseball field. And you won't have to show his grandparents photos of a tiny figure in left field that they don't even recognize. Get in nice and tight with the WB2100's 35X optical zoom lens. Optical image stabilization helps ensure your photos are crisp and blur-free when you can't keep the camera absolutely still. And the backlit CMOS sensor is perfect for capturing plenty of light and detail, even when lighting is less than optimal.
Shoot high or low
Ever been trying to photograph your daughter on the soccer field when you're stuck standing behind other parents? You have to hold the camera up over your head and snap away haphazardly paparazzi-style and hope you catch her in the frame. But with the WB2100's tilting LCD screen, you can hold the camera up high or down low while seeing exactly what is in the frame.
HD video, on your camera or TV
Not only is the WB2100 great for shooting bright, vibrant still photos. It's also an HD video camera as well. Shoot beautiful home movies in stunning 1080p and watch them right on your HDTV. Just pick up an HDMI cable, use it to connect your camera and TV, and you can have instant viewing on the big screen.
- 16.3-megapixel effective recording backlit CMOS sensor
- 35X optical zoom lens (2X digital zoom)
- records photos and video onto optional SD, SDHC, or SDXC memory cards
- 3" tilting LCD screen
- 35mm equivalent lens focal length: 25-875mm
- optical image stabilization minimizes blur from shaky hands
- 3" LCD screen tilts up and down for multi-angle shooting and photo review
- high-definition movie mode (up to 1080p resolution)
- panorama mode captures 360-degree views by holding down the shutter button and sweeping the camera
- selectable ISO (film speed equivalent) range: 100-6,400
- in-camera editing and creative filters
- red-eye reduction and retouch
- Movie Zoom automatically optimizes sound settings and eliminates motor noise during movie recording
- Rich Tone (HDR) delivers balanced exposure across the frame to accurately convey areas of high-contrast lighting
- zoom lever on lens barrel for easy zooming while holding the camera steady
- pop-up flash
Connections and Dimensions:
- mini HDMI output for connecting to an HDTV (cable not included)
- high-speed USB interface
- 4-11/16"W x 3-5/16"H x 3-13/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- rechargeable lithium ion battery and AC charging adapter
- USB cable
- lens cap and string
What's in the Box:
- Digital camera (black)
- SLB-10A Lithium-Ion battery (3.7V 1030mAh 3.81Wh)
- AD5055 AC adapter (5V 550mAH)
- 20" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and a proprietary USB on other end)
- Lens cap with string
- Neck strap
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty sheet
- Product registration sheet
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||25-875mm|
|Internal Memory||74 MB|
|Sensor Size||1/2.3" CMOS|
|Highest Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||18.37|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Tiltable LCD Monitor: The Samsung WB2100 digital camera features a 3.0" color TFT LCD monitor with 460,000 pixels. The monitor can be angled downward 45° so you can more easily frame a high-angle shot, and upward 90° for framing a low-angle shot. The LCD monitor's brightness can be adjusted to Normal, Bright, Dark, or Auto. The LCD monitor can be set to automatically turn off if the camera is not operated for approximately 30 seconds. There is no separate viewfinder on the camera.
Recording Media: The Samsung WB2100 digital camera can record still images and video onto its built-in internal flash memory (approximately 74 MB) or optional SD cards up to 2 GB, SDHC cards up to 32 GB, and SDXC cards up to 64 GB.
Image Recording Format: The digital camera records still images in JPEG format with thee photo quality options: Super Fine, Fine, and Normal. High-definition and standard-definition movie clips with stereo audio are recorded in MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format with AAC audio.
Image Sensor: The Samsung WB2100 digital camera is equipped with a 1/2.3" CMOS image sensor with a total pixel count of approximately 16.79 MP and an effective pixel count of approximately 16.38 MP for high-quality still images and video.
Image Size: The Samsung digital camera offers nine still image sizes and four movie clip sizes. The camera can record JPEG still images in 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, or 1:1 aspect ratios, while movie clips are recorded in 16:9 and 4:3. The available image sizes include:
- 16M: 4608 x 3456 (4:3)
- 14M: 4608 x 3072 (3:2)
- 12M: 4608 x 2592 (16:9)
- 10M: 3648 x 2736 (4:3)
- 8M: 2832 x 2832 (1:1)
- 5M: 2592 x 1944 (4:3)
- 3M: 1984 x 1488 (4:3)
- 2M: 1920 x 1080 (16:9)
- 1M: 1024 x 768 (4:3)
Samsung Lens: The WB2100 digital camera features a 35x optical zoom Samsung lens with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 25 to 875mm (actual focal length is 4.5-157.5mm). The F-stop range is F3.0 (W) to F5.9 (T).
Intelli Zoom/Digital Zoom: When shooting photos in 4:3 aspect ratio, the WB2100 offers Intelli Zoom to help you capture closeup photos (up to 70x) with less picture deterioration than with Digital Zoom. The picture resolution is reduced according to the zoom rate when using Intelli Zoom. When recording in other aspect ratios, Intelli Zoom is turned off, and digital zoom is used for zooming in beyond the 35x optical range, up to 70x.
OIS (Optical Image Stabilization): Optical Image Stabilization reduces the effect of camera shake and help you get a well-exposed image in dim conditions.
Focus Modes: The Samsung WB2100 offers four auto focus modes and one manual focus mode with the following focusing ranges:
|Focus Mode||Wide Angle||Telephoto|
|Normal||31" to infinity||59" to infinity|
|Macro||4" to 31"||59" to 138"|
|Auto Macro||0.4" to infinity||59" to infinity|
|Super Macro||0.4" to 4"|
Auto Focus Type: You can also select your preferred auto focus area
- Center AF: the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor will be focused
- Multi AF: camera selects all of the available 9 AF points
- Select AF: focuses on the area you specifically select
- Tracking AF: focus moves along with the movements of a subject
- Face Detection AF: camera automatically detects a human face, and adjusts the focus and exposure automatically
Face Detection: With the Face Detection feature, the camera detects faces in a scene and then automatically focuses and optimizes the brightness of the face for beautiful portrait pictures. The Face Detection feature detects up to 10 different faces, automatically adjusts focus and brightness, and also senses and removes red-eye. With the Smile Shot option, the camera automatically takes a photo when a smiling face is detected. When Blink Detection is selected, the camera will take a second photo immediately when the camera detects that the subject's eyes are closed.
Focus Lock: Use the camera's focus lock function to focus on a subject not positioned in the center of the picture.
Drive Modes: The camera offers 5 drive modes to suit your shooting needs:
- Single: Takes one picture only.
- Continuous: Images will be taken continuously. Up to 7 photos can be taken in one burst with selectable speeds of 8, 5, or 3 frames per second.
- Precapture: The camera starts shooting when you press the shutter release button halfway. The camera will capture up to 6 photos before and one photo when you press the shutter release fully. All captured photos are saved. This mode is recommended when you're trying to capture a specific moment.
- AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing): Takes three pictures in a series in different exposures. Use this mode if it is hard to decide the exposure of the subject.
- WB Bracket (White Balance Bracketing): Captures three pictures with different white balance settings.
Self-Timer: The Samsung WB2100 offers these self-timer functions:
- 10 Sec Self-Timer: Pressing the shutter button will allows an interval of 10 seconds before the image is taken. This method can be used for self-portraits.
- 2 Sec Self-Timer: Pressing the shutter button will allows an interval of 2 seconds before the image is taken. This method can be used to help prevent camera shake.
Recording Mode: The Samsung WB2100 digital camera offers various recording modes to choose from to match your shooting preference. Using the top-mounted Mode Dial, you can select from the following modes:
- Smart Auto Mode: The camera automatically chooses the appropriate camera settings based on a detected type of scene. Scene modes include: Landscapes, White Background, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Landscapes with Backlight, Portraits with Backlight, Portrait, Close-up (objects), Close-up (text), Sunset, Blue Sky, Forested Areas, Macro Color, Tripod, or Active Subjects.
- Program Mode: You can manually configure all functions of the camera, except the aperture value and shutter speed.
- Manual Mode: You can adjust the aperture value and shutter speed, and all other adjustments.
- Scene Modes: The camera automatically configures the settings for a variety of shooting situations: Frame Guide, Night, Portrait, Children, Landscape, Close Up, Text, Sunset, Dawn, Backlight, Fireworks, and Beach & Snow.
- Panorama: You can create a wide panoramic scene in a single photo by capturing and combining a series of photos.
- Magic Plus: Capture a photo or video with various effects, including Low Light Shot, HDR, Split Shot, Photo Filter (Miniature, Vignetting, Cross Filter, Fish-eye, Classic, and Retro), and Movie Filter (Miniature, Vignetting, Fish-eye, Classic, Retro, and Palette Effects 1-4)
- Settings: Adjust settings to match your preferences.
- Movie: A movie clip can be recorded (with or without sound). You can also start recording a movie by pushing the dedicated (red) movie button without rotating the Mode Dial to Movie.
Exposure Compensation: This camera automatically adjusts the exposure according the ambient light conditions. You can also select the exposure value from +2.0EV to -2.0EV in steps of 1/3EV.
Metering Mode: If you cannot obtain suitable exposure conditions, you can change the camera's metering method to take brighter pictures. You can choose from 3 modes:
- Multi: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. This is suitable for general use.
- Spot: Only the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor will be metered for light. This is suitable when the subject in the center is exposed correctly, regardless of the back lighting.
- Center-Weighted: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. However, the calculation will be biased towards the center of the image area. This is suitable for taking a picture of small objects like a flower or insects.
- Face Detection: When a human face is detected, the camera sets the exposure on the face.
Built-in Pop-up Flash: The camera features a built-in pop-up flash with a range of 2' 7"-19' 8" (W) and 4' 11"-9' 10" (T). It recharges in approximately 5 seconds. You can choose from the following flash modes: Auto, Red-eye, Fill-in, Slow Sync, and Red-eye Fix.
White Balance: The white balance control allows you to adjust the colors to appear more natural. The camera has seven white balance modes: Auto WB, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent H, Fluorescent L, Tungsten, Custom Set, and Color Temp.
ISO Sensitivity: You can select the ISO sensitivity when taking pictures. A higher ISO setting allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. The camera features the following ISO settings - Auto, ISO 100, ISO 200, ISO 400, ISO 800, ISO 1600, ISO 3200, and ISO 6400.
Thumbnail Playback: You can view multiple pictures (up to 12 or 24) on the LCD monitor at once.
Slide Show: Images can be displayed continuously at selectable intervals of 1, 3, 5, or 10 seconds on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offers 5 screen effects, and pre-recorded background music clips to play along with your still image slide show.
Image Zoom: A single image can be zoomed in for a closer look. Once the image is zoomed in, you can pan around to view different areas of the image.
Image Editing: Still images can be edited and saved as new files. Editing options include:
- Resize: Resize large image files to smaller sizes for emailing or posting to websites
- Rotate: You can rotate images to their proper orientation
- Smart Filter: Apply special effects to the photos, such as Miniature, Vignetting, Cross Filter, Fish-eye, Classic, and Retro
- Adjust Settings: You can adjust brightness, contrast, or color saturation, plus retouch faces and remove red-eye.
Movie Playback: You can playback a movie clip on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offers basic playback functions such as Play, Pause, Scan backward (up to 8x), and Scan Forward (up to 8x). Movies can be trimmed to remove unwanted footage, and still images can be captured from the video.
Copy Files: This feature enables you to copy image files and movie clips from the camera's internal memory to an inserted memory card.
Movie Clip Capture: You can capture still images from a recorded movie clip. The captured movie clip file will be saved as the same size as the original movie clip (1280 x 720, 640 x 480, or 320 x 240).
Deleting/Protecting Images: Images can be deleted one at a time, in a pre-selected group, or all at once. Images can be protected from being accidentally erased.
HDMI: The WB2100 has a mini-HDMI (Type C) output, which will allow you to connect the camera to an HDMI-equipped HDTV for viewing videos or photos in high definition. The camera is compatible with Samsung's Anynet+ HDMI-CEC system, which, when connected to a Samsung HDTV via HDMI, allows you to control the camera's playback functions with the TV's remote control.
AV/USB Proprietary Output: The Samsung WB2100 features a single proprietary port which allows you to connect the camera to your computer via the included USB cable. You can also recharge the camera's battery using the supplied USB cable and AC adapter. With an optional AV cable you can connect the camera to a TV. The Samsung WB2100's video output can be set to NTSC or PAL.
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery: The Samsung WB2100 comes supplied with a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (SLB-10A) which provides up to 200 still image shots, 100 minutes of still image recording or 70 minutes of movie recording. The supplied AC adapter and USB cable charges the Lithium-Ion battery in approximately 240 minutes.
Auto Power Off: This function switches the camera off after a set amount of time (of no operation) in order to prevent unnecessary battery drainage. The camera can be set to turn off after 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes of no operation.
Software CD-ROM: The Samsung WB2100 comes with built-in i-Launcher software, which can be loaded to your Windows computer when you connect the camera via USB. i-Launcher includes the Multimedia Viewer program for viewing still image and movie files in multiple formats. i-Launcher is compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP SP2. It is not available for Mac OS computers.
Transferring Files: You can connect the camera to Windows and Mac OS computers as a removable disk for transferring files. The camera is compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, as well as Mac OS 10.5 or later (except Power PC).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.