Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
16-megapixel smart camera with 60X optical zoom and Wi-Fi®
Item # 305WB2200 | MFR # EC-WB2200BPBUS
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Samsung WB2200F by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The Samsung WB2200F offers 60X optical zoom, easy dual grip operation and a 3" viewscreen.
Go long with 60X optical zoom
If you want to capture the grandeur of a landscape, the Samsung WB2200F features a 20mm wide-angle lens that can go big. If you happen to notice a compelling detail — a lone tree lit up by the sunset, or a fox slinking through the underbrush — the built-in 60X super-telephoto zoom function will get you close enough to immortalize the moment at the touch of a button. Whether you're going wide or zooming in, the camera's large 16-megapixel image sensor will record sharp detail and true color each time the shutter clicks.
Dual grip makes vertical shooting easy
Most cameras are designed with horizontal shooting in mind. The WB2200F has a second grip running along the bottom of the chassis, so you can go from landscape to portrait mode with a simple turn. Your fingers won't cramp or get tired as you switch back and forth, so you can let yourself focus on the details of your image, instead of trying not to drop your valuable equipment.
Share easily with Wi-Fi and NFC
Samsung has built in wireless technology that gives you so many ways to share your masterpieces. Photo Beam lets you send photos to any NFC-compatible smartphone. Just touch the camera to the device to automatically share the image you're viewing. You can also select and send photos or albums directly to a smartphone or tablet with Samsung Mobile Link. Use AutoShare to send images to your device automatically as you snap them.
Hard to beat for the money, i have taken 100s of pictures already, the capability of doing it from your phone is great.
Rich W, Utah
What's in the Box:
- Digital camera (black)
- BP1410 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (7.6V 1410mAh 10.7Wh)
- ETA0U61JBE AC adapter (DC output: 5V 1A)
- 20" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro USB on other end)
- Lens cap with string
- Neck strap
- Quick Start Guide
- Product Registration Card
- Warranty sheet
- 16.3 effective megapixel CMOS sensor
- 60X optical zoom gets you closer to the details in your shot
- 20mm ultra wide angle lens lets you get more of the big picture in each photograph
- 3" LCD screen for easy preview and review of photos
- electronic viewfinder helps line up shots
- ISO (film sensitivity) range: 80-6400 for excellent performance in a variety of lighting conditions
- full HD video recording (1920x1080/30fps)
- dual grip for easy vertical or horizontal shooting
- built-in Wi-Fi and NFC pairing for quick and easy photo sharing
- Smart Modes: Beauty Face, Continuous Shot, Landscape, Macro, Panorama, Action Freeze and more
- full manual mode lets you take control of the details
- records to optional SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards
- 4-11/16"W x 4-13/16"H x 1-7/16"D
- weight: 21.44 oz.
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Samsung WB2200F Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||20-1200mm|
|Internal Memory||17 MB|
|Sensor Size||1/2.3" CMOS|
|Highest Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||23.9|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
LCD Monitor: The Samsung WB2200F digital camera features a 3.0" color TFT LCD monitor with 460,000 dots. The LCD monitor's brightness can be adjusted to Normal, Bright, Dark, or Auto. The LCD monitor can be set to automatically turn off if the camera is not operated for approximately 30 seconds.
Electronic Viewfinder (EVF): In addition to the 3" LCD monitor, the camera has an electronic viewfinder (EVF) with 200,000 dots (300 x 224). You can switch between the LCD and EVF via the EVF button on the rear panel. You can adjust the viewfinder to your eyesight using the diopter adjustment dial.
Dual Grips: The oversized camera body features dual grips that allows you to comfortably shoot in landscape or portrait orientation. There is a shutter release button for both positions. The extra space provides room for a large capacity battery (BP-1410) with enough power for 600 shots per charge.
Recording Media: The Samsung WB2200F digital camera can record still images and video onto optional SD cards up to 2 GB, SDHC cards up to 32 GB, and SDXC cards up to 64 GB. A 17 MB internal memory is provided for temporary storage if a memory card is not inserted.
Image Recording Format: The digital camera records still images in JPEG format with three photo quality options: Super Fine, Fine, and Normal. High-definition and standard-definition movie clips with stereo audio are recorded in MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format with AAC audio.
Image Sensor: The Samsung WB2200F digital camera is equipped with a 1/2.3" BSI CMOS image sensor with a total pixel count of approximately 16.8 MP and an effective pixel count of approximately 16.4 MP for high-quality still images and video.
Image Size: The Samsung digital camera offers nine still image sizes and four movie clip sizes. The camera can record JPEG still images in 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, or 1:1 aspect ratios, while movie clips are recorded in 16:9 and 4:3. The available image sizes include:
- Still Images:
- 16M: 4608 x 3456 (4:3)
- 14M: 4608 x 3072 (3:2)
- 12M: 4608 x 2592 (16:9)
- 10M: 3648 x 2736 (4:3)
- 8M: 2832 x 2832 (1:1)
- 5M: 2592 x 1944 (4:3)
- 3M: 1984 x 1488 (4:3)
- 2M: 1920 x 1080 (16:9)
- 1M: 1024 x 768 (4:3)
- FHD: 1920 x 1080 (16:9)
- HD: 1280 x 720 (16:9)
- VGA: 640 x 480 (4:3)
- 240 Share: 320 x 240 (30 seconds max)
Samsung Lens: The WB2200F digital camera features a 60x optical zoom Samsung lens with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 20 to 1200mm (actual focal length is 3.58-214.8mm). The F-stop range is F2.8 (W) to F5.9 (T).
Intelli Zoom/Digital Zoom: When shooting photos in 4:3 aspect ratio, the WB2200F offers Intelli Zoom to help you capture close-up photos (up to 120x) with less picture deterioration than with Digital Zoom. The picture resolution is reduced according to the zoom rate when using Intelli Zoom. When recording in other aspect ratios, Intelli Zoom is turned off, and digital zoom is used for zooming in beyond the 60x optical range, up to 120x.
Image Stabilization: The WB2200F offers Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) to reduce the effect of camera shake and help you get a well-exposed image in dim conditions.
Wi-Fi: The WB2200F has built-in Wi-Fi that allows you to wirelessly connect the camera to a smartphone via a wireless LAN. Using the free downloadable Smart Camera app, you can automatically save your photos and videos to your smartphone (AutoShare), send photos and videos to a smartphone (MobileLink), or use your smartphone as a remote shutter release (Remote Viewfinder). In addition, you can send photos and videos via email or file sharing services. The Smart Camera app is compatible with Android phones running 3.0 and up, as well as iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 6.1 or later. Android phones with NFC (Near-Field Communication) can link to the camera and perform some operations by simply touching the NFC logo on the left side of the camera.
Focus Modes: The Samsung WB2200F offers four auto focus modes and one manual focus mode with the following focusing ranges:
|Focus Mode||Wide Angle||Telephoto|
|Normal||31" to infinity||59" to infinity|
|Macro||4" to 31"||59" to 138"|
|Auto Macro||0.4" to infinity||59" to infinity|
|Super Macro||0.4" to 4"||N/A|
Auto Focus Type: You can also select your preferred auto focus area:
- Center AF: the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor will be focused
- Multi AF: camera selects all of the available 9 AF points
- Select AF: focuses on the area you specifically select
- Tracking AF: focus moves along with the movements of a subject
Face Detection: With the Face Detection feature, the camera detects faces in a scene and then automatically focuses and optimizes the brightness of the face for beautiful portrait pictures. The Face Detection feature detects up to 10 different faces, automatically adjusts focus and brightness, and also senses and removes red-eye. With the Smile Shot option, the camera automatically takes a photo when a smiling face is detected. When Blink Detection is selected, the camera will take a second photo immediately when the camera detects that the subject's eyes are closed.
Focus Lock: Use the camera's focus lock function to focus on a subject not positioned in the center of the picture.
Drive Modes: The camera offers several drive modes to suit your shooting needs:
- Single: Takes one picture only.
- Continuous 8: You can capture up to 7 photos at 8 frames per second in one burst.
- Continuous 5: You can capture up to 7 photos at 5 frames per second in one burst.
- Continuous 3: You can capture up to 7 photos at 3 frames per second in one burst.
- Precapture: The camera begins shooting when you press the shutter release halfway, capturing 6 photos continuously. When the shutter is pressed fully, the camera saves the last photo, plus the 6 photos before the shutter was pressed, for a total of 7. This helps prevent missed shots when you are not sure when the event you are photographing will take place.
- Motion Capture: The camera will capture up to 30 photos at 5 photos per second. The image size is fixed at 640 x 480 (VGA).
- Self-Timer: The camera has a 10-second self-timer mode, which can allow the photographer to take self-portraits, or be included in group shots. It also has a 2-second self-timer to help prevent camera shake when fully zoomed in.
- AE Bracketing: Takes three pictures in a series, each with a different exposure (normal exposure, under-exposed, over-exposed).
- WB Bracketing: Takes three pictures in a series, each with a different white balance setting.
Recording Mode: The Samsung WB2200F digital camera offers various recording modes to choose from to match your shooting preference. Using the top-mounted Mode Dial, you can select from the following modes:
- Smart Auto Mode: The camera automatically chooses the appropriate camera settings based on a detected type of scene. Scene modes include: Portrait, Night Portrait, Night, Backlight Portraits, Backlight, Landscape, White, Macro, Macro Text, Tripod, Action, Macro Color, Natural Green, Blue Sky, Sunset, Low Light, Spot Light, Spot Light Macro, and Spot Light Portrait.
- Program Mode: You can manually configure all functions of the camera, except the aperture value and shutter speed, which is set by the camera.
- A/S/M: When dialed to this setting, you can choose from Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, or Manual modes.
- Smart Mode: You can capture a photo with options that are preset for a specific scene: Beauty Face, Continuous Shot, Landscape, Macro, Action Freeze, Rich Tones (HDR), Panorama, Sunset, Silhouette, Fireworks, Night, and Light Trace.
- Magic Plus: Capture a photo or video with various effects. Photo Filter Mode includes Miniature, Vignetting, Fish-eye, Classic, Retro, and Cross Filter. Movie Filter Mode includes Miniature, Vignetting, Fish-eye, Classic, Retro, and Palette Effects 1-4.
- Settings: Adjust settings to match your preferences.
- Movie: A movie clip can be recorded (with or without sound). You can also start recording a movie by pushing the dedicated (red) movie button without rotating the Mode Dial to Movie.
- Wi-Fi: The camera connects to a smartphone via a WLAN to remotely control the camera, and to wirelessly transfer recorded photos and videos.
Exposure Compensation: This camera automatically adjusts the exposure according the ambient light conditions. You can also select the exposure value from +2.0EV to -2.0EV in steps of 1/3EV.
Metering Mode: If you cannot obtain suitable exposure conditions, you can change the camera's metering method to take brighter pictures. You can choose from 3 modes:
- Multi: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. This is suitable for general use.
- Spot: Only the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor will be metered for light. This is suitable when the subject in the center is exposed correctly, regardless of the back lighting.
- Center-Weighted: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. However, the calculation will be biased towards the center of the image area. This is suitable for taking a picture of small objects like a flower or insects.
Built-in Pop-up Flash: The camera features a built-in pop-up flash with a range of 2' 7"-19' 8" (W) and 4' 11"-9' 10" (T). It recharges in approximately 5 seconds. You can choose from the following flash modes: Auto, Red-eye, Fill-in, Slow Sync, and Red-eye Fix. The intensity of the flash can be adjusted +/-2.0.
White Balance: The white balance control allows you to adjust the colors to appear more natural. The camera has seven white balance modes: Auto WB, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent H, Fluorescent L, Tungsten, Custom Set, and Color Temp.
ISO Sensitivity: You can select the ISO sensitivity when taking pictures. A higher ISO setting allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. The camera features the following ISO settings - Auto, ISO 100, ISO 200, ISO 400, ISO 800, ISO 1600, ISO 3200, and ISO 6400.
Thumbnail Playback: You can view multiple pictures (up to 12 or 24) on the LCD monitor at once.
Slide Show: Images can be displayed continuously at selectable intervals of 1, 3, 5, or 10 seconds on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offers 5 screen effects, and pre-recorded background music clips to play along with your still image slide show.
Image Zoom: A single image can be zoomed in up to 14.4x for a closer look. Once the image is zoomed in, you can pan around to view different areas of the image.
Image Editing: Still images can be edited and saved as new files. Editing options include:
- Resize: Resize large image files to smaller sizes for emailing or posting to websites
- Rotate: You can rotate images to their proper orientation
- Smart Filter: Apply special effects to the photos, such as Miniature, Vignetting, Cross Filter, Fish-eye, Classic, and Retro
- Adjust Settings: You can adjust brightness, contrast, or color saturation, plus retouch faces and remove red-eye.
Movie Playback: You can playback a movie clip on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offers basic playback functions such as Play, Pause, Scan backward (up to 8x), and Scan Forward (up to 8x). Movies can be trimmed to remove unwanted footage, and still images can be captured from the video.
Movie Clip Capture: You can capture still images from a recorded movie clip. The captured movie clip file will be saved as the same size as the original movie clip (1280 x 720, 640 x 480, or 320 x 240).
Deleting/Protecting Images: Images can be deleted one at a time, in a pre-selected group, or all at once. Images can be protected from being accidentally erased.
HDMI: The WB2200F has a micro-HDMI (Type D) output, which will allow you to connect the camera to an HDMI-equipped HDTV for viewing videos or photos in high definition. The camera is compatible with Samsung's Anynet+ HDMI-CEC system, which, when connected to a Samsung HDTV via HDMI, allows you to control the camera's playback functions with the TV's remote control.
AV/USB Output: The Samsung WB2200F features a Micro USB port which allows you to connect the camera to your computer via the included USB cable. You can also recharge the camera's battery using the supplied USB cable and AC adapter. With an optional AV cable you can connect the camera to a TV. The Samsung WB2200F's video output can be set to NTSC or PAL.
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery: The Samsung WB2200F comes supplied with the BP-1410 rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery which provides up to 600 still image shots, 300 minutes of still image recording or 190 minutes of movie recording. The supplied AC adapter and USB cable charges the Lithium-Ion battery in approximately 240 minutes.
Auto Power Off: This function switches the camera off after a set amount of time (of no operation) in order to prevent unnecessary battery drainage. The camera can be set to turn off after 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes of no operation.
Built-in Software: The Samsung WB2200F comes with built-in i-Launcher software, which can be loaded to your Windows computer when you connect the camera via USB. i-Launcher includes the Multimedia Viewer program for viewing still image and movie files in multiple formats. i-Launcher is compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 7, as well as Mac OS X 10.5 and later.
Transferring Files: You can connect the camera to Windows and Mac OS computers as a removable disk for transferring files. The camera is compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, as well as Mac OS 10.5 or higher (except Power PC).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.