Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
16.3-megapixel digital camera with 21X optical zoom and Wi-Fi® (White)
Item # 305WB800FW | MFR # EC-WB800FBPWUS
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Samsung WB800F by Crutchfield's David Brown
Easy to shoot, easy to share
Samsung has made it easier than ever to capture great photos, add artistic touches, and share them with friends and family. The WB800F may be compact, but its retractable 21X optical zoom lens lets you get incredibly close to subjects you may think are out of range. And the backlit sensor means poor lighting doesn't have to keep your photos from being bright and detailed. Whether you're shooting candid portraits of friends or recording HD video of your kids, lots of cool on-board editing features let you have fun experimenting with background templates or copying parts of one photo to a new photo.
Email, upload, and back up directly from your camera
Samsung has equipped the WB800F with an impressive array of wireless photo sharing options. The Direct Link button gives you easy instant access to your Wi-Fi network. Once connected, you can upload photos directly to social networking sites, email them to friends and family right from the camera, view them on a networked TV, or send them to your smartphone, tablet or PC for even more options. Worried about losing photos before you get around to backing them up? Then turn on AutoShare, which automatically sends photos to your Wi-Fi connected smartphone or tablet right after you snap the shot.
Touchscreen and button controls
With the ability to email photos from the WB800F, you may wonder how long it would take to enter a long email address using the rear-panel navigation buttons. It would likely be tedious, which is why Samsung incorporated a touchscreen LCD into this camera's design. That way, you can enter email addresses just as you would on a smartphone. There are also traditional menu buttons as well as a shooting mode dial, letting you quickly choose between auto or manual exposure modes.
Point and shoot
michelle, saipan mp,96950
What's in the Box:
- Digital camera (white)
- SLB-10A Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.7V 1030mAh 3.81Wh)
- AD5055 AC adapter (DC output: 5V 550mA)
- 20" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro USB connector on other end)
- Wrist strap
- Quick Start Guide
- Samsung International Warranty Certificate
- Product Registration sheet
- 16.3-megapixel effective recording backlit CMOS sensor
- 21X optical zoom lens (5X digital zoom)
- records photos and video onto optional SD, SDHC, or SDXC memory cards
- 3" LCD touchscreen (460,000 dots)
- 35mm equivalent lens focal length: 23-483mm
- built-in Wi-Fi for easy wireless sharing of photos
- email photos and upload to social networking sites directly from the camera
- optical image stabilization minimizes blur
- high-definition movie mode (up to 1080p resolution)
- Live Panorama captures 360-degree views by holding down the shutter button and sweeping the camera
- 3" touchscreen display for intuitive menu navigation and easy email address entry
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, and manual exposure modes
- send images wirelessly to Smart TVs via DLNA or Wi-Fi Direct
- AutoShare automatically backs up your images wirelessly to a Wi-Fi connected smartphone or tablet
- Best Face uses facial recognition and a rapid burst of photos to let you choose a subject's best facial expression for your photo
- Dual Capture mode records HD video and still pictures simultaneously
- built-in tilting flash
Connections and Dimensions:
- micro HDMI output (cable not included)
- high-speed USB interface
- 4-3/8"W x 2-11/16"H x 1-7/16"D
- weight: 8.5 oz. (with battery and memory card)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- rechargeable lithium ion battery and AC charging adapter
- USB cable
- wrist strap
Samsung WB800F Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||23-483mm|
|Sensor Size||1/2.3" CMOS|
|Highest Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||8.5|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
3" LCD Touch Screen Monitor: The Samsung WB800F digital camera has a 3" color TFT LCD touch screen monitor with 460,000 dots. The monitor features the Hybrid Touch User Interface, which lets you navigate controls and menus, enter text, and sort through photos by touching and swiping the screen. The monitor's brightness can be set to Normal, Dark, Bright, or Auto.
Recording Media: The Samsung WB800F digital camera can record still images and video onto SD cards (up to 2 GB) SDHC cards (up to 32 GB), or SDXC cards (up to 64 GB). Larger card sizes are not guaranteed by Samsung. No memory cards are included with the camera. In addition, the camera has a 9.5MB internal memory to store a few photos when the memory card is not inserted.
Built-in Wi-Fi: The WB800F has built-in Wi-Fi, which lets you instantly share your photos wirelessly from your home network or a public Wi-Fi hotspot. You can also send photos or videos to your smartphone. For more details, see the section on Built-in Wi-Fi below.
Image Recording Formats: The digital camera records still images in JPEG format. High Definition movies are recorded at 30 fps in MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) format with AAC audio.
Image Sensor: The Samsung WB800F digital camera is equipped with a 1/2.3" BSI (Back Side Illuminated) CMOS image sensor with a total pixel count of approximately 17 megapixels and an effective pixel count of approximately 16.3 megapixels for high quality still images and video.
Image Sizes: The camera can record JPEG still images in a 3:2, 4:3, 1:1, or 16:9 aspect ratio with three compression ratio settings (Super Fine, Fine, and Normal). HD and SD movies can be recorded in MPEG-4 (H.264) up to 20 minutes in length. The camera offers the following still image and movie sizes:
|Photo Size||Resolution||Aspect Ratio|
|16M||4608 x 3456||4:3|
|14M||4608 x 3072||3:2|
|12M||4608 x 2592||16:9|
|10M||3648 x 2736||4:3|
|8M||2832 x 2832||1:1|
|5M||2592 x 1944||4:3|
|3M||1984 x 1488||4:3|
|2M||1920 x 1080||16:9|
|1M||1024 x 768||4:3|
|Movie Size||Resolution||Aspect Ratio|
|Full HD||1920 x 1080||16:9|
|HD||1280 x 720||16:9|
|VGA||640 x 480||4:3|
|QVGA||320 x 240||4:3|
|240 WEB||320 x 240||4:3|
Lens: The WB800F digital camera features a 21x optical zoom Samsung lens with a focal length of 4.1 to 86.1.0 mm (35mm equivalent is 23-483mm). The f-stop range is f/2.8 (W) - 5.9 (T).
Intelli Zoom: Beyond the optical zoom, the camera offers Intelli Zoom. Photo resolution varies according to the zoom rate, resulting in photos with less deterioration than Digital zoom. Using both the Optical and Intelli Zoom, you can zoom in up to 42x.
Digital Zoom: In addition to the 21x optical zoom, the camera provides a 5x digital zoom for a total zoom of 105x for still picture shooting.
Focus Modes: The Samsung WB800F offers the following focus modes and the focusing range:
- Normal: 31" to infinity (W), 11.5' to infinity (T)
- Macro: 4" to 31" (W), 4.92' to 11.5' (T)
- Auto Macro: 4" to infinity (W), 4.92' to infinity (T)
- Manual Focus: 4" to infinity (W), 4.92' to infinity (T)
Focusing Area: You can select your preferred auto focus area:
- Center AF: the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor will be focused
- Multi AF: camera selects one or more of the 9 AF points
- Tracking AF: you can focus on your subject and track them as they move within the frame.
Face Detection: With the Face Detection feature, the camera detects faces in a scene and then automatically focuses and optimizes the brightness of the face for beautiful portrait pictures. Using Face Detection, you can capture a self-portrait or a smile shot, or prevent closed eyes by using blink detection (automatically takes 2 additional photos).
Best Face: The Best Face mode lets you capture multiple photos and replace faces to create the best possible image. In a group photo, you can use Best Face to select the best image for each individual in the photo. The camera captures 5 photos consecutively, and the first photo is set as the background image.
Magic Plus: The Magic Plus feature lets you capture photos with various effects:
- My Magic Frame: You can make part of the photo transparent, then capture a new photo within the transparent area.
- Split Shot: Lets you capture several photos and arrange them with preset layouts.
- Motion Photo: Capture and combine a series of photos, then select an area to be animated to create a GIF animation.
- Photo Filter: Apply various filter effects to your photos to create unique images. Select from: Miniature, Vignetting, Ink Painting, Oil Painting, Cartoon, Cross Filter, Sketch, Soft Focus, Fish-eye, Classic, Retro, and Zooming shot.
- Movie Filter: Apply effects to your videos: Palette Effect 1-2-3-4, Miniature, Vignetting, Sketch, Fish-eye, Classic, and Retro.
Drive Modes: The camera offers four drive modes to suit your shooting needs:
- Single: Takes one picture only.
- Timer: The camera takes a photo after a 2-second or 10-second delay.
- Burst Mode: You can capture up to 6 photos in succession in a burst mode, at either 8 fps or 3 fps.
- AE Bracket: Takes three pictures in a series with different exposure settings: normal exposure, underexposed, and overexposed.
Recording Mode: The WB800F offers various recording modes to choose from to match your shooting preference:
- Smart Auto: The camera automatically chooses the appropriate camera settings based on a detected type of scene. It will automatically select one of the 20 scene modes which best suits the environment you are shooting in.
- Program: Select this mode to manual configure all functions of the camera, except the aperture value and shutter speed.
- Aperture Priority: The camera selects a shutter speed based on the aperture value you have set manually.
- Shutter Priority: The camera selects an aperture value based on the shutter speed you have set manually.
- Manual: Adjust various camera settings including shutter speed and aperture value.
- Movie Mode: While shooting a movie, you can customize the settings.
- Smart Mode: In Smart Mode, the camera automatically configures the optimal settings for a variety of shooting situations, including Beauty Face, Continuous Shot, Landscape, Macro, Action Freeze, Rich Tones, Panorama, Waterfall, Silhouette, Sunset, Low Light Shot, Fireworks, and Light Trace.
Exposure Compensation: This camera automatically adjusts the exposure according the ambient light conditions. You can also select the exposure value from +2.0EV to -2.0EV in steps of 1/3EV.
Metering Mode: If you cannot obtain suitable exposure conditions, you can change the camera's metering method to take brighter pictures. You can choose from 3 modes:
- Multi: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. This is suitable for general use.
- Spot: Only the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor will be metered for light. This is suitable when the subject in the center is exposed correctly, regardless of the back lighting.
- Center Weighted: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. However, the calculation will be biased towards the center of the image area. This is suitable for taking a picture of small objects like a flower or insects.
Built-in Flash: The Samsung digital camera features a built-in flash with a variable range based on the auto focus mode. The flash has a range of 11.81" to 13.12' (W) and 19.69" to 6.23' (T). Recharging time is approximately 4 seconds. You can choose from the following flash modes: Smart Auto, Auto, Fill-in, Slow Sync, Red-eye Reduction, Red-eye Fix, and Flash Off.
White Balance: The white balance control allows you to adjust the colors to appear more natural. The camera has seven white balance modes: Auto WB, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent H, Fluorescent L, Tungsten, Custom Set, and Color Temp.
ISO Sensitivity: You can select the ISO sensitivity when taking pictures. The speed or specific light-sensitivity of a camera is rated by ISO numbers. A higher ISO setting allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. The camera features the following ISO settings - Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, and 3200.
Instant Sharing: When you are connected to a WLAN, you can instantly upload photos and videos to photo or video sharing websites, social networks like Facebook, cloud-based services, such as Microsoft SkyDrive, or email them directly from the camera.
AllShare Play: Samsung AllShare Play lets you seamlessly share your content across your DLNA-connected Samsung devices, without the need for a network, cables, or a connecting device.
Auto Backup: The Auto Backup feature allows you to wirelessly transfer and store your photos and videos on your PC with the touch of a button. Once the files are backed up to your computer, you can delete them from the camera's memory card, and resume shooting. The built-in i-Launcher software (Windows OS only) must be installed on your PC in order to take advantage of this feature.
Smart Camera App: The Samsung Smart Camera App for smart devices such as phones and tablets features three applications in one:
- Remote Viewfinder: With this feature, you can use your smartphone as a remote shutter release when connected via a WLAN. In addition to focusing and capturing the photo, you can control the flash, self-timer, photo size, saving location, and the zoom ratio.
- AutoShare: The AutoShare feature lets you immediately save a photo automatically to your smart device automatically via Wi-Fi.
- MobileLink: The MobileLink feature lets you select and transfer photos and videos from the camera to your smartphone. The files can be viewed and selected using the camera or the smartphone.
Direct Link: The WB800F has a Direct Link hot key which enables the camera's built-in wireless functionality to allow you to upload photos to social networking sites, as well as sync your camera to other smart devices, such as TVs, phones, and tablets. You can also transfer your files to your computer using the Direct Link.
Compatibility: Wi-Fi features, such as AutoShare, MobileLink, and Remote Viewfinder, are compatible with Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 4.3 or higher, and with Android devices, including Galaxy series smart phones and Galaxy Tab models, runnning the Android 2.2 OS. The Samsung Smart Camera app should be installed on the above devices in order to use these features. The Smart Camera app is only compatible with Samsung camera models manufactured in 2013 or later.
Quick View: If you enable the Quick View function before capturing an image, you can view the image you just captured on the camera's LCD monitor.
Thumbnail Playback: You can view multiple pictures (12 or 24) on the LCD monitor at once. Using the zoom lever, you can increase or decrease the number of thumbnail images shown on the monitor at once.
Slide Show: Images can be displayed continuously, at intervals of 1, 3, 5, or 10 seconds, with various slide-show effects on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offer pre-recorded background music to play along with your still image slide show.
Image Zoom: A single image can be zoomed in up to 9.4x (depending on the image size) for a closer look. Once the image is zoomed in, you can pan around to different areas of the image.
Movie Playback: You can playback a movie clip on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offers basic playback functions such as Play, Pause, Scan backward, and Scan Forward. Each time you touch the Scan Backward or Scan Forward icon, you change the scan speed from 2x to 4x to 8x. You can also adjust the volume level of the playback audio.
Edit: The Samsung WB800F digital camera offers various editing features so you can manipulate your pictures right from the camera once they have been recorded.
- Resize: You can change the resolution (size) of a pictures taken to a smaller size.
- Crop Portraits: You can extract and save close-up portraits automatically from landscape shot.
- Image Rotation: You can rotate and image 360-degrees in 90-degree increments.
- Image Adjust: You can adjust the following elements of
a recorded image:
- ACB (Auto Contrast Balance): You can automatically adjust the brightness of the dark area of a recorded image, caused by under exposure to the light source.
- Red-Eye Fix: The red-eye effect can be removed from a captured image.
- Face Retouch: You can make the skin in a recorded image appear more clear and beautiful.
PictBridge (1.0) Printing Capability: Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect this camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer. PictBridge is a new standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge compliant camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
HDMI: The Samsung WB800F is equipped with a Micro HDMI (Type D) connection for playing back photos and videos on an HDTV. The output resolution can be set to 1080i, 720p, or 480p. If you have a Samsung HDTV with Anynet + (CEC), you can control the camera with the TV's remote control.
A/V-USB: The WB800F features a single proprietary connection which allows you to connect the camera to your computer or your TV. Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect the camera to your computer to transfer photos and videos. To connect to your TV, you'll need an optional A/V cable. The video output can be set to NTSC or PAL.
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery: The Samsung WB800F comes supplied with a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (SLB-10A) which provides up to 280 still image shots, 140 minutes of still image recording, or 100 minutes of video recording. The supplied AC adapter and USB cable charges the Lithium-Ion battery in approximately 240 minutes. Charging via your computer's USB takes longer.
Auto Power Off: This function switches the camera off after a set amount of time (of no operation) in order to prevent unnecessary battery drainage. The camera can be set to turn off after 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes of no operation.
File Transfer: You can connect the WB800F to your computer as a removable disk in order to transfer still image and video files from the camera to the computer. When the camera is first connected, the built-in i-Launcher software will launch. You can select the files you want to transfer and save them to the computer. i-Launcher is compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP (SP2). When you connect the camera to a Mac computer (running OS 10.5 or later), it automatically recognizes the device, and lets you transfer files directly.
i-Launcher: The i-Launcher software contains three programs that can be used with the camera: Multimedia Viewer, Firmware Upgrade, and PC Auto Backup. For Mac computers, only Firmware Upgrade and PC Auto Backup are available for use.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
Timer: The camera takes a photo after a 2-second or 10-second delay. [ Jeff Apr 14, 2014 ] Staff