Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Protect your broadband Internet connection
Item # 319DBP100 | MFR # DBP-100
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the DataBreaker DBP-100 by Crutchfield's Tara W.
A high-speed Internet connection lets you make more of your time online, but it also leaves your computer vulnerable to viruses and spyware. The DataBreaker helps you keep your system more secure by disabling your broadband connection while you're away from your desk. There's no software to install the DataBreaker senses when your monitor enters "sleep" mode and disconnects your computer from the Internet accordingly. If you plan on downloading larger files, use the included wired remote to override the Databreaker's protection circuitry, and you can leave your computer for extended periods without breaking your connection.
What's in the Box:
- Databreaker module
- 6' Ethernet cable
- Remote On/Off switch with attached 4' cord using a single male minijack connector
- "Using DataBreaker for Desktops" instruction sheet
- "Using DataBreaker for Laptops" instruction sheet
- automatically disables your wired broadband Internet connection while your monitor is in "sleep" mode
- connects to computer, monitor, and modem or router
- compatible with external CRT and LCD monitors
- works with PCs and Macs
- LED lights display Internet status
- includes 6' Ethernet cable and wired remote
- 3-3/8"W x 3-3/8"H x 1-7/16"D
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The DataBreaker DBP-100 uses a built-in sensor to detect when your computer monitor enters the sleep mode. DataBreaker recognizes this as system inactivity and temporarily breaks the Internet connection, making the computer and personal information invisible to hackers. As soon as computer activity is resumed, DataBreaker instantly restores the connection. A manual override switch is included to support the downloading of large files, even if the monitor has entered its sleep mode. You can now leave your computer unattended for hours at a time and DataBreaker will automatically protect your system and personal information from intrusion.
Compatibility: The DataBreaker DBP-100 works with cable modem and DSL connections and is compatible with PC and Mac Desktops using external CRT and LCD monitors as well as PC and Mac Laptops. The DataBreaker is also compatible with your router.
Note: The DBP-100 is not designed for wireless connections.
Override Switch: The DataBreaker includes a wired remote manual override switch to turn its protection off even when your computer's or laptop's displayis off for uninterrupted use of your computer during downloading of large files, listening to streaming music online, using Voice over IP or connecting over a VPN (Virtual Private Network). The switch is attached to a 4 foot cable that plugs into the DBP-100 via a 3.5mm minijack plug. The switch allows you turn the unit On or Off.
LED Indicators: The override switch and the Databreaker module each have a LED indicator. The LED indicator on the Databreaker and the LED indicator on the override switch will illuminate red when the unit is On and is protecting your computer. The LED on the Databreaker will turn green and the LED on the switch will turn off when the Databreaker is off and it is no longer protecting your computer.
Databreaker Module Connections: The following connections are found on the DataBreaker module.
- Three Prong Male AC Plug: The DataBreaker DBP-100 plugs directly into your AC wall outlet.
- Three Prong Female AC Input: Your computer monitor's AC plug connects directly into the DBP-100.
- Ethernet In/Out: The DBP-100 features two Ethernet ports. One port is used to connect from your modem into the DataBreaker module and the other Ethernet port is used to connect from the DataBreaker to your Desktop or Laptop. A single 6 foot Ethernet cable is provided.
- 3.5 Minijack: The DataBreaker features a single female 3.5 minijack input for connecting the wired remote manual override switch.
Override Switch: The Override switch consists of an On and Off switch and a 4' cord with a male 3.5mm minijack connector which plugs into the DataBreaker's minijack input.
- Width: 3.363" (not including three prong plug), 4.105" (including three prong plug)
- Height: 3.359" (not including cable connections), 4.621" (including cable connections)
- Depth: 1.412"
- Width: 1.043"
- Height: 2.364"
- Depth: 1.095"
- Cable Length: 4'
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.