Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bluetooth® noise-canceling headphones
Watch a product review
Crutchfield: Parrot Zik Bluetooth Headphones
From Parrot: This is Zik
From Parrot: Zik Demo
Item # 333ZIK | MFR # ZIK Headphones
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Parrot Zik by Crutchfield's David Brown
Smart 'phones for your smartphone
You may not be familiar with Parrot, a French company that has quickly become a leader in wireless technology for cars. Now they have used their Bluetooth expertise to create a uniquely powerful set of headphones that have us very excited. The Parrot Zik are as stylish as they are versatile, offering more features than just about any headphone we've seen.
The earcup is a touch panel
Naturally, the Zik offers wireless connection with your compatible Bluetooth phone for simple hands-free calls and music streaming. What makes the Zik unique is how you control those functions. The right earcup features a touch panel — no buttons, dials or knobs — so you can answer calls or skip tracks with the swipe of a finger. The touch panel offers the same functionality as an in-line remote, except with the same intuitive ease as your smartphone's touchscreen.
Sure, we'll take active noise-cancelation too
Bluetooth headphones need built-in microphones for phone calls. So why not use them to cancel out external noise as well? That's what Parrot does with the Zik, further enhancing the versatility of these smart headphones. Take them on the plane to minimize engine noise or to the office to block out your coworkers' conversations so you can focus on the job. You can use the noise-canceling and Bluetooth functions simultaneously, independently, or not at all. So if you're ever stuck with a drained battery, just plug in the supplied cable to enjoy passive listening, no battery required. Although, the included USB cable makes recharging a snap with any computer.
The Parrot Zik's right earcup features a touch panel for simple swipe and touch control of music and call functions.
Get the sound just right with the Parrot Audio Suite
Sure these headphones perform a lot of tasks. But what about sound quality? The Zik leaves that up to you, with a host of options for customizing the sound to your own taste. Download the free Parrot Audio Suite app for Apple and Android™ and use it to tweak the Zik's configuration. You'll definitely want to try the Concert Hall Effect, which lets you control Parrot's digital sound processor to simulate various listening environments, the kind of technology usually reserved for A/V surround receivers. The app also includes graphic EQ, so you can bump up the bass or tone down the high frequencies.
Oh, there's one more thing…
Actually, there are several more interesting things about these headphones: touch pairing with NFC-compatible devices; a jawbone sensor for enhanced voice clarity; and a motion sensor that pauses your music or transfers calls to your mobile phone when you remove the headphones. With so many features and such sharp looks, the Parrot Zik might just be a bargain.
Bring your iPad and iPhone to a new level with these ear cans. Wireless, touch control, noise cancellation, Blue Tooth, what more could you ask for.?..oh... and Great Sound. The free app is easy to use and spot on!
Guruvey, Chesapeake, VA
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth noise-canceling headphones
- Lithium-Ion battery (3.7V/800mAh)
- 51" Audio cable (with straight 3.5mm miniplug on one end and an angled 3.5mm miniplug on the other end)
- 40" USB charging cable (with Type A USB on one end and a microUSB on the other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Black cloth pouch
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity for wireless phone calls and music playback
- streams audio via A2DP from compatible mobile phones and music players
- touch panel on earcup for swipe control of music playback and call functions
- built-in motion detector pauses music or switches call to your smartphone when you remove headphones
- active noise-cancelation blocks out external noise
- built-in microphones on earcups for clear phone conversations
- built-in sensor captures jawbone vibration to enhance voice quality for phone calls
- free Parrot Audio Suite for Apple and Android allows mobile device to adjust settings and customize sound (firmware update required)
- battery life:
- with all features activated: 6 hours
- with active noise-canceling only: 18 hours
- standby mode: 24 hours
- passive listening available with included cable (Bluetooth, noise cancelation and touch panel functions require unit to be powered on)
- frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 110 dB
- impedance: 32 ohms
- weight: 11.46 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 51" miniplug cable included for wired listening
- rechargeable lithium-ion battery (removable)
- micro USB cable included for charging battery and updating firmware
- protective pouch
Parrot Zik Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||2.929" x 3.7"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||10-20k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Parrot Zik headphones have built-in Bluetooth and noise-canceling technology. An advanced capacitive touch control panel on the outside of the earcups let you change music tracks, raise and lower volume, and answer and disconnect phone calls. The Zik comes with a rechargeable battery to power the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC). A special Parrot app on your smartphone lets you fine tune the sound of your headphones. The headphones include an audio cable with a 3.5mm plug, as well as a microUSB charging cable. A plush cloth pouch lets you store your headphones and cables when not in use.
Bluetooth: The Parrot Zik is equipped with Bluetooth 2.1, allowing you to wirelessly carry on telephone conversations on your Bluetooth mobile phone as well as listen to music on Bluetooth audio players. The headphones have NFC (Near Field Communications) technology that allows you to quickly pair NFC-equipped smartphones by touching them to the left earcup. The Zik cannot pair more than one device simultaneously.
Touch Control: The outer surface of the right earcup contains an advanced capacitive touch sensitive panel with intuitive controls. To raise and lower the volume, you simply slide your finger vertically along the panel. To change the music track, just slide your finger forward (next track) or backward (previous track) along the panel. A similar side-to-side motion lets you switch between two active calls when in telephone mode. A simple tap of the panel lets you answer or hang up a call; touching and holding the panel rejects an incoming call. A built-in motion detector can also tell when you put on and take off the headphones, and can help control music playback. While listening to music, you can pause playback by simply taking the headphones off your ears. (Tapping the panel also pauses playback.) You can place the headphones back on your head to start the music playing again.
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC): Equipped with two internal, two external microphones, and a bone conduction sensor, the Parrot Zik's Active Noise Cancellation technology can reduce ambient noise by up to 25dB. ANC cancels out nearly all external noise so your calls and music are crystal clear.
Battery: The Parrot Zik is powered by a 3.7-volt, 800mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The battery is charged via USB with the supplied microUSB cable. A fully-charged battery can give you approximately 6 hours of battery life with all features activated, 18 hours with ANC only, and about 24 hours of standby time. Even if the battery is exhausted, you can still listen to your music with the supplied 51" audio cable.
Design: The Zik headphones have an around-the-ear design, closed back, and soft, plush leatherette ear pads. The aluminum alloy head rails let the earcups swivel out to store flat. The strong neodymium drivers can provide plenty of power behind your music.
Parrot Audio Suite App: The Parrot Audio Suite is a free downloadable application for Android and iPhone/iPod, dedicated to the Parrot Zik. The app allows you to easily configure your music/phone interface with the following pages:
- Active Noise Canceling: You can switch on or off the ANC directly through the Zik menu.
- Parrot Concert Hall: The Concert Hall audio effect allows you to simulate a musical sound field. You can select one of four zones (Silent Room, Living Room, Jazz Club, Concert Hall) to configure the perceived depth of sound. You can also adjust the orientation of the virtual loudspeakers for different effects.
- Equalizer: The app's 7-band parametric equalizer has 7 presets (Flat, Pop, Club, Punchy, Deep, Crystal, and User) so you can adjust the frequencies to the style of music you're listening to. You can adjust each band (60 Hz, 150 Hz, 400 Hz, 1 kHz, 2.4 kHz, 6 kHz, and 15 kHz) from -12dB to +12dB, and save it under the User preset.
- System: The system page displays the current user name of the app, the device's current software version, any available firmware updates, and the application version.
- Battery Level: You can quickly check the level of the Zik's battery, and whether or not it is charging.
- Helpdesk: The helpdesk lets you troubleshoot the performance of the headphones, as well as direct you to a dedicated page on music playback, telephone performance, and instructions on the Parrot Audio Suite.
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 20kHz
- Sound Pressure Level: 110dB
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Dimensions: Earcups: Width=2.929", Height=3.7", Depth=1.655"
- Weight: 11.46 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
I"ve paired mine to a older ipod with a seperate bluetooth transmitter. I don't see why you can't provided you have a bluetooth connector for the ziks. I don't have a wifi tv but if you can pair them to the tv it should work. Theorectically. [ CALVIN Nov 13, 2014 ]
That's a great question and one that occurred to me as well. Since I haven't tried it yet, I do not know. But I will check it out tomorrow (Friday) after work, should be early afternoon, and then comment further. Thanks [ Annetta Nov 13, 2014 ]
If the transmitter is connected to the audio it may work. I have not used the headphones for that application. Overall, they are great headphones though! [ BRYAN Nov 13, 2014 ]
I have not tried , but if your tv can search for Bluetooth devices, then it can pair. It will pair with my laptop and of course my phone. Great Headphones.....use them 5 hours a day [ RYAN Nov 13, 2014 ]
Yes you can Connect to any Bluetooth Device [ ANTHONY Nov 13, 2014 ]
I've easily paired my Zik headphones with my iPad, my iPhone, and my computers. I haven't had any problems and the sound quality is great. Although I don't have a bluetooth transmitter I would expect that to work as well. [ Alan Nov 13, 2014 ]
Yes you should be able connect a transmitter to your a/v receiver or headphone jack. With a a/v receiver you would be able to use an eq if needed. [ DANIEL J Nov 13, 2014 ]
You can, though it's not always perfect. First of all, you'll need to make sure your TV has bluetooth, which you can find out online. Assuming your TV or computer do have blutooth, you'd be able to pair the headphones with them as you would with anything else. The only drawback is that there is sometimes (not always) a slight lag time between when someone is speaking on the screen, and the signal being processed by the headphones. It's a small lag (maybe 1/3 a second) but it is noticeable. With that said, I still use mine to watch TV, and they're hands down the best headphones I've ever warn or tested. [ ANN Nov 13, 2014 ]
I've had no problem pairing with different devices but have not tried to pair with a tv that way. [ STEVEN I Nov 13, 2014 ]
i don't know. sorry [ DONALD K Nov 13, 2014 ]