In-ceiling stereo-input speaker with dipole surround sound mode
Our take on the Dynaudio S4-DVC65 by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Stereo playback from a single speaker
Dynaudio has a repertoire of high-end, traditional "box" speakers for the home. But they also have cool "problem-solver" models too, like the in-ceiling S4-DVC65. This stereo-input speaker uses a dual-tweeter, dual-voice-coil design, so it can play both channels of a stereo signal all by itself.
It's perfect for kitchens, small bedrooms, or any other room that you want music from a single in-ceiling location.
Dynaudio's dual-tweeter design reproduces both the left and right channels of your stereo music sources with a single speaker.
Flexible drivers adapt to your room
The S4-DVC65's uses two 1-1/8" soft dome tweeters and Dynaudio's 6-1/2" MSP (Magnesium Silicate Polymer) woofer for natural, full-range sound. These drivers are angled at 18° — and each tweeter is independently adjustable — so you can aim them wherever you want for the best sound.
You can also rotate this speaker 360° in its frame. If you rearrange your décor down the road, you can easily change the direction your speaker fires.
Ideal for music and movies
The S4-DVC65 is most commonly used as a traditional stereo-input speaker for music. You can toggle between "stereo" and "mono" modes for system-building flexibility.
There's also a rear-panel switch which lets you change it to "dipole mode" for use as a surround sound speaker. This setting puts the tweeters out of phase with each other, giving you a diffuse soundfield — perfect for immersive sound effects.
Build a complete custom-installed Dynaudio system
Mix and match Dynaudio Architectural Studio Series speakers for voice-matched sound.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included round or square magnetic grille to blend in with your décor.
Founded in 1977, Dynaudio is one of the world's premiere speaker companies. Their wide range of speakers for home, car, and pro audio applications are the result of a unique combination of innovative driver technology, state-of-the-art manufacturing, and true hand-craftsmanship. Dynaudio designs and builds all of its drivers at the company's HQ in Skanderborg, Denmark.
- stereo-input speaker plays both the left and right channels of the stereo mix
- rear-panel "dipole mode" switch for use as a surround sound speaker
- 18°-angled drivers direct sound toward your listening position
- speaker rotates 360° within its frame, allowing you to easily reposition it within your room
- dual 1-1/8" soft dome tweeters
- tweeters are aimable to direct high-frequency details towards you
- two-position tweeter level control cuts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- stereo and mono modes allow for additional system flexibility
- 6-1/2" MSP (Magnesium Silicate Polymer) cone woofer
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 83.5 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms nominal (each input)
- recommended amplifier power: 50 watts each channel
- unobtrusive frame and low-profile grille for discreet installation
- uniquely designed baffle latches offer quick and simple tool-free mounting
- includes round and square paintable magnetic steel grilles
- cutout diameter: 8-1/4"
- mounting depth: 6-5/8"
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Power Range (Watts)||50|
|Bi-Amp Inputs||Stereo input|
Frequently Compared With
In-ceiling stereo-input speaker with dipole surround sound mode$699.99 each
Polk Audio RC80i
Polk Audio 90-RT
Extreme climate in-ceiling speaker$350.00 each