Our take on the Dynaudio S4-W65 by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
High-end in-wall sound
Dynaudio creates a suite of superb speakers for homes, cars, and recording studios. They also apply their design expertise to in-wall speakers as well, like the S4-W65. The result is crystal-clear sound that doesn't take up any floor space in your room.
Use the Dynaudio S4-W65 in-wall speaker as part of a high-end, clutter-free home theater system.
Tried and true driver technology
The S4-W65's 6-1/2" woofer uses Dynaudio's Magnesium Silicate Polymer (MSP) cone material, which combines low mass and high rigidity. This design allows the woofers to respond quickly and accurately to the dynamic peaks in the music.
The MSP cone is molded in one geometrically perfect piece, which helps to optimize sound dispersion. It also eliminates the need for a separate dust cap, further enhancing the cone's structural integrity.
The S4-W65 uses a 1-1/8" soft-dome tweeter for smooth, natural highs.
Ideal for music and movies
The S4-W65 is a great choice for a high-end in-wall stereo system. Or you can use three of these speakers across the front channels of your home theater system, since they can be installed horizontally or vertically. You'll enjoy rich, full-bodied sound with all of your favorite entertainment.
Build a complete custom-installed Dynaudio system
Mix and match additional Architectural Studio Series speakers for a stealthy home theater system.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-wall speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grille to blend in with your décor.
Founded in 1977, Dynaudio is one of the world's premiere speaker companies. Their wide range of speakers for home, car, and pro audio applications are the result of a unique combination of innovative driver technology, state-of-the-art manufacturing, and true hand-craftsmanship. Dynaudio designs and builds all of its drivers at the company's HQ in Skanderborg, Denmark.
- ideal for a high-end in-wall music or home theater system
- 1-1/8" soft dome tweeter
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to suit your room's acoustics
- 6-1/2" MSP (Magnesium Silicate Polymer) cone woofer
- frequency response: 55-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 87.5 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 50 watts
- unobtrusive frame and low-profile grille for discreet installation
- uniquely designed baffle latches offer quick and simple tool-free mounting
- paintable magnetic steel grille
- cutout dimensions: 6-15/16"W x 10-7/8"H
- overall dimensions: 7-3/4"W x 11-11/16"H x 3-9/16"D
- designed, engineered, and assembled in Denmark
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Cutout Size||6.88 x 10.83|
|Power Range (Watts)||50|