Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Magellan Maestro 3140
Portable car navigation system with Bluetooth®
Item #: 360M3140
This item is no longer available.
Magellan Maestro 3140
Our take on the Magellan Maestro 3140 by Crutchfield's Dominic Devito
Magellan's Maestro 3140 portable navigator gives you a powerful combination of guidance and communication so you can travel with confidence. Use the newly-designed interface on the 3.5" touchscreen display to find detailed maps of the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, along with the 4.5 million preloaded points of interest.
Enter your destination and follow along on the display in 2-D or 3-D map mode as the voice prompts alert you to upcoming maneuvers. The Maestro 3140 uses text-to-speech technology to speak actual street names at turns you'll hear "turn left at Valley Road" instead of "take next left" so you can pay attention to the road instead of the screen. Magellan's optional traffic-information receiver lets you receive real-time updates on congestion along your route.
Talk hands-free with Bluetooth
Built-in Bluetooth technology lets you dial and receive calls safely, and use your phone's address book while leaving your phone in your bag or pocket. The included AAA® features give you instant access to service details and recommended destinations from the leading travel resource. Just tap the screen for a quick connection to AAA Roadside Assistance or to dial ahead to select points of interest.
What's in the Box:
- Portable car navigation unit
- Cigarette lighter adapter with attached coiled cord (5 Volts DC/1 Amp)
- 51" USB cable with a USB Type A connector on one end and a Mini USB Version 2.0 connector on the other end
- Adjustable suction-cup mount
- Self-adhesive dash mount disc
- Alcohol Prep Pad
- Pre-injection cleansing swab
- "My Magellan Maestro 3140" CD-ROM
- Reference Card
- Contents card
- Warranty booklet
- "AAA" information sheet
- GPS satellite navigation unit with built-in antenna
- suction-cup windshield mount and dashboard disk
- headphone jack
- car power adapter, USB cable, and built-in rechargeable battery with 3 hours of life
- 3.5" color (320 x 240 pixels) touchscreen control
- 4.5 million points of interest
- internal flash memory preloaded with maps of the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico
- WAAS-enabled GPS receiver
- text-to-speech technology lets voice prompts announce road names over the built-in speaker
- multi-destination routing: select up to 20 destinations and route in a preferred order
- Bluetooth technology for making and receiving hands-free calls with your compatible cell phone
- SD card slot (supports up to 2GB)
- compatible with FM-TMC traffic-info service (additional receiver and subscription required)
Other features and specs:
- dimensions: 4-1/8"W x 3-3/8"H x 1-1/16"D
- weight: 6.5 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|Map Coverage||USA, Canada, Puerto Rico|
|Points of Interest||4500000|
|Multiple Destination Routing||---|
|Digital Audio Playback||---|
|Text To Speech||---|
|Dynamic Content Services||---|
|Removable Memory Type||SD/MMC card|
|Battery Life||3 Hours|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Magellan Maestro 3140 is a vehicle and portable navigation device that utilizes GPS signals from satellites to calculate your precise location and compute details about your destination travel. Once the Maestro 3140 locates your position and movement, it can then overlay this information onto detailed integrated NAVTEQ maps to provide you with visual representation of your location and destination route. Because the Maestro 3140 requires no installation, you can transfer the unit from one vehicle to another. The unit is made of high-impact plastic for added durability.
GPS Receiver: The Maestro 3140 is equipped with a WAAS/EGNOS-enabled, 20-channel SiRF Star III GPS receiver. It receives tracking signals from up to 20 satellites, updating your position once per second. With WAAS/EGNOS, it is accurate to 3-5 meters (10-16 feet), and with GPS only, less than 7 meters (15 feet).
Antenna: The portable navigation unit features an integrated multidirectional GPS antenna patch adding to its sleek design. There is no input for an external antenna.
Built-in Map: The Maestro 3140 comes preloaded with detailed maps of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada, enabling you to travel the country with no need to download new data.
Touchscreen Display: The unit features a large, anti-glare, 4:3 touchscreen 3.5" display with easy to use menus, maps and icons. The display's brightness can be adjusted for easy night and day time viewing.
Memory Card Slot: The Magellan Maestro 3140 features a memory card slot that will accept both SD-cards and Multimediacards. You can save custom POIs onto a memory card using the software found on the supplied CD-ROM through your PC and then load the memory card into the Maestro 3140. You can also backup data such as your Address Book to an inserted SD or MMC card. Once the data has been back up, it can be restored at any time.
Note: No memory card is included. When you restore from backed up data, address book and other data will be replaced with the restored data.
Turn-By-Turn Voice and Visual Guidance With SayWhere Text-To-Speech: The Maestro 3140 offers Turn-by-Turn visual guidance through it's 3.5" touchscreen display and voice guidance via its built-in speaker and headphone output. The unit will not only tell you when to make each turn but, it will also say the street name or exit you are turning onto.
On-Screen Keypad: The unit's on-screen keypad allows you to manually enter specific data, addresses and destination into the Magellan Maestro 3140.
QuickSpell: To help you make sure you enter in the correct destination, the Maestro 3140 will automatically correct spelling errors and complete your destination address. QuickSpell also uses information in the unit's database to limit the keys that need to be pressed to present only those which can access information in the database.
Main Menu: The Main Menu is the center for all the available function for the Magellan Maestro. The Main Menus consists of two screen pages with large and easy to access icons.
- Home: You can enter and save your home address so you can easily navigate to your home from another location.
- Enter Address: In this screen, addresses can be entered by first entering the city, zip code or by selecting a city from a list of cities you have already used as destinations.
- Intersection: You can create a route to a certain intersection by entering two intersecting streets.
- Address Book: You can create and store personal points of interest for easy reoccurring trips in the unit's Address Book. The Address Book can hold up to 200 addresses (50 of those being marked as favorites).
- Points Of Interest (POI): The Maestro 3140 offers 4.5 million points of interests to help you easily find gas stations, restaurants, ATMs, and more. You can search for POIs by entering the name or by selecting from a list of available categories and sub-categories. Additionally, POIs can be created and installed using the POI Manager CD-ROM software.
- Exit POIs: This feature provides a listing of restaurants, gas stations, auto repair shops or hotels near approaching freeway exits. You can select one of the POIs listed and create a route to it.
- Trip Planner: The Trip Planner menu allows you to create a route with multiple destinations. The navigation unit allows you to select up to 20 destinations in one route and lets you choose the order that best fits your needs.
- Roadside Assistance: This feature displays the Locate screen for easy access to information about your current position should you require assistance.
- AAA TourBook Guide Travel Information: The Maestro 3140 features integrated travel information from AAA TourBook guides that make it easy to locate AAA approved and rated lodgings, restaurants, recommended attractions, places to save money as well as automobile service and repair facilities.
- AAA Roadside Assistance: You can touch the tow truck icon on the main menu at any time to get your location details and contact number for AAA to quickly direct reliable AAA help to your location. You can use the unit's Bluetooth functionality and touchscreen with a compatible Bluetooth enabled mobile phone to dial for AAA assistance.
Map Screen Modes: There are two unique modes that the Map Screen can be displayed in - Normal and Routing.
- Normal: In Normal mode, your position is shown on the map along with the time and your speed. As you travel, your position will be updated, giving you a clear view of your position and surround streets.
- Routing: In Routing mode additional information is displayed, providing you with more detailed information about the route you have selected.
Map View Options: The portable GPS unit allows you to the following map views.
- 2D Map: Two dimensional view of map which displays the top of the screen in either the direction of your heading or direction pointing North.
- 3D Map: Three dimensional view of map which displays the top of the screen in the direction of your heading.
- TrueView: Three dimensional view of your next maneuver.
- SplitView: The unit's display is evenly divided into a two dimensional view of the map screen along with a three dimensional view of your next maneuver.
Current Location Screen: The Current Location screen displays approximate address information, the next and previous cross streets, as well as your latitude and longitude. To the right is a compass point in your direction of travel, calculated elevation and speed. The bottom bar of the screen displays the current time and date.
Maneuver List Screen: Each line of the Maneuver List screen provides details about the maneuvers in the order that they are to be made, with the next maneuver at the top. The bottom bar of the Maneuver List screen indicates the distance and time to the next maneuver as well as the total distance computed for the route. The Maneuver List can be modified if you want to exclude one of the maneuvers should you want to avoid traveling on of the streets listed.
GPS Status Screen: The GPS Status screen uses green bars to indicate that the Magellan Maestro 3140 is using certain GPS satellites to compute the position. Orange bars indicate that the Magellan Maestro 3140 is trying to lock onto a satellite signal and no bar shown indicates a satellite that is not being tracked. The longer the bars, the better the signal.
Zoom Level: There are 23 zoom level in the Magellan Maestro 3140, ranging from 100 feet to 1200 miles. You can select the appropriate zoom level that best suits your navigation needs.
Enhanced POIs With Alerts: Enhanced POs are points of interest that are user-created using the POI Manager software found on the supplied CD-ROM. After loading a POI file to an SD or MMC card and loading it in the Magellan Maestro 3140, you can route to those custom POIs quickly. An enhanced POI can also have an alarm attached that will alert you when you are in range set by "Alert Parameters".
- System Settings: The
Maestro 3140 offers the following System Settings.
- Volume: The unit's volume can be set at 7 different levels or muted completely.
- Brightness: The display has 7 levels of brightness to choose from.
- Auto Power Off: You can set the Maestro 3100 to shut down automatically after 10, 20, or 30 minutes of use if the location of the unit has not changed or the touchscreen hasn't been pressed.
- Time Zone: Allows you to select between various world time zones.
- Unit Of Measure: You can select for the unit to use measurements of Miles/Feet or Kilometers/Meters.
- Trip Computer: The Trip Computer records your average speed, the time in hours of the trip, the time in hours that you were driving, and the distance of the strip. This information can be saved to a file for easy access when the information is needed.
- POI Selection: You can use the POI Selection to set what categories of icons will be shown and which ones will be hidden on the Map screen.
- Detour Options: You can select you far the unit will calculate your detour from your original route.
- Simulator Mode: The Simulator mode offers the option of simulating movement on a route.
- Tone Options: This option provides a way of selecting the tone used to announce arrival at a maneuver or destination point.
Setting GPS Position: Setting a GPS position is useful if you are not getting satellite information quickly because the Magellan Maestro 3140 has traveled over 500 miles while turned off. Setting the GPS position will allow the Maestro 3140 to compute which satellites are available and calculate the position quicker.
Customizable Route Method: You can set the Maestro 3140 to calculate your route by Fastest Time, Shortest Distance, Less Freeways or More Freeways, or Avoid Toll Roads.
Route Exclusion: You can manually select streets and freeways to avoid to better customize your route.
Traffic Enabled With Optional TrafficKit: The Maestro 3140's optional traffic receiver accessory (sold separately) sends live traffic incident reports to the unit's interactive touch screen. The optional Magellan TrafficKit displays live traffic information about upcoming traffic incidents and reroutes you to avoid road incidents. It not only knows where traffic incidents are, but also can warn you of road closures, areas impacted by severe weather and more. A monthly or annual subscription fee is required for service.
Auto Night Map Display: In Auto Night Map Display mode the unit's map screen is displayed in pastel colors for daytime use and a black background for nighttime use.
Rechargeable Battery: The unit has a built-in Li-Ion rechargeable battery that offers up to 3 hours of continuous use. You can recharge the unit's built-in battery with the supplied vehicle power adapter, USB cable or optional AC adapter (sold separatley). The unit remains operable while using the supplied vehicle adapter or optional AC adapter but is not operable when connected via USB.
Mounting: The Maestro 3140 comes supplied with an adjustable arm that can be mounted to either the windshield, using a suction-cup mount, or dash of your vehicle, using the self-adhesive plastic disc.
Built-In Bluetooth: The Bluetooth function of the Magellan Maestro allows you to use the Magellan Maestro as a hands-free device for a Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer and dial your phone by using the Magellan Maestro 3140's touchscreen and talk and listen from your phone using the unit's built-in speaker and integrated microphone.
Note: Compatible Bluetooth mobile phone chart found out the following web-address: http://www.magellangps.com/products/bluetooth_maestro.asp
Address Book: The Maestro 3140 lets you download your compatible Bluetooth enabled mobile phone's address book wirelessly onto on the unit so you can easily access commonly used phone numbers.
Call History: The Call History feature gives you a listing of phone calls you have made, answered or missed in the past. You can search this saved history and dial out by selecting a phone number provided on the list.
Redial: This feature lets you redial the last phone call quickly and easily by just pressing one button on the touchscreen.
Minimum Requirements: In order to use the supplied CD-ROM, receive updates and connect the Maestro 3140 to your computer, the PC must meet the following minimum requirements:
- IBM-compatible PC, Pentium or higher
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP
- 128 MB RAM
- 700 MB (typical), 1.4 GB (full install) of available hard disc space
- SVGA (800x600) 16-bit color monitor
- CD-ROM drive
- USB port
Right Side Of Unit:
- Power: jack for use with the supplied DC power supply and AC adapter
- Headphone: 3.5mm mini-jack
- USB: mini USB Version 2.0 port that connects to your PC to upload Custom POIs or software updates (USB cable supplied)
Left Side Of Unit:
- Card Slot: SD or MultiMedia Card
- Reset Button: resets unit back to factory settings
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.