Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Sigma Photo 150mm f/2.8 Macro Lens
Light-gathering telephoto macro lens for full-frame and APS-C cameras (Nikon mount)
Item # 366106NA | MFR # 106-306
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sigma Photo 150mm f/2.8 Macro Lens by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
Stay out of their way
Who knew this column of ants you've been documenting was so touchy? One caterpillar strays into the path and the next thing you know it's being carried off with the stream. Better to get the dramatic close-ups from a little distance. This Sigma Photo 150mm f/2.8 macro telephoto is an excellent choice for getting great nature shots without spooking your subjects. With a nearly silent Hyper-Sonic Motor powering the precise autofocus, it'll almost be like you're not there.
It belongs in your camera bag too
While this macro lens is optimized for full-frame cameras, APS-C cameras can benefit as well. The focal length will increase by a factor of 1.5X on most APS-C cameras (1.6X on Canon's APS-C models), so this 150mm lens will have a 225mm equivalent length on many non-full-frame cameras. With three separate mountings to choose from, this lens has the versatility to find a home in almost any photographer's bag.
Carefully machined low-dispersion optical elements and proprietary coatings yield a lens that is sharp, clear, and free of artifacts like color fringing, ghosting, flaring, and distortion. And built-in optical stabilization reduces the effect of shaky hands on pictures with slower shutter speeds.
- Nikon bayonet mount
- 150mm f/2.8 Macro EX DG OS HSM APO telephoto lens with 35mm equivalent of 225mm on Nikon cameras with APS-C sensors
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) for fast, silent focusing
- Super Multi-Layer Coating minimizes reflections and flare
- ideal for close-up, nature/wildlife photography and available light shooting
- working distance: 7.6" from front of lens to subject at life-size (1:1) magnification
- focus range: 15" to infinity
- constructed of 19 elements in 13 groups
- filter size: 72mm
- lens is 3-1/8" in diameter, 5-15/16" long
- weight: 40.6 oz.
- tripod collar, carrying case, lens hood, front and rear lens caps supplied
- warranty: 4 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- This product is shipped directly from Sigma
- and not from Crutchfield's warehouse.
- According to Sigma
- the lens includes:
- 72mm Front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
- LH780--05 Lens hood
- HA780-01 Hood Adapter
- TS-21 Tripod socket
- Lens case
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||4 Years|
|Labor Warranty||4 Years|
Overview: The Sigma Macro 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM is designed for full frame cameras, but can also be used with smaller APS-C size image sensors (equivalent focal length: 225mm). The lens is recommended for photographing weddings and events, portraits, nature and wildlife, and Macro photography. This lens has the Nikon bayonet F-mount.
Sigma Technology: The lens has the following Sigma technology built-in:
- Low-Dispersion Glass: Sigma uses selected low-dispersion glass to correct chromatic aberration. Sigma uses Extra-Low Dispersion (ELD), Special Low Dispersion (SLD), and "F" Low Dispersion glass elements.
- Aspherical Lens: Aspherical lenses are used for outstanding optical performance and to keep the lenses compact.
- Super Multi-layer Coating: Sigma's own Super Multi-layer Coating suppresses lens flare and ghosting by preventing reflections within the lens.
- Optical Stabilizer (OS): Sigma's Optical Stabilizer technology uses two sensors to detect and compensate for camera shake. There are two OS modes: Mode 1 detects and corrects unwanted vertical and horizontal motion, and is ideal for shooting with the camera in a fixed position. Mode 2 is recommended for use when panning, detecting and correcting vertical motion only.
- Rounded Diaphragm: Using a rounded diaphragm instead of a polygonal shaped one produces pleasingly rounded out-of-focus light points when opened to near maximum aperture.
- Inner and Rear Focus: Sigma uses a focusing system that only moves elements within the lens barrel to avoid a changing barrel length as you focus.
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM): The Hyper Sonic Motor uses ultrasonic waves to drive the autofocus mechanism. This extremely quiet operation helps avoid disturbing photographic subjects, and isn't picked up by the microphone while recording video.
- Lens Construction: 19 Elements in 13 Groups
- Angle of View: 16.4°
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Maximum Aperture: F2.8
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 15"
- Filter Size: 72mm
- Maximum Magnifications: 1:1
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.1", Length=5.9"
- Weight: 40.6 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.