Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Sigma Photo 20mm f/1.8 EX DG ASP RF
Wide-angle prime lens for full-frame and APS-C sensor SLR cameras (Nikon mount)
Item # 366411NA | MFR # 411-306
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sigma Photo 20mm f/1.8 EX DG ASP RF by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
Get the big picture — indoors
Say you're at the society event of the season, and you've been asked to document the event. The locale? A large, high-ceilinged hotel ballroom downtown, complete with a stage that houses a 19-piece big band. Oh, yeah, it's also pretty dark. How do you show people the scope of the place? How do you show people having fun without putting a flash unit in their faces?
Time to consider one of the most light-sensitive wide-angle lenses available today: the Sigma Photo 20mm f/1.8 lens. With its wide aperture that's perfect for low-lit interiors, you'll be snapping away in seconds, and, if you're shooting on a full-frame camera, everyone will get an idea of the grandeur and scale of what's going on. Even on an APS-C camera, you'll have a wide-angle 30-32mm focal length. Plus, the lens is perfect for landscapes and architectural photography as well, as you'll be able to fit a lot into one frame. Features like aspherical lens technology and a rear focusing system ensure that your images will have minimal color fringing and deliver solid image quality across the entire frame.
What's in the Box:
- Sigma 20mm f/1.8 EX DG ASP RF lens for Nikon
- LCF-82 II lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- LH875-02 Lens hood
- Soft padded case
- Warranty Card
- Limited Warranty sheet
- Nikon bayonet mount
- 20mm f/1.8 EX DG ASP RF wide-angle lens with 35mm equivalent of 30mm on Nikon cameras with APS-C sensors
- NO built-in lens motor: NOT compatible with D40, D40x, D60, D3000, D5000
- Super Multi-Layer Coating minimizes reflections and flare
- light-gathering wide field of view is ideal for landscapes, exterior and interior architecture, and photojournalism
- minimum focusing distance: 7.9"
- constructed of 13 elements in 11 groups
- filter size: 82mm
- lens is 3.5" in diameter, 3-3/4" long
- weight: 18.3 oz.
- carrying case, lens hood, front and rear lens caps supplied
- warranty: 4 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||4 Years|
|Labor Warranty||4 Years|
Overview: The Sigma 20mm F1.8 EX DG Aspherical RF is a fast, ultra wide angle lens, designed to be used with full-frame cameras. It is a great lens for taking portraits, as well as for travel, weddings, and other events. The lens has the Nikon bayonet-mount.
Lens Hood: The Sigma 20mm lens includes a lens hood to help prevent stray light from entering the lens, causing flare, and to protect the lens from rain, snow, and dust. When not in use, the lens hood can be inverted and mounted onto the lens backwards for storage.
Focus Mode Switch: The lens features a two-way switch for setting the focus mode: AF (auto focus) or MF (manual focus).
Sigma Technology: The lens has the following Sigma technology built-in:
- Aspherical Lens: Aspherical lenses are used for outstanding optical performance and to keep the lenses compact.
- Super Multi-layer Coating: Sigma's own Super Multi-layer Coating suppresses lens flare and ghosting by preventing reflections within the lens.
- Rounded Diaphragm: Using a rounded diaphragm instead of a polygonal shaped one produces pleasingly rounded out-of-focus light points when opened to near maximum aperture.
- Rear Focusing System: Sigma uses a focusing system that moves the rear lens group, for high speed, silent focusing.
- Lens Construction: 13 Elements in 11 Groups
- Angle of View: 94.5°
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 7.9"
- Filter Size: 82mm
- Maximum Magnifications: 1:4
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.442", Length=3.731"
- Weight: 18.3 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.