Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Sigma Photo 8mm f/3.5 Circular Fisheye Lens
High angle-of-view circular fisheye lens for full-frame cameras (Nikon mount)
Item # 366485NA | MFR # 485-306
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sigma Photo 8mm f/3.5 Circular Fisheye Lens by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
Who knows if fish really see the world the way a fisheye lens does. The good news for them if they do? They can see a lot of things coming for them. Fisheyes are known for extremely wide angles of view, and extreme distortion of space. Don't think this is a bad thing: when used in the right situation, fisheye lenses can lead you to new and unique perceptions of the nature of spaces around you. Try a lens like this on a city street, or a long subway escalator, or taking a close-up of your dog. You will no doubt find new and different ways to document the world around you.
A circular fisheye gets most all of what's in front of you and puts it into a circular image surrounded by a black field. If you've ever seen a convex mirror, the effect is very similar. This Sigma Photo 8mm circular fisheye features an f/3.5 aperture.
Limited use with APS-C sensor cameras
While this lens will mount on an APS-C sensor camera, your view will be cropped to the center of the lens's projection circle of light, so much of the characteristic barrel distortion you expect from a fisheye lens will be outside the sensor's field of view. Should you use it on an APS-C camera, you will have a somewhat distorted wide-angle image at an effective focal length of 12mm on most cameras with sensors that size.
- Nikon bayonet mount
- 8mm f/3.5 EX DG circular fisheye lens with 35mm equivalent of 12mm on Nikon cameras with APS-C sensors
- does not have aperture ring. NO built in lens motor: NOT compatible with D40, D40x, D60, D3000, D5000
- produces a circular images with a 180-degree angle-of-view and a black surrounding frame on full-frame cameras
- Because APS-C sensors are smaller than full-frame ones, the lens's angle-of-view will be cropped, minimizing the characteristic fisheye barrel distortion. Results on APS-C cameras may differ from your expectations.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating minimizes reflections and flare
- ultra-wide field of view is ideal for artistic shots and unusual perspectives of weddings, sports, and underwater subjects (protective housing required)
- minimum focusing distance: 5.3"
- constructed of 11 elements in 6 groups
- gel filter holder at back of lens
- lens is 2-15/16" in diameter, 2-3/4" long
- weight: 14 oz.
- carrying case, front adapter ring, front and rear lens caps supplied
- warranty: 4 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee