Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Sigma Photo 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM
Wide-angle to telephoto macro zoom lens for APS-C sensor SLR cameras (Nikon mount)
Item # 366883NA | MFR # 883-306
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sigma Photo 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
Compact, versatile, and capable
The above description pretty much covers what you can expect from this well-appointed, 18-250mm wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens from Sigma Photo. If you own any of today's popular APS-C cameras, this rugged, lighweight lens is the perfect one to have mounted when you have no idea what your next photo opportunity will be. A wide cityscape from across the river? You're covered. A close-up of the kite your son is flying over by the marina entrance? Yes again. Everything in between? But of course.
And we do mean everything, because this lens is also a good macro zoom, so close-ups of the world of nature are a breeze as well. A close working distance of 13.8 inches and a magnification ratio of 1:2.9 means you'll be able to fill the frame with subjects like flowers, stamps and coins, or insects, among others.
The lens boasts solid optical build quality, of course, and uses Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material in order to give the lens enhanced stability in temperature extremes. Three aspherical elements and one special low dispersion glass element keep color fringing anomalies to a minimum through the entire zoom range.
Excellent product great price speedy deliver
matt j, centreville, MD
What's in the Box:
- Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM zoom lens for Nikon
- LCF-62 III Front lens cap
- Rear lens cap for Nikon
- Lens hood
- Warranty Sticker
- Sigma's Americas Limited Warranty
- 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM telephoto zoom lens
- compatible with Nikon digital APS-C SLR cameras
- not recommended for full-frame cameras
- effective focal length:
- 27-375mm with Nikon APS-C sensor cameras
- built-in optical stabilization allows in-focus shots with longer exposure times
- 3 aspherical elements and 1 special low dispersion glass element for impressive contrast and clarity
- super multi-layer lens coating minimizes flaring and ghosting
- minimum aperture: f/22
- minimum focus distance: 13.8"
- constructed of 16 elements in 13 groups
- filter size: 62mm
- lens is 3-11/16" long, 2-15/16" in diameter
- weight: 16.6 ounces
- warranty: 4 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood, front and rear lens cap
Sigma Photo 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Maximum Aperture||f/3.5 (W) - 6.3 (T)|
|Parts Warranty||4 Years|
|Labor Warranty||4 Years|
Overview: The Sigma AF 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro HSM (Model #883) is a multi-purpose 13x zoom lens that covers wide angle to telephoto to macro photography. The lens is designed to be used with cameras with APS-C size sensors. It is a great lens for travel, landscapes, family, and nature and wildlife, as well as macro photography. The lens has the Nikon bayonet mount, and comes with a padded carrying case, lens hood, and front & rear caps.
Lens Hood: The 18-250mm lens includes a lens hood to help prevent stray light from entering the lens, causing flare, and to protect the lens from rain, snow, and dust. When not in use, the lens hood can be inverted and mounted onto the lens backwards for storage.
Optical Stabilization: The Optical Stabilization lens effective compensates for image blurring caused by camera shake. Using the Optical Stabilizer, you can get sharp results at shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than you could without the OS function.
Focus Mode Switch: The lens features a two-way switch for setting the focus mode: AF (auto focus) or MF (manual focus).
Sigma Technology: The lens has the following Sigma technology built-in:
- Thermally Stable Composite (TSC): The lens utilizes a thermally stable composite material in the lens barrel, which has a high degree of elasticity, and exhibits little variation in its structure in extreme temperature conditions.
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM): The Hyper Sonic Motor uses ultrasonic waves to drive the autofocus mechanism. This extremely quiet operation helps avoid disturbing photographic subjects, and isn't picked up by the microphone while recording video.
- Super Multi-layer Coating: Sigma's own Super Multi-layer Coating suppresses lens flare and ghosting by preventing reflections within the lens.
- Rounded Diaphragm: Using a rounded diaphragm instead of a polygonal shaped one produces pleasingly rounded out-of-focus light points when opened to near maximum aperture.
- Lens Construction: 16 Elements in 13 Groups
- Angle of View: 76.5° to 6.5°
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 7
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.5 (18mm), f/6.3 (250mm)
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 13.8"
- Filter Size: 62mm
- Maximum Magnifications: 1:2.9
- Dimensions: Diameter=2.919", Length=3.656"
- Weight: 16.6 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
3 questions already asked
This reply is a day late. The Lens worked exactly like the Nikon lens on my Nikon. The only thing I've noticed is that the field of view is a little wider than what the view finder shows, which is a great help anyway as I won't miss anything and I often crop the shot anyway, to get the picture just like I want. The lens works great and I'm very satisfied with it. The lens stays on my Nikon and I don't use any other lens now. I researched and found that it would be a match but I have not researched the Cannon mount. [ FRANK Jul 04, 2014 ]
Yes, it works "FULLY" and my wife loves the mount to capture beautiful pictures. The product is everything and more she was looking for at a great price. I would recommend this to anybody. As always, Crutchfield's expert, life time support staff is always there to answer your question. I rate this product, 5 STARS! [ MICHAEL Jul 04, 2014 ]
yes, it will only work with cropped sensor cameras such as the T2 [ ERIC Jul 03, 2014 ]
My application was different. Ordered for my Sony A77. It took beautiful pictures for the first few shots on any focal length but it created error on my steady shot. I kept initializing the camera to its default. Same thing happened all the time.. Few shots after initialization, "error" re-appeared on my LCD and my steady shot does not work, [ EUFEMIO P Aug 24, 2015 ]
I can't speak for the d5100, but it works as advertised with my d7100, so I think you should have similar results. It's a good everyday or travel lens, of course not as sharp as a prime, but fairly versital. [ christopher Aug 24, 2015 ]
The lens is large in diameter and interferes with the use of the internal flash. Otherwise the lens works well with my Nikon D3200, and I have used the combo on many vacations. [ Michael Aug 23, 2015 ]
They make different mount options. Be sure to order the right one. [ MYLES Aug 23, 2015 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: This Sigma lens will work on your Nikon D3300 DSLR camera. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Jun 02, 2014 ] Staff