Dipole surround speakers
Our take on the KLH Beacon by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Experience true surround sound with dipole speakers
Want spectacular sound effects from your new KLH home theater system? Then use a pair of the Beacons for your surround channels. These specially designed dipole speakers use a pair of opposite-firing, out-of-phase woofers and tweeters in each cabinet. This gives you a diffuse soundfield — perfect for immersive, wraparound sound effects that fill your listening area.
Voice-matched drivers for seamless sound
Each Beacon houses a pair of 5-1/4 woven Kevlar® woofers, along with a pair of 1" anodized aluminum tweeters — the same drivers KLH uses in their bookshelf and floor-standing speakers. This means you get seamless, voice-matched sound as the action moves around you room.
Flexible placement options
You can configure the Beacons as surround speakers placed to the side of your listening area, or as rear surrounds placed behind you. Mount them to a pair of speaker stands, or on your wall using the dual 1/4"-20 threaded inserts on the back of each speaker.
The KLH name lives on
Henry Kloss and his partners founded KLH in Cambridge, Massachusetts back in the '50s. Kloss changed the audio industry with innovations like the acoustic suspension loudspeaker, the first-ever full-range electrostatic speaker, and the first high-selectivity table radio.
Today, KLH is headquartered in Noblesville, Indiana. The company's new speaker lineup represents a fresh take on that rich and varied KLH legacy.
- pair of dipole surround sound speakers for home theater
- dual 1" anodized aluminum tweeters with linear response faceplates
- dual 5-1/4" woven Kevlar® woofers
- opposite-firing are out of phase with each other, creating a diffuse soundfield and immersive sound effects
- frequency response: 50-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: up to 125 watts
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- sealed (acoustic suspension) cabinet design
- 5-way binding posts accept pins, single or dual banana connectors, spades, or bare wire
- dual 1/4"-20 threaded inserts on back panel for wall-mounting
- removable grilles
- 11-1/2"W x 11-1/4"H x 6-3/8"D
- weight: 11.25 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Surround loudspeakers
- 4 Grilles
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
Features and Specs
|Bipole or Dipole||Dipole|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Frequency Response||50-23k Hz|
|Height (inches)||11 1/4|
|Width (inches)||11 9/16|
|Depth (inches)||6 9/16|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||10 Years|
|Labor Warranty||10 Years|
Two-Way Surround Loudspeaker: The KLH Beacon is a two-way surround loudspeaker featuring twp high performance 1" Anodized Aluminum tweeters with linear response faceplates and two 5.25" Woven Kevlar mid/bass drivers with butyl rubber surrounds and powder-coated die-cast aluminum baskets. There are braided tinsel leads on all drivers. A custom multi-element crossover with high grade components ensures smooth and natural transition between drivers.
Acoustic Suspension MDF Enclosure: The KLH Beacon surround loudspeaker uses an acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure for tight, accurate sound reproduction. The enclosure features MDF construction with custom designed internal low resonance driver chambers and bracing optimized through finite element analysis. The enclosure also has a brushed aluminum tweeter faceplate and driver fascia. The MDF enclosure is finished in a wood-grain black oak vinyl.
Applications: The KLH Beacon can be used as Surround and/or Surround Back speakers in a 5.1ch or 7.1ch home theater system. The Beacon surround speakers are sonically matched to work seamlessly with all other KLH speakers, and will deliver optimum performance in all home theater applications.
- Placement Options: The placement of your surround speakers is very important in regard to home theater usage. The surround speakers complete the theater listening experience with ambient effects that put the listener in the middle of the action. The Beacon surround speakers can be placed behind or to either side of the main listening area.
- Mounting Options: The KLH Beacon includes a 1/4"-20 threaded insert for using an optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately). You can also choose to place the surround speaker on stands or shelves. The included self-adhesive rubber feet add approximately 0.25" to the overall height of the speaker.
Binding Post Terminals: The KLH Beacon surround loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of nickel-plated binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). A plastic cap must be removed from each binding post terminal to use banana plugs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.