Floor-standing speaker (Black Oak)
Our take on the KLH Quincy by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Sweet sound from a three-way tower
KLH — founded by audio pioneer Henry Kloss — is returning to the home speaker landscape with a fresh line of bookshelf and tower speakers that I believe will impress music and movie lovers alike. The Quincy is the mid-sized tower in the company's new lineup. This incredibly efficient floor-standing speaker (rated at 95 dB sensitivity!) doesn't require a ton of power to produce big sound, making it a great match with a range of modern amplifiers.
The KLH Quincy sports a real wood veneer finish (shown in black oak with grille removed).
A three-way design for smooth, detailed sound
The Quincy's three-way design matches a 1" anodized aluminum tweeter with a 5-1/4" woven Kevlar® midrange and a 6-1/2" Kevlar woofer for nuanced texture and detail throughout its wide frequency range.
A custom-designed, high-quality crossover ensures smooth blending of frequencies between the trio of drivers.
Small details add up to keep you happy
The Quincy features a genuine wood veneer finish, which gives it a high-quality look and feel. And its magnetic grille has no visible attachment points, making this finely crafted speaker visually compelling when the grille is removed.
This tower also comes equipped with two pairs of speaker inputs for bi-amping or bi-wiring. And it comes with floor spikes and rubber feet for added stability and to decouple the cabinet from your floor for better sound.
To top it all off, the Quincy comes with a 10-year warranty for long-term peace of mind.
The KLH name lives on
Henry Kloss and his partners founded KLH in Cambridge, Massachusetts back in the '50s. Kloss changed the audio industry with innovations like the acoustic suspension loudspeaker, the first-ever full-range electrostatic speaker, and the first high-selectivity table radio.
Today, KLH is headquartered in Noblesville, Indiana. The company's new speaker lineup represents a fresh take on that rich and varied KLH legacy.
- floor-standing speaker for music or home theater
- 3-way design
- 1" anodized aluminum tweeter with linear response faceplate
- 5-1/4" woven Kevlar® midrange driver
- 6-1/2" woven Kevlar woofer
- frequency response: 27-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: up to 225 watts
- sensitivity: 95 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet with dual rear-firing ports
- two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- 5-way binding posts accept pins, single or dual banana connectors, spades, or bare wire
- includes chrome-plated steel spikes and rubber feet for stability and decoupling
- beautiful black oak veneer finish
- removable magnetic grille with custom honeycomb design
- 7-3/4"W x 37-1/2"H x 14-3/4"D
- weight: 40 lbs.
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||5.25|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Parts Warranty||10 Years|
|Labor Warranty||10 Years|
|Frequency Response||27-23k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|