KLH Windsor 10
Our take on the KLH Windsor 10 by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Bring movies and music to life
I've been a basshead since I was a teenager. So I always enjoy seeing a fresh line of powered subwoofers pop up on the audio landscape. KLH's new Windsor 10 adds punchy bass to music, movies, and video games. This sub is an excellent complement to KLH's line of bookshelf and floor-standing speakers.
The Windsor 10 delivers high-quality bass without taking up too much space on your floor.
A high-tech woofer yields excellent bass
The Windsor 10 pairs a 150-watt RMS amp with a carefully crafted 10" woofer to dish out deep, hard-hitting bass. The driver is formed from a combination of premium materials — including Kevlar® — which help create a stiff-but-lightweight cone. A rear-firing slot port accentuates the Windsor's low-frequency output.
The Windsor sub is also available in a 12" version if you want a little more low-end rumble, or have a larger room to fill with great bass.
The KLH name lives on
Henry Kloss and his partners founded KLH in Cambridge, Massachusetts back in the '50s. Kloss changed the audio industry with innovations like the acoustic suspension loudspeaker, the first-ever full-range electrostatic speaker, and the first high-selectivity table radio.
Today, KLH is headquartered in Noblesville, Indiana. The company's new speaker lineup represents a fresh take on that rich and varied KLH legacy.
- frequency response: 32-160 Hz (±3 dB)
- built-in Class D amplifier delivers 150 watts of continuous power (300 watts peak)
- 10" front-firing woofer
- bass reflex (ported) design with rear-firing slot port
- phase switch (0/180°)
- auto on/off
- RCA LFE and line-level inputs
- black oak vinyl finish
- 12-13/16"W x 15-1/2"H x 15-7/16"D
- warranty: 5 years woofer, 2 years amplifier
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 9' AC power cord
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-150Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||150|
|Frequency Response||32-150 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
10" Proprietary Woofer: The KLH Windsor 10 features a front-firing 10" woofer constructed of a proprietary blend of Treated Paper, Kevlar, CSX and Polyglass for deep, accurate bass. The woofer also features a rugged, rubber surround for high excursion.
150-Watt Class D Amplifier: The KLH Windsor 10 utilizes a 150 watt (RMS) / 300 watt (Peak) Class D amplifier to drive the 10" woofer for dynamic bass response with little distortion.
MDF Ported Enclosure: The 10" woofer is housed inside a rigid MDF enclosure with a rear-firing slot port for big bass reproduction. The MDF cabinet is finished with a black oak wood-grain vinyl and includes a detachable cloth grille.
Rear-Mounted Controls: The KLH Windsor 10 offers the following rear-mounted rotary dial controls to integrate the powered subwoofer with your loudspeakers.
- Volume Level: The rotary volume level control adjusts the volume of the powered subwoofer relative to the other speakers in your sound system.
- Low-Pass Crossover Frequency: The continuously variable low-pass crossover is adjustable from 40-150Hz to help blend the subwoofer into your existing speaker system.
- Phase Adjustment: The rotary phase adjustment dial allows you to set the subwoofer's phase between 0°(normal) and 180° (reverse). If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, adjusting the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass attack.
LFE/RCA Connectivity: The subwoofer has gold-plated stereo RCA inputs that can also be used as an LFE (Low Frequency Effect) input.
- Stereo RCA Input: Use both the Left and Right RCA line-level inputs for use with stereo receivers and integrated amplifiers having subwoofer or stereo preamp outputs that do not contain their own low-pass crossover. Using these stereo RCA inputs allow the powered sub to do all the low-pass filtering (adjustable from 40-150Hz. If your receiver or amplifier only has a single subwoofer line output, you will need a RCA Y-adapter (sold separately).
- LFE Input: The Left channel RCA input doubles as the LFE input. If your AV receiver has an LFE output and its own built-in crossover, use this input and set the low-pass filter dial to 150Hz.
Placement Options: You may place the powered subwoofer anywhere in your room, but it will perform best when it's on the same side of the room as your system's front speakers. Also, placing the subwoofer near a wall or in a corner will reinforce the output.
Auto On/Off: The powered subwoofer will automatically turn on when it senses an audio signal. It will automatically go into standby mode after 15minutes with no audio signal. You can also manually turn the powered sub on and off.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The KLH Windsor 10 comes with a 9' detachable AC power which plugs into the back of the powered sub and into an AC wall outlet, surge protector, or power conditioner.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.