Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
P.I.E. iPod® Cable for Pioneer
iPod interface cable for the Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD (Model PIO/USB-205V)
Our take on the P.I.E. iPod® Cable for Pioneer by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
This P.I.E. interface cable lets you connect your iPod to Pioneer's AVH-P5100DVD DVD receiver, so you can access your iPod with the system's touchscreen controls. You'll see information like song and album titles, artist names, and track length all conveniently displayed on the receiver's screen. Just connect the cable to your iPod, plug it into the AVH-P5100DVD, and enjoy. Warranty: 90 days.
Compatibility Note: Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
What's in the Box:
- iPod connector cable with an IP-Bus connector on one end and a USB type-A connector and iPod dock connector on other end
Features and Specs
|Adapter Type||iPod A/V in w/ iPod control|
|Parts Warranty||90 Days|
|Labor Warranty||90 Days|
Overview: The PIE PIO/USB-205v iPod adapter permits direct control, audio/video playback, and charging of your iPod through the Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD Multimedia head unit. The Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD can be connected with an iPod via this dedicated adapter by attaching the cable's USB type-A and multi-pin proprietary connector to the head unit's rear-panel USB and multi-pin proprietary port and plugging the cable's dock connector into your iPod's dock connection. Using the touch panel or hard keys of the AVH-P5100DVD, you can play iPod-recorded songs with the following convenient functions:
- Text Information Display: Song/album titles, artist names, and track length are conveniently displayed on the monitor display. This capability also permits multiple "search" functions, making it a snap to find a song to play back.
- Multiple Search Functions: Just like looking for files stored on a PC, iPod-recorded songs may be sorted according to registered playlists, genres, artists, or albums to ensure easy access to each music file.
- Repeat Playback: The Repeat Playback function offers two options - repeat playing of a particular song or playback of all tunes from a specified playlist.
- Shuffle Songs: Shuffle Songs randomly plays the songs in your iPod's music library.
iPod Compatibility: The PIE PIO/USB-205v iPod adapter cable is "Made for iPod" compatible and supports the following iPod model functions when connected to a compatible Pioneer multimedia head unit (as of Dec. 2009):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Info||Track Info|
Note: Apple software updates may change functionality results requiring you to reset your iPod or iPhone.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.