SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Connect
Smart pet door for cats or small dogs
From Sure Pet Care: Connect Pet Door
SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Connect - Add the hub (sold separately) to remotely monitor and control the door using the Sure Petcare app
SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Connect - Tunnel extenders available from manufacturer for wall installations
Our take on the SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Connect by Crutchfield's Emily S.
Plants flanking the door can help alleviate the stress of entering a wide open area.
Freedom for your pet, peace of mind for you
We love our pets and we want the best for them, even when we have to be away from home. Being able to venture outside is a great way for them to exercise their bodies and minds. But we also want to keep them safe! The SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Connect is a great way to do both.
Once programmed, it recognizes your pet's microchip and lets her pass through. If your pet isn't chipped, you can use the included RFID collar tag. This allows your pet indoor/outdoor access, but with some limits, set by you. For example, you can schedule a curfew so the door locks when your pet comes in for the night and unlocks again at a specific time each day.
You control your pet's access to the great outdoors.
Add the optional Hub to your system and look out — you're now using the world's first app-controlled pet door. The Hub (sold separately) allows your Microchip Pet Door Connect to communicate with the internet. That means you can use the free Sure Petcare app to monitor your pet's activity from anywhere.
The door alone keeps neighborhood critters from following your pet inside. When you add the Hub, you'll get a notification when those unwanted intruders make an attempt. So, if you'd rather your feline princess not tussle with the neighborhood tomcat who just tried to follow her back in, you can use the app to remotely lock the door to keep her safe and sound inside.
- can accommodate most cats and small dogs
- stores up to 32 pet identities in memory
- compatible with all identification microchips
- also works with included SureFlap RFID collar tag (extra tags available from manufacturer)
- only programmed pets can enter
- the Hub (sold separately) links your Pet Door Connect to the Sure Petcare app for increased functionality
- curfew mode: set the door to lock and unlock at specified times
- can be installed in doors, walls, or glass
- fits doors up to 2-1/4" thick
- accessories for glass and wall installations are available from manufacturer
- powered by 4 C batteries (not included)
- flap opening: 6-11/16"W X 7"H
- frame dimensions: 10-5/16"W x 11-1/16"H
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Pet door (2 pieces)
- 4 Screws (length 75mm)
- 4 Screws (length 50mm)
- 4 Screws (length 30mm)
- 4 Plastic screw caps
- SureFlap RFID collar tag
- User Manual
Overview: The Sure Petcare Microchip Pet Door Connect (iMPD) is the world's first app-controlled Microchip Pet Door. It is designed for cats and small dogs, and can be installed into a door, glass, or a wall. Alone, the Microchip Pet Door interacts with your pet's implanted microchip or the included RFID collar tag to automatically unlock the door, allowing entry. Pairing the door with the optional Wi-Fi Hub lets you lock and unlock the door manually, or on a schedule, via the Sure Petcare app on your smartphone or tablet. The Microchip Pet Door Connect comes with an RFID collar tag, and installation hardware.
Microchip Pet Door Connect: The Pet Door Connect has a built-in microchip reader that recognizes your dog's or cat's implanted RFID microchip or collar tag and unlocks the door to allow your pet (and only your pet) to pass through the door. Each microchip and collar tag must be registered with the microchip reader so it can be recognized. When the Pet Door Connect is connected with the Hub via Wi-Fi, you can set schedules to lock or unlock the door at specific times, or manually control the door. The Hub also compiles data on when your pet goes out and comes in, so you can track his whereabouts when you're away.
Note: Additional RFID collar tags are sold separately by the manufacturer. Up to 32 pets can be programmed into the pet door at the same time.
On Board Controls: The pet door has six buttons under a removable cover. The buttons include: Settings, Locking Mode (see below), Time Set, Lock Time, Unlock Time, and Add a Pet. A 2-3/4" LCD screen on the top shows the current, lock, and unlock times, as well as the locking and unlocking mode directions, battery life, Wi-Fi connection, and Microchip reader condition.
Locking Modes: There are five locking modes:
- Standard: Allows only authorized pets to enter and all pets to exit.
- Keep Inside: Allows only authorized pets to enter and prevents all pets from exiting.
- Keep Out: Allows all pets to exit, and once outside, they are prevented from re-entering.
- Lock Both Ways: All pets are prevented from entering or exiting the house, keeping all pets in their current location.
- Curfew Mode: Sets a lock and unlock time, giving your pet access to the outside for a set period of the day (i.e. unlock in the morning, and lock at night). During the Lock Time, the door is set to Keep Inside mode, allowing your pet to enter if outside, but prevent him from leaving.
Installation: The Microchip Pet Door can be installed in doors, walls, and through glass. If possible, the door should be installed so that the base of the tunnel is at the same height above the ground as your pet's stomach. Suggestions for each installation type include:
- Doors: The Pet Door can be installed in all door types, including wooden, plastic, glass, and metal. Metal door construction may impede the performance of the microchip reader, including metal skin doors, security doors, metal garage doors, and UPVC coated metal doors. It should not be installed in a fire-rated door, as it will reduce the effectiveness of the fire door.
- Glass: The Pet Door is ideal for mounting in single or double glazed windows. Cutting glass should be performed by a qualified glazier. A Pet Door Mounting Adapter, required for glass installations and sold separately from the manufacturer, allows mounting the door in circular holes between 11-9/16" and 12-5/8" in diameter.
- Walls: For wall installations, Pet Door Tunnel Extenders will likely be needed (sold separately by the manufacturer). Each Tunnel Extender fits snugly onto the 2-3/4" long tunnel of the pet door, and adds 2" to the overall length of the tunnel. Before beginning installation, you should consult a qualified builder to discuss the best location for the door, and for the presence of electrical wires, water pipes, or gas lines.
Dimensions: The Microchip Pet Door Connect is made for cats and small dogs. The door creates a tunnel through the door, glass, or wall for your pet to enter or exit through. The door has the following dimensions:
- Flap Opening: 7.0" (W) x 6.69" (H)
- Tunnel Depth: 2.75" to 3" (optional extenders available)
- Door/Wall Cutout: 8.15" (W) x 9.21" (H)
- Glass Mount Cutout: 11.81" to 12.625" (minimum/maximum)
- Exterior Frame: 10.31" (W) x 11.06" (H)
Sure Petcare Hub: The Sure Petcare Hub (sold separately) provides a wireless link between your smartphone or tablet and the Microchip Pet Door Connect. With the Hub, you can control your Connect products using the Sure Petcare app. The Hub plugs into your Wi-Fi router using the included Ethernet cable. Up to 10 Connect products can be wirelessly connected to the Hub. In addition, the Hub will send a notification to your smartphone/tablet whenever your pet enters or leaves the house through the Pet Door Connect, and will store this data in the app.
Sure Petcare App: The free Sure Petcare app, available for iOS (9.0 or later) and Android (4.4 and up) devices, lets you control your Connect products from your smartphone or tablet. The app keeps track of your pet's location at all times, allowing you to know at a glance whether he is inside or outside. From the app, you can remotely lock or unlock the pet door, set automatic lock/unlock schedules, and view your pet's activity throughout the day. Historic data stored in the app lets you view changes in your pet's activities, which may indicate an injury or illness.
Wi-Fi: The Sure Petcare Hub plugs into your Wi-Fi router via the supplied Ethernet cable. The Hub and Microchip Pet Door Connect operate on the 2.4GHz band only. The Hub has two "ears" on the top that glow to indicate it's powered on, or if there is a connection error. The ears flash when it receives a notification from the Connect product, or has lost its connection.
Power: The Microchip Pet Door Connect is powered by four C-sized alkaline batteries (not included). High quality, brand name batteries are recommended. Fresh batteries last approximately 6 months.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.