PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-ground Fence™
Wireless pet fence with dog training collar device
Our take on the PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-ground Fence™ by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Teach your tenacious friend to stay safe in his own yard with the PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-ground Fence.
Not just for stubborn dogs
I know, it's called the Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence, but it's great for dogs who are hard of hearing, too. The collar device vibrates before administering static correction, so dogs with auditory issues get a fair warning when they're approaching the barrier. But it does offer the option of stronger static correction for dogs who just don't want to mind.
How it works
Just bury the included wire — laid out in whatever configuration you desire — to establish a perimeter for your pooch. Attach the included wireless device to your dog's collar, and he'll get a warning beep, followed by progressively stronger static correction, any time he approaches the invisible boundary. The included flags give a helpful visual cue for sighted dogs, while the vibration alerts fuzzy friends who might be blind or deaf.
If your pet truly is just stubborn, ignores warnings, and continues past the wire, she'll receive progressively stronger corrections from the collar until returning inside the perimeter, or until the safety time-out activates after 15 seconds. Before long, she'll know exactly where the no-go zone is, and she won't test it.
Part of a whole-home containment system
The collar receiver works with other PetSafe containment systems. Place a rock-shaped Outdoor Pet Barrier near the garbage cans or flower beds to establish additional no-go zones inside the perimeter. A Threshold Barrier can make specific rooms inside the house off-limits.
- establish an invisible boundary to keep dogs close to home
- customize the size and shape of the perimeter to suit your needs
- vibration option alerts blind or deaf dogs when they get near the perimeter
- 4 adjustable levels of static correction
- correction steps up progressively until your dog returns inside the perimeter
- higher-intensity correction levels available for stubborn or hard-to-train pets
- correction increases if your dog tries to run through the boundary zone
- automatic safety shut-off limits static correction to a 15 second burst
- covers up to 1/3 acre with included wire
- expandable up to 25 acres with additional wire (not included)
- durable and waterproof
- fits neck sizes 6-28"
- for dogs 8 lbs. and over
- compatible with many PetSafe Pawz Away products
- warns your pet with an audible tone before administering static correction
- powered by included 9-volt battery
- transmitter with mounting hardware and power adapter
- surge protector
- collar receiver charger
- interchangeable short and long contact points
- 500 feet of 20-gauge boundary wire
- 50 training flags
- installation hardware and testing tools
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
1 question already asked
1 answer I understand that you have to install the wire fence in the ground. What it doesn't say is how Deep you have to go? Question, How Deep do you have to install the wire? 4-5 inches or 12-15 inches? Wiring for a 1/2 acre the depth is a few hour or a whole weekend. [ Aircraft Mech Oct 30, 2017 ]
According to the owner's manual (page 17) the "trench" for the wire boundary should be anywhere from 1-3 inches deep. For more details or to discuss further, please feel free to contact an Advisor directly by phone (888.955.6000) or online chat. Thanks! [ Larry Nov 01, 2017 ] Staff