Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Lightning Audio LA-51000
5-channel car amplifier 62.5 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 200 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
Item # 49551000 | MFR # LA-51000
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Lightning Audio LA-51000 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Lightning strikes again
Lightning Audio makes a great line of amplifiers that'll appeal to car audio fans everywhere. Their LA-51000 5-channel amplifier will hit your whole system with over 60 watts RMS going to each of your four speakers, plus up to 250 watts RMS going to a sub or two. This handsome amp packs its wallop using Class AB amp technology, for clean, distortion-free reproduction of your music. Want power for two high-performance component sets and a sub? You can hook up the LA-51000 in 3-channel mode and blast a couple of speakers with 200 watts RMS each and a subwoofer with 250 watts.
The amp features separate high-pass filters for the front and rear channels, so even if you're running smaller speakers up front and some big 6"x9"s in back, you can make them all sound their best. You can use the variable low-pass and subsonic filters on the subwoofer channel to clarify the bass to perfection, then crank up the bass boost when you want to add some punch to the proceedings.
LA-51000 control panel
No fuss. no muss amp. This one replaced a different brand/model that crapped out on me, and so far it works very well. My friend installed it without much trouble and I'm pleased with the sound I get from it.
Anonymous, Alexandria VA
What's in the Box:
- 5-Channel amplifier
- Two 80-amp MAXI fuses (1 installed/1 extra)
- Wired Remote Bass Control
- 16' Remote cable (RJ-25 Connector on both ends)
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- Two 3/8" Self-tapping screws
- 6 Flat washers
- 6 Split lock washers
- Instructions (English/ German/ French/ Spanish/ Italian)
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 62.5 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 200 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms + 250 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 250 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohms
- variable high-pass filter on front and rear channels (10-150 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter on subwoofer channel (30-150 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable subsonic filter on sub channel (15-55 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost on sub channel (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- Class AB amp technology
- preamp inputs
- wired remote sub level control included
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 80A x 1
- 22"W x 2-5/16"H x 9-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Lightning Audio LA-51000 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
63 x 4
200 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-150 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||10-150 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Gain: The front, rear, and subwoofer amps have independent rotary gain controls adjustable from 200mV to 5V.
Bass Boost: The bass boost is adjustable using a rotary dial; 0 to +12 dB, centered at 45 Hz.
Crossover: The front, rear, and subwoofer amps are equipped with independent crossovers:
- Front: switchable between full range and high-pass; crossover point variable from 10 to 150 Hz, 12 dB/octave slope
- Rear: switchable between full range and high-pass; crossover point variable from 10 to 150 Hz, 12 dB/octave slope
- Subwoofer: low-pass; crossover point variable from 30 to 150 Hz, 12 dB/octave slope; this being the subwoofer part of the amp, the crossover is always engaged
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter is variable from 15 to 55 Hz. Ultra-low frequencies that cannot be reproduced by a subwoofer do not become sound but become unnecessary oscillations, which affect sound by causing distortion. These frequencies also waste amplifier power and can cause damage to speakers. The Infrasonic filter removes frequencies below the setting, to improve the performance of the speakers by eliminating harmful distortion.
Input Mode: If the source unit has a dedicated line output for the subwoofer, set the Mode switch to CH5. If only using the amp's front and rear line inputs, set the Mode switch to CH4.
Wired Remote: An RJ-25 jack is provided for connecting the included wired remote, allowing remote control of the subwoofer amplifier from the front of the vehicle. The supplied 16' cable, with RJ-25 phone plugs at each end, connects the wired remote level control to the amplifier.
Note: The Remote Bass Control measures approximately 2-1/8" wide (2-7/8" including the mounting flange) x 1-1/4" high x 1-7/8" deep (2-1/2" deep including the knob and wiring).
- Battery: set screw terminal; accepts up to 4 gauge wire
- Remote: set screw terminal; accepts up to 8 gauge wire
- GND (ground): set screw terminal; accepts up to 4 gauge wire
- Speaker Output: five pair of set screw terminals; accept up to 10 gauge wire
- Line Inputs: 3 pair of stereo RCA jacks
- Wired Remote: RJ-25 jack for included wired remote
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the install. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Feb 26, 2014 ] Staff
Thanks for your question. For information on selecting the best amp for your subs I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences between the amp models and help you make the best choice for your system. [ Krissy Jan 27, 2014 ] Staff