Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Lightning Audio LA-1500BT
Digital media receiver
Our take on the Lightning Audio LA-1500BT by Crutchfield's Charlie Pastorfield
Lightning Audio's LA-1500BT digital media receiver offers plenty of connections for your media, along with built-in Bluetooth. You'll be able to make hands-free calls with your compatible phone and stream music from your Bluetooth device. On the front panel, you'll find a USB port for plugging in a thumb drive full of music, a mini-jack plug for most other audio sources, and an SD card slot.
If you plan on building a sound system, this receiver offers a full set of preamp outputs for connecting outboard amps. If you're an AM/FM fanatic, you'll appreciate the six preset buttons on the driver's side of the control panel. The big volume knob really comes in handy when you're trying to keep your eyes on the road, and Lightning Audio includes a wireless remote so your passengers can entertain themselves. The 3-band equalizer is helpful when you're trying to make quick adjustments from one artist to the next. You can detach the front panel and take it with you when you park — a nice feature when you're in an iffy part of town.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs. If you want to play CDs in your vehicle, we offer a wide selection of CD receivers.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
It's a great stereo with a pre sub woofer plug in for when I get my subs it's blue tooth and just makes any speakers sound clearer
Corey b., Wake forest NC 27587
What's in the Box:
- Digital media receiver (10A fuse installed)
- Detachable face (attached)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Power harness
- Speaker harness
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V battery
- 2 ISO-screws
- 2 Removal keys
- Mounting backstrap
- Mounting screw
- Flat washer
- Lock washer
- Cloth carrying pouch
- Owner's Manual
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calls and music streaming
- Internet radio playback through Bluetooth
- detachable face with single-line display and blue button illumination
- plays MP3 and WMA music files
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- remote control
- 3-band equalizer with 4 presets curves (1 user-adjustable curve)
- inputs: front USB port (no iPod control), front auxiliary input, SD card slot
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, sub)
Other features and specs:
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Lightning Audio LA-1500BT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD/SDHC|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||40 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
Front-Panel USB Port: The Lightning Audio LA-1500BT digital media receiver features a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of USB mass-storage class device; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables audio playback and control of MP3/WMA audio files (formatted in FAT 8/16/32) stored on a portable USB mass-storage class device. The head unit's USB connection provides 500mA of current to power and charge your connected USB mass storage class device when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Note: You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit. The front-panel USB port does not support Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad.
Front-Panel SD-Card Slot: The LA-1500BT digital media receiver is equipped with a front-panel SD-card slot which is hidden behind the unit's detachable face plate. The receiver's SD-card slot supports playback of MP3/WMA music (formatted in FAT 8/16/32) files loaded onto a SD/SDHC memory card (up to 32GB).
Information Display: The LA-1500BT will display your MP3/WMA's music file information (ID-3/WMA-tags); such as Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label.
Search Modes: The Lightning Audio LA-1500BT digital media receiver offers Track Search, Character Search, and Directory Search modes to help you locate music files on your USB device or SD/SDHC card.
- Track Search: You can enter the track number ("000") of a music file contained on a USB device or SD/SDHC memory card for direct access.
- Character Search: You can search for your MP3/WMA music tracks alphabetically (A-Z) or numerically (0-9) by entering in a single character.
- Directory Search: Directory Search displays a list of MP3/WMA folders and tracks on a connected USB memory device or SD/SDHC memory card, so you can scroll through your music.
Playback Modes: In addition to Normal playback, you can select from Repeat and Random playback modes.
- Repeat: Track Repeat (plays the current track repeatedly), Folder Repeat (plays all tracks of the current folder repeatedly), Off (cancels repeat function)
- Random: All Random (plays all tracks at random), Off (cancels random function)
Front-Panel Aux Input: A front-panel stereo minijack is provided to allow the connection of almost any portable audio source with a 3.5mm headphone output. Simply connect your portable digital music player to the unit's front-panel auxiliary input, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system.
Built-in Bluetooth: Bluetooth hands-free communication is built into the Lightning Audio LA-1500BT, making it easy to integrate a Bluetooth enabled cellular phone (up to 10). Bluetooth is a two-way wireless communication system allowing you to make and receive cell phone calls or stream digital audio from your Bluetooth enabled phone on the LA-1500BT digital media receiver
- Hands-free Communications (HFP/PBAB): The built-in Bluetooth hands-free feature allows you to talk on your cell phone through the LA-1500BT without the need of holding the phone in your hand, which helps avoid any traffic violations by keeping you focused on the road. During an incoming call, "CALLING" will appear on the unit's display and a ring tone will be heard through your car speakers. You can answer a call from the receiver's front-panel controls or the included remote control. You can dial a number from the numeric keypad (0-9) on the included remote control. To redial a number press the Send button on the remote control twice. The caller will be heard through your car speakers, while you talk into the receiver's integrated front-panel mic.
- Audio Streaming: The built-in Bluetooth audio streaming feature allows you to stream digital audio from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone to the LA-1500BT and control basic playback of the audio through the receiver. You can listen to stored music and music apps on your mobile phone through digital media receiver. The LA-1500BT will also control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause & Skip Next/Previous. No song/artist information will be displayed.
Note: Your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or digital audio player must be paired with LA-1500BT before hands-free & wireless operation. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the LA-1500BT.
RadioView App: Another way to control the digital media receiver, instead of using its front-panel controls or the included remote, is by using your Android smartphone. You will need to download the free "RadioView" app from Google Play onto your Android mobile device (2.0+). You'll be able to switch sources and control playback functions from your compatible Android smartphone.
IR Remote: The LA-1500BT comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the digital media receiver.
22W x 4CH Amplifier: The Lightning Audio LA-1500BT digital media receiver employs a 22W x 4Ch RMS amplifier (50W x 4Ch Peak).
5CH/2V RCA Outputs: The Lightning Audio LA-1500BT is equipped with a pair of 2V front- and rear-channel RCA outputs, as well as a single 2V mono-sub RCA output for connection of external amplifiers.
3-Band EQ w/ 4 Presets: The LA-1500BT offers 4 preset EQ modes (Flat/Classic/Rock/Pop), plus a User EQ mode. The User EQ mode lets you manually adjust the receiver's 3-band equalizer (bass/mid/treble).
Programmable Turn-On Volume: You can set the head unit to turn-on to the last volume level adjustment when turned off, or turn-on to a pre-defined volume level (0-30) every time you power up the radio.
Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
AM/FM Tuner: The Lightning Audio LA-1500BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning.
18 FM/12 AM Presets: You can store a total of 18 FM stations presets and 12 AM station presets, manually or automatically.
RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
Local Seek Mode: The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played.
Mono Mode: If an analog FM stereo broadcast is hard to receive, you can manually switch the tuner to Mono operation.
US/European Tuning: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
Detachable Face: The Lightning Audio LA-1500BT features a detachable face to deter theft (a soft cloth pouch is included). An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit.
Single-Line LCD: The digital media receiver uses a single-line LCD with white text and black background.
12/24 Hour Clock: You can set the unit to display a 12 or 24 hour clock.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.