Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
CD Receiver with CD Changer Controls
Item #: 500CDA9805
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Alpine CDA-9805 by Crutchfield's Robert Ferency-Viars
Turn on Alpine's CDA-9805 CD receiver, and the 23-watts RMS of MOSFET power will propel music through your speakers with intense depth and detail. Activate the Media Xpander feature to bring more energy and life to music that's been broadcast or compressed.
Alpine's Bass Engine® lets you pick the bass and treble center frequencies, choose the width of the bass boost, and adjust the subwoofer level, so you can dial in the sound you want. And with three sets of preamp outputs, you can expand your car audio system over time to include component amps for your speakers and subs.
The CDA-9805 will control an Alpine CD changer, so you can enjoy the convenience of multi-disc playback. You'll want to add an Alpine XM Satellite Radio tuner and an XM antenna so you can activate your XM service. Give it a try and you'll never listen to Earthbound radio again!Details:
- detachable face
- MaxTune tuner
- 12 FM/6 AM presets
- Bass Engine (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments)
- Media Xpander
- XM Satellite Radio controls (XM Radio subscription, tuner, antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal.) service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories
- CD changer controls for Alpine Ai-NET changers only
- optional auxiliary input
- MOSFET internal amp
- 4-volt front and rear preamp outputs
- 4-volt subwoofer preamp outputs
- 23 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness (has in-line fuse holder with 15A fuse)
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|RMS Power Output||23 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Blackout Display Mode: When the Blackout mode is activated, the display turns off and the buttons dim to reduce power consumption. The additional power made available by turning off the display helps enhance sound quality.
Bass Engine: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine includes the following functions:
- Bass Center Frequency Control: To tailor bass response to your preference, you may select the bass control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 200Hz.
- Bass Width Control: You may choose from four band width (Q-Factor) settings for the bass control; the bass control can be set to affect a wide or narrow band of frequencies.
- Bass Type: You may choose from the following Bass Type settings: Type 1, Type 2, or Type 3. Type 1 will sound best if you have a subwoofer in your system. Use Type 2 or Type 3 if you are using small diameter speakers.
- Treble Center Frequency Control: To tailor treble response to your preference, you may select the treble control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 10kHz, 12.5kHz, 15kHz, or 17.5kHz.
- Subwoofer Level Control: The level of the subwoofer preamp outputs can be adjusted to balance the output of your subwoofer with that of your other speakers.
MX (MediaXpander): The CDA-9805 features the MediaXpander function, which is offered on Bass Engine Pro, Bass Engine Plus, and some Bass Engine models. The MediaXpander function makes vocals or instruments sound distinct by restoring sound quality typically lost during recording or transmission; this function helps restore audio information that becomes obscured when audio is compressed. The MX function can be applied to all sources, except AM radio. There are three expansion modes for each internal source (CD, FM), and each source can have its own setting. There are only one or two expansion modes available for external sources.
Disc and Station Titling: Titles of up to 8 characters in length may be entered for up to 18 radio stations and 18 CDs.
XM Radio Ready: An optional XM Satellite Radio tuner may be connected to, and controlled by, this unit. The optional tuner, along with an antenna and subscription, allows you to receive XM Satellite Radio. XM Satellite Radio programming features up to 100 channels of digital-quality music, news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming.
Auxiliary Input Ready: With the addition of the optional KCA-121B Ai-NET/RCA interface cable, the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter, or the KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal, the audio from an auxiliary source can be played through this unit. When the KCA-121B interface cable is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to the head unit; the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter allows you to connect an auxiliary source and an Ai-NET changer to the head unit. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal allows you to feed audio from up to two auxiliary sources and two Ai-NET CD changers to the head unit.
MobileHub Link: Using the MobileHub Link, you can connect an optional Junction Box and a Nokia 6310i tri-band GSM cellular phone, allowing you to control the incoming and outgoing calls from the head unit.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with 6- and 12-disc Alpine Ai-NET CD changers; also, this unit can control Alpine Ai-NET CD/MP3 changers and DVD changers. Alpine M-Bus CD changers cannot be controlled by this unit.
Multiple Changer Control: With the addition of an optional adapter, more than one CD changer can be controlled. One KCA-400C adapter will allow you to connect up to 4 CD changers, and two KCA-400C adapters will allow you to connect up to a total of 6 CD changers. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal can be used to connect up to two CD changers and two auxiliary audio sources.
Text Display: When connected to a text capable changer, this unit can display text data from CD Text encoded CDs and MP3 CDs.
Disc Titling: When connected to a CD changer with disc title memory, CD titles may be entered and displayed for discs played in the changer. The title length and title capacity varies depending on the model of CD changer used; titles cannot be input for MP3 discs.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.