Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
CD/MP3/WMA Receiver with CD Changer Controls
Our take on the Alpine CDA-9813 by Crutchfield's Robert Ferency-Viars
Turbocharge your music with V-Drive high power! Alpine put their most potent MOSFET hybrid amp into the CDA-9813 CD receiver it cranks out 27 watts of continuous power by four channels. With that kind of power, you'll notice details in your tunes that you've never been able to hear before. And V-Drive power means you have "volume-on-demand" whenever you need it!
Bring along all the music you want because this ready-to-party receiver plays CD-Rs and CD-RWs loaded with your MP3 and Windows Media (WMA) files. Fill up some discs and host an in-car party like no other did we mention that the V-Drive power rocks?
With Bass Engine® Pro, you get an astounding degree of control over your music. In addition to 6-channel digital time correction and a 6-position digital crossover, Bass Engine Pro adds a 5-band parametric EQ. You can even use the i-Personalize feature on Alpine's web site to create Bass Engine settings customized for your vehicle. Then, print out the specific settings to use as a guide for adjusting your receiver. With this kind of power and precise control, there's no excuse for bad sound!
Add an Alpine Ai-NET CD changer for long-playing entertainment. If system expansion is your game, three sets of preamp outputs simplify adding outboard amplifiers. Connect an optional Alpine XM tuner, and discover the future of radio with over 100 channels of coast-to-coast, digital-quality music, news, sports, and entertainment (XM antenna and subscription also required).
Important Note: The powerful output of Alpine's V-Drive internal amplifier requires a direct fused connection to your vehicle's battery! We recommend that you purchase a 10-gauge amp wiring kit with this receiver.Details:
- detachable, fold-down face
- MaxTune SQ tuner
- 12 FM/6 AM presets
- plays MP3 and WMA files
- displays MP3 text (ID-3 tags)
- V-Drive hybrid MOSFET60 internal amp high-current draw requires direct fused connection to your battery
- Bass Engine Pro
- Media Xpander
- 5-band parametric EQ
- XM Satellite Radio controls (XM Radio subscription, tuner, antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal.) service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories
- CD changer controls for Alpine Ai-NET changers only
- optional auxiliary input
- 4-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
- wireless remote
- 27 watts RMS/60 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- 1-year warranty
Best HU I've ever owned! Unfortunately it was stolen. Best sound and real control. Paired with a mono Alpine amp and Kicker Solobaric in small truck sounded great! I miss it! Now I have the CDA-9857 and its still working perfectly as of June 2012! Not quite as good as the 9813 though.
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness with in-line noise filter and fuse/fuse holder
- RUE-4187 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine CDA-9813 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|RMS Power Output||27 watts|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green and red|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Selectable Faceplate Angle: In addition to the standard faceplate position, there are two preset faceplate angles for you to choose from.
Blackout Display Mode: When the Blackout mode is activated, the display turns off to reduce power consumption. The additional power made available by turning off the display helps enhance sound quality.
Display Dimming: This unit is equipped with an illumination dimmer lead. When the unit's dimmer mode has been set to "AUTO" and the illumination lead has been connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit, the display's illumination will dim to a fixed, preset level whenever the headlights are turned on. If preferred, you may choose the "MANUAL" dimmer mode setting, so the display is dim at all times.
Audio Level Display: You may choose from three audio signal level display patterns, or the audio signal level display may be turned off.
V-Drive Hybrid Amplifier: A V-Drive MOSFET power unit is used to boost the incoming voltage from 14.4 volts (approx.) to 17.2 volts. The increased voltage allows the unit to deliver peak output of 60 watts x 4 channels. While providing high power output, this unit can draw a substantial amount of current, so the constant power wire must be connected directly to the positive terminal of the battery in your vehicle. For more info, please see the "Wiring Note" section below.
Bass Engine Pro: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine Pro includes the following functions:
- 6-Channel Digital Time Correction: The time correction feature allows you to create virtual speaker positions by delaying the signals being sent to the speakers closest to you. When the correct delay times have been entered for the front right, front left, rear right, rear left, subwoofer left, and subwoofer right speakers, all sounds reach your ears at the same time, providing optimized imaging and frequency response.
- 6-Position Digital
Crossover with Adjustable Slope:
The digital crossover allows you to choose from the following modes:
- 2-way Mode: A continuously variable 20-200Hz low-pass filter is available for the subwoofer outputs, and a continuously variable 20-200Hz high-pass filter is available for the front and rear preamp outputs. The slope for each filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24dB/octave, or Flat. The level for each filter can be adjusted from 0 to -12dB.
- 3-way Mode: A continuously variable 20-200Hz low-pass filter is available for the subwoofer outputs, and a continuously variable 1-20kHz high-pass filter is available for the front preamp outputs. The rear preamp outputs have a continuously variable 20Hz-20kHz low-pass filter and a continuously variable 20-200Hz high-pass filter. The slope for each filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24dB/octave, or Flat. The level for each filter can be adjusted from 0 to -12dB.
- 5-band Digital Parametric EQ: The 5-band parametric EQ lets you select a center frequency, then adjust its output level and even the "width" of the boost or cut for precise system tuning. The parametric EQ offers a selection of 5 frequencies and 22 center frequencies. Once a frequency is selected, you can adjust its level from -6dB to +6dB in 1dB increments. The Q for each frequency can be set to 1, 2, or 3. In addition to the user-adjustable EQ, three tone presets are stored into memory, allowing you to recall the best setting for different types of music. You may choose from the following tone presets: "Pops", "Rock", or "News".
- MX (MediaXpander): The MediaXpander function makes vocals or instruments sound distinct by restoring sound quality typically lost during recording or transmission; this function helps restore audio information that becomes obscured when audio is compressed. The MX function can be applied to all sources, except AM radio. There are three expansion modes for each internal source (CD, FM, MP3/WMA/XM), and each source can have its own setting. There are also three expansion modes available for external sources.
- Subwoofer Level Control: The level of the subwoofer preamp outputs can be adjusted to balance the output of your subwoofer with that of your other speakers.
- Subwoofer Phase Selector: The phase of the subwoofer outputs may be set to normal (0 degrees) or reverse (180 degrees); this function allows you to minimize phase cancellation of bass frequencies, for stronger bass response.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs containing MP3/WMA files recorded using the ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats. MP3 files with constant and variable bit rates from 8 kbps to 320 kbps and WMA files with constant and variable bit rates from 32 kbps to 192 kbps are supported. Discs recorded using Joliet or other ISSO 9660 compliant formats can be played, but file and folder names will not be displayed correctly. CD-ROM XA, Mixed Mode CD, Enhanced CD (CD-Extra) and multi-session recordings are supported, but recordings made using Track At Once or packet writing cannot be correctly played back. Discs containing both standard CD audio and MP3/WMA data can be played; the unit may be set to play only the CD audio tracks or both types of tracks. ID3 tag v1 and v2 are supported; track title, artist name and album name ID3 tag data can be displayed.
Disc and Station Titling: Titles of up to 8 characters in length may be entered for up to 24 radio stations and 18 CDs.
XM Radio Ready: An optional XM Satellite Radio tuner may be connected to, and controlled by, this unit. The optional tuner, along with an antenna and subscription, allows you to receive XM Satellite Radio. XM Satellite Radio programming features up to 100 channels of digital-quality music, news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming.
Auxiliary Input Ready: With the addition of the optional KCA-121B Ai-NET/RCA interface cable, the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter, or the KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal, the audio from an auxiliary source can be played through this unit. When the KCA-121B interface cable is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to the head unit; the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter allows you to connect an auxiliary source and an Ai-NET changer to the head unit. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal allows you to feed audio from up to two auxiliary sources and two Ai-NET CD changers to the head unit.
MobileHub Link: Using the MobileHub Link, you can connect an optional Junction Box and a Nokia 6310i tri-band GSM cellular phone, allowing you to control the incoming and outgoing calls from the head unit.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with 6- and 12-disc Alpine Ai-NET CD changers; also, this unit can control Alpine Ai-NET CD/MP3 changers and DVD changers. Alpine M-Bus CD changers cannot be controlled by this unit.
Multiple Changer Control: With the addition of an optional adapter, more than one CD changer can be controlled. One KCA-400C adapter will allow you to connect up to 4 CD changers, and two KCA-400C adapters will allow you to connect up to a total of 6 CD changers. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal can be used to connect up to two CD changers and two auxiliary audio sources.
Text Display: When connected to a text capable changer, this unit can display text data from CD Text encoded CDs and MP3 CDs.
Disc Titling: When connected to a CD changer with disc title memory, CD titles may be entered and displayed for discs played in the changer. The title length and title capacity varies depending on the model of CD changer used; titles cannot be input for MP3 discs.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.
Wiring Note: While providing high power output, this unit can draw a substantial amount of current. Per Alpine, this receiver's constant power wire must be connected directly to the positive terminal of the battery in your vehicle, and 10-gauge wire must be used to make the connection. This requires a length of 10-gauge power cable, an in-line fuse holder with a 20- to 30-amp fuse and a ring terminal (the ring terminal is used to connect the cable to the battery clamp). Although all the pieces of a basic amplifier wiring kit will not be not needed, if you do not wish to assemble the required items separately, the power wire and in-line fuse holder from a basic 10-gauge kit can be used to connect the constant power wire to your vehicle's battery. For a secure, permanent connection, the 10-gauge cable must be soldered to this receiver's 16-gauge constant power wire.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.