Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Our take on the Alpine CDE-133BT by Crutchfield's Zak Billmeier
Talk hands-free, plus stream music with Bluetooth®
Other devices may come and go, but one thing's for sure — you never leave home without your phone. The Alpine CDE-133BT CD receiver lets you talk hands-free, plus stream music from a compatible phone, all without messy wires.
Advanced Bluetooth features
Have you ever tried to talk to someone, but been unable to understand them because their in-car Bluetooth just didn't cut it? Your callers will hear you loud and clear with the CDE-133BT fielding your calls. First, you can mount the included microphone somewhere in front of you so it'll have no problem picking up your voice. Next, the receiver lets you adjust the mic's gain to best match your speaking voice. You can also tweak the phone output and ring volume, so you won't go diving for the volume knob every time someone calls.
When a call comes in, you'll see your caller's phone number on the screen. You can answer the call by tapping the CDE-133BT's phone button, or set up the receiver to answer all calls automatically. If someone else calls in, just tap the "2" key to activate call waiting.
Stream your tunes, too
If your phone or another device supports Bluetooth music streaming, you can beam your tunes and control playback with the CDE-133BT. Alpine's Sound Expansion technology helps your streaming tunes sound their best.
Great for your iPod® and iPhone®
You can use the CDE-133BT's controls to navigate your iPod's music library, thanks to a convenient front-panel USB input. The person riding shotgun will love Passenger Control Mode, which lets them play DJ while you focus on driving. And let's not forget about what made Alpine famous in the first place — great sound quality. You can adjust your sound to taste with one of the ten equalizer presets or by using the 3-band parametric EQ.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Alpine stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Alpine, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Note: Sorry, Crutchfield cannot ship Alpine products to Guam or Puerto Rico.
Easy to operate. Great aftermarket bluetooth. So far so good.
Brad T, Maple Grove MN
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD receiver (with 10A ATC fuse inserted in chassis)
- Face (attached)
- Wiring harness
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Microphone (with attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector)
- Microphone clip
- Hard plastic face case
- 4 Flat-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Reference Guide (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- System Requirements (for CD-ROM)
- Online Product Registration card
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- 3-band parametric equalizer with ten presets
- inputs: front USB port, front auxiliary input
- outputs: 2-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front/subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
Alpine CDE-133BT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power Output||18 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Bluetooth Plus (powered by Parrot): The Alpine CDE-133BT features built-in Bluetooth technology powered by Parrot. The CDE-133BT supports Bluetooth (version 3.0) hands-free communication & audio streaming for the iPhone & other Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones/devices. Hands-free communication is possible from the Alpine head unit when using a HSP (Head Set Profile) & HFP (Hands-Free Profile) compatible Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Wireless audio streaming is possible from the CDE-133BT when using a A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) & AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) compatible Bluetooth enabled mobile device.
Pairing: The Alpine CDE-133BT can be paired to up to five Bluetooth enabled mobile devices (only one device can be used at a time). Not all Bluetooth mobile phones will be compatible. Parrot software updates provide support for future phones.
External Microphone with Noise Cancellation: The included external microphone (with visor-clip) allows you to speak to the other party on the telephone call hands-free, while the other party's voice is played through your car stereo speakers. The CDE-133BT features a noise cancellation function to ensure that your calls are heard clearly. You can adjust the microphone's volume level from 0 to 7. You can also mute the microphone, so your voice will not be heard by the caller. The external microphone measures 0.5625" (diameter) x 1.625" (deep).
Placing Calls: The Alpine CDE-133BT provides a variety of functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The Alpine CDE-133BT features full phone book access, call history, voice tag dialing, and redial with compatible phones.
- Voice Dialing: If you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact by simply speaking the name of your contact.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Up to 1,000 entries (5 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can select the first 3 call letters (ABC) to search for a desired name in your phonebook.
- Preset Dialing: You can assign phone numbers that you dial frequently to presets (1-6) for quick recall. You can assign up to six frequently called phone numbers. A total of 18 phone numbers can be stored in the preset memory (6 numbers for each mobile phone paired).
- Call History: The 80 previously dialed, received, or missed numbers can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
Receiving Calls: The Alpine CDE-133BT provides a couple ways to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone. Incoming calls are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's display.
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" button on your Alpine head unit.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
Call Switch: This function allows you to initiate the transfer of audio between your mobile phone and your car's speakers.
Text Message Alert: The CDE-133BT can give you a notification on the display with a blinking mail icon indicator for 30 seconds while receiving a text message. The mail icon indicator will remain on if there is an unread message on a connected mobile phone. You cannot send a text message using the head unit's controls.
Audio Streaming: The Alpine CDE-133BT can stream music from you Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP mobile device. Not only can it control & stream your music through Bluetooth, it can process your music using its built-in DSP Sound Expansion to ensure you get the best sound. Basic playback functions include - Play, Pause, & Skip (Previous/Next).
Note: Bluetooth Firmware Update v01.27.00 is required for Bluetooth control and song information display from an Apple iOS 6.0+ device.
Bluetooth Sound Quality Adjustments: You can customize the sound of your Bluetooth hands-free experience to fit your own preferences. You can adjust the CDE-133BT's mic gain, phone output, & ring tone volume. If that's not enough, there are 5 sound quality settings to choose from to get the balance just right for you. This flexibility will make your phone calls a pleasurable experience.
- Volume Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of phone call, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference. The Phone Talk Level, Ring Tone, & Mic Gain are all adjustable between -5 to + 5 dB.
- Sound Types: This unit provides 5 methods to improve the sound quality of your calls. You can choose the type according to your own preference - Type 1 (standard mode), Type 2 (enhances noise reduction), Type 3 (enhances echo-cancellation), Type 4 (enhances both noise reduction & echo cancellation), & Type 5 (weakens both noise reduction & echo-cancellation).
Speaker Output: You can select which car speaker outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device.
- All: The audio will be output from all of the speakers in the car
- F-L: The sound is only output from the front left speaker.
- F-R: The sound is only output from the front right speaker.
- F-LR: The sound is output from the front left and front right speakers.
USB Port: The Alpine CDE-133BT features a front-panel USB type-A port, so you may connect a USB memory device to this head unit. Your connected USB memory device may contain MP3 (8-320 kbps) music files formatted in FAT 12/16/32. ID3 tags (v1, v2) are supported; track title, artist name, and album name ID3 tag data can be displayed. This unit will recognized up to 100 folders and 100 files per folder.You can use the head unit's Quick Search (text/file/folder) function to browse your USB device's music library. Repeat (file/folder) & Random (all/folder) playback functions are also supported. Your USB memory device's control will be locked once connected to the Alpine head unit. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The head unit's USB port is not compatible with WMA/AAC files.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: You can connect your iPod or iPhone to the head unit's front-panel USB port using the Alpine KCU-445i iPod/iPhone cable (500KCU445I, sold separately) or the iPod dock-connector cable which came with your iPod/iPhone to get access to all of your iPod/iPhone's stored music, right from the head unit. If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. The Alpine CDE-133BT offers audio playback, music navigation, information display, & charging of select iPod/iPhone models.
iPod/iPhone Audio Playback (with DAC bypass): The Alpine CDE-133BT supports audio playback of music, podcast, and audiobook files stored on your iPod or iPhone; as well as music apps streamed to your iPod/iPhone. The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's large music libraries to be loaded instantly to the Alpine head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC), allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB.
iPod/iPhone Control: Once your iPod/iPhone is connected, you get convenient control of your iPod/iPhone's music library from the head unit. You can also choose to control your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen.
- Head Unit: The Alpine CDE-133BT lets you navigate your iPod/iPhone's music library by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook. You can then search each category alphabetically (A-Z). For especially big music libraries, the Percentage Search function uses the head unit's preset buttons for quick jumps to specific parts of the a Category (Preset 1: 0% to 16%, Preset 2: 17% to 32%, Preset 3: 33% to 49%, Preset 4: 50% to 66%, Preset 5: 67% to 82%, Preset 6: 83% to 100% of the song library). The head unit also offers three Shuffle playback functions (All/Album/Category) and Repeat playback function (song).
- iPod Passenger Control: In iPod Passenger Control mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen. You can also listen to your favorite music apps (such as Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker) from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Alpine head unit and your vehicle's speakers. You will continue to use your iPhone's touchscreen to navigate your apps. Not all apps will be compatible.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod/iPhone Display: The Alpine CDE-133BT will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information in Head Unit or iPod Passenger Control mode. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, & Album label. The unit will not display music app information.
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Alpine CDE-133BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/27/2012):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Auxiliary Input: The unit is equipped with front-panel minijack (3.5mm) auxiliary input. You can input audio from an auxiliary source unit: such as a portable MP3 player. You can change the name on the display to match the type of device connected to the front panel input; Auxiliary, TV, DVD, Portable, or Game.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio, CD-Text, and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs.
MP3 Playback: This unit can play CD-R and CD-RW discs containing MP3 audio files recorded using the ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats. MP3 files with bit rates from 8-320 kbps are supported. Variable bit rates are also compatible. Up to a maximum of 255 folders & a maximum 510 files can be read from one disc. ID3 tags (v1, v2) are supported; track title, artist name, and album name ID3 tag data can be displayed.
Note: The head unit does not support WMA/AAC file playback.
Text/File/Folder Quick Search: When you are playing a disc with CD Text or ID3 tags, you can easily search for a track, file, or folder by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the rotary encoder to quickly scan through the titles to locate the desired track. For discs without CD Text or ID3 tags, searches are made using the track numbers associated with each song.
Playback Modes: The Alpine CDE-133BT offers Repeat and Random playback modes.
- Repeat: Repeat Play (repeats playback of current track/file), Folder Repeat (repeats only files in current folder).
- Random: Random Play (all tracks/files on disc are played in random order), Folder Random (only files in current folder are played back in random order).
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Reload: When a CD is ejected and left sticking out of the CD slot for 20 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Angle Mounting: For proper CD playback, Alpine recommends mounting the CDE-133BT no more that 35° above horizontal.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Head Unit Power Pack (optional): Add the KTP-445A (500KTP445A, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445A is compact enough to install behind the Alpine CD receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
Preset EQ: You can select from 10 different EQ presets to get the best sound from all your sources. You can choose from Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electric Dance, Hip-Hop, Easy Listening, Country, or Classical.
3-Band Parametric Equalizer: If the Equalizer presets aren't enough for your listening taste, there's a 3-Band Parametric Equalizer you can adjust for a better sound response curve. Bass, Mid, & Treble can be adjusted in the 3-Band Parametric mode.
- Treble Control:
- Center Frequency: 7.5kHz, 10kHz (default), 12.5kHz, or 15kHz
- Width Q: Wide 0.75 or Narrow 1.25
- Level: -7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)
- Midrange Control:
- Center Frequency: 500Hz, 1.0kHz, 1.5kHz, or 2.5kHz
- Width Q: Wide 0.75, Medium 1.0, Medium 1.25, or Narrow 1.5
- Level: -7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)
- Bass Control:
- Center Frequency: 60Hz, 80Hz (default), 100Hz, or 120Hz
- Width Q: Wide 0.5, Medium 1.0, Medium 1.5, or Narrow. 2.0
- Level: -7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)
Loudness: Loudness introduces a special low & high frequency emphasis at low listening levels to compensate for the ear's decreased sensitivity to bass and treble sound at low volume.
Switchable Preamp Output: The unit is equipped with Front/SW preamp output, which can be set to either a fading front-channel preamp output or a non-fading subwoofer preamp output.
Subwoofer Control: When the non-fading subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can adjust the subwoofer's volume, low-pass filter, & phase.
- Volume: There are two volume (system) modes for the
unit's subwoofer output.
- System 1: Subwoofer level changes according to the main volume setting.
- System 2: Subwoofer level change is different from the main volume setting (0-15); even at low volume settings, the subwoofer is still audible.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or Off (through).
- Subwoofer Phase: The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
High Pass Filter: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front-channel preamp output (when activated). You can set the unit's high-pass filter to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or Off (through).
Source Volume Level: The output level of each source is individually adjustable from -5 to + 5 dB.
AM/FM Tuner: The Alpine CDE-133BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning.
Preset Tuning: The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically.
Local/Distance Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. Distance seek tuning allows both strong and weak stations to be tuned.
Detachable Face: The unit features a single front loading CD face that detaches from the chassis to deter theft. The CD player comes supplied with a hard plastic face case to protect the detachable face when you have it off the chassis. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit.
1-Line LCD Display: This unit is equipped with a 1-Line white-backlit LCD, so you can easily view AM/FM stations, CD-Text, & ID-3 tag information.
Text Display: Text information, such as the disc name and the track name, will be displayed if playing a CD text compatible disc. It is also possible to display the folder name, the file name,& the tag information, while playing a MP3 disc or USB memory device.
Text Scroll: This unit can scroll the disc & track names recorded on CD-Text disc, as well as the text information of MP3 files, folder names, and tags. There are two Text Scroll settings.
- Auto: The CD text information, the information of folder and file names, and the tags are scrolled automatically.
- Manual: The display is scrolled when a disc is loaded or when a track is changed.
Auto Dimmer: This unit is equipped with an illumination lead; when the unit's dimmer mode is set to Auto and the illumination lead is connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit, the display and button illumination will dim to a fixed, preset level whenever the headlights are turned on. If preferred, you may choose the Manual dimmer mode setting, so the display and button illumination is dim at all times.
Demo Mode: This unit has a demonstration feature for its display which can be turned On or Off in the menu.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Optional Wireless Remote: The Alpine CDE-133BT is wireless remote control ready. Simply add on the Alpine RUE-4202 IR remote (500RUE4202, sold separately) to make it even easier to control the head unit's functions.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.