Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Item #: 500CDE7870
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Alpine CDE-7870
Alpine Electronics delivers Mobile Multimedia excellence! Even the entry-level CDE-7870 is built with the same quality, reliability, and outstanding design that you'll find in every Alpine component.
There's a built-in high-power MOSFET amp, for ear-pleasing listening that beats other internal amps hands down. The super-clean signal-to-noise ratio lets you hear more musical detail from your CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs. And the sensitive MaxTune tuner serves up crisp, clear radio reception.
Alpine's Bass Engine® shapes the CDE-7870's tone contour, for sound the way you want it. You can choose a low-frequency center point, tighten or loosen the bass response, and adjust the level of punch or boom. For even more tone control, select a treble center frequency and boost or cut the highs as well.Details:
- detachable face
- MaxTune tuner
- 18 presets
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- MOSFET45 built-in amp
- Bass Engine (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments)
- selectable full-range/non-fading preamp outputs
- source tone memory
- 19.5 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD receiver
- Hard face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness with in-line noise filter/fuse holder with an installed 15A fuse
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||NA|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power Output||19.5 watts|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green/Amber|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Bass Engine: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine includes the following functions:
- Bass Center Frequency Control: To tailor bass response to your preference, you may select the bass control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 200Hz.
- Bass Width Control: You may choose from four band width (Q-Factor) settings for the bass control; the bass control can be set to affect a wide or narrow band of frequencies.
- Treble Center Frequency Control: To tailor treble response to your preference, you may select the treble control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 10kHz, 12.5kHz, 15kHz, or 17.5kHz.
- Subwoofer Level Control: The level of the subwoofer preamp outputs can be adjusted to balance the output of your subwoofer with that of your other speakers.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.