Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
CD Receiver with M-Bus CD Changer Controls
Item #: 500CDM7874
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Alpine CDM-7874
The CDM-7874 CD receiver combines top-notch sound with system expandability in one attractive package. A mainstay of recording studios worldwide, BBE® processing brings clarity and punch to your music with its unique style of sonic enhancement.
Gain access to six times the music when you add an optional Alpine CHM-S630 6-disc CD changer. If you add one to your receiver order, you'll save $$ with our package discount. Or, if you prefer, you can plug in your portable MP3, tape, or digital music player with an inexpensive auxiliary input.
Alpine's Bass Engine® gives you more control over the CDM-7874's tone contour with adjustments for bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level. Use it with optional Alpine Bass Engine component amps and subwoofers to really rock your ride!Details:
- detachable face
- MaxTune tuner
- 12 FM/6 AM presets
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- MOSFET50 internal amp
- Bass Engine (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments)
- BBE processing
- CD changer controls for the CHM-S630 6-disc changer (will control the CHA-S634 6-disc changer with optional M-Bus/Ai-Net cable) add an Alpine M-Bus changer to your receiver order, and save $$ with Crutchfield's package discount
- optional auxiliary input
- front and selectable rear/non-fading preamp outputs
- source tone memory
- 20 watts RMS/50 watts peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver
- Hard face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness with in-line noise filter/fuse holder with an installed 15A fuse
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||NA|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power Output||20 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green/Amber|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Audio Level Display: You may choose from two audio signal level display patterns, or the audio signal level display may be turned off.
Bass Engine: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine includes the following functions:
- Bass Center Frequency Control: To tailor bass response to your preference, you may select the bass control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 200Hz.
- Bass Width Control: You may choose from four band width (Q-Factor) settings for the bass control; the bass control can be set to affect a wide or narrow band of frequencies.
- Treble Center Frequency Control: To tailor treble response to your preference, you may select the treble control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 10kHz, 12.5kHz, 15kHz, or 17.5kHz.
- Subwoofer Level Control: The level of the subwoofer preamp outputs can be adjusted to balance the output of your subwoofer with that of your other speakers.
BBE Processor: The BBE processor installed in this unit is designed to correct the phase distortion inherent in most loudspeaker designs. Ensuring the phase integrity of the signal driving the speakers improves the accurate reproduction of the sound. The BBE processor can be turned on or off.
Auxiliary Input Ready: With the addition of the optional KCM-122B M-Bus/RCA interface cable, the audio from an auxiliary source can be played through this unit. When the KCM-122B interface cable is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to the head unit.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with 6-disc Alpine M-Bus CD changers. Using the optional M-Bus/Ai-NET compatible cable (KCA-130B), this unit can control the CHA-S634 Ai-NET 6-disc CD changer.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.