Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Universal rear-view camera
Our take on the Alpine HCE-C115 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Alpine's HCE-C115 rear-view camera helps you back in and out of tight places, so you can safely navigate through almost any parking situation. The 1.5 lux 1/4" CMOS sensor camera works well in low-light situations and offers a 127° horizontal viewing angle. You'll see a bright, wide look at what's behind your vehicle, day or night.
This tiny camera measures less than one square inch, so it'll fit just about anywhere. You can pair it with Alpine's KTX-C10LP license plate mounting kit, for a handy and stealthy installation solution. The package includes a converter box which allows the HCE-C115 camera to work with any in-dash receiver or front-mount screen with a composite video input. Warranty: 1 year.
Good clear camera, works well. Easy to install. Fits it Alpine plate mount.
Dave, New York
What's in the Box:
- Rear view camera (with attached 20" harness terminated by a 5-pin molex plug)
- Hide-away box (with attached 39" power and ground leads)
- 16.5' Connector cable (with a 5-pin connector on each end)
- 16.5' Composite video cable
- 19.5' Red accessory wire
- 2 Camera mounting brackets
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 2 Machine screws (with a lock- and flat-washer attached)
- 5 Cable clamps
- Rubber wedge
- 3M Two-sided tape
- 2 Sections of velcro
- 8.25" Shrink-tubing
- Hex key
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Customer Care Registration Card
Alpine HCE-C115 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: Add the Alpine HCE-C115 rear view camera to your vehicle's in-dash monitor for added safety and back out of parking spots with more ease. This small camera (mounting bracket included) can be installed on the rear bumper, by the license plate of your SUV, truck, or car. The high quality color picture is projected right onto your vehicle's in-dash monitor via composite video so you can view what's behind you, right from the convenience of your dash. The Alpine HCE-C115 consists of a Rear View Camera, Hide-Away Box, as well as necessary cable and hardware for installation.
Note: Because the HCE-C115 has a standard composite video output (RCA), it can be used with any monitor with a composite video rear-camera input.
Rear View Camera: The rearview camera assists you (the driver) in checking behind your vehicle by sending images to your vehicle's in-dash monitor, showing conditions behind the car. The camera uses a wide-angle lens, therefore, there is a difference in distance perspective between what is normally seen and what appears on the screen. Also, the images shown by the camera are reversed, so as to appear the same as what is seen through the rearview mirror. The Alpine Rear View Camera offers the following additional features.
- Weatherproof housing
- 1/4" color CCD image sensor with a 4:3 aspect ratio
- 640 x 480 (300,000) effective pixels
- 127° horizontal viewing angle & 101° vertical viewing angle
- Illumination Range of 1.5 lx or more (50 IRE more)
- 1.16mm focal length
- F = 2.8 brightness
Hide-Away Box: The included Hide-Away Box transfers the signal from the Rear View Camera to your vehicle's in-dash monitor via composite video. The Hide-Away Box mounts inside the vehicle and consists of the following connections.
- Power: The Hide-Away Box features a 39" accessory 12-volt & ground lead. The black ground lead attaches to the vehicle's metal chassis, while the 12-volt accessory lead can be wired into your vehicle's reverse light wire so it automatically turns on when you put the vehicle in reverse. There is a 19.5' extension accessory wire supplied.
- Rear Camera: The Hide-Away Box features a 5-pin connector which connect the supplied 16.5' connector cable between the Hide-Away Box and the Rear View Camera. This connector cable supplies power and ground to the camera as well as transfers video from the camera to the Hide-Away Box.
- Video Out: The Hide-Away Box features a composite video connector to connect the supplied 16.5' composite video cable between the Hide-Away Box and your in-dash video monitor. This cable supplies the video transferred to the Hide-Away Box to your in-dash monitor.
Mounting: The Rear View Camera comes supplied with a weather-proof mounting bracket designed to mount to the rear of your vehicle. The mounting bracket features a self-adhesive backing as well as comes supplied with mounting screws. The bracket allows you to angle the camera up or down. The Hide-Away Box is designed to mount inside the vehicle and comes supplied with velcro strips and two-side tape to mount the box to a clean, flat surface of your vehicle. The HCE-C115 also comes supplied with five self-adhesive cable clips for wire management.
- Width = 0.9375"
- Height = 0.9375"
- Depth = 1.125"
- Width = 1.625"
- Height = 1.125"
- Depth = 0.8125"
- Width = 4.0625"
- Height = 1.0"
- Depth = 3.5"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.