Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Watch a product review
Our take on the Alpine CDE-HD137BT by Crutchfield's Zak Billmeier
Put Pandora® in your dash
Alpine's CDE-HD137BT CD receiver lets you put your Pandora stations right where you want them — in your dash. You can change stations, skip tracks, and rate songs just like you do online. Your smartphone and a free Pandora app are the key. Android® and BlackBerry® users get full control, including thumbs up and thumbs down ratings, through the Bluetooth® connection. iPhone® users connect through the USB input, and can utilize play and pause features through the receiver — full control is through the iPhone itself.
Ever have that confusing conversation over Bluetooth where your caller keeps asking you to repeat what you're saying? Alpine gives you the tools you need need to end those annoying calls. First, you can mount the included microphone in a good spot in front of you so it'll have no problem picking up your voice. Next, the receiver lets you adjust the mic's gain to best match your speaking voice. You can also tweak the phone output and ring volume, so you won't go diving for the volume knob every time someone calls. And, last of all, this Alpine downloads up to a thousand names from your phonebook, and allows you to search by alphabet to find the number you want.
Stream music to your dash
If your phone or another device supports Bluetooth music streaming, you can beam your tunes and control playback with the CDE-HD137BT. You won't get full control this way, but you can perform some basic functions like track up and track down. Best of all, no wires are needed.
Built-in HD Radio™ and iTunes® tagging
Alpine's HD Radio tuner lets you tune in digital AM/FM broadcasts, significantly pumping up the sound quality. Participating FM stations sound about as good as a CD, while AM stations sound like traditional FM. If you've got subs in your system, you'll appreciate the bass HD Radio puts back in your favorite tunes. Plus while your iPod's connected and you've got an HD Radio station tuned in, you can "tag" songs you like for later purchase from the iTunes store.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Alpine stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the CDE-HD137BT, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
VERY GOOD RADIO I LOVE THE BUILT IN BLUETOOTH IT WORKS GREAT AND THE CRUTCHFIELD FOLLOW UP SERVICE AND PHONE SUPPORT WAS FIRST CLASS
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD receiver (with 10A ATC fuse inserted in chassis)
- Face (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone (with attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip
- Hard plastic face case
- 4 Flat-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Reference Guide (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- System Requirements (for CD-ROM)
- Online Product Registration card
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- Pandora® control for Android, and BlackBerry — no iPhone Pandora® control
- 3-band parametric equalizer with ten presets
- built-in high- and low-pass filters
- inputs: front USB port, front auxiliary input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
Alpine CDE-HD137BT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power Output||18 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
HD Radio: With the built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free. HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts.
Station Text: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. The built-in HD Radio tuner displays song title, artist and station information on the display of the Alpine CDE-HD137BT.
Multicasting: Multicasting is the ability to broadcast multiple program streams over a single AM/FM frequency. this increases the amount and diversity of content choices. A maximum of eight multicast station channels (HD1-HD8) can be selected on this unit.
iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from and HD Radio broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store. You can "tag" up to 50 songs. Your iPod/iPhone must have at least 50MB of free space to "tag" and transfer songs. iTunes 7.4 or later is required to purchase "tagged" songs.
Preset Tuning: The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically.
Note: Sub-program services of multicast stations are not included in the automatic memory search.
Search Functions: The Alpine CDE-HD137BT offers various search functions to help you find the analog or digital AM/FM stations you are looking for.
- Seek Modes: You can search for only digital AM/FM stations (Digital mode), or both analog & digital AM/FM stations (Hybrid mode).
- Local/Distance Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. Distance seek tuning allows both strong and weak stations to be tuned.
- Frequency Search: You can search for a radio station by its frequency, using the head unit's rotary encoder.
Listening Modes: The head unit provides four reception methods in order to receive Digital & Analog AM/FM signals according to your own preference and signal strength.
- Hybrid: Receives both digital and analog stations. If the digital signal is weak, this mode will switch to receive the analog radio signal automatically.
- Digital: Receives only digital radio signals, even when the digital signal is weak.
- Digital MC: Receives the digital radio signal while listening to a sub-program service of a multicast station.
- Analog: Only receives the analog radio signal, even when the digital signal is strong.
Live Mode: While receiving a live AM/FM broadcast, you can select an optimized receiving method according to your own preference and the signal strength.
- Analog: While receiving a live broadcast, this unit will only receive the analog radio signal even when the digital signal can be received.
- Digital: While receiving a live broadcast, this unit will keep receiving the digital radio signal even when the digital signal is week.
- Listen: While receiving a live broadcast, this unit will use one of the Listening Modes (Hybrid, Digital, Digital MC, or Analog).
FM Tone Quality: You can set your preferred tonal quality, when listening to FM analog radio stations. You can choose between HiFi (high-quality sound), Normal (standard setting), or Stable (noise control).
Bluetooth Technology (powered by Parrot): The Alpine CDE-HD137BT features built-in Bluetooth technology (v3.0), powered by Parrot. Parrot is the global leader in wireless devices for mobile phones, for expanded compatibility for many Bluetooth wireless technology enabled cell phones. The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit.
Bluetooth Profiles: In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: The Alpine CDE-HD137BT can be paired to up to five Bluetooth enabled mobile devices (only one device can be used at a time). Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine CDE-HD137BT. Parrot software updates provide support for future phones.
External Microphone with Noise Cancellation: The included external microphone (with visor-clip) allows you to speak to the other party on the telephone call hands-free, while the other party's voice is played through your car stereo speakers. The external microphone is tuned and engineered to reduce noise interference and feedback. This allows optimal placement in your car, for the best possible sound quality. You can adjust the microphone's volume level; and even mute the microphone, so your voice will not be heard by the caller.
Note: The external microphone measures 0.5625" (diameter) x 1.625" (deep); and features an attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector.
Receiving Calls: The Alpine CDE-HD137BT provides a couple ways to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone. Incoming calls are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's display.
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" button on your Alpine head unit.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
Placing Calls: The Alpine CDE-HD137BT provides a variety of functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The Alpine CDE-HD137BT features full phone book access, call history, voice tag dialing, and redial with compatible phones.
- Voice Dialing: If you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact by simply speaking the name of your contact.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Up to 1,000 entries (5 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can select the first 3 call letters (ABC) to search for a desired name in your phonebook.
- Preset Dialing: You can assign phone numbers that you dial frequently to presets (1-6) for quick recall. You can assign up to six frequently called phone numbers. A total of 18 phone numbers can be stored in the preset memory (6 numbers for each mobile phone paired).
- Call History: The 80 previously dialed, received, or missed numbers can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
Call Switch: This function allows you to initiate the transfer of audio between your mobile phone and your car's speakers.
Text Message Alert: The CDE-HD137BT can give you a notification on the display with a blinking mail icon indicator for 30 seconds while receiving a text message on your Bluetooth-enabled phone. The mail icon indicator will remain on if there is an unread message on a connected mobile phone. You must still read or create a text message from your mobile smartphone.
Audio Streaming: The Alpine CDE-HD137BT can stream music from you Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP mobile device. Not only can it control & stream your music through Bluetooth, it can process your music using its built-in DSP Sound Expansion to ensure you get the best sound. Basic playback functions include - Play, Pause, & Skip (Previous/Next). The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name & Song/Album title. The CDE-HD137BT also supports audio streaming of music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, but without control or metadata. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to view and control streaming music apps. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Note: Bluetooth Firmware Update v01.27.00 is required for Bluetooth control and song information display from an Apple iOS 6.0+ device.
Bluetooth Sound Quality Adjustments: You can customize the sound of your Bluetooth hands-free experience to fit your own preferences. You can adjust the CDE-HD137BT's mic gain, phone output, & ring tone volume. If that's not enough, there are 5 sound quality settings to choose from to get the balance just right for you. This flexibility will make your phone calls a pleasurable experience.
- Volume Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of phone call, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference. The Phone Talk Level, Ring Tone, & Mic Gain are all adjustable between -5 to + 5 dB.
- Sound Types: This unit provides 5 methods to improve the sound quality of your calls. You can choose the type according to your own preference - Type 1 (standard mode), Type 2 (enhances noise reduction), Type 3 (enhances echo-cancellation), Type 4 (enhances both noise reduction & echo cancellation), & Type 5 (weakens both noise reduction & echo-cancellation).
Speaker Output: You can select which car speaker outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device.
- All: The audio will be output from all of the speakers in the car
- F-L: The sound is only output from the front left speaker.
- F-R: The sound is only output from the front right speaker.
- F-LR: The sound is output from the front left and front right speakers.
Pandora Internet Radio for your Android or BlackBerry: Pandora is the leading Internet Radio music service in the United States, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The Alpine CDE-HD137BT CD receiver lets you playback and control the Pandora Internet Radio music service that is being streamed to your Android or BlackBerry smartphone. Your Android or BlackBerry smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account.
Pandora via Bluetooth: The Alpine CDE-HD137BT lets you playback and control Pandora Internet Radio streamed from your Android or BlackBerry smartphone, via Bluetooth (no hard-wired connection required). To access Pandora from the Alpine head unit, your Bluetooth-enabled Android or BlackBerry smartphone must have the latest version of the Pandora App from the Android Market or the BlackBerry App World. Your Android or BlackBerry smartphone must support A2DP, AVRCP, and SPP Bluetooth profiles. Pandora control via USB-connection is not available for Android or BlackBerry.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Pandora Control: The Alpine CDE-HD137BT will provide control over the Pandora music service streamed to your Bluetooth-enabled Android or BlackBerry smartphone.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the phone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Information Display: The Alpine CDE-HD137BT will display Artist, Album, & Song information provided by the Pandora app on your Android or BlackBerry smartphone.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Alpine CDE-HD137BT features a front-panel USB (type-A) port, so you may connect a USB mass storage class memory device to this head unit. Your connected USB memory device may contain MP3 (8-320 kbps) music files formatted in FAT 12/16/32. This unit will recognized up to 100 folders and 100 files per folder. ID3 tags (v1, v2) are supported; track title, artist name, and album name ID3 tag data can be displayed. The head unit will play back files on a USB memory devices with the same controls and modes as playback of CDs containing MP3 audio files. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: You cannot play back WMA or AAC files.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: You can connect your iPod or iPhone to the head unit's front-panel USB port using the Alpine KCU-445i iPod/iPhone cable (500KCU445i, sold separately) or the iPod dock-connector cable which came with your iPod/iPhone to get access to all of your iPod/iPhone's stored music, right from the head unit. If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. The Alpine CDE-HD137BT offers audio playback, music navigation, information display, & charging of select iPod/iPhone models.
iPod/iPhone Audio Playback (with DAC bypass): The Alpine CDE-HD137BT supports audio playback of music, podcast, and audiobook files stored on your iPod or iPhone; as well as music apps streamed to your iPod/iPhone. The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's large music libraries to be loaded instantly to the Alpine head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC), allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB.
iPod/iPhone Control: Once your iPod/iPhone is connected, you get convenient control of your iPod/iPhone's music library from the head unit. You can also choose to control your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen.
- Head Unit: The Alpine CDE-HD137BT lets you navigate your iPod/iPhone's music library by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook. You can then search each category alphabetically (A-Z). For especially big music libraries, the Percentage Search function uses the head unit's preset buttons for quick jumps to specific parts of the a Category (Preset 1: 0% to 16%, Preset 2: 17% to 32%, Preset 3: 33% to 49%, Preset 4: 50% to 66%, Preset 5: 67% to 82%, Preset 6: 83% to 100% of the song library). The head unit also offers three Shuffle playback functions (All/Album/Category) and Repeat playback function (song).
- iPod Passenger Control: In iPod Passenger Control mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen. You can also listen to your favorite music apps (such as Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker) from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Alpine head unit and your vehicle's speakers, while controlling basic play back functions (such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next). You will continue to use your iPhone's touchscreen to navigate advance functions of your musicapps. Not all apps will be compatible.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod/iPhone Display: The Alpine CDE-HD137BT will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information in Head Unit or iPod Passenger Control mode. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, & Album label. The unit will not display music app information from your Apple device.
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Alpine CDE-HD137BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/27/2012):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||iTunes Tagging||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Auxiliary Input: The unit is equipped with front-panel minijack (3.5mm) auxiliary input. You can input audio from an auxiliary source unit; such as a portable MP3 player. You can turn the Auxiliary Input on or off. In addition, you can change the name on the display to match the type of device connected to the front-panel input; Auxiliary, TV, DVD, Portable, or Game.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio, CD-Text, and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs.
MP3 Playback: This unit can play CD-R, and CD-RW discs containing MP3 music files recorded using the ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats. MP3 files with bit rates from 8 kbps to 320 kbps are supported. Up to a maximum of 255 folders and 510 files/folders can be read from one disc. ID3 tags v1 and v2 supported; track title, artist name, and album name ID3 tag data can be displayed.
Text/File/Folder Quick Search: When you are playing a disc with CD Text or ID3 tags, you can easily search for a track, file, or folder by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the rotary encoder to quickly scan through the titles to locate the desired track. For discs without CD Text or ID3 tags, searches are made using the track numbers associated with each song.
Playback Modes: The Alpine CDE-HD137BT offers Repeat and Random playback modes.
- Repeat: Repeat Play (repeats playback of current track/file), Folder Repeat (repeats only files in current folder).
- Random: Random Play (all tracks/files on disc are played in random order), Folder Random (only files in current folder are played back in random order).
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Reload: When a CD is ejected and left sticking out of the CD slot for 20 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Angle Mounting: For proper CD playback, Alpine recommends mounting the CDE-HD137BT no more that 35° above horizontal.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Head Unit Power Pack (optional): Add the KTP-445A (500KTP445A, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445A is compact enough to install behind the Alpine CD receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
6ch/2V Preouts: The CDE-HD137BT has three sets of 2-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading.
Note: When an external amplifier is connected sound quality can be improved by stopping the power supply of the built-in amplifier.
Subwoofer Control: When the non-fading subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can adjust the subwoofer's volume, low-pass filter, & phase.
- Volume: There are two volume (system) modes for the
unit's subwoofer output.
- System 1: Subwoofer level changes according to the main volume setting.
- System 2: Subwoofer level change is different from the main volume setting (0-15); even at low volume settings, the subwoofer is still audible.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or Off (through).
- Subwoofer Phase: The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
High Pass Filter: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front-channel preamp output (when activated). You can set the unit's high-pass filter to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or Off (through).
Preset EQ: You can select from 10 different EQ presets to get the best sound from all your sources. You can choose from Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electric Dance, Hip-Hop, Easy Listening, Country, or Classical. You can also select the User EQ preset to customize Bass, Mid, and Treble.
3-Band Parametric Equalizer: If the Equalizer presets aren't enough for your listening taste, there's a 3-Band Parametric Equalizer (in User mode) you can adjust for a better sound response curve. Bass, Mid, & Treble can be adjusted in the 3-Band Parametric mode.
- Treble Control:
- Center Frequency: 7.5kHz, 10kHz (default), 12.5kHz, or 15kHz
- Width Q: Wide 0.75 or Narrow 1.25
- Level: -7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)
- Midrange Control:
- Center Frequency: 500Hz, 1.0kHz, 1.5kHz, or 2.5kHz
- Width Q: Wide 0.75, Medium 1.0, Medium 1.25, or Narrow 1.5
- Level: -7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)
- Bass Control:
- Center Frequency: 60Hz, 80Hz (default), 100Hz, or 120Hz
- Width Q: Wide 0.5, Medium 1.0, Medium 1.5, or Narrow. 2.0
- Level: -7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)
Loudness: Loudness introduces a special low & high frequency emphasis at low listening levels to compensate for the ear's decreased sensitivity to bass and treble sound at low volume.
Source Volume Level: The output level (+/-5dB) of each source can be individually adjusted. For example, if the Tuner level sounds lower than CD, its output can be adjusted without affecting the other sources.
Interrupt Feature: When a device having the interrupt feature (such as a cellular telephone) is connected to the receiver, the audio signal will be automatically muted whenever the interrupt signal is received from the device. The supplied wiring harness contains a pink/black Interrupt lead that needs to be connected to the device's interrupt signal connection.
Detachable Face: The unit features a single front loading CD face that detaches from the chassis to deter theft. The CD player comes supplied with a hard plastic face case to protect the detachable face when you have it off the chassis. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit.
1-Line LCD Display: This unit is equipped with a 1-Line white-backlit LCD, so you can easily view AM/FM stations, CD-Text, & ID-3 tag information.
Text Display: Text information, such as the disc name and the track name, will be displayed if playing a CD text compatible disc. It is also possible to display the folder name, the file name, & the tag information, while playing a MP3 disc or USB memory device.
Text Scroll: This unit can scroll the disc & track names recorded on CD-Text disc, as well as the text information of MP3 files, folder names, and tags. There are two Text Scroll settings.
- Auto: The CD text information, the information of folder and file names, and the tags are scrolled automatically.
- Manual: The display is scrolled when a disc is loaded or when a track is changed.
Auto Dimmer: This unit is equipped with an illumination lead; when the unit's dimmer mode is set to Auto and the illumination lead is connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit, the display and button illumination will dim to a fixed, preset level whenever the headlights are turned on. If preferred, you may choose the Manual dimmer mode setting, so the display and button illumination is dim at all times.
Demo Mode: This unit has a demonstration feature for its display which can be turned On or Off in the menu.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Optional Wireless Remote: The Alpine CDE-HD137BT is wireless remote control ready. Simply add on the Alpine RUE-4202 IR remote (500RUE4202, sold separately) to make it even easier to control the head unit's functions.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.