Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Watch a product demo
Crutchfield: Alpine CDE-HD148BT display and controls demo
Crutchfield: Alpine High-End 2013 CD Receivers
Crutchfield: Alpine TuneIt Tuning App
Our take on the Alpine CDE-HD148BT by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
The best-sounding radio
The CDE-HD148BT CD receiver will appeal to AM/FM radio fans everywhere with its built-in HD Radio™ tuner. Stations broadcasting an HD Radio signal offer a digital signal with FM that sounds nearly on par with a CD, and smooth -sounding AM that doesn't crackle with static on those hot summer nights. And many HD Radio stations offer multicasting, letting you enjoy different programming options on the same frequency. If you want to take your radio listening to the outer limits, you can also add a SiriusXM tuner to this receiver (subscription required) and enjoy unparalleled choices in news, talk, sports, and commercial-free music.
The CDE-HD148BT can tune into the improved sound quality of HD Radio stations.
Bluetooth® safety and convenience
Built-in Bluetooth lets you make and take calls hands-free when you're in the car, so you can keep your attention on the road while you talk — no fumbling for the phone or driving with one hand in busy traffic. And you can stream audio from your Bluetooth devices too, with receiver control of basic functions like track up and down. Plus, Alpine's Quad illumination lets you choose from four different colors for the receiver's control buttons for a style that'll work in your car.
Sound quality from the cloud
The Alpine TuneIt App lets you tap into the power of your Android™, iPhone®, and the cloud to customize this receiver's sound output for your car. Download the Alpine TuneIt App and you'll have access to over 3000 custom sound parameters from Alpine's servers. The sound parameters tailor the CDE-HD148BT's 9-band equalizer, digital time correction, high- and low-pass filters, and Media Xpander to tune your system to match your car model, car type, and listening position. And you can share your custom settings with others and even get feedback through Facebook.
Plenty of listening options
The CDE-HD148BT features a handy front-panel auxiliary input and a rear USB port with extension cable. Plug into the USB port for full control over the music stored on your iPhone or iPod®, while Alpine's App Direct Mode lets you control basic playback and view song/artist info from many iPhone music apps. Of course you can enjoy your CDs too, including recordable discs.
Want more power? You can add Alpine's KTP-445 Power Pack amplifier, a compact plug-and-play solution that brings this receiver's power output up to 45 watts RMS per channel. Or you can hook up conventional external amplifiers to the three sets of high-voltage preamp outputs to create a killer system for your ride.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Alpine has came along way in the stereos since the last Alpine I owned. the Bluetooth works flawlessly and the radio reception is very good and the sound is very clear.
Edward, Sebring, FL
What's in the Box:
- CD receiver (10A ATC fuse inserted in chassis)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Face (attached)
- Wiring harness
- Hard plastic face case
- 5' USB extension cable (w/ a female USB type-A connector on one end and a male USB type-A connector on other end)
- Microphone w/ attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector (inside face case)
- Sun-visor bracket (inside face case)
- Two-sided tape (inside face case)
- 4 Flat-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 8mm)
- Face fixing screw
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Reference Guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- Online Product Registration
- Computer Requirements booklet
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- App Direct Mode for basic control of select music apps
- compatible with Alpine KTP-445A Power Pack amplifier
- detachable face with Quad Illumination
- 9-band parametric equalizer with 11 preset tone curves
- digital time correction
- Alpine TuneIt App for access to over 3000 custom sound parameters
- high- and low-pass filters
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary and rear USB inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
Alpine CDE-HD148BT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power Output||18 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
HD Radio: With the built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free.
- Station Text: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. The built-in HD Radio tuner displays song title, artist and station information on the display of the Alpine CDE-HD148BT.
- Multicasting: Multicasting is the ability to broadcast multiple program streams over a single AM/FM frequency. this increases the amount and diversity of content choices. A maximum of eight multicast station channels (HD1-HD8) can be selected on this unit.
- Preset Tuning: The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically. Sub-program services of multicast stations are not included in the automatic memory search.
- Search Functions: The Alpine CDE-HD148BT offers various search functions to help you find the analog or digital AM/FM stations you are looking for. You can search for only digital AM/FM stations (Digital mode), or both analog & digital AM/FM stations (Hybrid mode). Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. Distance seek tuning allows both strong and weak stations to be tuned. You can even search for a radio station by its frequency, using the head unit's rotary encoder.
- Listening Modes: The head unit provides four reception methods in order to receive Digital & Analog AM/FM signals according to your own preference and signal strength. Choose from Hybrid (receives both digital and analog stations; if the digital signal is weak, this mode will switch to receive the analog radio signal automatically), Digital (receives only digital radio signals even when the digital signal is weak), Digital MC (receives the digital radio signal while listening to a sub-program service of a multicast station), or Analog (only receives the analog radio signal, even when the digital signal is strong).
- Live Mode: While receiving a live AM/FM broadcast, you can select an optimized receiving method according to your own preference and the signal strength. Choose from Analog (while receiving a live broadcast this unit will only receive the analog radio signal even when the digital signal can be received), Digital (while receiving a live broadcast this unit will keep receiving the digital radio signal even when the digital signal is week), or Listen (while receiving a live broadcast this unit will use one of the Listening Modes - Hybrid/Digital/Digital MC/Analog).
- FM Tone Quality: You can set your preferred tonal quality, when listening to FM analog radio stations. You can choose between HiFi (high-quality sound), Normal (standard setting), or Stable (noise control).
- iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from and HD Radio broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store. You can "tag" up to 50 songs. Your iPod/iPhone must have at least 50MB of free space to "tag" and transfer songs. iTunes 7.4 or later is required to purchase "tagged" songs.
Note: More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to www.hdradio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Pandora Internet Radio App: The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps/Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Alpine CDE-HD148BT using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS5+) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the CDE-HD148BT via the appropriate Alpine iPod connector cable (KCU-445i or KCU-471i; sold separately) or the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The CDE-HD148BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the phone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to these online service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Alpine CDE-HD148BT comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 160 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM Premier" package (subscription required); including 20+ SiriusXM Xtra Channels which consist of music, sports, entertainment and a collection of channels dedicated to Spanish language programming. Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options & channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Text Display: Text information, such as the channel name, artist name, feature and song/program title is displayed on the in-dash receiver.
- Search Function: You can search for SiriusXM programming content by Category or by Channel.
- 18 Presets: The Alpine head unit feature 3 Satellite Radio preset bands. You can store 6 SiriusXM stations to each preset band (a total of 18).
- Jump Recall: You can save your absolute favorite radio station and access it with the press of a single button for easy recall.
- Instant Replay: The head unit supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content.
- Song/Artist/Game Alert: With Song/Artist Alert you can get notified when your favorite songs or artists are being broadcast on any SiriusXM station. With the push of a button, you can jump right to that broadcast and catch the songs you want to listen to. GameAlert will display an on-screen message if your favorite teams' games are being broadcast. Jump to that station with the push of a button so you can listen to the game play by play. You can also get the latest score updates while you are listening to other stations.
- iTunes Tagging: The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs (up to 50) you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPod/iPhone. The next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes. When you hear a song you like, simply press and hold down the Volume button for two seconds on the head unit .
- Parental Lock: This function restricts the listening of channels for children of certain age levels and is protected by a 4-digit "lock-code".
Note: SiriusXM Satellite Radio operates on the XM Network. However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Bluetooth Technology: The Alpine CDE-HD148BT features built-in Bluetooth (ver. 2.1+EDR) technology. The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine CDE-HD148BT .
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Alpine CDE-HD148BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can register up to three Bluetooth-enabled devices with the Alpine head unit (only one device can be used at a time).
Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone (including iPhone & Android). The controls of the CDE-HD148BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone, so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers.
- Receiving Calls: The Alpine CDE-HD148BT
provides a couple ways
to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone. Incoming calls
are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will
be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's display.
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" button on your Alpine head unit.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
- Placing Calls: The Alpine CDE-HD148BT
provides a variety of
functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The Alpine
features full phone book access, call history, voice tag dialing, and
redial with compatible phones.
- Voice Dialing: If you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact by simply speaking the name of your contact.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Up to 1,000 entries (3 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can select the first 3 call letters (ABC) to search for a desired name in your phonebook.
- Preset Dialing: You can assign phone numbers that you dial frequently to presets (1-6) for quick recall. You can assign up to six frequently called phone numbers. A total of 18 phone numbers can be stored in the preset memory (6 numbers for each mobile phone paired).
- Call History: The previously dialed, received, or missed numbers (20 each) can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
Note: During a conversation, you can initiate a transfer of audio between your mobile phone and your car's speakers.
External Microphone with Noise Cancellation: The included external microphone (with visor-clip) allows you to speak to the other party on the telephone call hands-free, while the other party's voice is played through your car stereo speakers. The external microphone is tuned and engineered to reduce noise interference and feedback. This allows optimal placement in your car, for the best possible sound quality. You can adjust the microphone's volume level; and even mute the microphone, so your voice will not be heard by the caller. The external microphone measures 0.5625" (diameter) x 1.625" (deep); and features an attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector.
Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Music Navigation): The Alpine CDE-HD148BT can stream music from your Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP mobile device (such as your iPhone or Android smartphone). Not only can it control & stream your music through Bluetooth, it can process your music using its built-in DSP Sound Expansion to ensure you get the best sound. In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the CDE-HD148BT provides a Search List of your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc.. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only). The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name & Song/Album title. The CDE-HD148BT even supports audio streaming of music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone with song/artist information and limited control (continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to control advanced music app navigation).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Bluetooth Sound Quality Adjustments: You can customize the sound of your Bluetooth hands-free experience to fit your own preferences. You can adjust the CDE-HD148BT 's mic gain, phone output, & ring tone volume. If that's not enough, there are 5 sound quality settings to choose from to get the balance just right for you. This flexibility will make your phone calls a pleasurable experience.
- Volume Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of phone call, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference. The Phone Talk Level, Ring Tone, & Mic Gain are all adjustable between -5 to + 5 dB.
- Sound Types: This unit provides 5 methods to improve the sound quality of your calls. You can choose the type according to your own preference - Type 1 (standard mode), Type 2 (enhances noise reduction), Type 3 (enhances echo-cancellation), Type 4 (enhances both noise reduction & echo cancellation), & Type 5 (weakens both noise reduction & echo-cancellation).
Speaker Output: You can select which car speaker outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device.
- All: The audio will be output from all of the speakers in the car
- F-L: The sound is only output from the front left speaker.
- F-R: The sound is only output from the front right speaker.
- F-LR: The sound is output from the front left and front right speakers.
iPod/iPhone USB 1-Wire Connection: You can connect your iPod or iPhone to the head unit's rear-panel USB port using the Alpine KCU-445i iPod/iPhone cable (500KCU445I, sold separately) or the iPod/USB cable that came with your iPod/iPhone to get access to all of your iPod/iPhone's stored music, right from the head unit. If you have a newer iPod, iPhone, or iPad with Lightning connector; use the Alpine KCU-471i cable (500KCU471I, sold separately) or the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. Using either cable allows audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhone models from the CDE-HD148BT .
- Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The Alpine CDE-HD148BT supports audio playback of music, podcast, and audiobook files stored on your iPod or iPhone; as well as music apps downloaded on your Apple device. The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's large music libraries to be loaded instantly to the Alpine head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB.
- Music Navigation: You can choose to control the
iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or
touchscreen (App Direct Mode).
- Head Unit: The Alpine CDE-HD148BT lets you navigate the stored musics on your iPod/iPhone by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast, Composer, Audiobook, or Genius Mix. You can then search these categories alphabetically (A-Z). For especially big music libraries, the Percentage Search function uses the preset buttons for quick jumps to specific parts of the list (Preset 1: 0-6%, Preset 2: 17-32%, Preset 3: 33-49%, Preset 4: 50%-66%, Preset 5: 67-82%, Preset 6: 83-100% of the song library). The head unit also offers three Shuffle playback modes (Album/Song/All) and one Repeat mode (song).
- App Direct Mode: In App Direct Mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen. You can also listen to your favorite music apps (such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Rhapsody, & Slacker) from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Alpine head unit. Basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track are available from the head unit. You will continue to use your iPhone's touchscreen to navigate advanced functions of your music apps. Not all apps will be compatible with this mode. Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
- Information Display: The CDE-HD148BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information when you are controlling your iPod/iPhone from the Alpine head unit or the Apple devices clickwheel/touchscreen. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label. The unit will also display station identification and song/artist information from select music apps.
- iPod/iPhone Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it. This unit does not charge the iPad.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Alpine CDE-HD148BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 10/28/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Bluetooth||Display Type||iTunes Tagging||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App||Pandora||TuneIt App||Phone||Audio||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Auxiliary Input: The unit is equipped with front-panel minijack (3.5mm) auxiliary input. You can input audio from an auxiliary source unit: such as a portable MP3 player. You can change the name on the display to match the type of device connected to the front-panel input; Auxiliary, TV, DVD, Portable, or Game.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio, CD-Text, and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The unit also supports playback of MP3/WMA/AAC music files loaded onto CD-R/RW discs.
Rear-Panel USB Port: The Alpine CDE-HD148BT features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port attached to the rear-chassis by a 9" cable, and comes with a 5' USB extension cable. The USB port enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The USB port supports audio playback and control of MP3/WMA/AAC audio files stored on these portable USB mass-storage class devices. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On. You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
MP3/WMA/AAC Playback: The Alpine CDE-HD148BT supports the following types of MP3/WMA/AAC files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB Storage Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05,
24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||509 files/255folders||1,000 folders/files (512 files per folder)|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tags|
Text/File/Folder Search: When you are playing a disc or USB device with CD-Text, ID3, WMA, or AAC tags, you can easily search for a track, file, or folder by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the rotary encoder to quickly scan through the titles to locate the desired track. For discs and USB devices without CD Text or ID3/WMA tags searches are made using the track numbers associated with each song.
Playback Modes: The Alpine CDE-HD148BT offers Repeat and Random playback modes.
- Repeat: Repeat Play (repeats playback of current track/file), Folder Repeat (repeats only files in current folder).
- Random: Random Play (all tracks/files on disc are played in random order), Folder Random (only files in current folder are played back in random order).
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Reload: When a CD is ejected and left sticking out of the CD slot for 20 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Angle Mounting: For proper CD playback, Alpine recommends mounting the CDE-HD148BT no more that 35° above horizontal.
24-Bit D/A Converter: The Alpine CDE-HD148BT uses a 24-bit D/A converter for superb sound quality and playback of your music.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: Add the KTP-445A (500KTP445A, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445A is compact enough to install behind the Alpine CD receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
6ch/4V Preamp Outputs: The CDE-HD148BT has three sets of 4-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front & rear preamp output can be faded, while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading.
Note: When an external amplifier is connected sound quality can be improved by stopping the power supply of the built-in amplifier.
Subwoofer Control: When the non-fading subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can adjust the subwoofer's volume, low-pass filter, & phase.
- Volume: There are two volume (system) modes for the unit's subwoofer output. System 1 (subwoofer level changes according to the main volume setting) or System 2 ( subwoofer level change is different from the main volume setting (0-15); even at low volume settings, the subwoofer is still audible.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the low pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
- Subwoofer Phase: The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
High Pass Filter (for Front & Rear): The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front-channel preamp output (when activated). You can set the unit's high-pass filter to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the high pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
Preset/9-Band EQ: You can select from 11 different EQ presets to get the best sound from all your sources. You can choose from Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electric Dance, Hip-Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical, or User. Using the head unit's 9-Band EQ (in User mode), you can modify the EQ settings to create a response curve more appealing to your personal taste.
|1||20 Hz - 100 Hz||3.0, 4.0. 5.0||-7 to +7 dB|
|2||63 Hz - 315 Hz|
|3||125 Hz - 500 Hz|
|4||250 Hz - 1 kHz|
|5||500 Hz - 2 kHz|
|6||1 kHz - 4 kHz|
|7||2 kHz- 7.2 kHz|
|8||5.8 kHz - 12 kHz|
|9||9 kHz - 20 kHz|
Note: The settings of the 9-Band EQ, Time Correction, and X-over can be stored in the preset memory (1-6).
Audio Enhancements: The CDE-HD148BT offers the following audio adjustments to enhance your in-car listening experience.
- Media Xpander: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Expander makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. You can customize the Media Xpander to suit your personal taste by adjusting the level (0-8) for Bass, Mids, and Highs. The FM radio, CD, USB, iPod, Pandora, Bluetooth, and Aux will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
- Time Correction: This unit is able to delay the audio signal to the speakers closest to the listener with its built-in Time Correction feature. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance between the left and right speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance (0-132.7") of each speaker and subwoofer to the listener.
This feature allows you to change the soundstage of your
music in the vehicle. You can select from three modes.
- Front Wide: Creates the effect of widening the front sound field by delaying the sound of the front speakers.
- Rear Wide: Creates the effect of making the front sound image clear and far by delaying the sound of the rear speakers.
- Off: No effect is applied (default)
- Source Volume Level: The output level of each source (Tuner, Disc, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, Pandora, Aux) is individually adjustable from -14 to + 14 dB.
Alpine's TuneIt App: The Apline TuneIt app is an easy-to-use sound-tuning app that also offers Facebook notifications. Download this free app (from Apple's App Store or GooglePlay) onto your Apple iPhone (iOS 6.0+ ) or Android smartphone (2.2+) and create a user profile about your vehicle and sound system. Your iPhone must be connected to the CDE-HD148BT via the appropriate Alpine iPod connector cable (500KCU445I/500KCU471I sold separately) or the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Sound Tuning: The Alpine TuneIt app turns your iPhone or Android smartphone into a sound tuning interface for the CDE-HD148BT. Follow the simple graphical instructions on your phone to adjust sound settings for your specific vehicle or choose from pre-made settings in the database. Settings that can be adjusted include Parametric EQ, Bass Engine SQ, Crossover, and Media Xpander. As you change settings on your smartphone, you will hear the results, so you can customize the sound to exactly how you want it. You can make and save up to 100 different sound settings in your account, which is helpful if you want various settings to use for specific types of music. After tuning your system, upload your settings to the Alpine Cloud Server to share them with other Alpine fans. You can also check out other user's settings and rate them. The more active you are, the higher your profile status progresses within the app.
- Facebook Notifications: The Alpine TuneIt app also keeps you in touch with your Facebook friends. When you receive a notification, you will get a visual alert on the smartphone and the head unit, plus a sound alert through your car speakers. The visual notification includes the Facebook icon and the sender's name, with the profile picture shown on the phone. You are then able to listen to the notification via TTS (Text-to-Speech) through the head unit and your vehicle's speaker. You can even "Like" the notification from the head unit's front-panel controls. In order to receive Facebook notifications on the head unit, the Alpine TuneIt app must be the active app on your smartphone.
Note: Access to the Alpine TuneIt app will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. You will also need to turn on the GPS function of your phone.
Beep Guide: This function will give audible feedback with varying tones depending upon the button pressed. The volume of this feature can be set from 0-7.
Detachable Face: The unit features a single front loading CD face that detaches from the chassis to deter theft. A hard plastic face case is provided to store the detachable faceplate. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
2-Line LCD: This unit is equipped with a 2-Line white-backlit LCD, so you can easily view AM/FM stations, CD-Text, and ID-3/WMA/AAC tag information.
Text Display: Text information, such as the disc name and the track name, will be displayed if playing a CD text compatible disc. It is also possible to display the folder name, the file name, and the tag information, while playing a MP3/WMA/AAC disc or USB device. This unit can scroll the disc and track names recorded on CD-Text disc, as well as the text information of MP3/WMA/AAC files, folder names, and tags. There are two Text Scroll settings.
- Auto: The CD text information, the information of folder and file names, and the tags are scrolled automatically.
- Manual: The display is scrolled when a disc is loaded or when a track is changed.
Variable Color Button Illumination: The head unit lets you choose between Blue, Green, Red, or Amber button illumination. The LCD text will remain white.
Auto Dimmer: This unit is equipped with an illumination lead (orange); when the unit's dimmer mode is set to Auto and the illumination lead is connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit, the display and button illumination will dim to a fixed, preset level whenever the headlights are turned on. If preferred, you may choose the Manual dimmer mode setting, so the display and button illumination is dim at all times.
Demo Mode: This unit has a demonstration feature for its display which can be turned On or Off in the menu.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Optional Wireless Remote: The Alpine CDE-HD148BT is wireless remote control ready. Simply add on the Alpine RUE-4202 IR remote (500RUE4202, sold separately) to make it even easier to control the head unit's functions.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Zak Billmeier
The top end of Alpine's 2013 CD receiver line gives you exciting features, like Bluetooth, App Direct mode, and the ability to tune your sound using your smartphone.
Why did you buy this?
recommended [ KEVIN Mar 05, 2017 ]
Excellent HU with lots of features. Easy to set up and use. [ William Mar 04, 2017 ]
i have an older alpine and its time for an upgrade [ doug Feb 24, 2017 ]
It has good reviews and I like the large next / previous track buttons and the large pause button. The ability to add the 45W RMS amp in the future is very tempting. [ C Feb 13, 2017 ]
Alpine has continued excellent performance, outstanding appearance and modern features. [ RICHARD M Feb 12, 2017 ]
Because I got tired of looking at all the receivers and just picked one. It had good reviews. [ Timothy Feb 10, 2017 ]
Good value. Good sound. Factory AM/FM Cassette quit working. Must have music... [ Geremy Feb 02, 2017 ]
rear mounted usb port [ gregg Jan 29, 2017 ]
4v preamp outputs. Good deal. [ Nikolas Jan 22, 2017 ]
It four and a half stars with over 150 reviews. I'm an Alpine fan to boot.And it was $80 off. [ Mickey Jan 21, 2017 ]
Excellent high power unit with rear USB! [ Linda Jan 16, 2017 ]
I love alpine [ Blake Jan 05, 2017 ]
Features [ Raul Jan 03, 2017 ]
Needed to replace existing stock stereo [ Thomas Dec 30, 2016 ]
3 sets of 4v pre outs, rear usb [ William Dec 26, 2016 ]
Great options. Alpine has always offered a solid product [ Andrew Dec 25, 2016 ]
hd radio [ trev Dec 21, 2016 ]
because my old Alpine head unit just died and I know how GREAT it sounded !!!! [ David Dec 19, 2016 ]
I wanted it [ Russell Dec 18, 2016 ]
Wanted high quality HD tuner for home system, no others available. [ Ralph Dec 07, 2016 ]
A reasonably-priced, quality CD player with satellite capability, bluetooth for hands-free phone calls and USB access that fit my Prius. [ Joanne Nov 26, 2016 ]
Alpine is a great brand [ Kevin Nov 21, 2016 ]
Features, Alpine quality at a great price. [ Ken Nov 20, 2016 ]
Alpine! Crutchfield! Awesome deal! = No brainer! [ dhaval Nov 04, 2016 ]
Rear USB port made it an easy choice. I want to hide the Ipod in the dash and not have everyone who walks by the car know there could be an Ipod in the dash due to a USB cord running from the front of the face plate to the glove box. [ Alexander Oct 26, 2016 ]
I had Alpine in the past I really like them. [ Kenneth Oct 11, 2016 ]
Good price with great options and awesome sound! [ SALVADOR Oct 10, 2016 ]
Reviews and features sound great. [ Robert Sep 16, 2016 ]
Amazing product, a bit touchy and high tech. Beautiful display. [ Lyvierre Sep 05, 2016 ]
Special price. [ Alexander Pike Aug 29, 2016 ]
solid features, great reviews, no front USB (thats ugly), alpine look and feel/usability (other comparable units were goofy looking) [ Caleb Aug 29, 2016 ]
I have always liked Alpines! [ ERIC Aug 27, 2016 ]
It's an Alpine, was on sale, Bluetooth, HD radio, CD player etc... [ AARON Aug 10, 2016 ]
Have one already in another vehicle and I am very happy with it. [ Paul Aug 08, 2016 ]
Good reviews [ jesse Aug 02, 2016 ]
suggested by my advisor bc I wanted HD radio, streaming connectivity and Bluetooth. [ Rafael Jul 30, 2016 ]
I've owned an Alpine deck before paired with Polk Audio speakers and was very pleased with the results.....I've recently bought a new truck and Crutchfield was the only answer as far as finding exactly what I knew I liked..... [ Diana Jul 29, 2016 ]
has features i was looking for in a head unit [ George Jul 25, 2016 ]
I wanted to go with Alpine and this was the unit with front AUX and rear USB that had all other options I was after ... I paired it with the little add on amp... to go with my Sub and Sub amp I already have [ SEAN Jul 12, 2016 ]
It looks cool [ Alec Jul 02, 2016 ]
I have an Alpine in the car right now and I like Alpine [ ROBERT W Jun 26, 2016 ]
Installed one in my car and liked it so much that now my truck is getting one. [ AARON J. Jun 21, 2016 ]
Love Alpine! [ Barry May 30, 2016 ]
Taking a shot on my first alpine! wish me luck! [ Dustan May 26, 2016 ]
I chose this because I have always liked Alpine products and they are reliable. I have an old Alpine in my 94 Accord that I installed in 2004 and it still rocks. I chose this particular model for the amount of features for the price, particularly bluetooth, USB, 9 band parametric EQ and the Tune It App. [ J May 23, 2016 ]
already had 1 in dash, simple fix [ G May 22, 2016 ]
I liked it and the reviews were helpful [ Roben May 12, 2016 ]
I wanted an Alpine with high end features and sound. [ Matt May 02, 2016 ]
Very outstanding value in a powerful head unit! [ Roberto Apr 27, 2016 ]
This radio will bring my 1985 Mercedes into the 21st century technology wise and should not look too out of place in the dash of my 500SEC. [ Peter Apr 20, 2016 ]
Great price.. Good reviews . The Alpine Name. [ Jay71 Mar 16, 2016 ]
I have always had excellent alpine stuff. These people know how to make players [ Scott Feb 29, 2016 ]
9 band EQ, good RMS output. HD radio and hands free calling. Option to add extra power with alpines add on power booster later. [ BJ Feb 28, 2016 ]
Alpine + Crutchfield is a definite WIN-WIN! [ Daniel Feb 27, 2016 ]
alpine makes a great product. they work forever [ bart Feb 13, 2016 ]
Alpine is the best! I can control it from my phone! Yes! [ David Feb 12, 2016 ]
The features I was looking for were 1. A stereo deck that had a 24bit DAC, not a 1bit or whatever it is now days. 2. Bluetooth for streaming music not for phone calls. 3. A decent set of preamp outputs rated more than 2V. 4. A USB port so I can continue to use my 128gb and 64gb flash drives as music libraries. Make sure you reformat exfat file system to Fat32. I used to buy either Alpine or Pioneer decks and have had some decent decks in the past from both manufacturers, just my preference. [ Mark Jan 18, 2016 ]
Excellent lots of adjustments. [ john Jan 18, 2016 ]
Alpine's reputation for quality car audio. I also liked the feature set, including the 18w per channel and the ability to adjust the display colors. [ Neil Dec 31, 2015 ]
Really scared off by consistent reviews of other mfrs with display washout problems in bright sun. Also wanted HD radio and hands free calling. Great deal on scratch and dent. Hopefully it lives up to expectations. [ Jason Dec 18, 2015 ]
This was my second Alpine 148BT. I bought one for myself and then my wife. Can't say enough good things about it. The best feature is the speaker phone function. Most people can't tell I'm not talking on the handset. [ Derek Dec 14, 2015 ]
19 questions already asked
Thanks for your question. There is no remote included. You can check on the main product page under "What's in the Box". We do have two optional remotes available. I've linked both below. Hope this helps. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500RUE4190/Alpine-RUE-4190.html http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500RUE4202/Alpine-RUE-4202.html [ Kenny Dec 03, 2016 ] Staff
80 [ Kelley Apr 04, 2017 ]
I have an iPhone 5S and it paired after a couple of tries. Not unusual with BT devices. [ JEANNE H Oct 06, 2016 ]
Yes if it has blue tooth [ Kim Oct 05, 2016 ]
It does pair with my iPhone 6s released at the same time, and does audio and calling features. I would assume the SE model iPhone would be no different. [ JOHN P Oct 05, 2016 ]
im not tech savvy with details. I can tell you it works with latest iPhones . Sound is equal or better than when you plug in with lightning cable. Also volume boost so bluetooth is louder than lightning cable direct. I use this in my Porsche. I don't think it could sound any better. I fi can help.. steve at lords nursery dot com [ steve Sep 24, 2016 ]
This receiver doesnot have aptX support. For a list of receivers that support aptX see the aptx web site. That being said, I am very happy with this receiver. I can connect via Bluetooth for both audio and phone with no problems. I use it to stream XM Radio from my phone via the XM mobile app and it sounds quite good. [ Jose Sep 24, 2016 ]
It has Bluetooth v 2.1, It does not have apyX [ John Sep 24, 2016 ]
Although you can change the color of the buttons, you can't change the color of the display which is always white. It was annoying at first, but I now got used to it and it blends very nicely with the amber color of the rest of my 1995 BMW dashboard. [ Jose Sep 24, 2016 ]
The option allows you to modify the color glow of the buttons on the unit. You can use it to match other dashboard lights. I personally settled on blue as it was easier on the eyes at night and still visible in daytime. [ Gary Aug 02, 2016 ]
Yes It will. [ Bradley May 05, 2016 ]
Hi, Scott I'm really not clear on the question you ask about the USB. I always use the one in the front or Bluetooth. [ STEVEN Mar 31, 2016 ]
Yes. It is recommended that you permanently plug a USB extension from the back of the unit in order to have it available within your cabin (mine reaches to the rear seat). Hope this helps. [ BILL Mar 30, 2016 ]
The USB cable is about a meter long and attached to the back of the unit. You can use one of the, really trick, cables available that has an adapter on it to mount it in your dash or console. You can also run it to your glove box or do like I did and run it to your ash tray or other storage compartment. Sky's the limit. [ CHUCK Mar 29, 2016 ]
Hi Scott, My Name is Ryan and I bought this unit a few months back for my Nissan frontier. The usb cable does indeed come out from the back of the unit. I ended up cutting a hole in the back of the plastic adapter kit tray so that the cord (which is about 6 inches long or so) is fed out into the cubby below the stereo. It works well for my purposes, but it is a "creative fix" nonetheless. Hope this helps! [ Ryan Mar 29, 2016 ]
There Is a USB port on the right side of the front face of the unit. It has a small plastic door that opens up. [ Bradley Mar 29, 2016 ]
I purchased the optional usb plug and drilled a hole in my console. It fit perfect and looks like it's part of the original equipment. The adapter is listed under "accessories" on the webpage for the HD148BT [ Leonard Mar 29, 2016 ]
1 answer there seems to be no way to turn off the low pass filter on the subwoofer controls. I have this radio hooked up to an Alpine MRX 110 which also has the low pass filter on at all times. now I am doubling the low pass filter to my subs which as we all know creates a somewhat muddy sounding bass. I can not find a way around this. anyone have any input? thanks Ron [ Capt. Ron Mar 24, 2016 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Mar 25, 2016 ] Staff
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss compatibility with your factory system. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and see if this will integrate. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Kenny Feb 10, 2016 ] Staff
No reason why it shouldn't [ DAMON Aug 13, 2015 ]
It should I used a Motorola Droid and Samsung Note 3 with it [ CORTEZ Aug 13, 2015 ]
Yes,just found it in my glove box and threw it away, as I never remove it from the unit. [ JOE Jun 08, 2015 ]
Yes [ CHRIS M Jun 08, 2015 ]
Yes it comes with a case for the faceplate. [ Dustin Jun 08, 2015 ]
YEp.... [ ROBERT Jun 07, 2015 ]
Yes [ ERIC L Jun 07, 2015 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Mar 18, 2015 ] Staff
Not in a boat, but the screen is very hard to see if bright sunlight hits it. [ CRAIG Mar 16, 2015 ]
I do not have a boat but I did mount one of the three of these that I have bought face straight up with a boat cover over it in a John Deere 2554 forestry machine and I have not noticed a problem, it is in the left arm rest so I look almost straight down on it. [ NATHAN Mar 10, 2015 ]
it works with my note 3 [ CHRIS M Feb 14, 2015 ]
I would assume it would work fine. I have an iPhone so I can't confirm that. [ Dustin Feb 13, 2015 ]
Well I can't explicitly state that it works with the Galaxy Note 4, I can state that does work for Galaxy Note 3 although I am unsure which version of Bluetooth my Note 3 operates. [ JAMES Z Feb 13, 2015 ]
I'm sorry your having trouble but I use an IPhone when its plugged in it automatically comes on when I turn radio to Pandora. Pandora must already be set up on your phone also. Hope this helps [ JOSEPH Dec 24, 2014 ]
I had to reset the head unit, behind the removable face plate there is a reset button. Try that hope that helps. [ ROBERT Dec 15, 2014 ]
Sorry, I haven't synced up anything, I sold the vehicle. [ Charles Dec 11, 2014 ]
Yes. .I had issues with that as well. I erased my phone from the Alpine altogether and re linked it. It isa bit slow connecting and will stay on the no Pandora screen for 15 to 30 seconds before connecting. [ JAMES Z Dec 11, 2014 ]
Sorry Dude, Don't have an S4 and don't use Pandora. Good luck! [ TOM Dec 11, 2014 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Dec 11, 2014 ] Staff
3 answers I read a review online that said the radio doesn't display the artist and / or song title when using an Ipod. Is this true? I like to be able to use the radio controls (hopefully remote?) to skip through songs when using my Ipod. Can this be accomplished remotely without actually having to manually do it on the Ipod [ Mike M Jan 30, 2014 ]
It does display song/artist, only if this info had been entered in the song's info/metadata before sync'ing your iPod. [ BILL Mar 30, 2016 ]
I would like an answer to Mikes Question? (without calling someone) seems like a simple question? and an important one... [ Steve G. Feb 16, 2014 ]
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Jeff Feb 01, 2014 ] Staff
Can you run 2 ohm infinity speakers off the head unit [ larry Sep 10, 2014 ]
Firmware updates to this unit will be handled through the USB interface. [ Jeff Dec 03, 2013 ] Staff
5 answers I'd like to know how the clock works on this model - the few pictures I've seen doesn't show the time on the display. Also I read in a review of another Alpine model that the time doesn't display when the radio is off. I like to know if this is true and in what sources/functions an owner might know what time it is? [ Rhoda Dec 01, 2013 ]
It's the correct answer, but not a good one! [ Rhoda Dec 26, 2013 ]
Clock only shows when radio is on and only shows on pg 1 of channel screen view. Bottom right corner of screen. There is no clock on pg 2 or 3 of HD info stream. [ JOSEPH Dec 24, 2013 ]
You are able to see the clock by pressing on the eyeball looking button. It is next to the 1 for radio station presets. As you press the eyeball button it shows the different views. Examples of the different ones are clock, artist, song, album, playlist. It is kind of annoying that the clock isn't always on, because I do like to see what the artist is, but I have gotten used to it. The radio itself is very good. As for the clock when the radio is off; I am not really sure because I always have the radio on. Good luck and I hope this helps. [ TOM J Dec 02, 2013 ]
Hello Rhonda, I have had 2 of these alpine's radios and I love them. If your radio is off and clock is set it will display also you can check the time at anytime by pressing the display button. The installation book has tons of helpful hints and different features. Hope this helps you with your decision. [ CHRIS M Dec 02, 2013 ]
From the owners manual you are able to set the time on the head unit. It could be that in the pictures the time was never set. I am currently unable to verify this on my head unit, as i am out of town. When you mean that the time doesn't display when the radio is off does that mean when the head unit is turned off or if there is no music playing. There are only videos of the cde-149bt on youtube but it does show the time when there is no music playing so i would imagine that the 148bt would be similar to that. [ MARK Dec 02, 2013 ]
Thanks everyone. The reason I ask this question as I have a Subaru Outback with the factory HK system and when on the fringe of of the FM channel I mostly listen to, it will switch back and forth between regular FM and HD. One notices not only the change in sound quality but also a difference in perceived volume. I was all set to get this HU regardless until I noticed that it does;t have RDS. Geeze, I though just about every mid-range and above had RDS bit not Alpine. I would go with Kenwood but hate their clumsy user interface. [ Stuart Nov 20, 2013 ]
I really have not experimented that much with the AM HD feature. Usually I am listening to CD's or FM broadcast. I'm not in my vehicle very often, just occasional running around town. [ Charles Nov 20, 2013 ]
That is a good guestion. I have noticed that as well but have not found a solution. I live in an area where the comercial radio is just about worthless, so i mainly keep to satelite or use a thumb drive with ripped music on it. I really wish the source button would only display those sources that are currently attached. Ie:dont want to have to scroll through aux if there is nothing connected to aux. Sorry i wasnt anymore help, hopefully we'll both find answers to our questions [ JAMES Z Nov 20, 2013 ]
The simple answer is "no", but switching is not necessary because HD Radio means "Hybrid Digital", not "High Definition." From Wikipedia: HD Radio is the trademark for iBiquity's in-band on-channel (IBOC) digital radio technology used by AM and FM radio stations to transmit audio and data by using a digital signal embedded "on-frequency" immediately above and below a station's standard analog signal, providing the means to listen to the same program in either HD (digital radio with less noise) or as a standard broadcast (analog radio with standard sound quality). The HD format also provides the means for a single radio station to simultaneously broadcast one or more different programs in addition to the program being transmitted on the radio station's analog channel. I regularly tune into the addition channels that are available. Great feature. [ IVORY COAST Nov 20, 2013 ]
Hi Stuart, I've never had to worry about your problem. I stay around the San Diego area and reception is very good. I mostly listen to XM wheni I'm driving. Wish I could help you. Frank in Sunny San Diego [ FRANK Nov 20, 2013 ]