Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Our take on the Alpine IVE-W535HD by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Pandora® Internet radio, HD Radio™, Bluetooth® and more
If you want to bring your car audio system into the 21st century, Alpine's IVE-W535 DVD receiver will do it with style. If you're an iPhone® user, you'll get touchscreen control of your music using the USB connection, plus Pandora® control — including thumbs up and down, song skip, and station search. You Android™ and BlackBerry users aren't left out either — you'll enjoy Pandora control through the receiver's Bluetooth connection. You can also stream music from your phone or another device over Bluetooth.
This Alpine also enables hands-free calling with your compatible phone, so you can concentrate on the road, not fumble for your phone to take a call. If you're a radio addict, you'll love the built-in HD Radio tuner that gives you crystal-clear AM/FM, plus station and song info from participating stations.
A receiver that remembers what you like
Alpine "Favorites" button on the IVE-W535 remembers your personal preferences and those of other users, too. "Favorites" lets you stash the features you access most frequently. For example, you could put in your favorite radio stations, a search for the closest Chinese buffet, favorite audio settings, or anything you want instant access to. Best of all, it's tied to your Bluetooth profile, so the receiver recognizes you when you've got your phone. And it's not limited to you — everybody who uses the car can create their own profile, so their Favorites are ready to go when they slide behind the wheel.
And that legendary Alpine sound, too
The IVE-W535 continues Alpine's tradition of great-sounding car receivers. Inside, a powerful amplifier pumps out more power than you'll find in most factory systems. And you can tailor the sound to your liking with a 9-band equalizer, as well as filters that send the proper frequencies to your speakers for cleaner sound. If you're looking to build a bigger system around the receiver, you'll find three sets of high-voltage preamp outputs for connecting external amplifiers.
Siri® Eyes Free for non-distracting operation
Got an iPhone with Siri? This receiver supports Siri Eyes Free, which means you can ask Siri to make calls, select and play music, compose and hear text messages, read notifications, even use maps and get directions — all commanded by your voice through your Alpine receiver, without any visual distractions from your Apple® device. You may need to download a firmware update from Alpine's website to enable Siri Eyes Free through your receiver.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Alpine stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the IVE-W535HD, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver.
iPod note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility.
This is an swesome product and would highly reccomend.
Chris T, Jacksonville, FL
What's in the Box:
- Double-DIN AM/FM/DVD receiver (w/ integrated 6.1" touchscreen monitor)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness (has in-line 15A fuse and fuse holder)
- Pre-amp/AV harness
- Camera/SWC harness
- 5' USB extension cable (female USB type-A port on one end and male USB type-A plug on the other)
- Microphone (attached 13' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip
- Two-sided tape
- 8 Pan-head machine screws (M5x8mm)
- 6 Countersunk machine screws (M5x8mm)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Fixing screw
- Cloth pouch
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Reference Guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- System Requirements (for CD-ROM)
- Online Product Registration card
- DVD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- internal amp (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.1" touchscreen
- built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio™ with iTunes® tagging
- iPhone® Pandora control through USB
- Android™ and BlackBerry® Pandora control through Bluetooth®
- iPhone basic app mode
- supports Siri Eyes Free mode (firmware update may be required)
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- 9-band parametric equalizer with 10 preset EQ curves
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- compatible with Alpine's PXA-H800 IMPRINT audio processor
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- compatible with Alpine KTP-445A Power Pack amplifier
- inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V input, rear camera input
- outputs: rear A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Alpine IVE-W535HD Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Audio/video Input||Composite (rear)|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power Output||18 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.1 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
6.1" Touchscreen Display: The IVE-W535HD has a 6.1" WVGA (1.15 million-pixel) touchscreen LCD monitor (with 16:9 aspect ratio) that serves as a video monitor, information display, and system controller. The IVE-W535HD's touchscreen monitor provides a more balanced picture, not over-emphasizing dark or light areas, so movies are seen with greater clarity. All of the graphics are crisp and clean for your viewing pleasure.
Detachable Control panel: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary dial along the left-edge of the screen. The 4-button control-panel is detachable to deter theft and comes with a cloth carrying pouch to protect the panel when its detached. You can adjust the brightness of the button lighting at night from -2 to +2.
My Favorite Shortcut Screen: Frequently used functions can be customized to one screen for your convenience. Up to 8 shortcut icons can be registered to the "My Favorites" screen. Your settings are kept as a personal profile linked to your phone via Bluetooth. The IVE-W535HD loads your system preferences when your phone is connected, so you can quickly access the things you use the most by simply pressing the "Star" button. You can choose from the following My Favorite shortcut icons.
- Audio Source: Registers the audio source (HD Radio, Disc, USB, Pandora, iPod, etc) currently play in My Favorites.
- Phone Settings: Lets you register phone numbers stored in your phonebook in My Favorites for shortcut dialing.
Display Settings: The Alpine IVE-W535HD offers the following settings to customize the head unit's LCD touchscreen monitor.
- Display Modes: You can select one of the following
- Wide: Evenly stretches a 4:3 picture horizontally to fit the widescreen monitor.
- Cinema: Displays a 4:3 picture by stretching out the picture horizontally and vertically; good for displaying a cinema-type picture with a 16:9 ratio.
- Normal: Displays a 4:3 picture at the center of the screen with a vertical black band at each side.
- Visual EQ Mode: You can select one of the following
preset modes suitable for the subject image:
- Off (Flat): Initial setting.
- Night Mode: Suitable for movies in which dark scenes frequently appear.
- Soft: Suitable for animated films.
- Sharp: Suitable for old movies where images are not clearly shown.
- Contrast: Suitable for recent movies.
- User Memory (P-1, P-2): Change and save Brightness, Color, Tint, Contrast, and Sharpness settings in the two user memories.
- Display Colors: You can choose from four different background colors for the display; Blue, Red, Green, or Amber.
- Backlight/Illumination Control: You adjust the
brightness of the LCD backlight from -15 to +15. You can then select one of
the following modes for the LCD's fluorescent backlight.
- Auto: Adjusts the brightness of the background illumination based on the ambient light in your vehicle
- On: Keeps the background illumination of the monitor dark (always dimmed, the degree to which the backlight is dimmed is adjustable)
- Off: Keeps the background illumination of the monitor bright (no dimming)
Note: You can also turn the touchscreen completely off at night, if the display is too bright when simply listening to audio and have no need for a monitor display.
Simultaneous Mode: You can watch the video portion of another source on the unit's touchscreen monitor, while listening to the audio over your car speakers from the current source.
Black Out Mode: You can turn the touchscreen monitor off, to simply listen to your music. This will reduce power consumption and enhance sound quality.
Video Lock-out Feature: For safety and legal reasons, the IVE-W535HD features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a video source while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be parked with the ignition in the ACC or ON position. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged, disengaged, and engaged again while the foot brake is held in. This also pertains to the receiver's System & Audio Setup Menus.
Hard-key Buttons: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary dial along the left-edge of the screen. You can adjust the brightness of the button lighting at night from -2 to +2.
2-DIN Chassis: The Alpine IVE-W535HD has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
HD Radio: With the built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free.
- Multicasting: Multicasting is the ability to broadcast multiple program streams over a single AM/FM frequency. this increases the amount and diversity of content choices. A maximum of eight multicast station channels (HD1-HD8) can be selected on this unit.
- Station Text: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. The built-in HD Radio tuner displays song title, artist and station information on the touchscreen monitor of the Alpine IVE-W535HD.
- RDS: The RDS (Radio Data System) is a radio information system. The RDS allows you to receive a variety of information such as traffic information, station names, and song information from standard analog FM radio stations.
- iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from and HD Radio broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store. You can "tag" up to 50 songs. Your iPod/iPhone must have at least 50MB of free space to "tag" and transfer songs. iTunes 7.4 or later is required to purchase "tagged" songs.
- Preset Tuning: The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. The unit's tuner can automatically seek and store six strong stations in a selected band in order of signal strength. Sub-program services of multicast stations are not included in the automatic memory search.
- Digital MC: The Digital MC setting uses a Hybrid method of auto-switching analog and digital on the main channel, and uses all-digital for sub-channels. Alpine's solution keeps you on the channel you desire, resulting in a better overall HD Radio experience.
- Local/Distance Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. Distance seek tuning allows both strong and weak stations to be tuned.
Note: More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts.
SiriusXM Ready: The Alpine IVE-W535HD comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the " SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Text Display: Text information, such as the channel name, artist name, feature and song/program title is displayed on the in-dash multimedia receiver.
- Search Function: You can search for SiriusXM programming content by Category or by Channel.
- SiriusXM Presets: Feature 3 Satellite Radio preset bands. You can store 6 SiriusXM stations to each preset band (a total of 18).
- Jump Recall: You can save your absolute favorite radio station and access it with the press of a single button for easy recall.
- Instant Replay: Supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 30 minutes of live content. Listen to your favorite programming over again.
- Game Alert: GameAlert will display an on-screen message if your favorite teams' games are being broadcast. Jump to that station with the push of a button so you can listen to the game play by play. You can also get the latest score updates while you are listening to other stations.
- Song/Artist Alert: With Song/Artist Alert you can get notified when your favorite songs or artists are being broadcast on any SiriusXM station. With the push of a button, you can jump right to that broadcast and catch the songs you want to listen to.
- iTunes Tagging: The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs (up to 50) you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPod/iPhone. The next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes.
- Parental Lock: This function restricts the listening of channels for children of certain age levels and is protected by a 4-digit "lock-code".
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Compatible Discs: The Alpine IVE-W535HD will play back DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD, and CD-R/RW discs (12cm only). It will also support two-layer DVD discs. The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier because there is no panel to slide or fold-down.
MP3/WMA/AAC Playback: This unit can play CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and DVD+R/RW discs containing MP3, WMA, and AAC files recorded using the ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats. MP3 files with bit rates from 8-320 kbps, WMA files with bit rates from 48-320 kbps, and AAC files with bit rates from 16-320 kbps are supported. Variable bit rates are also compatible. Up to a maximum of 1,000 files/folders can be read from one disc. ID3 tags (v1, v2) and WMA tags are supported; track title, artist name, and album name ID3/WMA tag data can be displayed.
DivX Playback: The IVE-W535HD supports playback of DivX video files (ver. 3/4/5/6) recorded onto CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and DVD+R/RW discs. The optimum resolution for DivX playback is 965 to 720 (horizontal) x 96 to 576 (vertical).
Playback & Search Modes: The Alpine IVE-W535HD offers various playback and search modes for DVD/CD and MP3/WMA/AAC playback.
- Playback Modes:
- Repeat: Repeat Play (repeats playback of current track/file/chapter), Title Repeat (repeats playback of current Title), Folder Repeat (repeats only files in current folder).
- Random (MIX): Random Play (all tracks/files on disc are played in random order), Folder Random (only files in current folder are played back in random order).
- Step/Slow Motion Playback: When a DVD is in the pause mode, you may move forward through the program being played one step (frame) at a time or in slow motion (1/8 or 1/2 speed), forward or backward. No audio is played during slow motion playback.
- Search Modes:
- Text/File/Folder Quick Search: When you are playing a disc with CD Text, ID3, or WMA tags, you can easily search for a track, file, or folder by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the touchscreen to quickly scan through the titles to locate the desired track. For discs without CD Text, ID3 or WMA tags, searches are made using the track numbers associated with each song.
- Direct Search: Use this function to move directly to the beginning of the a chapter or track on a disc.
- Skip (Next/Previous): During playback you can skip to the next or previous track, title, or chapter.
- Fast-Forward/Fast-Reverse: You can view a DVD in various speeds in either direction by touching and holding the fast-forward or fast-reverse button on the touch screen. You can select from 2x, 8x, 16x, or 32x speeds.
- Frame-by-Frame: You can advance the motion picture by one frame at a time. No sound is output during forward frame-by-frame playback. You cannot execute reverse frame-by-frame playback.
Pre-stop Function: When the Pre-stop function is used, the position at which playback is stopped is stored in the memory, and playback resumes from that position.
Switching Angles: On DVDs in which scenes have been filmed from multiple angles, the angle can be switched during playback.
Off Insert/Eject: A DVD/CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Reload: When a disc is ejected and left sticking out of the disc slot for 20 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Parental Lock: Parental Lock allows you to restrict the playback of DVDs that are unsuitable for younger viewers. You can select a parental lock rating from 1-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Angle Mounting: For proper disc playback, Alpine recommends mounting the IVE-W535HD no more that 30° above horizontal.
Bluetooth Technology (powered by Parrot): The Alpine IVE-W535HD features built-in Bluetooth technology (v2.1+EDR), powered by Parrot. Parrot is the global leader in wireless devices for mobile phones, for expanded compatibility for many Bluetooth wireless technology enabled cell phones. The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit.
Bluetooth Profiles: In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or digital audio player must be paired with the IVE-W535HD before hands-free & wireless operation. You can register up to 10 Bluetooth enabled devices with the Alpine head unit. You can keep 2 phones connected at all times (only one can be used during a call). Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine IVE-W535HD. Parrot software updates provide support for future phones.
Dual Auto User Setting: Since the IVE-W535HD can register up to two Bluetooth users at one time, each user can configure their own preferred settings. Once their respective Bluetooth devices have been registered to the unit and their initial settings have been saved, each user can be indentified automatically by the head unit simply be their Bluetooth enabled mobile phone.
External Microphone with Noise Cancellation: The included external microphone (with visor-clip) allows you to speak to the other party on the telephone call hands-free, while the other party's voice is played through your car stereo speakers. The external microphone is tuned and engineered to reduce noise interference and feedback. This allows optimal placement in your car, for the best possible sound quality. You can adjust the microphone's volume level; and even mute the microphone, so your voice will not be heard by the caller. The external microphone measures 0.5625" (diameter) x 1.625" (deep); and features an attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector.
Receiving Calls: The Alpine IVE-W535HD provides a couple ways to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone. Incoming calls are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's touchscreen display.
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" button on your Alpine head unit.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
Placing Calls: The Alpine IVE-W535HD provides a variety of functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The Alpine IVE-W535HD features full phone book access, call history, voice tag dialing, and redial with compatible phones.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Up to 1,000 entries (5 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can select the first 3 call letters (ABC) to search for a desired name in your phonebook.
- Shortcut Dialing: You can assign up to 4 phone numbers for one-touch dialing to make a call easily.
- Call History: The 60 previously dialed, received, or missed numbers can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
Call Switch: This function allows you to initiate the transfer of audio between your mobile phone and your car's speakers.
Text Message Alert: The IVE-W535HD can give you a notification on the display with a blinking mail icon indicator for 30 seconds while receiving a text message on your Bluetooth-enabled phone. The mail icon indicator will remain on if there is an unread message on a connected mobile phone. You must still read or create a text message from your mobile smartphone.
Audio Streaming: The Alpine IVE-W535HD can stream music from you Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP mobile device. Not only can it control & stream your music through Bluetooth, it can process your music using its built-in DSP Sound Expansion to ensure you get the best sound. Basic playback functions include; Play, Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next, & Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name & Song/Album title. The IVE-W535HD also supports audio streaming of music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, but without control or metadata. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to view and control streaming music apps. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Volume Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of the phone caller, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference.
Speaker Output: You can select which car speaker outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device.
- All: The audio will be output from all of the speakers in the car.
- F-L: The sound is only output from the front left speaker.
- F-R: The sound is only output from the front right speaker.
- F-LR: The sound is output from the front left and front right speakers.
USB Port: The Alpine IVE-W535HD features a rear-panel USB type-A port (5' USB extension cable included, so you may connect a USB memory device (MSC or MTP) to this head unit. Your connected USB memory device may contain MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA (48-320 kbps), or AAC (16-320 kbps) music files; as well as DivX video files (ver. 3/4/5/6) formatted in FAT 12/16/32. This unit will recognized up to 10,000 files/folders. ID3 tags (v1, v2) and WMA tags are supported; track title, artist name, and album name ID3/WMA tag data can be displayed. The head unit will play back files on a USB memory devices with the same controls and modes as playback of CDs containing MP3, WMA, and AAC audio files. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the multimedia receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On. The USB port is also used to update the head unit's software, via downloadable software updates from the Alpine website.
iPod AV Playback: The Alpine multimedia head unit supports both audio/video playback from a compatible iPod or iPhone through its rear-panel USB port and 3.5mm video input. Using your iPod or iPhone's USB/Dock cable or the Alpine KCU-445i iPod cable ( 500KCU445I, sold separately) you can enjoy audio playback of your stored music, podcasts, and music apps on your iPod or iPhone through the Alpine multimedia head unit. Using the proprietary Alpine KCU-461iV iPod video cable ( 500KCU461V, sold separately), you can also enjoy video playback of movies, TV shows, video podcasts, and music videos stored on your iPod/iPhone; as well as video based apps streamed to your iPod or iPhone. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park with the parking brake engaged.
Note: If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5/5C/5S; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. These Apple devices only support audio playback (no video output).
iPod DAC Bypass: The Alpine IVE-W535HD's USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's large music libraries to be loaded instantly to the Alpine head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC), allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 100dB.
iPod Control: Once your iPod/iPhone is connected, you get convenient control of your iPod/iPhone's music library from the head unit. Your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen controls will be locked.
- Head Unit: The Alpine IVE-W535HD lets you navigate your iPod/iPhone's music library by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook; and your video library by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, TV Show, Video Podcast, or Rented Movie. You can then search each category alphabetically (A-Z). The head unit also offers three Shuffle playback functions (All/Album/Category) and Repeat playback function (song).
- iPod Passenger Control: In iPod Passenger Control mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen. You can also listen to your favorite music apps (such as Pandora iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Rhapsody, & Slacker) from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Alpine head unit and your vehicle's speakers. You will continue to use your iPhone's touchscreen to navigate your apps. Not all apps will be compatible.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod Display: The Alpine IVE-W535HD will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information in Head Unit or iPod Passenger Control mode. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, as well as Album Art. The unit will not display music app information.
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it. This unit does not charge the iPad.
iPod Compatibility Chart: The Alpine IVE-W535HD is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/24/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora App||Album Art||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
- A firmware upgrade is required for connection of the Apple iPhone 5/5C/5S, iPod touch (5th gen), and iPod nano (7th gen).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Pandora Internet Radio: Pandora is the leading Internet Radio music service in the United States, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The Alpine IVE-W535HD multimedia receiver lets you playback and control the Pandora Internet Radio music service that is being streamed to your Apple iPhone, Android smartphone, or BlackBerry. Your iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account.
- Pandora App for iPhone: The Alpine IVE-W535HD provides complete access to your Pandora account using your iPhone, via the head unit's rear-panel USB port. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS3 or later) with the latest version of the Pandora App from Apple's iTunes App Store. Pandora control via Bluetooth is not available for iPhone.
- Pandora via Android or BlackBerry: The Alpine IVE-W535HD lets you playback and control Pandora Internet Radio streamed from your Android or BlackBerry smartphone, via Bluetooth (no hard-wired connection required). To access Pandora from the Alpine head unit, your Bluetooth-enabled Android or BlackBerry smartphone must have the latest version of the Pandora App from the Android Market or the BlackBerry App World. Your Android or BlackBerry smartphone must support A2DP, AVRCP, and SPP Bluetooth profiles. Pandora control via USB-connection is not available for Android or BlackBerry.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Pandora Control: The Alpine IVE-W535HD will provide control over the Pandora music service streamed to your USB-connected iPhone or Bluetooth-enabled Android or BlackBerry smartphone.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the phone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Information Display: The Alpine IVE-W535HD will display Artist, Album, & Song information provided by the Pandora app on your iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry smartphone.
24-Bit DAC: The Alpine IVE-W535HD utilizes a Burr-Brown 24-bit Digital to Analog Converter to ensure accurate audio reproduction.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Head Unit Power Pack (optional): Add the KTP-445A (500KTP445A, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445A is compact enough to install behind the Alpine DVD receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
6ch/4V Preouts: The IVE-W535HD has three sets of 4-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading.
Subwoofer Control: The subwoofer output level can be adjusted differently from the main volume setting (0-15); so even at low volume settings the subwoofer is still audible. The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: This unit is equipped with active high-pass and low-pass crossovers which limit the frequencies delivered to the speaker and line-level outputs. Each speaker channel is controlled independently, so each speaker pair can be driven by the frequencies for which have they been optimally designed. The crossover adjusts the HFP (high pass filter) or LPF (low pass filter) frequency point of each speaker pair, and also the slope (how fast the filter rolls off the highs or lows).
- High Pass Filter: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front/rear-channel preamp outputs. You can set the unit's high-pass filter center frequency point to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the high pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the low pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
i-Personalize Setup: Tailor your vehicle's sound setting parameters through the IVE-W535HD's built-in i-Personalize feature. Choose your vehicle type, upholstery type, number of speakers, and speaker locations; and the IVE-W535HD will calculate and apply the optimal sound settings for your vehicle.
- Vehicle Type: Sedan, Couple, Hatchback, Mini Van, Small SUV, Large SUV, 2DR Truck, 4DR Truck
- Listening Position: Driver seat or All seats
- Front Speaker Size: Small (3-4"), Medium (5-6.5"), Large (6x9")
- Tweeter: Yes or No
- Rear Speaker Position: Rear Deck or Rear Door panel
- Subwoofer: Yes or No
- Car Seat Material: Leather, Fabric, Half Leather (seats are both made of leather and fabric)
Note: An online version of i-Personalize is available for even more detailed time-correction and sound tuning. Once your adjustments are made online, you can download the parameters to a USB drive and transfer the settings to the IVE-W535HD.
Built-in Equalizer: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a Preset EQ and 9-Band Parametric EQ.
- Equalizer Presets (Bass Max EQ): 10 typical equalizer settings are preset at the factory for a variety of music source material. Choose from Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, and Classical.
- 9-Band Parametric EQ: You can adjust the head unit's 9-Band Parametric Equalizer to create a response curve more appealing to your personal taste. Band 1 (20Hz-100Hz), Band 2 (63Hz-325Hz), Band 3 (125Hz-500Hz), Band 4 (250Hz-1kHz), Band 5 (500Hz-2kHz), Band 6 (1kHz-4kHz), Band 7 (2kHz-7.2kHz), Band 8 (5.8 kHz-12kHz), Band 9 (9kHz-20kHz). Bandwidth Q (1, 2, or 3). Levels (-7 to + 7).
Time Correction: This unit is able to delay the audio signal to the speakers closest to the listener with its built-in Time Correction feature. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance between the left and right speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance (0-336.6cm) or time delay (0.0-9.9msec) of each speaker and subwoofer to the listener.
Media Xpander Pro: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander Pro is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Expander Pro makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. The FM radio, CD, USB memory, iPhone/iPod, and Bluetooth Audio will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
Source Volume Level: The output level (+/-14dB) of each source can be individually adjusted. For example, if the Tuner level sounds lower than CD, its output can be adjusted without affecting the other sources.
Audio Mute: Activating the Audio Mute function will instantly lower the volume level by 20dB.
IMPRINT Sound Upgradeable: The IVE-W535HD is IMPRINT ready. Simply add the Alpine IMPRINT PXA-H800 audio processor (sold separately) and the Alpine RUX-C800 controller (sold separately) for automatic sound tuning or powerful manual tuning options. IMPRINT automatically measures the entire listening area, capturing time domain and frequency response information from each listening location to process and improve the sound at every seat in your vehicle. Precise control and corrections yield enhanced sound so you can enjoy an optimal listening experience. The IMPRINT audio processor allows you to customize your crossover adjustments so you can control where you send your high and low frequencies. It also provide detailed equalizer adjustments. The IVE-W535HD is not compatible with the IMPRINT PXA-H100 processor.
Beep Guide: This function will give audible feedback with varying tones depending upon the button pressed. The volume of this feature can be set from 0-7.
Audio/Video Input: The IVE-W535HD is fitted with one rear-panel audio/video input which consists of a composite video jack and stereo RCA jacks to connect an external AV source.
Audio/Video Output: Rear-panel stereo RCA jacks and a composite video jack are provided for feeding an A/V signal to an optional video monitor for rear seat entertainment. The rear zone signals are passed by RCA composite video and stereo RCA preamp audio connections. The same audio/video signal will be displayed on the unit's integrated monitor and the optional video monitor. You can select the aspect ratio of any back seat monitor(s); choose from 4:3 Letter Box, 4:3 Pan and Scan, 16:9 Widescreen.
Rear Camera Input: A proprietary rearview camera input on the rear panel is designed for use with the Alpine HCE-C117D camera ( 500HCC117D, sold separately). A composite video input is also available so the input can be used with almost any rearview camera (such as the 500HCEC115, sold separately). Or, you can use both camera inputs to connect front- and rear-view cameras (front-view cameras include the 500HCEC212F, sold separately). The IVE-W535HD is also compatible with Alpine's multi-view cameras (such as the 500HCEC210, sold separately). With a multi-view camera connected, you can select between a Rear, Panorama, Corner, or Ground view when backing up. The rear-view camera function also provides three on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up your vehicle. If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the unit's reverse lead wire (Orange/white) to your vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera automatically appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.7 seconds. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Optional Wireless Remote: The Alpine IVE-W535HD is wireless remote control ready. Simply add on the Alpine RUE-4190 IR remote ( 500RUE4190, sold separately) to make it even easier to control the head unit's basic tuner & disc functions.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
yes [ CHRIS T Aug 13, 2014 ]
Yes. You have the options to change colors [ JAMES J Aug 11, 2014 ]
Yes. The screen LED colors can be customized. Red is one of the available colors. [ JASON Aug 11, 2014 ]
Yes, the red is nice. Also amber and understated black on black. [ Curt Aug 11, 2014 ]
Yes my unit does allow me to change from blue to green to red or amber and even black. [ DAMON A Aug 11, 2014 ]
Thanks John. I just noticed that I spelled unit wrong. LOL [ Kevin Jun 25, 2014 ]
Not that I am aware of, but it is one awesome unit... [ JOHN Jun 25, 2014 ]
No, in the remote tv will only show video when the dvd is playing. No mirror of the receiver on the remote tv's [ JOSE Jun 25, 2014 ]