Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
5-channel Digital Theater car amplifier
50 watts RMS x 5
Item # 500MRAF350 | MFR # MRA-F350
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Alpine MRA-F350 by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
This amplifier requires a compatible Alpine head unit and an optical cable.
Now Alpine makes it easier to experience multi-channel DVD sound in your vehicle. The MRA-F350 Digital Theater 5-channel amplifier, controlled by a compatible Alpine in-dash stereo, delivers full multi-channel sound with stunning realism.
The amp's all-digital design delivers 50 watts to each of five channels, supplying the front, rear, and center-channel speakers in your system with plenty of clean power. A subwoofer preamp output routes the low frequencies to your subwoofer amplifier.
Hook up a digital source like a DVD player or a game system to the optical digital input, and the amp's internal processors convert the digital info into surround sound. Another bonus built-in Dolby Pro-Logic II processing brings convincing multi-channel sound to your standard stereo CDs.
All the amplifier's functions are controlled right from the touchscreen of your compatible Alpine receiver the amplifier has no built-in controls. Alpine's sophisticated Bass Engine processor allows you to adjust the output to best complement your system.
Note: Sorry, Crutchfield cannot ship Alpine products to Guam or Puerto Rico.
Overall good amp, got it when I bought my head unit. only two gripes, slightly underpowered for speakers with a low sensitivity rating, also it disables the rca out's on the back of the head unit (volume control wise) so you can't use any more amps for mids.
Matt, Sanford, MI
What's in the Box:
- 5-channel amplifier with two 20-amp blade fuses installed
- 19' AI-Net cable
- 8" Guide control cable
- 2 Speaker output terminal covers
- 1 Power/ground terminal cover
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Owners Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration/Survey
- Warranty sheet
- 5-channel Digital Theater amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 5 at 4 ohms
- Dolby Digital, DTS, and Dolby Pro Logic II processing built-in
- optical digital input (requires optical cable)
- all amplifier functions controlled by touchscreen of your compatible Alpine receiver (no built-in controls)
- connects to compatible Alpine navigation systems, including:
- IVA-D100, IVA-D105, IVA-D106, IVA-D300, IVA-D310, IVA-D900, IVA-D901, IVA-W200, IVA-W205, IVA-W505, DVA-9860, DVA-9861 and DVA-9965.
- MOSFET power supply
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Bass Engine® features:
- variable center-channel high-pass crossover (20-400 Hz in 1/3 octave steps, 6/12/18/24 dB per octave)
- variable front left and right high-pass crossovers (20-200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps, 6/12/18/24 dB per octave)
- variable rear left and right high-pass crossovers (20-200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps, 6/12/18/24 dB per octave)
- sub channel preamp output (20-200 Hz low-pass filter, 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave)
- variable subsonic filter (20-50 Hz in 1/6 octave steps, 6/12/18/24 dB per octave)
- subwoofer phase control (0/180 degrees)
- time correction adjustment (0-20 mSec in 0.1 mSec increments)
- 17-band parametric EQ (five bands for front, rear, and center, two bands for sub channel)
- STAR Topology (minimizes internal noise and prevents ground interference)
- detachable front cover
- blue power LED
- fuse rating: 20A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 13-3/4"W x 2-1/4"H x 9-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Alpine MRA-F350 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 5
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||4|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||20-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||6/12/18/24 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||20-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||6/12/18/24 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Fuse Rating||20 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 (mono subwoofer)|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The MRA-F350 is a five channel Car Theater (as opposed to Home Theater) amplifier designed to power your front (left and right), center, and rear (left and right) speakers, while a preamp output feeds your subwoofer amp. This amp requires a compatible Alpine head unit for set up and control. By itself, the amp offers no stand alone capability. Surround sound processors are built-in and also controlled by the head unit. The following head units include controls for this amp: IVA-D100, IVA-D105, IVA-D106, IVA-D310, IVA-D901, IVA-W200, IVA-W205, IVA-W505, DVA-9860, DVA-9861, and DVA-9965.
Surround Processors: This amp has three surround sound processors built-in:
- Dolby Digital: Plays Dolby Digital soundtracks in as many as six discrete channels (5.1)
- DTS: Plays DTS soundtracks in as many as six discrete channels (5.1)
- Dolby Pro Logic II: Simulates 5.1 channel playback from a stereo source (CD, FM Radio, etc)
Crossovers: The MRA-F350 has four separate crossovers. All but the low-pass (subwoofer output) can be turned off for full range operation:
- Front left and right (channels 1&2): variable high-pass from 20-200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps, selectable slope of 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave
- Rear left and right (channels 3&4): variable high-pass from 20-200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps, selectable slope of 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave
- Center (channel 5): variable high-pass from 20-400 Hz in 1/3 octave steps, selectable slope of 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave
- Subwoofer (pre-amp out): Variable low-pass from 20-200 Hz in 1/12 octave steps, selectable slope of 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave
Subsonic Filter: In addition to the low-pass crossover, the subwoofer output also has a subsonic filter. The frequency is variable from 20-50 Hz in 1/6 octave steps with a selectable slope of 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave.
Subwoofer Output: The subwoofer output is a line level signal (RCA) with a low-pass crossover and subsonic filter. The phase of the sub output can be reversed; 0° or 180°.
Time Alignment: The built-in surround processors offer time alignment for all six channels (5.1) to compensate for the less than perfect speaker positioning typical in a car. The delay range runs from 0-20 milliseconds in 0.1 ms increments.
Equalizer: The MRA-F350 has a parametric equalizer with a total of 17 bands; five for the front, five for the rear, five for the center, and two for the sub. The center frequencies are adjustable from 20-20 kHz in 1/6 octave steps. The width of the EQ band (Q) can be adjusted to 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. The adjustment level is +/-9 dB.
Optical Input: The amp has an optical digital (standard Toslink) input for use with digital sources, such as a DVD player, game system, etc.
STAR Topology: Alpine's unique STAR (Signal Transit for Accurate Response) Circuit PCB design provides a single common ground for all amp sub-blocks, preventing ground interference and minimizing internal noise.
Head Unit: The MRA-F350 requires a compatible head unit for setup and control, it cannot be used without one. The current list of compatible head units includes (but is not limited to): IVA-D100, IVA-D105, IVA-D106, IVA-D310, IVA-D901, IVA-W200, IVA-W205, IVA-W505, DVA-9860, DVA-9861, and DVA-9965.
Speakers: Although the original manual lists bridging instructions, per Alpine: The amp is not bridgeable, and it's designed to power 4 ohm speakers.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- Speaker Outputs: terminal strip outputs for all five speakers; each terminal is 0.338" wide
- Power and Ground: screw terminals for power and ground that will accept up to 8 gauge bare wire (8 gauge recommended); each terminal is 0.338" wide
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Guide Control: 2-pin jack for connecting an outboard controller
- Digital Input: Toslink optical digital input for digital sources (DVD, Game system, etc)
- Changer In: since the amp is connected to the head unit's AI-Net port, a changer is connected to the AI-Net changer input on the amp
- AI-Net: analog signals are input through an AI-Net cable; the amp has no standard RCA inputs
- Guide Input: single RCA input
- Subwoofer: single RCA output
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.