Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Mono subwoofer amplifier
800 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
Item # 500MRPM850 | MFR # MRP-M850
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Alpine MRP-M850 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Outstanding audio performance you expect it when the amp is an Alpine. Alpine's V-Power amplifiers supply the high level of performance you want without shaking loose too much of your hard-earned cash.
The MRP-M850 mono amplifier will power your subwoofer with 500 watts of power. Add a second sub and the MRP-M850 pumps out 800 watts enough power for some seriously "good vibrations." The variable low-pass filter adjusts the frequency output to match your system, while the Bass EQ lets you dial in some extra boost on the lows. A subsonic filter eliminates inaudible, ultra-low bass notes for cleaner output.
The amp's machined-metal heatsink keeps the internal parts cool and distortion low even when you're cranking the volume. Gold-plated screw terminals and RCA connections resist corrosion that can degrade signal performance.
works good-- i'm a bells and whistles kinda guy and would like to see via a led or led's when the amp is producing peak rms amperage maybe in the future alpine will add the feature_ a test of time for the alpine will reveal its true preformance and value
daniel, cumberland county, kentucky
What's in the Box:
- Mono amplifier
- Three 25 amp fuses (installed)
- 7" Speaker-level input harness (8-pin Molex plug on one end and bare wires on the other)
- 2 Terminal covers
- 4 Self-tapping hex-head screws (M4 x 20mm)
- 4 Machine screws for securing terminal covers (M3 x 12mm)
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
- mono subwoofer car amplifier
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (800 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- tuned Bass EQ (0-12 dB bass boost at 50 Hz)
- subsonic filter (24 dB at 15 Hz)
- MOSFET power supply
- STAR Topology (minimizes internal noise and prevents ground interference)
- gold-plated screw terminals
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- fuse rating: 25A x 3
- 4-gauge amp wiring kit with 80-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 15-5/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Alpine MRP-M850 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
500 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||800 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||70 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||25 x 3|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Power Supply: The MRP-M850 amplifier's power supply uses MOSFETs to convert DC battery voltage to the higher DC voltages needed for high power. It supplies positive and negative voltages around 0V, rather than around 6V as with conventional single-polarity power supplies. The result is higher power levels and a dynamic range wider by as much as 10dB.
Low Pass Filter: The amp is equipped with a 50-200Hz variable low-pass filter with a slope of 24dB/octave. This being a mono subwoofer amp, the crossover is always engaged.
Subsonic Filter: This amp utilizes a 15Hz subsonic filter to eliminate super low frequencies that can rob power and damage speakers. The subsonic filter operates at all times, and cannot be turned off.
Bass EQ: The Bass EQ circuit provides a variable boost (0-12dB) at 50 Hz.
Inputs: The amplifier offers both line-level and speaker-level inputs for 2 channels. The supplied speaker-level input harness allows you to connect this amplifier to a receiver without preamp outputs; aftermarket or factory.
Terminal Covers: The amp comes with two plastic covers that protect and insulate the RCA, power, and speaker connections. Four supplied machine screws attach the covers to the amplifier.
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- GND (ground): Gold-plated set screw terminal, accommodates bare wire up to 4 gauge
- Battery: Gold-plated set screw terminal, accommodates bare wire up to 4 gauge
- Remote: Gold-plated set screw terminal, accommodates bare wire up to 8 gauge
- Speaker Output: Gold-plated set screw terminal, accommodates bare wire up to 8 gauge
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Line Inputs: 1 pair of gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Speaker Level Input: Molex plug input for supplied 4-pin harness
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.