Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Mono subwoofer amplifier
1000 watts RMS x 1
Our take on the Alpine PDX-1.1000 by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Cool and Compact Amps
Sometimes size doesn't matter. Alpine packs Class-D amplifier technology into their PDX amplifiers for awesome power from a compact frame. These small-but-mighty amps free up valuable space and run so cool they can be stacked together for a sweet multi-amp setup.
Heavy duty, clean power
The PDX-1.1000 mono amplifier supplies a stunning 1,000 watts of sub-cranking power from an amazingly compact body, plenty of power for the most sub systems. Beefy internal components and clever engineering keep the power output strong and the noise low for superb fidelity and control. The adjustable frequency filter tailors the amp's output to your specific system.
Front-mounted controls make post-installation adjustments a snap. Gold-plated RCA inputs, outputs, and power connections resist corrosion and signal degradation. Nifty speaker wire plugs ensure a tight connection and guarantee that your speakers work in unison.
I am using this amp to power a single Boston SPG555PS and the best description is WOW! I am astonished at the level of control this amp exhibits, very powerful and surprisingly musical. I would highly recomend it for a power hungry woofer!
ppod, Cleveland, OH
What's in the Box:
- Mono amplifier with four 20-amp blade fuses installed
- 2 Speaker quick connect terminals
- 4 Joint caps (for stacking multiple amps)
- Four 1-1/2" Self-tapping screws
- Four M4 x 36mm Machine screws
- Eight M2.6 x 14mm Machine screws (with lock washers attached)
- 2mm Allen wrench
- 4mm Allen wrench
- Owners Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration/Survey
- Warranty sheet
- Specification verification certificate
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- Class-D amplifier design
- stackable installation design with front-panel controls
- quick-connect speaker connectors
- preamp-level inputs and outputs
- MOSFET power and output stages
- CEA-2006 compliant
- fuse rating: 20A x 4
- 4-gauge amp wiring kit with 80-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-3/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 8-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Alpine PDX-1.1000 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
1000 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1000 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Fuse Rating||20 x 4|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
PDX Amplifier Design: Class-D amplifiers boast higher efficiency, produce much less heat, and draw less current than traditional Class-AB amps. The PDX series is Alpine's totally new super-efficient power density design of full range class-D amps. They combine MOSFET power supplies, MOSFET final outputs, and a thermal management processor, along with a 4-Layer Glass Epoxy PC Board to create a high-end sound quality without the bulky heat sinks required by most amps with this much power.
STAR Topology: Alpine's unique STAR (Signal Transit for Accurate Response) Circuit PCB design provides a single common ground for all amp sub-blocks, preventing ground interference and minimizing internal noise.Subsonic Filter: Also called an infrasonic filter, a subsonic filter cuts off extremely low bass (below the range of human hearing) that many speakers cannot effectively reproduce, thereby making the amp's power supply and output devices, and the speaker, more efficient.
Terminal Layout: For wiring convenience all the inputs and outputs on the amp are on one side.
Verification Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that lists the RMS power output of the individual amplifier. It also lists the model number, serial number, test date, and the test conditions (14.4 volts, 4 ohms).
Speaker Connecters: The PDX series amps use a new Speaker Quick Connect plug to attach the speaker wires to the amp. Bare speaker wire, up to 8 gauge, is held in place by a set screw, the Quick Connect plug then plugs into the amp. Like an RCA jack, the Quick Connect plug uses a center positive layout, so it fits two ways and both maintain correct polarity. The two speaker terminals are shorted together, so if you're only using one sub you can connect to either terminal.
Line Level Output: In addition to the line inputs, the PDX-1.1000 has non-fading left and right female RCA outputs for extra system flexibility.
Stack Amps: Because the PDX series design generates so little heat, up to three amps can be stacked and bolted together. All three amps in the series, PDX-2.150, PDX-4.150, and PDX-1.1000 share the same footprint, so they can be stacked together.
Notes: When stacking multiple amplifiers, do not install vertically or at an incline. Any stack installation other than parallel to the vehicle floor, invalidates the warranty.
LED: The top mounted LED Power/Status indicator glows blue when operating normally and red when one of the protection circuits engages.
Protection Circuits: This amplifier includes protection circuits to prevent damage due to the following conditions:
- ambient temperature too high
- supply current too high
- short to ground
- over voltage
Controls (front of unit): Once set, the controls are covered by a door.
- Crossover Frequency: rotary control to select the low pass crossover frequency, variable from 50 to 200Hz, 24 dB/octave
- Gain Control: rotary control to set the amplifier's gain according the level of the incoming signal, continuously variable from 0.2V to 4.0V
- Gain Range: select 0.1-1.0 volt or 1.0-8.0 volt range for the rotary control
- Subsonic Filter: off, 15 Hz, or 30 Hz
Inputs and Outputs (rear of unit):
- Power and Ground terminals: power and ground terminals are gold plated set screw terminals, will accept up to 4 gauge bare wire, Alpine recommends 6 gauge wire minimum
- Remote Turn-on terminal: gold plated set screw terminal, will accept up to 10 gauge bare wire
- Speaker terminals: each speaker output uses Alpine's Speaker Quick Connect plug
- Line Level Input: Left and right female RCA jacks, gold plated
- Line Level Output: Left and right female RCA jacks, gold plated
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.