Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
CD receiver with free SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
Watch a product demo
Crutchfield: Alpine CDE-SXM145BT display and controls demo
Crutchfield: Alpine CDE-SXM145BT Receiver SiriusXM
Item # 500SXM145B | MFR # CDE-SXM145BT
You pay: $209.99 (today)
Mail-in Rebate: -$70.00
$139.99 Earn up to 210 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Alpine CDE-SXM145BT by Crutchfield's Jon Paulette
Amazing Alpine sound, great SiriusXM programming
The CDE-SXM145BT CD receiver gives you the great sound you expect from Alpine, plus SiriusXM satellite radio's amazing variety of music, sports, news, and entertainment.
The SiriusXM programming (subscription required) comes through the SXV200 SiriusXM tuner that's included with this receiver. You'll also enjoy these convenient features:
- iTunes® Tagging, which allows you to mark songs for purchase later at the iTunes store;
- SiriusXM Replay™ for pause, rewind and replay of up to 60 minutes of live content;
- Song Alert and Artist Alert, which constantly scans all channels for your favorites;
- and Game Alert™ which lets you know when your favorite NFL, NBA, NHL or college teams is playing live.
Hands-free calling isn't just a convenience these days, it's practically a necessity. The CDE-SXM145BT includes built-in Bluetooth, so you can talk safely and stream music from Pandora Internet Radio using your iPhone.
Great for your stored iPod® and iPhone® content, too
Of course, you can also use the receiver controls to navigate your iPod's music library — just plug in your device to the convenient front-panel USB input and get ready to rock out (or chill out, depending on your preference). Alpine's rotary encoder makes really easy to find your favorite songs, albums, artists, or playlists quickly. Your copilots will love Passenger Control Mode, which lets them play DJ while you focus on driving.
App Direct Mode opens up more music
If you have an iPhone®, you know that the music you've stored on it is only part of the story — streaming apps let you tune into a plethora of music and other programs. The CDE-SXM145BT features App Direct Mode, which gives you access to select music apps. App Direct Mode offers limited control over your apps, with features such as play/pause and next track.
Ready for expansion
A powerful internal amp gives you plenty of headroom to turn up the volume without the sound getting distorted and harsh. You can adjust the overall tone to taste with the 3-band parametric EQ, which allows you to choose the centerpoint for your bass, midrange, and treble controls.
This Alpine's user-friendly controls make it easy to operate on the road.
If you want to take the performance up another notch, you can plug Alpine's KTP-445A Power Pack directly into to the CDE-SXM145BT. This plug-and-play powerhouse kicks up the output to a robust 45 watts RMS per channel, but it requires almost no wiring and takes up very little space. If you want to bring on the bass, this Alpine also features two sets of RCA preamp outputs, perfect for adding a powered sub or an amp.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Easy to use and good sound
Bob, Buena Vista, CO
What's in the Box:
- CD receiver (10A ATC fuse inserted in chassis)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Face (attached)
- Wiring harness
- SiriusXM Connect tuner module (SXV200A)
- SiriusXM Antenna (w/ attached 23' cable terminate by a right-angle SMB connector)
- Hard plastic face case
- Microphone w/ attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector (inside face case)
- Sun-visor bracket (inside face case)
- Two-sided tape (inside face case)
- 4 Flat-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 8mm)
- Face fixing screw
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Rubber wedge
- Alcohol Prep Pad
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Reference Guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- Online Product Registration
- Computer Requirements booklet
- SiriusXM Connect Installation Guide
- SiriusXM 12-Month Limited Warranty
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- includes SVX200A SiriusXM tuner kit (requires subscription, sold separately)
- made for iPod and iPhone
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and streaming audio
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- App Direct Mode offers basic control of many streaming music apps
- plays CDs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- remote control ready
- 3-band parametric equalizer with ten presets
- high- and low-pass filters, subwoofer phase switch
- iPod direct control via USB input — no adapter necessary, but adding Alpine's optional cable lets you leave your iPod cable at home
- inputs: front USB and auxiliary inputs
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
Alpine CDE-SXM145BT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Included SiriusXM Tuner|
|RMS Power Output||18 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
SiriusXM Tuner Included: The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT comes ready for SiriusXM, thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port and the included SiriusXM Tuner module (SXV200A) and antenna. You can receive more than 160 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the " SiriusXM Premier" package (subscription required). Including, 20+ SiriusXM Xtra Channels which consist of music, sports, entertainment and a collection of channels dedicated to Spanish language programming. Here is a partial list of available channels; Howard Stern, Oprah, NFL, NASCAR, ESPN, Elvis Radio, Foxxhole, HairNation, Fox News, CNN, and many more. Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options & channel guide. Additional features you get with the SXV200A SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Text Display: Text information, such as the channel name, artist name, feature and song/program title is displayed on the in-dash receiver.
- Search Function: You can search for SiriusXM programming content by Category or by Channel.
- 18 Presets: The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT feature 3 Satellite Radio preset bands. You can store 6 SiriusXM stations to each preset band (a total of 18).
- Jump Recall: You can save your absolute favorite radio station and access it with the press of a single button for easy recall.
- Tune Scan & Start: The Tune Scan feature scans through songs from your music channel presets. You can end the Tune Scan and continue listening to the currently broadcast song in its entirety. With Tune Start, whenever you tune to a preset music channel, the current song will automatically start playing from the beginning.
- Instant Replay: The CDE-SXM145BT supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content. Listen to your favorite content again, or hear content you missed while listening to another channel.
- Song/Artist/Game Alert: With Song/Artist Alert you can get notified when your favorite songs or artists are being broadcast on any SiriusXM station. With the push of a button, you can jump right to that broadcast and catch the songs you want to listen to. GameAlert will display an on-screen message if your favorite teams' games are being broadcast. Jump to that station with the push of a button so you can listen to the game play by play. You can also get the latest score updates while you are listening to other stations.
- iTunes Tagging: The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs (up to 50) you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPod/iPhone. The next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes. When you hear a song you like, simply press and hold down the Volume button for two seconds on the CDE-SXM145BT.
- Parental Lock: This function restricts the listening of channels for children of certain age levels and is protected by a 4-digit lock-code.
Note: SiriusXM Satellite Radio operates on the XM Network. However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
SiriusXM Antenna: The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT also includes the SiriusXM antenna (model # XVANT1). The included SiriusXM antenna plugs into the SMB connector on the SiriusXM Tuner module. The antenna features a magnetic base and a 23' cable. The antenna measures only 1.4375" (w) x 0.5625" (h) x 1.75" (d).
AM/FM Tuner: The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically. Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. Distance seek tuning allows both strong and weak stations to be tuned.
Bluetooth Technology: The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT features built-in Bluetooth (ver. 3.0) technology. The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine CDE-SXM145BT .
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Alpine CDE-SXM145BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can register up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices with the Alpine receiver (only one paired phone can be used at a time).
Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone (including iPhone & Android). The controls of the CDE-SXM145BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone, so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers.
- Receiving Calls: The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT
provides a couple ways
to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone. Incoming calls
are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will
be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's display.
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" button on your Alpine head unit.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
- Placing Calls: The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT
provides a variety of
functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The Alpine
features full phone book access, call history, voice tag dialing, and
redial with compatible phones.
- Voice Dialing: If you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact by simply speaking the name of your contact.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Up to 1,000 entries (3 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can select the first 3 call letters (ABC) to search for a desired name in your phonebook.
- Preset Dialing: You can assign phone numbers that you dial frequently to presets (1-6) for quick recall. You can assign up to six frequently called phone numbers. A total of 18 phone numbers can be stored in the preset memory (6 numbers for each mobile phone paired).
- Call History: The previously dialed, received, or missed numbers (20 each) can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
Note: During a conversation, you can initiate a transfer of audio between your mobile phone and your car's speakers.
External Microphone w/ Noise Cancellation: The included external microphone (with visor-clip) allows you to speak to the other party on the telephone call hands-free, while the other party's voice is played through your car stereo speakers. The external microphone is tuned and engineered to reduce noise interference and feedback. This allows optimal placement in your car, for the best possible sound quality. You can adjust the microphone's volume level; and even mute the microphone, so your voice will not be heard by the caller. The external microphone measures 0.5625" (diameter) x 1.625" (deep); and features an attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Metadata Display): The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone (including iPhone & Android). The CDE-SXM145BT will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. The CDE-SXM145BT also supports audio streaming of music apps downloaded on your smartphone with metadata display and limited control. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Digital Assistant Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S/5 via Bluetooth (not USB), the Alpine CDE-SXM145BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press-and-hold down on the head unit's Answer Button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the CDE-SXM145BT and its microphone. The head unit's display will only indicate hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Alpine CDE-SXM145BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone 4S/5. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Bluetooth Sound Quality Adjustments: You can customize the sound of your Bluetooth hands-free experience to fit your own preferences. You can adjust the CDE-SXM145BT's mic gain, phone output, & ring tone volume. If that's not enough, there are 5 sound quality settings to choose from to get the balance just right for you. This flexibility will make your phone calls a pleasurable experience.
- Volume Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of phone call, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference. The Phone Talk Level, Ring Tone, & Mic Gain are all adjustable between -5 to + 5 dB.
- Sound Types: This unit provides 5 methods to improve the sound quality of your calls. You can choose the type according to your own preference - Type 1 (standard mode), Type 2 (enhances noise reduction), Type 3 (enhances echo-cancellation), Type 4 (enhances both noise reduction & echo cancellation), & Type 5 (weakens both noise reduction & echo-cancellation).
Speaker Output: You can select which car speaker outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device.
- All: The audio will be output from all of the speakers in the car
- F-L: The sound is only output from the front left speaker.
- F-R: The sound is only output from the front right speaker.
- F-LR: The sound is output from the front left and front right speakers.
iPod/iPhone USB 1-Wire Connection: You can connect your iPod or iPhone to the head unit's front-panel USB port using the Alpine KCU-445i iPod/iPhone cable (500KCU445I, sold separately) or the iPod/USB cable that came with your iPod/iPhone to get access to all of your iPod/iPhone's stored music, right from the head unit. If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. Using either cable allows audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhone models from the CDE-SXM145BT.
- Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT supports audio playback of music, podcast, and audiobook files stored on your iPod or iPhone; as well as music apps downloaded on your Apple device. The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's large music libraries to be loaded instantly to the Alpine head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB.
- Music Navigation: You can choose to control the
iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or
touchscreen (App Direct Mode).
- Head Unit: The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT lets you navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast, Composer, Audiobook, or Genius Mix. You can then search these categories alphabetically. For especially big music libraries, the Percentage Search function uses the preset buttons for quick jumps to specific parts of the list (Preset 1: 0-6%, Preset 2: 17-32%, Preset 3: 33-49%, Preset 4: 50%-66%, Preset 5: 67-82%, Preset 6: 83-100% of the song library). The head unit also offers three Shuffle playback modes (Album/Song/All) and one Repeat mode (song).
- App Direct Mode: In App Direct Mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen. You can also listen to your favorite music apps (such as Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Rhapsody, & Slacker) from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Alpine head unit. Basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track are available from the head unit. You will continue to use your iPhone's touchscreen to navigate advanced functions of your music apps. Not all apps will be compatible with this mode. Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
- Information Display: The CDE-SXM145BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information when you are controlling your iPod/iPhone from the Alpine head unit or the Apple devices clickwheel/touchscreen. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label. The unit will also display station identification and song/artist information from select music apps.
- iPod/iPhone Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it. This unit does not charge the iPad.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 4/24/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Bluetooth||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App||Phone||Audio||Siri||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Auxiliary Input: The unit is equipped with front-panel minijack (3.5mm) auxiliary input. You can input audio from an auxiliary source unit: such as a portable MP3 player. You can change the name on the display to match the type of device connected to the front panel input; Auxiliary, TV, DVD, Portable, or Game.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio, CD-Text, and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The unit also supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto CD-R/RW discs.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT features a front-panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-out cover. The USB port enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. The USB port supports audio playback and control of MP3/WMA audio files stored on these portable USB mass-storage class devices. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On. You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
MP3/WMA Playback: The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT supports the following types of MP3/WMA files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB Storage Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05,
24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||255 files/folders||255 folders/255 files per folder|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tags|
Text/File/Folder Search: When you are playing a disc or USB device with CD-Text, ID3 or WMA tags, you can easily search for a track, file, or folder by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the rotary encoder to quickly scan through the titles to locate the desired track. For discs and USB devices without CD Text, ID3 or WMA tags, searches are made using the track numbers associated with each song.
Playback Modes: The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT offers Repeat and Random playback modes.
- Repeat: Repeat Play (repeats playback of current track/file), Folder Repeat (repeats only files in current folder).
- Random: Random Play (all tracks/files on disc are played in random order), Folder Random (only files in current folder are played back in random order).
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Reload: When a CD is ejected and left sticking out of the CD slot for 20 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Angle Mounting: For proper CD playback, Alpine recommends mounting the CDE-SXM145BT no more that 35° above horizontal.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
4ch/2V Preamp Outputs: The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT features two pair of 2.0-volt preamp outputs. The unit's rear preamp outputs can be configured as fading rear-channel outputs or a non-fading subwoofer outputs with a low-pass filter, phase adjustment, and output level control.
Note: When an external amplifier is connected sound quality can be improved by stopping the power supply of the built-in amplifier.
Head Unit Power Pack (optional): Add the KTP-445A (500KTP445A, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445A is compact enough to install behind the Alpine CD receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
Subwoofer Control: When the non-fading subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can adjust the subwoofer's volume, low-pass filter, & phase.
- Volume: There are two volume (system) modes for the
unit's subwoofer output.
- System 1: Subwoofer level changes according to the main volume setting.
- System 2: Subwoofer level change is different from the main volume setting (0-15); even at low volume settings, the subwoofer is still audible.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or Off (through).
- Subwoofer Phase: The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
High Pass Filter: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front-channel preamp output (when activated). You can set the unit's high-pass filter to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or Off (through).
Preset EQ: You can select from 11 different EQ presets to get the best sound from all your sources. You can choose from Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electric Dance, Hip-Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical, or User.
3-Band Parametric Equalizer: The User Preset activates the head unit's 3-Band Parametric Equalizer for a better sound response curve. Bass, Mid, & Treble can be adjusted in the 3-Band Parametric mode.
|Bass||60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 120Hz||Wide 0.5, Medium 1.0, Medium 1.5, or Narrow. 2.0||-7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)|
|Midrange||500Hz, 1.0kHz, 1.5kHz, or 2.5kHz||Wide 0.75, Medium 1.0, Medium 1.25, or Narrow 1.5||-7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)|
|Treble||7.5kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz, or 15kHz||Wide 0.75 or Narrow 1.25||-7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)|
Note: The units stores independent EQ settings for each source (Disc, Tuner, Aux, USB, iPod, and Bluetooth).
Loudness: Loudness introduces a special low and high frequency emphasis at low listening levels to compensate for the ear's decreased sensitivity to bass and treble sound at low volume.
Media Xpander: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Expander makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. The FM radio, CD, USB, iPod/iPhone, Bluetooth, and Aux-input will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
Source Volume Level: The output level of each source is individually adjustable from -14 to + 14 dB.
Detachable Face: The unit features a single front loading CD face that detaches from the chassis to deter theft. A hard plastic face case is provided to store the detachable faceplate. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
1-Line LCD Display: This unit is equipped with a 1-Line white-backlit LCD, so you can easily view AM/FM stations, CD-Text, and ID-3/WMA tag information.
Text Display: Text information, such as the disc name and the track name, will be displayed if playing a CD text compatible disc. It is also possible to display the folder name, the file name, and the tag information, while playing a MP3/WMA disc.
Text Scroll: This unit can scroll the disc and track names recorded on CD-Text disc, as well as the text information of MP3/WMA files, folder names, and tags. There are two Text Scroll settings.
- Auto: The CD text information, the information of folder and file names, and the tags are scrolled automatically.
- Manual: The display is scrolled when a disc is loaded or when a track is changed.
Auto Dimmer: This unit is equipped with an illumination lead (orange); when the unit's dimmer mode is set to Auto and the illumination lead is connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit, the display and button illumination will dim to a fixed, preset level whenever the headlights are turned on. If preferred, you may choose the Manual dimmer mode setting, so the display and button illumination is dim at all times.
Demo Mode: This unit has a demonstration feature for its display which can be turned On or Off in the menu.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Optional Wireless Remote: The Alpine CDE-SXM145BT is wireless remote control ready. Simply add on the Alpine RUE-4202 IR remote (500RUE4202, sold separately) to make it even easier to control the head unit's functions.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Zak Billmeier
The CDE-SXM145BT CD receiver gives you the great sound you expect from Alpine, plus SiriusXM satellite radio's great variety of music, sports, news, and entertainment.
Why did you buy this?
This Alpine is going in a 1932 Ford 3 window coupe Thank You Alpine for being the Best of the Best , I have put Alpine in all my Classic cars And this 32 Ford is my Last Car. Just Love It 5 Stars AAAAA+++++ [ larry Jun 21, 2017 ]
Great value! Sat radio, Bluetooth, iphone control...all good. [ Scott Apr 25, 2017 ]
It's got the features I want. It's got an aux input (I like to listen to old cassettes sometimes, playing on an old Walkman in the car. ) It's got a pre-amp output so it's expandable. It's I-phone friendly and the satellite hook up is good too-might cash in on the rebate. [ Joe Apr 08, 2016 ]
Alpine is a good product. Have had their radios in the past. Very nice! [ J Apr 02, 2016 ]
3rd Alpine since 2006 in various cars, they never disappoint, rock solid CD Play back, Awesome Bluetooth performance and a great sound stage that can be tailored to almost any vehicle to make music sound great. [ Gregory Mar 21, 2016 ]
Had same unit in car I sold. Installing in new\used car. [ Keith Feb 27, 2016 ]
BEST ON THE MARKET. [ TAYLOR Jan 21, 2016 ]
Bought this head unit for my 2006 Jeep Rubicon with the 7 speaker factory set-up (includes a small console mounted sub). I replaced the factory head unit when the volume knob quit working properly. I chose this Alpine as step one of an overall system replacement, but once I got it installed it made such a huge difference in my sound - treble, bass, everything - it is going to be a while before I replace the factory speakers. Sorry Crutchfield - but I still have three other trucks to outfit. [ Danen Jan 01, 2016 ]
Bluetooth and hands free calling and I have always had good luck with alpine [ adam Dec 29, 2015 ]
All Features and included Sirius XM Tuner [ Paul Dec 28, 2015 ]
I am very pleased with one in another of my vehicles. [ STEVEN H Dec 20, 2015 ]
20 questions already asked
I think I have the manual. I'll look this afternoon. I'm replacing the unit soon. XM never worked for more than a few minutes, a major bummer as I set out for my drive from Calif to Indiana and back. [ RICHARD Sep 09, 2016 ]
I Believe Sirus and XM are now one company so your sirus subscription should work and the channels won't change. Hope this helps [ CHAD Dec 27, 2015 ]
All new receivers sold are XM, the music channels are the same as Sirius. You can swap a new receiver for an existing one, the NFL package will cost extra because it is Sirius only. Might be the reason they changed, get more money from you. [ Samuel Dec 27, 2015 ]
Hold down the "audio" button for 2 seconds. Select general mode. Enter. Select CLOCK ADJ mode. Enter. Adjust the hours using the nob. And press enter. Then adjust the minutes. Save it by pressing the "audio" button for 2 seconds. [ TERENCE A Nov 24, 2015 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: The $70 rebate is for the satellite radio tuner itself and you can also get three free months of service when you commit to at least six months of SiriusXM All Access programming for your car, computer, and smartphone. This has to be a new account of a new tuner on an existing account. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Sep 07, 2015 ] Staff
I love this radio. Has all the accessories you could want. It does scroll the artist or the song, but not both at the same time. You have to select which one you want to display. The screen is not big enough for both to scroll. [ GARY S Aug 11, 2015 ]
There are a few different things it will do. You can set it up to scroll the words across the screen or to just automatically change from one to the next. You can also set it up to defaultly show the song title, artist,album, elapsed time of the song and to display the clock. I give the radio a solid 9 out of 10. Hope it helps. [ Lee Aug 11, 2015 ]
Yes [ VICTOR Aug 11, 2015 ]
Simple answer, yes. Very pleased with this unit. Very pleased with the Bluetooth/hands free calling quality. [ Wesley Aug 11, 2015 ]
Yes. Works well. [ Dean Jun 30, 2015 ]
We only have iPhones so I am not sure. We do like the unit. No issues with installation or operation. [ TERENCE A Jun 30, 2015 ]
Yes. We have a mix of phones and they all work well with this unit b [ Creighton Jun 30, 2015 ]
Yes. It works well with my Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge, which is Android for calls and streaming music. I stream MILK (Samsung) and Google Play Music to it. Works great. Very complete unit. [ GARY S Jun 30, 2015 ]
Hello Frank, the mic plug is the top port to the left of the wire harness on the back of the receiver. [ KEITH R Jun 28, 2015 ]
If the model 145?is the same as the model 143 you will find (2) 3.5mm plug one above the other at the rear of the unit. The bottom most port is labeled "REM" do not use this port, rather use the port above it with no markings. Hope this helps you out. - Mike D [ MICHAEL A Jun 28, 2015 ]
Wish I could tell you but I had my system professionally installed. Not that much to have a pro do it. Sorry [ William Jun 28, 2015 ]
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss compatibility with your factory system. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and see if this will integrate. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Jeff Jun 11, 2015 ] Staff
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: I'm afraid there is not a better way to randomize the shuffle feature for that unit. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you there. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy May 26, 2015 ] Staff
Any burned discs ive played have worked. But normally i use AUX or Bluetooth [ CHRIS May 07, 2015 ]
I've never had a problem playing burned CDs. I usually save .wav files, but it does seem to me that .mp3s have worked in the past. [ MICHAEL May 07, 2015 ]
I think my daughter has, I personally have not. [ EDWARD May 07, 2015 ]
Yes it does it also works with 6plus [ CECIL Mar 30, 2015 ]
Although I don't have an "I-phone" I would bet it will work with any blue tooth phone [ EDWARD Mar 30, 2015 ]
I used my iPhone 5 with it for about a year and had no problem. But once switched to iPhone 6 im having audio and syncing issues [ CHRIS Mar 30, 2015 ]
Yes [ AARON Mar 30, 2015 ]
Does work with 5s and 6s [ Bob Apr 05, 2015 ]
Yes, If your iphone has bluetooth listed under the GENERAL app, (will be listeted above the CELLULAR DATA) Most iphone have bluetooth and it is awesome. [ Terence Mar 30, 2015 ]
I honestly don't remember it was for a customers car Sorry [ JOSEPH G Nov 14, 2014 ]
Yes it does [ DWAYNE Nov 13, 2014 ]
Yes there is. [ AARON Nov 13, 2014 ]
Yes.....You can cycle through several display setting. Clock is one of them. [ GEOFFREY Nov 13, 2014 ]
Yes, there is a clock display available when the receiver is on. [ Greg Nov 13, 2014 ] Staff
Yes, it did come with a remote control. [ PAMELA R Sep 05, 2014 ]
Does not come with remote control, but don't let that stop you from purchasing. It is an awesome unit! [ CHRIS Sep 04, 2014 ]
it does not come with a remote , the remote is optional just put in you model # & remotes to find what your looking for [ DONALD W Sep 04, 2014 ]
No, it does not come with a remote. I have connected a thumb drive, but I cannot figure out how to get the names of the tracks to appear - all I get is the album and track number. I have had much better luck with the satellite radio and in hooking up my Android phone as a music player with both bluetooth and a hard connection. I have made phone calls with my Android phone using the bluetooth also. [ Eric Sep 04, 2014 ]
No remote but you can buy one .. Had this radio for months and love it !!!! [ VICTOR Sep 04, 2014 ]
When I first turned on unit, I had SXM service for about 7 days before it gave message to call SXM to subscribe [ DON E Aug 13, 2014 ]
No. Unfortunately, it does not. I do have a SiriusXM subscription for another vehicle and can confidently recommend the survice. It is excellent! [ Jeffrey Aug 12, 2014 ]
Mine did but don't remember how for how long. [ JAMES Aug 11, 2014 ]
It does, but I can't remember if it was 1 or 3 months. Overall, the receiver is great. [ RHETT N Aug 11, 2014 ]
Chris mine did not come with a trial that I am aware of. I however already had a subscription from a previous radio and just transferred it [ PAUL J Aug 11, 2014 ]
No [ ALAN D Aug 11, 2014 ]
Not when I bought it didn't. Some of the satellites sold separately do. [ JASON Aug 11, 2014 ]
No it does not. You have to call and set up an account with SiriusXM. [ AMBER Aug 11, 2014 ]
It did come with service for free but since I already had an account I did not use it. I don't know the length of the free service since I never used it. I bought this unit as an upgrade. [ CYNTHIA Aug 11, 2014 ]
Honestly, I bought this for my boat. I haven't installed it yet. I think it is the standard Alpine blue. You can't go wrong with Alpine. [ MARC Aug 10, 2014 ]
That's all I have seen and used. [ KRIS Aug 10, 2014 ]
Yes, blue is the only color. [ DIEGO Aug 10, 2014 ]
To the best of my knowledge there is no way to change the display color on this unit. The display is pretty basic. [ FRANK Aug 10, 2014 ]
Hi Jud - I've had the CDE SXM145BT for over a year now. I've never experienced any problem reading the display during the daytime. I guess if the sunlight was shining right on it there might be a problem. But that would rarely happen. [ ROBERT Aug 10, 2014 ]
I had no issues with display. It was plenty bright for me [ MATT Aug 08, 2014 ]
I own a Jeep, and even with the top down on a sunny day I've never had a problem seeing the display. [ WILLIAM Aug 08, 2014 ]
no problem seeing the display..nice radio [ EDWARD Aug 08, 2014 ]
I have had this radio for about a 2 years. No problems seeing it in the daytime. [ AARON Aug 08, 2014 ]
The ability to retain steering wheel controls with aftermarket receivers will be determined by the receiver you are using and the vehicle you have. For full information on this type of integration (including the parts you will need) please contact an Advisor by phone or online chat. [ Jeff Jan 07, 2014 ] Staff
The MRV-F300 will be a good fit with the receiver. However, I would recommending consulting with an Advisor by phone or online chat to make sure the amplifier will be a good fit for your speakers. [ Jeff Jan 03, 2014 ] Staff
For information on the compatibility with your factory system please contact an Advisor by phone or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle in our system and give you any details we have on integration. [ Jeff Dec 13, 2013 ] Staff