Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
6.5" Wide Screen Video Monitor
Our take on the Alpine TME-M760
Add this Alpine 6.5" wide screen monitor to your mobile multimedia setup for bright, sharp video. The TME-M760 has a very wide viewing angle for maximum picture enjoyment, and switchable aspect ratios to allow for the various screen formats available today.
There's plenty of connectivity, with three audio/video inputs so you can hook in a camcorder and video game system as well as your main in-vehicle entertainment. You even get independent picture and volume control for each set of A/V inputs onscreen programming makes it a snap to set up.
And what comes in can go out. There's an audio/video output for daisy-chaining two monitors, and you can choose which of the 3 A/V sources to send to the second monitor two passengers can entertain themselves separately.
Backing up your large vehicle is safer when you use a rear-view video camera. You can switch the TME-M760's display to a reverse image when you plug a camera into A/V input #3, so left will be left and right will be right. For your added convenience, you can also set the monitor to switch on automatically when you put your vehicle into reverse!
Front-panel controls let you turn up the volume on the built-in speaker or plug in a set of headphones for private listening. Alpine even included a headrest flush-mount kit for convenience.
- 6.5" wide screen (16:9 display) monitor
- onscreen programming
- very wide (120°) viewing angle
- 4 viewing modes
- auto dimmer
- built-in speaker and amp
- 3 audio/video inputs with independent volume and picture control
- navigation input
- reverse image capability for rear-view video camera (A/V input #3 only)
- headphone jack
- audio/video output with selectable sources
- headrest flush-mount kit included
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- 6.5" Mobile Video Monitor
- AV Interface unit with attached 6.5' cable
- Flush-mount headrest bracket
- Plastic trim bezel for headrest bracket
- Face plate
- 6.5' Power wiring harness
- 2 Brake wire connectors
- 2"x2" Piece of Velcro
- Hex screw
- Flat washer
- Lock washer
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty card
- Customer Care registration card
16:9 High Density Wide Screen Display: The TME-M760 16:9 Widescreen video monitor features a 6.5" wide (diagonally measured) LCD screen. It has 280,800 high-resolution pixels (1200 horizontal x 234 vertical) to give you excellent detail. The ultra-bright back lighting system assures you the picture won't wash out during daylight viewing.
120-Degree Wide Viewing Angle: The LCD screen offers a clear viewing angle of 120 degrees, and the low reflective panel gets rid of annoying glare from windows or lights.
Display Modes: You can select any of the four display modes to fit the aspect ratio of the selected video source:
- Normal: Images are displayed in a 4:3 aspect ratio with black bars on the left and right edges (Pillar box)
- Wide: Normal images are expanded uniformly in the horizontal direction and displayed over the entire screen.
- Zoom: Normal images are enlarged until they fill the screen. Some portion of the top and bottom of the image is cut off.
- Cinema: Widescreen (16:9) images fit perfectly, while normal images contain black bars at the top and bottom (Letter box).
Auto Dimmer: The TME-M760 monitor has an illumination sensor on the front panel which detects the amount of light inside the vehicle and automatically adjusts the brightness of the screen. By using the built-in menu, you can set limits on the high level and low level of brightness of the screen in the automatic mode.
Audio/Video Inputs: The monitor has 3 auxiliary A/V inputs (each with stereo audio and composite video) and a dedicated input for a compatible Alpine Navigation System. Each input features independent picture and volume settings that can be stored in memory. Note: Auxiliary input 3 can be connected to an optional rear-view camera which can automatically turn on when the vehicle is put in reverse gear.
Selectable Auxiliary Output: This unit's menu system allows you to select which source (including navigation) is output through the auxiliary outs. You can connect a separate monitor or video recorder to the auxiliary output.
NTSC/PAL Compatible: You can switch the monitor to display NTSC or PAL to match the video system from each source.
Built-in Speaker/Amplifier: The monitor has a built-in speaker (approximately 1.25" diameter) on the monitor's rear panel and an internal amplifier. You can turn on/off the speaker through the menu. There is also an option to listen through headphones (plugged into the A/V Interface unit).
Mounting Options: The TME-M760 video monitor comes with a flush-mount headrest bracket and trim bezel. You can also use the supplied L-bracket to assist you with any other custom mounting options you may have.
IR Remote Sensor: On the front of the monitor, there is an infrared remote sensor. When connected to an Alpine video source with a remote control input lead, this monitor system can relay remote commands from the sensor to the video source.
Front Panel Controls:
- Power: On/Off switch with LED power indicator
- Volume: Raises and lowers volume of built-in speaker or headphones
- Source: Choose between Aux 1, Aux 2, Aux 3 or Navigation
- Display Mode: Choose between Normal, Wide, Zoom or Cinema
- Adjustments: Cycle through the following adjustments: Brightness, Color, Tint, Dimmer, Auto Hi-Level, Auto Lo-Level, Aux Out, Sound Out, and Volume Offset
A/V Interface Unit Connections: In addition to the attached 6.5' Display Output cable, the connections on the A/V Interface Unit include:
- 3 A/V Inputs: Left and right audio plus composite video inputs for Aux 1, Aux 2 and Aux 3
- Navigation Input: Proprietary 13-pin input for Alpine Navigation System
- A/V Output: Left and right audio plus composite video output (selectable source through menu)
- Headphone Output: Female stereo mini-jack headphone output
- Power Supply: 8-pin Molex connector for supplied Power/Ground harness (harness includes power with in-line 7.5A fuse, ground, remote out--Aux 1, remote out--Aux 2, remote out/back cont in--Aux 3, foot brake and hand brake)
Monitor: Width= 6.962", Height= 3.93", Depth= 1.282"
Monitor In Bracket: Width= 7.833", Height= 4.75", Depth= 1.563"
Cutout Required (for Flush Mount): Width= 7.611", Height= 4.441", Depth=1.442"
A/V Interface Unit: Width= 7.718", Height= 1.124", Depth= 7.183" (including cables)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.