Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Digital media receiver
Our take on the Alpine UTE-42BT by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
No CD, no problem
Alpine's UTE-42BT digital media receiver eliminates the CD slot, but it gives you plenty of other features you can really use. First, the receiver's built-in Bluetooth® capabilities help you drive more safely. You won't have to fumble for a phone in your pocket or purse when a call comes in — just press one button and start talking. You'll see your caller's phone number on the screen, so you'll know who's on the other end.
Mount the included microphone and adjust the mic's gain to best match your speaking voice for the best call quality. You can also tweak the phone output and ring volume, so you won't go diving for the volume knob every time someone calls. This Alpine also supports Bluetooth audio streaming, so you can listen to content on a compatible smartphone without a tangle of wires.
The UTE-42BT doesn't play CDs, but offers plenty of other compelling features
Plug in and control your iPod® or iPhone®
Next, if you've got lots of tunes on your iPod or iPhone, you can plug into the handy front-panel USB input and use the Alpine's user-friendly controls to navigate your music library. As an added bonus, Alpine's App Mode offers limited control of other popular music apps, and it'll display song and artist info on your screen. You can adjust your sound to taste with one of the equalizer presets or by using the 3-band parametric EQ.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Alpine stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Alpine, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
product and purchasing, quality ... and most like me to help you install the equipment yourself.
What's in the Box:
- Digital media receiver (10A ATC fuse inserted in chassis)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Face (attached)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone w/ attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector
- Sun-visor bracket
- Two-sided tape
- 4 Flat-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Face-fixing screws
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Reference Guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- Online Product Registration
- Computer Requirements booklet
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- App Mode for metadata display and basic control of select music apps
- detachable face
- 3-band parametric equalizer with 10 preset EQ curves
- high- and low-pass filters
- inputs: front USB and auxiliary inputs
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
Alpine UTE-42BT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power Output||18 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Red/Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Bluetooth Technology: The Alpine UTE-42BT features built-in Bluetooth (ver. 3.0) technology. The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine UTE-42BT.
Pairing: The Alpine UTE-42BT can be paired to up to five Bluetooth enabled mobile devices (only one device can be used at a time)
Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone (including iPhone & Android). The controls of the KDC-BT555U can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone, so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers.
- Receiving Calls: The Alpine UTE-42BT provides a couple ways
to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone. Incoming calls
are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will
be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's display.
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" button on your Alpine head unit.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
- Placing Calls: The Alpine UTE-42BT provides a variety of
functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The Alpine
UTE-42BT features full phone book access, call history, voice tag dialing, and
redial with compatible phones.
- Voice Dialing: If you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact by simply speaking the name of your contact.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Up to 1,000 entries (3 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can select the first 3 call letters (ABC) to search for a desired name in your phonebook.
- Preset Dialing: You can assign phone numbers that you dial frequently to presets (1-6) for quick recall. You can assign up to six frequently called phone numbers. A total of 18 phone numbers can be stored in the preset memory (6 numbers for each mobile phone paired).
- Call History: The previously dialed, received, or missed numbers (20 each) can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
Note: During a conversation, you can initiate a transfer of audio between your mobile phone and your car's speakers. mute the
External Microphone with Noise Cancellation: The included external microphone (with visor-clip) allows you to speak to the other party on the telephone call hands-free, while the other party's voice is played through your car stereo speakers. The external microphone is tuned and engineered to reduce noise interference and feedback. This allows optimal placement in your car, for the best possible sound quality. You can adjust the microphone's volume level; and even mute the microphone, so your voice will not be heard by the caller. The external microphone measures 0.5625" (diameter) x 1.625" (deep); and features an attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Metadata Display): The Alpine UTE-42BT also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone (including iPhone & Android). The UTE-42BT will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. The UTE-42BT also supports audio streaming of music apps downloaded on your smartphone with metadata display and limited control. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or 5/5C/5S via Bluetooth (not USB), the Alpine UTE-42BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press-and-hold down on the head unit's Answer Button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the UTE-42BT and its microphone. The head unit's display will only indicate hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Alpine UTE-42BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone 4S/5/5C/5S. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Bluetooth Sound Quality Adjustments: You can customize the sound of your Bluetooth hands-free experience to fit your own preferences. You can adjust the UTE-42BT's mic gain, phone output, & ring tone volume. If that's not enough, there are 5 sound quality settings to choose from to get the balance just right for you. This flexibility will make your phone calls a pleasurable experience.
- Volume Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of phone call, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference. The Phone Talk Level, Ring Tone, & Mic Gain are all adjustable between -5 to + 5 dB.
- Sound Types: This unit provides 5 methods to improve the sound quality of your calls. You can choose the type according to your own preference - Type 1 (standard mode), Type 2 (enhances noise reduction), Type 3 (enhances echo-cancellation), Type 4 (enhances both noise reduction & echo cancellation), & Type 5 (weakens both noise reduction & echo-cancellation).
Speaker Output: You can select which car speaker outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device.
- All: The audio will be output from all of the speakers in the car
- F-L: The sound is only output from the front left speaker.
- F-R: The sound is only output from the front right speaker.
- F-LR: The sound is output from the front left and front right speakers.
iPod/iPhone USB 1-Wire Connection: You can connect your iPod or iPhone to the head unit's front-panel USB port using the Alpine KCU-445i iPod/iPhone cable (500KCU445I, sold separately) or the iPod/USB cable that came with your iPod/iPhone to get access to all of your iPod/iPhone's stored music, right from the head unit. If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. Using either cable allows audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhone models from the UTE-42BT.
- Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The Alpine UTE-42BT supports audio playback of music, podcast, and audiobook files stored on your iPod or iPhone; as well as music apps downloaded on your Apple device. The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's large music libraries to be loaded instantly to the Alpine head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB.
- Music Navigation: You can choose to control the
iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or
touchscreen (App Direct Mode).
- Head Unit: The Alpine UTE-42BT lets you navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast, Composer, Audiobook, or Genius Mix. You can then search these categories alphabetically. For especially big music libraries, the Percentage Search function uses the preset buttons for quick jumps to specific parts of the list (Preset 1: 0-6%, Preset 2: 17-32%, Preset 3: 33-49%, Preset 4: 50%-66%, Preset 5: 67-82%, Preset 6: 83-100% of the song library). The head unit also offers three Shuffle playback modes (Album/Song/All) and one Repeat mode (song).
- App Direct Mode: In App Direct Mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen. You can also listen to your favorite music apps (such as Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker) from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Alpine head unit. Basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track are available from the head unit. You will continue to use your iPhone's touchscreen to navigate advanced functions of your music apps. Not all apps will be compatible with this mode. Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
- Information Display: The UTE-42BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information when you are controlling your iPod/iPhone from the Alpine head unit or the Apple devices clickwheel/touchscreen. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label. The unit will also display station identification and song/artist information from select music apps.
- iPod/iPhone Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it. This unit does not charge the iPad.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Alpine UTE-42BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 2/5/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Bluetooth||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App||Phone||Audio||Siri||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Alpine UTE-42BT features a front-panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-out cover. The USB port enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. The USB port supports audio playback and control of MP3/WMA audio files stored on these portable USB mass-storage class devices. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital media receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On. You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
MP3/WMA Playback: The Alpine UTE-42BT supports the following types of MP3/WMA files recorded onto loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|File System||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05,
24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||255 folders/255 files per folder|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tags|
Text/File/Folder Search: When you are playing a USB device ID3 or WMA tags, you can easily search for a track, file, or folder by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the rotary encoder to quickly scan through the titles to locate the desired track. For USB devices without ID3 or WMA tags, searches are made using the track numbers associated with each song.
Playback Modes: The Alpine UTE-42BT offers Repeat and Random playback modes.
- Repeat: Repeat Play (repeats playback of current track/file), Folder Repeat (repeats only files in current folder).
- Random: Random Play (all tracks/files are played in random order), Folder Random (only files in current folder are played back in random order).
Auxiliary Input: The unit is equipped with front-panel minijack (3.5mm) auxiliary input. You can input audio from an auxiliary source unit: such as a portable MP3 player. You can change the name on the display to match the type of device connected to the front panel input; Auxiliary, TV, DVD, Portable, or Game.
AM/FM Tuner: The Alpine UTE-42BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning.
Preset Tuning: The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically.
Local/Distance Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. Distance seek tuning allows both strong and weak stations to be tuned.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
4ch/2V Preamp Outputs: The Alpine UTE-42BT features two pair of 2.0-volt preamp outputs. The unit's rear preamp outputs can be configured as fading rear-channel outputs or a non-fading subwoofer outputs with a low-pass filter, phase adjustment, and output level control.
Note: When an external amplifier is connected sound quality can be improved by stopping the power supply of the built-in amplifier.
Head Unit Power Pack (optional): Add the KTP-445 (500KTP445, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445 is compact enough to install behind the Alpine digital media receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
Subwoofer Control: When the non-fading subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can adjust the subwoofer's volume, low-pass filter, & phase.
- Volume: There are two volume (system) modes for the
unit's subwoofer output.
- System 1: Subwoofer level changes according to the main volume setting.
- System 2: Subwoofer level change is different from the main volume setting (0-15); even at low volume settings, the subwoofer is still audible.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or Off (through).
- Subwoofer Phase: The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
High Pass Filter: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front-channel preamp output (when activated). You can set the unit's high-pass filter to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or Off (through).
Preset EQ: You can select from 11 different EQ presets to get the best sound from all your sources. You can choose from Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electric Dance, Hip-Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical, or User.
3-Band Parametric Equalizer: The User Preset activates the head unit's 3-Band Parametric Equalizer for a better sound response curve. Bass, Mid, & Treble can be adjusted in the 3-Band Parametric mode.
|Bass||60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 120Hz||Wide 0.5, Medium 1.0, Medium 1.5, or Narrow. 2.0||-7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)|
|Midrange||500Hz, 1.0kHz, 1.5kHz, or 2.5kHz||Wide 0.75, Medium 1.0, Medium 1.25, or Narrow 1.5||-7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)|
|Treble||7.5kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz, or 15kHz||Wide 0.75 or Narrow 1.25||-7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)|
Note: The units stores independent EQ settings for each source (Tuner, Aux, USB, iPod, and Bluetooth).
Loudness: Loudness introduces a special low and high frequency emphasis at low listening levels to compensate for the ear's decreased sensitivity to bass and treble sound at low volume.
Media Xpander: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Expander makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. The FM radio, USB, iPod/iPhone, Bluetooth, and Aux-input will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
Source Volume Level: The output level of each source is individually adjustable from -14 to + 14 dB.
Detachable Face: The unit's front-panel is detachable to deter theft (no face case included). An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
1-Line LCD Display: This unit is equipped with a 1-Line white-backlit LCD, so you can easily view AM/FM stations and ID-3/WMA tag information.
Text Display: The digital media receiver will display the folder name, the file name, and the tag information, while playing a USB device loaded with MP3/WMA music files.
Text Scroll: This unit can scroll the text information of MP3/WMA files, folder names, and tags. There are two Text Scroll settings.
- Auto: The information of folder and file names, and the tags are scrolled automatically.
- Manual: The display is scrolled when a when a track is changed.
Auto Dimmer: This unit is equipped with an illumination lead (orange); when the unit's dimmer mode is set to Auto and the illumination lead is connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit, the display and button illumination will dim to a fixed, preset level whenever the headlights are turned on. If preferred, you may choose the Manual dimmer mode setting, so the display and button illumination is dim at all times.
Demo Mode: This unit has a demonstration feature for its display which can be turned On or Off in the menu.
Angle Mounting: For proper playback, Alpine recommends mounting the UTE-42BT no more that 35° above horizontal.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Optional Wireless Remote: The Alpine UTE-42BT is wireless remote control ready. Simply add on the Alpine RUE-4202 IR remote (500RUE4202, sold separately) to make it even easier to control the head unit's functions.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
15 questions already asked
1 answer I am playing my audio from a USB drive, and have my folders listed alphabetically. But the head unit is not playing them in that order. Can't figure out what exactly the order is. Anyone know how this unit actually reads folder structures? Just wanting to have things in a certain order, so I know where they are. [ Chadmeeh Feb 21, 2014 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Jeff Feb 24, 2014 ] Staff
the best way is through bluetooth. [ DEON Feb 25, 2014 ]
I have never used the USB port...so I'm not sure of the files that it will play... I use the blue tooth with my iphone daily with no problems playing any music or podcast on it [ ANTONIO Feb 18, 2014 ]
Not sure about media files, I just use it for my iPod, and sirius radio hook up. I'll check other options and let you know. Wayne [ WAYNE Feb 17, 2014 ]
This needs to be answered by Crutchfield or Alpine. [ CHUCK Feb 17, 2014 ]
Yes... I have the same phone... It works like a charm. [ FRANCOIS Jan 19, 2014 ]
Yes... I have the same phone... It works like a charm. [ FRANCOIS Jan 19, 2014 ]
I only ran the unit with a USB drive. As for windows 8, I have an iPhone 5 and cannot answer that question for you sorry. [ ERIC A Jan 19, 2014 ]
1 answer What are the physical dimensions of the Alpine UTE-42BT unit? I'm considering it for my 1969 Camaro SS and need to know if it will fit into the glove box (to keep interior stock look) or if it will need to go into the dash (a real challenge with classic cars!). Thanks in advance. [ 69 Camaro Jan 16, 2014 ]
The width of the nose (at it's widest mounting option) is 7.405" and 7.165" for the body. The depth is 6.725" (7.195" with RCAs). The height is 2.095" (2.285" at the nose). For details on installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Jeff Jan 17, 2014 ] Staff
This will depend largely on your vehicle, and the equipment you are looking at. This particular receiver does not offer European tuning. For details on installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Jeff Jan 16, 2014 ] Staff
Sorry cannot provide useful response as we only have the iPhone and do not use either Pandora or Spotify. For our purpose, the radio with Bluetooth works great with the iPhone. [ FRED P Jan 18, 2014 ]
Yes, Pandora works very well...I use it a lot on my 27 mile drive to work. Not shure about Spotify. I have a ZTE warp that is about 2 yrs old. Love my Alpine ...great sound!!! & lots of adustments for the sound and the hands free calling. [ CONDIT Jan 16, 2014 ]
If you phone can Bluetooth Pandora to any other item, ie a wireless speaker, then it will work with the head unit too. I use this with my current Iphone 5s streaming Pandora. Works great. It is a very easy to sync head unit. [ MY BEAUTIFUL Jan 15, 2014 ]
Yes, basically any music that can play wirelessly through your phone will work. Spotify should even work. As long as you have a fairly new android model that allows bluetooth music capabilities. [ PEGGY Jan 15, 2014 ]
Pandora does work,but sometimes has connectivity issues i would rate it 6 out of 10 ,ive never tried spotify [ NATHAN Jan 15, 2014 ]
1 answer Bluetooth: how many phones can be connected at a time? The manual says, up to five devices can be registered, and only one can be used. What happens if 2 phones show up within the BT connection range (i.e. two people get in the car)? JVC KD-X250BT can remember 5 devices, 2 can be connected simultaneously, but only one of them can be used at any time for phone calls. [ C. Major Dec 31, 2013 ]
This head unit can only connect 3 phones at a time via blue tooth if there are 3 already connected and you try to connect another you have to go into the system and delete a phonr [ BRITNIE R Dec 31, 2013 ]
there is no time displayed on front display panel. [ VINCENT Jan 06, 2014 ]
Yes it will display the time on the face [ WILLIAM Dec 27, 2013 ]
Yes, there is a clock. [ JOHN Dec 27, 2013 ]
Yes but no CD player [ CHARLES H Dec 27, 2013 ]
Yes it does. Enjoy. Nice sound also [ JOSE Dec 26, 2013 ]
Yes [ SESAR Dec 26, 2013 ]
1.888.955.6000 would be the number to call. That should get you directly with the Advisor group. [ Jeff Dec 14, 2013 ] Staff
Thanks for your question Jerry. Installing an aftermarket receiver in your Ridgeline would require some custom modification work. I'd recommend reaching out to an Advisor for the full details and to discuss compatibility with your factory gear. [ Jeff Dec 13, 2013 ] Staff
You will loose the use of the factory CD player when installing an aftermarket receiver. [ Jeff Dec 09, 2013 ] Staff
1 answer Sorry got a question. Recently got one of these, but I have trouble getting the hands free audio to work. I can hear the caller through the speaker but they couldn't hear my voice. Using S3, I've checked through all settings on my phone, no issue. Does the external mic plugged into Aux in? Any idea? [ Harry Dec 07, 2013 ]
The Aux Input would be for connecting an external audio source (like an MP3 player). If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Jeff Dec 07, 2013 ] Staff
If you purchased the unit from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can help walk you through the settings on this unit and see if there may be a fix. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer or post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com [ Jeff Nov 24, 2013 ] Staff
Thanks for your question Greg. The factory radio plug will not fit directly into this unit. However, we do have harnesses for most vehicles that will allow you to plug into the factory wiring. Feel free to reach out to an Advisor by phone or chat for more details on the install for your vehicle. [ Jeff Nov 22, 2013 ] Staff
Yes, I conect my iPone 4 via Bluetooth and play Pandora & I hart radio. [ TED Nov 23, 2013 ]
Yes, with my iPhone 4s it does over Bluetooth or USB. I have had problem with iHeart radio though. I think that is App programing though and not the stereo. It always cuts out after the first song. But the Bluetooth works great and Pandora sound perfect on the receiver. [ BARTON Nov 23, 2013 ]
Yes [ SESAR Nov 22, 2013 ]
Yes, I listen to Pandora daily. [ AUSTIN Nov 22, 2013 ]
Yes. If you pair it via Bluetooth or plug in via Aux it will play just about any audio on your device through the car speakers. Great unit too! The Bluetooth is solid and the hands free talk is exceptional. [ JOHN Nov 22, 2013 ]
Pandora from phone app to radio via blue tooth works great!! [ SHAUN Nov 22, 2013 ]