Xantrex XPower Pocket Powerpack 100
DC to AC power inverter with rechargeable battery pack
Item # 539XPPP100 | MFR # 852-0081
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Xantrex XPower Pocket Powerpack 100 by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
You've seen them, maybe you've even been one of them today's road warriors, searching through airports, hotel lobbies, and coffee shops for a place to plug in and recharge their portable electronic devices. Xantrex offers a better idea take your power with you.
The XPower Pocket Powerpack combines a versatile inverter and a long-lasting rechargeable battery into a compact package that's easy to carry. No longer will you have to carry an assortment of inverters and spare batteries with you the Portable Powerpack lets you power up or charge your cell phone, digital camera, or MP3 player wherever you are, whenever you want.
The NiMH battery pack holds a surprisingly large charge it'll power a laptop computer for up to 2-1/2 hours. Connect the Portable Powerpack to a 12-volt car or airline power jack and the battery charges while you're using the inverter. Or, when you've got some down time, recharge the battery using the included AC charger. If you don't want to carry the battery pack, slide it off and use the inverter on its own.
In addition to a 3-pronged AC outlet, there's a handy USB power port perfect for charging up your iPod or Blackberry. The Pocket Powerpack gives you access to the power you need to keep yourself on track when you hit the road.
- portable power inverter with detachable NiMH battery pack
- battery pack can be recharged with included AC charger or 12-volt DC connection
- connects to car cigarette lighter or DC power outlet
- integrated airline connector allows connection to DC power ports available on many flights
- USB power port and 3-prong 120V AC outlet
- 80-watt continuous power output (160-watt surge rating)
- LED power light
- over-temperature, low-battery, and overload protection circuits
- 10A external fuse
- dimensions (battery pack and inverter): 6-5/8"W x 2-1/8"H x 4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Inverter Module
- Powerpack module
- AC adapter with attached 6' cord
- DC input adapter with a 22.5" cord
- Carrying case
- Owner's Guide
- "Important!" note
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The XPower Pocket Inverter 100 utilizes advanced electronics to convert the 12 volt DC battery power from a vehicle or airplane into 115 volt household AC electricity, so if your laptop battery runs down, you can just plug straight into the AC outlet on the inverter and keep working. In addition to the AC power outlet, this inverter includes a USB charge port which can power or charge iPod, Blackberry, iPaq, Palm and a wide range of other portable electronic devices. The slim-line inverter only weighs 0.5lbs, making the inverter easy to fit inside your carry-on or laptop bag. The XPower Pocket Inverter 100 consists of two main components - an inverter module and a power-pack module.
Inverter Module: The inverter module when connected to the 12 V DC outlet in your vehicle or on an airplane can efficiently and reliably power a wide variety of loads through both AC outlet and USB port. Through the 3-prong AC outlet, the Powerpack 100 is capable of powering most 120 V AC products that use 100 watts (0.8 A) or less.
Power-Pack Module: The power-pack module can provide power to the inverter when 12 V DC power is not available. The power-pack has a nickel metal hydride (NiMH) battery you can recharge using household electricity or 12 V DC power from a vehicle DC outlet.
DC Input Cable: The Powerpack 100 comes supplied with a DC input adapter cable that allows you plug the inverter into either your vehicle's or an airplane's 12 V outlet to supply power to the inverter to your electronic device. The cigarette lighter adapter plug detaches to access the airplane power plug.
USB Port: The Inverter Module features a USB port that you can use to power or charge most consumer electronics devices such as the iPod that have USB power capabilities.
3-Prong Plug: The Inverter Module features a single 3-prong AC outlet to handle most chargers and adapters for various mobile electronic devices.
Carrying Case: The XPower Powerpack 100 comes supplied with a carrying case that will house the Inverter Module and Powerpack Module as well as the accessories. The bag features a zipper opening, hand strap and padded interior.
Safety Features: The following safety features are built into the XPower Pocket Powerpack 100.
- Electronic overload protection
- User-replaceable 10 A fuse
- Low battery voltage shutdown
- High-input voltage protection
- Over-temperature protection
- Output short circuit protection
LED Indicators: The Inverter Module and Power-Pack Module each contain an LED lamp that indicates the following operation status.
- Inverter Module LED:
- LED Illuminates Blue: when the Inverter Module is powered on
- LED Illuminates Red: when the inverter senses that the voltage at its DC input has dropped to 10.5 V or an AC device greater than 100 watts is plugged into the inverter
- Power-Pack Module LED:
- LED Illuminates Blue: when the Power-Pack Module is powered on
- LED Flashes Blue: when the Power-Pack Module is charging
- LED Illuminates Red: when the Power-Pack Module battery has discharged below 10%
Operating Times: The XPower Powerpack 100 provides the following operating times.
- Vehicle Battery: Operating time will vary depending on the charge level of the vehicle battery, its capacity and the power level drawn by the particular AC load, USB load or combination of both. With a typical vehicle battery and a 80 W load, and operating time of 4 to 5 hours or more can be expected.
- PowerPack Battery: The following are
a few examples of device's run time when the Inverter is used with the
- Laptop Computer (10W): 2.5 hours
- Portable Cooler (20W): 1 hours
- Video Game Console: (25W): 1 hour
- Output Voltage: 120 VAC/60Hz
- Continuous Output Power: 80 W
- Five Minute AC Output Power: 100 W
- AC Output Surge Capacity: 160 W
- DC Input Voltage Range: 10.5-15.5 volts DC
- No Load Current Draw: 0.25 amps
- Low Voltage Shutdown: 10.5 V
- Output Wave Form: modified sine wave
- USB Output Current (Max): 0.5 Amps
Inverter Module Dimensions:
- Width: 5.589"
- Depth: 3.148"
- Height: 0.947"
PowerPack Module Dimensions:
- Width: 6.609"
- Depth: 3.951"
- Height: 2.015"
Invert Module and PowerPack Combined Dimensions:
- Width: 6.609"
- Depth: 3.951"
- Height: 2.105
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.