Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
PAC RP5-GM32 Wiring Interface
Connect a new car stereo and retain OnStar®, factory amp, and steering wheel audio controls in select 2012-up GM models with navigation
Item # 541RP5GM32 | MFR # RP5-GM32
$139.99 Earn up to 140 Rewards points
Our take on the PAC RP5-GM32 Wiring Interface by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
Keep your factory features
PAC's RadioPRO5 RP5-GM32 wiring interface enables you to install a new car stereo and retain useful factory functions in your 2012-up GM truck or SUV with factory navigation. You can upgrade to the higher sound quality of an aftermarket receiver while maintaining your factory-installed OnStar®, factory amplifier, Bluetooth®, safety warning chimes, Retained Accessory Power (RAP), and rear seat controls. If you're installing a navigation receiver, this interface also features the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS), parking brake, and reverse connections you need.
Control your new radio
The RadioPRO5 interface retains your factory steering wheel audio controls with your new stereo. The interface comes pre-programmed with the factory control functions, or you can reassign the functions of your factory buttons, or even assign two functions to each of your factory buttons.
Installation note: This interface will not retain the fader controls on vehicles with the factory premium Bose® audio system.
Note: Most vehicles will require additional installation parts please identify your vehicle if you haven’t done so. You can also call an Advisor for more information.
What's in the Box:
- Radio replacement/SWC interface module (for GM LAN 29-bit databus)
- Chime module
- 44-Pin harness (OS-GMLAN44)
- Radio harness
- Steering wheel control harness (4-pin connector to 3.5mm/blue wire)
- Backup camera harness
- Antenna adapter
- works with amplified and non-amplified systems (including Bose audio systems)
- provides Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS), parking brake, and reverse connections for installing a navigation receiver
- retains factory Bluetooth if equipped
- retains factory OnStar if equipped
- retains factory steering wheel audio controls (allows dual function for each button)
- retains Rear Seat Controls
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Radio Replacement Interface: The PAC RP5-GM32 interface allows an aftermarket head unit replacement of the factory navigation radio in select General Motors vehicles with 29-bit GM-LAN databus system. Using this interface will retain factory features such as OnStar, Bluetooth, steering wheel controls (SWC), Warning Chimes, Rear Seat Controls (RSC) and the BOSE amplifier when the original radio is removed. The RP5-GM32 also provides data bus driven outputs such as retained accessory power (RAP), vehicle speed sensor (VSS), illumination, reverse trigger, and parking brake.
- Amplified & Non-Amplified Systems: The PAC RP5-GM32 is compatible with amplified and non-amplified factory audio systems. Its compatible with both Bose and Premium Bose audio systems. The unit does not support fading for Premium Bose systems.
- OnStar: This radio replacement interface is designed to retain the factory OnStar emergency services system and turn-by-turn voice prompts that would normally be lost when your factory radio is replaced by an aftermarket head unit.
- Factory Bluetooth: The interface lets you keep your vehicle's factory installed Bluetooth microphone and control.
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The ignition power source of many GM vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The RP5-GM32 will retain this feature.
- Warning Chimes: The PAC RP5-GM32 will retain your vehicle's factory warning chimes through the included external chime module.
- Navigation Outputs: The PAC radio replacement interface provides a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, Mute, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket Navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.
- Backup Camera Retention: The interface also retains your vehicle's factory back-up camera; the included camera harness plugs into the composite video camera input on the back of your aftermarket head unit. In addition, you get to keep your vehicle's factory back-up sensor/park assist functionality.
- RSE /RSC + Dual Zone: The PAC RP5-GM32 lets you retain the vehicle's factory rear seat controls (RSC) and rear seat entertainment (RSE) for Dual Zone capability with your aftermarket stereo. In order to retain rear seat entertainment (RSE), you will also need the PAC's GMRVD2 retention harness (sold separately).
- Steering Wheel Control (SWC): The PAC radio replacement interface also lets you keep your GM vehicle's OEM steering wheel controls (not additional adapter required). You even get to program two radio functions to each SWC button by using short press long press dual command functionality.
Note: This interface does not retain factory XM tuner. This is built into the factory radio and is removed when the radio is removed.
Vehicle Compatibility: The RadioPro4 (RP5-GM32) is compatible with select 2012-up GM vehicles fitted with a factory navigation radio, OnStar, and featuring the GM-LAN 29-bit databus system with 44-pin connector harness. Compatible vehicles as of 3/26/2014 include:
Radio Select Switch & Programmable SWC: The radio select rotary switch on the side of the interface must be adjusted to the proper radio setting before plugging the interface into the vehicle. The interface comes pre-programmed for all of the vehicle's factory SWC functions and does not require programming, unless you wish to re-assign the SWC functions to different buttons (up to two commands per button). The SWC functions can be easily programmed; see control settings and functions below. The interface retains programming even if your vehicle's battery is disconnected.
|Control Functions||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-|
|Preset +/-||Track +/-||Play||Search +/-||Track +/-||Track +/-||Preset +/-||Preset +/-||Preset +/-||Track +/-|
|Track +/-||Band/Disc +||Track +/-||Band||Cursor up/down||Play/OK||Track +/-||Track +/-||Track +/-||Disc +/-|
|Power||Preset/Disc -||Disc/FM +||Send||OK||Band||Band||Band||Band||OK|
|Play/Enter||Select||Disc/AM -||End||***||Cursor Up/Down||***||Phone Menu||***||***|
|Receive (phone)||Phone Receive/Reject||Voice Dial||***||***||***||***||End Call||***||***|
|End||Voice Dial||On/Off Hook||***||***||***||***||Voice Activation||***||***|
Note: The SWC harness contains a Blue/Yellow wire and a 3.5mm connector. You will only use one of the connectors, based on your type of aftermarket radio. The Blue/Yellow wire supports Kenwood, Newer JVC, OEM and Blaupunkt radios. The 3.5mm jack supports Alpine, Jensen, Older JVC, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, Valor, and Dual radios. Not compatible with Soundstream head units.
Wiring Connection Chart: The included wiring harness features the following hardwire connections.
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|Blue/White||Amp Turn On|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/Black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/Black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/Black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/Black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Red/White||Parking Brake Detection (-)|
|Green||Reverse Output (+)|
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.