Amplified in-wall keypad for Russound A-BUS systems
Our take on the Russound AK-4 by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Easily control your A-BUS system
Russound's AK-4 in-wall amplified keypad makes controlling A-BUS components simple. Its backlit buttons let you toggle the system on and off, select a source, and adjust the volume. It also has a built-in IR (infrared) sensor so you can use a compatible remote control from across the room.
- amplified keypad for use with Russound A-BUS systems
- backlit buttons let you control power, source selection, and volume adjustment
- built-in IR (infrared) sensor lets you use a compatible remote control from across the room
- line-level output (screw terminal type) for adding an external amplifier or powered subwoofer
- adjustable gain control lets you set the maximum allowable volume
- connects to system via CAT-5 cable
- installs in a standard single-gang electrical box with a Decora®-style wall plate (not included)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Amplified keypad
- Rubber gasket
- 2 Mounting screws
- Installation manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Amplified Keypad: The Russound A-K4 is an in-wall amplified keypad used with A-BUS hubs and controllers in a distributed audio system. It can be used with both single and multi-source A-BUS hubs/controllers. The A-K4 provides source selection and control with backlit push buttons, plus an IR window to receive remote control signals.
- Power: Turns zone On or Off when pressed once.
- Source Select: When the keypad is set in "Multisource"
mode, the power button is used to toggle through and select a source.
source 2, etc
- Gain: The two rotary trim potentiometers on the side of the
A-K4 provide adjustment of audio gain. These are used to
set the maximum allowable volume for the left and right speakers connected to the A-K4.
- Volume: The volume up/down buttons control the speakers in the room that are connected to the A-K4.
- Speaker Outputs: The Speaker Output connections provide speaker-level audio output for a pair of 8-ohm speakers. These screw-down terminals accept up to 16 gauge speaker wire.
- Line Outputs: The Line Out provides a variable line-level audio output connection for an external amplifier or powered subwoofer. These screw-down terminals accept up to 22 gauge/4 conductor speaker wire.
- RJ 45 Connector: The RJ-45 input provides a connection for the CAT-5 cable from an A-BUS hub/controller to receive an audio signal, pass-through IR and power over the CAT-5 cable. The recommended maximum length for standard CAT-5 cable is 150'.
IR Receiver: The IR receiver on the front-panel receives IR signals from a remote control. Source components attached to IR emitters in an A-BUS system can be controlled with their own remote controls aimed at the A-K4 keypad.
Status LED: The status LED is green on the keypad when the system is on (keypad can be on or off)
Installation Note: Typical installations place one A-K4 in each room of the A-BUS system.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
I cannot find the output wattage for this in any information we have or that is on Russound's web site. I recommend contacting them on 866-888-7466 to find out what to expect from it My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul Nov 07, 2017 ] Staff