Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
CD Receiver with CD Changer Controls
Our take on the Aiwa CDC-X517M
Aiwa steps into the ring with the CDC-X517M CD receiver! Four-way high power (24 watts RMS/50 peak x 4) adds some punch to your tunes, while H-Bass kicks up your low frequencies for a big sound. For maximum performance, add external amplifiers with the two sets of preamp outputs.
The CDC-X517 is jammed with cool features an easy-to-read multicolor display, the Smart Jog rotary control, detachable face, and a front-panel auxiliary input. "My Information" lets you program the radio to come on in time for your favorite radio shows!
The CDC-X517 is compatible with CD-R and CD-RW discs, and will control an Aiwa CD changer. Crutchfield's package discount saves you $$ if you buy the receiver and changer together. A wireless steering wheel remote is included.Details:
- detachable face
- multicolor display with volume meter
- "Smart Jog" rotary control
- "My Info" feature
- 18 FM/12 AM presets
- red or blue button illumination
- source level adjustment
- 2 sets of 2.2-volt preamp outputs
- front-panel auxiliary input
- CD-R/CD-RW compatibility
- wireless steering wheel remote
- CD changer controls
- 24 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 17-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 85 dB
- FM sensitivity 12.7 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver with a 15-amp fuse inserted into chassis
- Hard face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness with in-line 0.5-amp fuse
- RC-SW3 Steering wheel remote
- CR2025 Lithium battery
- 1 Allen wrench
- One M3x4 Allen screw
- 1 Rubber belt
- 1 Inner belt holder
- 1 Outer belt holder
- 2 Self-adhesive rubber cushions
- 2 Radio removal keys
- 1 Metal backstrap
- 4 Panhead screws (for "I" and "J" mounting)
- 1 Threaded rear support stud with 4 washers and 1 nut
- 1 Self-tapping screw
- 1 Face security screw
- Operating Instructions
- Steering Wheel Remote Control sheet
- Product Registration Card
- Installation and Connections sheet
- Note on installing face security screw
- Sheet with notes about CD-R/CD-RW discs
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||24|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||---|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||2.2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue or Red/Unit on|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||12.7 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Display/Button Illumination: The main display illumination is pale yellow. The lower segments of the level meter are displayed with green illumination and the upper segments are displayed with pale yellow illumination. The source indicators are displayed with green illumination. The mute, volume, bass, treble, balance, fade and H-Bass indicators are displayed with red illumination. The DISP, INFO, PS and LO buttons are backlit with red illumination. The preset buttons, eject button, Smart Jog knob and accents on the left end of the face have selectable illumination, allowing you to choose red or blue. When the Smart Jog knob is turned, the preset button, eject button, Smart Jog knob and face accent illumination flashes on and off.
Smart Jog Knob: This unit is equipped with a large rotary knob that provides a convenient way to make adjustments. Volume, bass, treble, balance, fader, H-Bass and clock adjustments are made using the Smart Jog knob. When the Smart Jog knob is turned, the preset button, eject button, Smart Jog knob and face accent illumination flashes on and off.
CD-R/CD-RW Playback: In addition to prerecorded CDs, this unit will play finalized audio CD-R and CD-RW discs.
Front Panel Auxiliary Input: A front panel stereo mini-jack is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable cassette, MD or MP3 player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system.
Source Level Adjuster: The relative level of each source (FM/AM/CD/AUX) may be adjusted, from -4 to +4, and the setting will be retained in memory. The level of each source can be set so there won't be drastic leaps in volume when changing from one source to another.
H-Bass: Instead of a loudness control, this unit is equipped with an H-Bass function. The H-Bass function can be turned on to obtain powerful bass, or it may be turned off for normal playback.
My Information Switch (timer feature): This feature allows you to timer-activate the radio to listen to a daily radio program. You may set a start time, a stop time and a radio frequency into memory for timer activated radio playback. To prevent battery wear, the timer will only turn the unit on when power is supplied to both power leads; when the unit is installed correctly, both power wires receive power only when the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position.
Security Indicator: A red indicator will blink on the unit after the faceplate is removed, warning potential thieves.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with Aiwa mobile CD changers.
- Track Search: forward and reverse track search
- Track Skip: forward and reverse track skip
- Disc Skip: forward and reverse disc skip
- Intro Play: plays the first 10 seconds of each track on all the discs in a changer
- Repeat Play: allows you to repeat the current track or the current disc
- Random Play: plays all the tracks on one CD in random order, then plays all the tracks on the next CD in random order, and so on
Steering Wheel Remote: This unit comes with a wireless, steering wheel remote. The remote has the following buttons:
- Function: Selects Radio, CD or Aux In mode.
- Volume +/-
- Disc/Preset up: In tuner mode, it selects the next preset station. In CD mode, it skips to the next track.
- Disc/Preset down: In tuner mode, it selects the previous preset station. In CD mode, it skips to the beginning of the current track if pressed once, and it skips to the previous track if pressed twice.
Installation Depth Note: The depth measurements in the Specs table were taken without an RCA patch cable plugged into the back of the unit. With an RCA cable connected, the "I" depth measurement is 7.241" and the "E" depth measurement is 7.05".
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.