Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
3-CD changer system
Item # 570NSXD70 | MFR # NSX-D70
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the AIWA NSX-D70 by Crutchfield's James Ralston
Another powerful audio value from Aiwa! Whether you're grooving to your favorite CDs, jamming to some classic cassettes, or tuning in to your favorite radio stations, the NSX-D70 provides the sonic punch for truly satisfying listening.
This compact shelf system's 3-disc changer plays your regular audio CDs along with audio CD-R and CD-RW discs. The dual cassette deck is great for dubbing from tape to tape, or recording from the built-in CD player and AM/FM tuner. The 3-way ported speakers each driven by 140 watts of power deliver rich, full sound. And with 4 EQ settings (1 user-adjustable), you can fine-tune your music to suit your taste.
- 3-CD changer with 30-track programming, repeat, and random play
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- dual cassette deck
- AM/FM tuner with 32 presets
- wake-up and sleep timers
- 3 EQ presets plus 1 user-adjustable setting
- spectrum analyzer display
- aux input
- headphone minijack
- wireless remote (requires 2 "AA" batteries)
- 3-way, bass-reflex speakers with side ports
- 140 watts x 2
- component block: 10-1/4"W x 12-3/4"H x 15-3/16"D
- speakers: 9-7/8"W x 12-3/4"H x 10-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the Box:
- Digital AM/FM tuner/Dual-cassette and 3-CD changer component block
- 2 SX-ND70 3-way speakers (each speaker has one attached 7.5' length of speaker wire)
- RC-CAS01 Wireless remote control (requires two "AA" batteries that are not supplied)
- FM dipole antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Operating Instructions (English/Spanish/French)
- Product Registration card
- Sheet of 2 stickers with AIWA's customer service phone number
- Sheet with toll free technical assistance and information phone number
D.I.N.A. Amplifier Technology: The NSX-D70 features a Dynamic Integrated Neo Amplifier (D.I.N.A.), which uses a high-output transistor to achieve high power equally over the output frequency range. With this technology, you can enjoy very clear sound from shaking heavy bass to the high clear voice of a female singer.
ECO Mode: To reduce the power consumption, you can activate an ECO power mode. This power economizing mode can be turned on or off. When the ECO mode is activated and the power is shut off, all indications of the display window including the clock are turned off. When power turns on by timer recording, the display window brightness is set to the dimmest setting. The display window brightens only when the unit is being operated. When the unit has not been operated for 10 seconds, the display dims to the level set by the Dimmer Mode. The ECO mode reduces the standby power consumption from 25 watts to 0.5 watts.
Volume Level: The volume level can be adjusted from 0 (minimum) to 40 (maximum). The volume level setting is retained during power off/standby. If the unit is turned off with the volume set to a high level (a setting of 27 or higher), the unit will automatically turn down the volume setting to 26 the next time the unit is turned on.
Spectrum Analyzer Display: You can choose one of the following spectrum analyzer display settings:
- Normal: displays the fluctuation from low frequencies to high ones
- Bass: displays the fluctuation of low frequencies only
- Level: displays the fluctuation of the average of all the frequencies
Graphic Equalizer: You can select one of the following sound equalization curves to match the music type:
- Rock: powerful sound emphasizing treble and bass
- Pop: more presence in the vocals and midrange
- Jazz: accented lower frequencies for jazz-type music
- User: allows you to adjust the bass, midrange, and treble settings. After they have been adjusted, you can store the settings as a customized equalization curve.
Clock: You can display the time in a 12-hour or 24-hour mode. The display will flash after a power interruption to remind you to reset the time.
Sleep Timer: This unit offers a sleep timer that will automatically shut itself off after a preset time. You can set the timer from between 5 minutes and 240 minutes in 5 minute increments.
Timer Playback: You can set the unit to start playback of the CD, tape, tuner, or a unit connected to the Auxiliary Input (external timer needed on auxiliary unit). You can also set the turn on volume and the duration of play time.
Timer Recording: You can set the timer to start recording the tuner or a unit connected to the Auxiliary Input (external timer needed on auxiliary unit). You can also set the volume and duration of recording time. You cannot perform a timer recording on the internal CD player.
Display Brightness: The display can be set to one of 4 positions: Dimmer Off (brightest setting), Dimmer 1, Dimmer 2, or Dimmer 3 (darkest setting--button lamps go off).
Disc Compatibility: This unit can playback 5" or 3" discs, and is compatible with finalized audio CD-R and CD-RW discs.
Tape Counter: The tape player has a 4-digit tape counter. You can reset the counter to 0000 by pressing the stop button in stop mode.
AI Edit Recording: The NSX-D70 uses AI (Artificial Intelligence) Edit Recording, which takes the length of the tape into account and rearranges the recording order of the CD tracks if necessary, so that no track is cut short at the end of the tape.
Programmed Edit Recording: As you program the CD tracks to record, Programmed Edit Recording displays the remaining recording time for each side of the tape, so you can easily select a set of desired tracks within the length of the tape.
Auxiliary Input: This unit has left and right RCA line level inputs to allow you to connect an auxiliary unit such as a TV, VCR, MiniDisc player, etc. You can change the input name in the display from "Aux" to "Video" to "TV."
Headphone Output: There is a stereo mini-jack headphone output on the front panel. The speaker output is muted when headphones are plugged in.
Speaker Outputs: The speaker outputs are locking clips, which can accept bare wires and pin connectors.
- 140 watts per channel (1 kHz, 10% THD, 6 ohms)
- 112 watts per channel (40-20kHz, less than 1% THD, 6 ohms)
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 0.08% (56 watts, 1 kHz, 6 ohms, DIN audio)
Minimum Impedance (Speaker Outputs): 6 ohms
- Component Block: 18 pounds 12 ounces
- Speakers: 9 pounds 15 ounces each
- Component Block: W=10.246", H=12.75", D=15.1875"
- Speakers: W=9.841", H=12.75", D=10.25"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.